OtakuBoards

We WON!

Roxie Faye

[color=#9933ff]I really can't be online right now - it's too late, and I have to go to sleep/finish my HW, so I'll try to make this as short as possible (which means it'll still be long).

WE WON!!! WE [i]F***ING WON!!!!!!!![/i]

Our school won the state competition for Academic Decathlon ([url]www.usad.org[/url]) and WE'RE GOING TO NATIONALS!!! I'm actually an alternate competitor, so I won't be going to nationals at all, but the regular competitors will be. My very good friend, a newer member of OB, [b]Chroniosis[/b] will be going to the national comptition IN SAN ANTONIO!!!! with the rest of the school's Academic Decathlon team. (Ken & Lea - RAWR, you will come and watch!!)

Everyone of the regular competitors has labored SO LONG to win this to get to nationals. Every year before us, the same team has won states, but they didn't compete this year, so the team is FINALLY going to nationals. I can't think of [i]anything[/i] else right now - nothing else will enter my mind. Just the fact that the team is going to the national competition is the ONLY thing that I can think of. This is incredible.

And, the best part is, we're the only team in our school (out of all the sports teams, too!) to ever go to the national competition. OH YEAH!!!

Have you ever won a regional or state competition on a team at your school? How did it make you feel? (or, what degree of happiness did you feel?) [/color]

[quote name='MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff'] (Ken & Lea - RAWR, you will come and watch!!)[/color][/quote]

[color=crimson]I will? lol.

Anyway, congratulations Rox. I never really had the chance to win something on a team for my school, but individually I won some art competitions several times over within the state.

I hope everything goes well for your team. ;) [/color]

Congratulations! I was on the mock trial team this year (I'm a freshman),and we beat
the senior team at our school. We placed second in the region,and IT WAS THE AWESOME!! I'm going to be a lawter next year, too. I hope your team wins the
national competition. -^_^- We spent up to 6 hours a week practicing. You had to work
really hard,too! Lots of luck!
:D

[color=darkslateblue] Congrats! I'm on academic bowl, except I'm not incredibly into it.

I am into our debate team, and a bunch of us are going to Chicago for the NFL (national forensic league). Actually, to be specific, our debate team doesn't debate, persay. We basically do extemperaneous speech, original oratory, and dramatic interpretation (IMO policy debate is crazy and somewhat pointless). One of my friends also qualified for state in lterary regionals in girl's extemp speech. I almost made it in timed essay, but unfortunately I only got 2nd place. :/

And speaking of Chicago, our orchestra got invited to play at the Midwest Clinic there (basically an international music clinic that's pretty big). It was pretty exciting, except the amount of time we spent practicing was also crazy.

And our school totally kicks *** at Model UN. We've won the overall school award for it about a thousand times. >:][/color]

[font=trebuchet ms]^^ Congrats, Roxie!

I, myself, have gotten two artworks submitted to Scholastics. I've also come in third place in an art contest in my city, as well as 5th place in a poetry segment of the same contest.

My fencing team made it to second in our county and went on to compete in a statewide tournament and got far in that, I forget how we ranked. We got to meet some fencing legends, it was a blast.[/font]

[color=#9933ff]Wow. All of your accomplishments are awesome, you guys! Congradulations on the team and individual awards. ^^

Reading about mock trial, and debate team, etc. who have won competitions, I can relate because I'm sure that you have to put in a lot of time and effort, just like with Academic Decathlon. (crazy amount of time. >>) Winning isn't everything (heh, this team has had it's losses - too many), but I have to admit, it [i]is[/i] nice to win, you know? ^^;

Today in school was great - we announced the win over the PA, and people gave me some congradulations (for my individual award - I got a silver medal in Music). I was just so happy that the team won states. This is crazy! lol. ^_^'

P.S.: Ken, yis. You will come to see SUPER QUIZ!!! (It's the only open part - the rest are all tests in testing rooms.) hehe. @_@[/color]

[color=crimson]Our team rocks, Roxie. We are so cool. I wish I could go to Nationals with the rest of our team...
For those who don't know, I am in the same school as Roxie and also on the Academic Decathlon team. It was an awesome year so far. I won an individual alternate Honorable Mention in the Super Quiz category (Renaissance) and an individual alternate Gold Medal in the Language and Literature category (Shakespeare plays and Renaissance poems). It was a blast. I'm thinking of buying a plane ticket to go down so I can see Ken. ^_^ Oh, and support my team.

~Lumi ^_^[/color]

[color=#9933ff]Yeah, everyone's so excited about San Antonio and stuff. I'm just sorry I won't be able to go; my mom wants me to look at colleges over spring break, which is when the competition is, and I'm not even going to try to ask her, because I know she won't let me go (not that I have money for a plane ticket, either). Ugh, it's like... everyone says they're going to go, and I feel a little... unloyal? because I know that I just [i]won't[/i] be able to, because of monetary reasons, if for nothing else. =(

But anyway, SHINIGAMI LOVES YOU, LUMI!!! LOL. ^_^[/color]

[COLOR=Blue]Congratulations on your school win Roxie and Lumi. You two should really -.- keep in contact with people....especially when you have their...number...hint hint!! Anyway getting back on topic, I haven't really won anything school wise. Tournament wise....as corney as this is going to sound, I do play yugioh tcg/ocg wise seriously. I've won a couple of regionals in my area but never gotten a chance to go to nationals for that. Then there are some random low level video game tournaments for DOA I've won....but that's mostly for money. Anyway congrats and I hope your school does well at nationals. [/COLOR]

[color=#9933ff]*pounces* Thanks for the congradulations. ^_^ I don't know what I did with your number. I used to have Ken's number, and a bunch of other people's numbers, too, and now I just don't have them - they all disappeared one day, and I'm very sad for it. ;_; (I think Ken's might be floating around on my computer - god only knows where.)

And ygo tournament isn't corny or anything, you should know that. I mean, I think it's extremely cool to be that good at ygo - take it from the newbie, I know how hard it can be to win a game. You're regional champ - that's cool, too. Hehe, funny story about that, I'll tell you some time.

Thanks for the warm wishes about nationals from everyone; we're just excited that we can go. Competing is icing on the cake to the fact that we're going. We don't expect to beat the psycho insane team from California that wins every year - we just want to go. And we have, so it's excellent. ^^ [/color]

• 1 year later...
[COLOR=DarkOrange]When I saw 'We WON!' on the front page, I didn't know what to expect. Did OB win some kind of site competition? Did we pull out of Iraq? Is gay marriage legal?

honestly, I have no idea what an Academic Decathalon is, but still, congratulations and good luck.

As for is I've ever gone national, no. I don't do anything :animesigh [/COLOR]

[color=#9933ff]OMG I HEART YOU TOM TOM!!!!! ^_____^

Yes, yes, we won again. And this time I was on the team. And we all went to the national competition in HAWAII!!!! It was AWESOME!!!!

Kinda lazy right now and I don't really want to explain all the details or talk about how much FUN I had (!!!) but maybe later when I'm more motivated.lol. =)[/color]

Wow congrats!!! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

I have been to state and placed in Wrestling and Swimming...And I am a professional gamer for ssbm lol. So I have some experience with tournaments.

And my little brothers went to the world series for baseball for their age group..they got 4th I think losing to japan which is still really good >_>.

• 2 weeks later...
[color=#9933ff]Gavin - lol, yeah, Hawaii was definitely an awesome idea.

Chris - Thanks. ^_^ I guess I can post up a bunch of the pictures from Hawaii soon (I'm really busy right now, and the only word in my head is "dress" - I need to finish my prom dress!!!!). I've got so many pics, though, I'll have to pick and choose. heh. [/color]

Hmm. I have a sudden urge to throw out that I've gotten several parish and state victories in chess tournaments when I was younger. Nothing major, the best I've ever gotten was second place in the third round of the state tournament in...'99? Yeah, 1999.

...I haven't played in so long, too. Tch. I probably couldn't beat a third grader who knew Queen's Gambit right now.

...Yay Roxie.

Yay Hawaii.