• GameBoy Advance
    • Game Boy
    • Game Boy Color
    • SNES
    • NES
    • Virtual Boy
    • Undecided
    • Any other Systems

[SIZE=1]*puts the weapons down* What do you mean short life? Nintendo supported the darn thing for 5 years! Thats alot more than many other systems.

I would choose virtual boy because it wasn't very popular, there were only like 2 good games for it, and when I looked into the thing it gave me a headache.[/SIZE]

vb, why? cos over here in the uk it never came out in the shops, + from what Ive seen it didnt do very well anyway. Other than the vb, all nintendo systems were pretty good at the time of release

EDIT- It never came out in the shops in [i]stoke on trent[/i] anyway, the rest of the uk may be a different matter

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]There is no BAD Nintendo system. . I have played them ALL, and love them ALL. . . they rule, Nintendo RULES, it is the best. . .go away now, and no more bad mouthing Nintendo. .

Sorry. . little spill there :shifty:

Oh yeah, and I posted this in the wrong thread. . so. . . WHOOPS ^_^
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I agree with squashed snail, there is no worst system, in my opinion anyway. They are all good!
therefore I put undecided. I have never even seen a Virtual Boy before so I can't comment on that one.
Shame on all of you who think Nintendo 64 is the worst! :flaming:
I reckon it rocked, and still does. I personally share one with my little bro and it has served us well over the years. :smirk:

well, I have tried the Virtual Boy, which I don't think made the shops here in Australia, and it was alright. just not much games made for it. but they're all very good, it takes alot of work to make a system, and no doubt that they put alot of work into the Virtual Boy. they're all very good.

[color=indigo]I can't wait to see kuja's reaction to all this Virtual Boy bad-mouthing...

Anyway, I too think that they are all good. Sure, the VB didn't do well, buts that's just because it didn't have enough games. I'm sure that if more 3rd party developers had made more games for it, it would've been more popular. That and Nintendo was probably working more on SNES games at the time, so they didn't come out with a bunch of good games for it like they usually do.
Anyway, if it's how well the system did, VB is the worst. If it's the quality of the system, there is no "worst system".[/color]

Guest Imsirion
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]*puts the weapons down* What do you mean short life? Nintendo supported the darn thing for 5 years! Thats alot more than many other systems.

I would choose virtual boy because it wasn't very popular, there were only like 2 good games for it, and when I looked into the thing it gave me a headache.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

ok , so the life wasn't THAT short... but still, not alotta good games, i think anyways. im actually ready to sell my 64.

I don't see how anyone could say the Virtual Boy was anything but crap. Mario Tennis and Wario were decent games, but they still hurt your eyes as much as the others. People should at least see it was a failure, it had....what 20 games at most? N64 at least put up a fight, it didn't even have any competition. Even Sega didn't develop a pseudo-visor game system, heh they learned SOMETHING from their 32x/cdx fiasco I guess. Didn't see any saturn or dreamcast upgrades. Anyway, even if the VB sold for $20 it wouldn't have done well, it was like playing gameboy while wearing red sunglasses, while someone was blowing dust into your eye.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kizu [/i]
[B]Well I owuld have to say the game boy was the worst. Just because the shape of and the size. It is just so..... clunky [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]One could argue that the Game Boy isn't really that much different than an NES controller. When you're holding them, they both feel about the same. The Game Boy is a little thicker and heavier, but not that much.
But, I'm not going to argue with you, because I probably won't change you mind if I haven't already.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SephirothNIN [/i]
[B]I don't see how anyone could say the Virtual Boy was anything but crap. Mario Tennis and Wario were decent games, but they still hurt your eyes as much as the others. People should at least see it was a failure, it had....what 20 games at most? N64 at least put up a fight, it didn't even have any competition. Even Sega didn't develop a pseudo-visor game system, heh they learned SOMETHING from their 32x/cdx fiasco I guess. Didn't see any saturn or dreamcast upgrades. Anyway, even if the VB sold for $20 it wouldn't have done well, it was like playing gameboy while wearing red sunglasses, while someone was blowing dust into your eye. [/B][/QUOTE]

Will someone show me a picture of virtual boy??

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]One could argue that the Game Boy isn't really that much different than an NES controller. When you're holding them, they both feel about the same. The Game Boy is a little thicker and heavier, but not that much.
But, I'm not going to argue with you, because I probably won't change you mind if I haven't already.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

The first game boys were so large that they were portable but not very convenyent. they were just too big. But I have no plroblem with the GBC because that it was smaller and I could fit it into my pockets and bring it with me really anywhere. The only good thing on teh GB is that you can adjust the the brightness on it. And you couldn't for the on the GBC.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kizu [/i]
[B]

The first game boys were so large that they were portable but not very convenyent. they were just too big. But I have no plroblem with the GBC because that it was smaller and I could fit it into my pockets and bring it with me really anywhere. The only good thing on teh GB is that you can adjust the the brightness on it. And you couldn't for the on the GBC. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Yes, the original GB was large compared to the GBP/GBC, but it was really small for when it came out. A GB is actually almost as powerful as a NES. And a NES is quite a bit bigger than a GB.
Yes, I agree that the GBC/GBA does need a contrast adjuster. Especially when you're playing in low light.[/color]

[quote][i]Originally posted by slasher[/i]

[b]Will someone show me a picture of virtual boy??[/b][/quote]
[color=indigo]Certainly! Here's a picture:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SephirothNIN [/i]
[B]I don't see how anyone could say the Virtual Boy was anything but crap. Mario Tennis and Wario were decent games, but they still hurt your eyes as much as the others. People should at least see it was a failure, it had....what 20 games at most? N64 at least put up a fight, it didn't even have any competition. Even Sega didn't develop a pseudo-visor game system, heh they learned SOMETHING from their 32x/cdx fiasco I guess. Didn't see any saturn or dreamcast upgrades. Anyway, even if the VB sold for $20 it wouldn't have done well, it was like playing gameboy while wearing red sunglasses, while someone was blowing dust into your eye. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=red]Finally, someone that knows a bit about the Virtual Boy.

Did anyone ever wonder why they were taking off the market??? Where I look you can't even get a second hand one...

The problem was they messed up your eyes... If i played the Virtual boy half as much as I play my GCN, by now i's most likely be blind...

For God's sake they BURN YOUR RETINA OUT![/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=red]Finally, someone that knows a bit about the Virtual Boy.

Did anyone ever wonder why they were taking off the market??? Where I look you can't even get a second hand one...

The problem was they messed up your eyes... If i played the Virtual boy half as much as I play my GCN, by now i's most likely be blind...

For God's sake they BURN YOUR RETINA OUT![/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

i'd like to keep my retina so when i first bought it I threw at out the window and shot it with my dads rifle:devil: :devil:

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]hmmmmm i still play mine and i have BETTER than 20/20 so i dont know what that is all about... u just have to adjust it so that it focus correctly and you take the breaks when it says to ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

breaks schmeaks, heh every instruction booklet tells you to take occasional playing breaks, but does anyone actually go "I've been playing for an hour, I think I'll go take a break for a few minutes"? Heh maybe, not me tho, I take a break when I have to do something else, eat, sleep, play something else, school, etc. But w/ VB u don't have much of a choice cause of those stupid red and black lines >=(. Gameboy wasn't pocketsized, but it was portable and that's all that mattered. Heh it even kicked game gear's colorized butt too, gah GG was so slow and quirky, sonic was good but Mortal Kombat....ha! Fighting games shouldn't be portable I guess ô.O.