OtakuBoards

Exams

Queen Asuka

Does studying for exams make you guys go insane? I've been cramming for my tests (specifically Biology) and all I can think about is bacteria now. It's clogging up my brain! Like, I was washing dishes, and I felt disgusting...I was thinking..."ew...bacteria is on me" LOL. So when does everyone get out for school? I only have 2 more days then I'm free for 2 and a half weeks!!!!!!!! *beams*:D

[FONT=century gothic]I don't know if it's seeing it on paper that helps me so much as just processing the information as I write it down...but I never look at my notes once I've taken them. The rare execption being my wonderful biology teacher's finals...What a nightmare! I love her dearly, but she writes an awful test....[/FONT]

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B]my brain![/B][/QUOTE]

Haha! Everytime I see that word I think you're talking about me :glasses: ...because my name is Brian...it's not that I'm conceded and think I'm really smart or anything :genius:

but yes, I have been studyin' for my ISS (sociology) class for quite some time now...and I think I'm done! Finally! ...I hope :blueshift

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Ok, first let me say that I have not been in college for about a semester, and even when I WAS there, I was not really there. . :hippy: . . . no just kidding :rotflmao: I just skipped a lot, went to parties, hung out with friends, or just did nothing and slept :wow: exciting no?

Ok, back to the subject. I noticed one thing when I went through school, both high school and college. I never really payed any attention in class, and wouldn't really cram before an exam, I would just go, and take it, and almost always pass, and usually with A's or B's. I always took this for granted, but looking back at how much I have slacked off, and totally messed up my own school life, I am fortunate that I squezed my way by with the luck that I had.

Anyways, once I go back to school, I hope to be MUCH more serious about it and try harder doing everything, including . . homework :shifty: . . riiiight.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Guest Voodookanaka
I partied instead of going to college.........I failed everything, ........except media :D

studyings made me percieve the world differently, now whenever I c a person I think things like:

Sex_____, Playing role of_________Social grouping ______, Class __________, Psychographic grouping ________, Marxist analysis of status____________, Functionalist position_________, Will fall for things of Genre___________ due to Psychographic etc...........................

its wierd, I want to yell and protest a lot.

Guest Voodookanaka
yup, I restarted as a new student, I feel really awkward, Part from the texan dude im the oldest person in all my classes.
theres a lesson to be learnt somewhere......along the lines of, drink + drugs = bad learning enviroment. :D

like many of you, i never studied. i have a photographic memory & besides, it's enough for me just to listen to the professor. also, all my frat buddies could get tests ahead of time... sometimes if i knew i could get the test, i wouldn't go to class the whole semester. i'd just show up for exam day. but i only did that w/ crap classes, like government for example. my mom's a politician, i already know everything, just needed the credits.

BAH! Exams are evil!!! But its gunna get worse in grade 12, QCS exams!!!! EVIL! Exam blocks are also evil, like 6 exams straight, all different subjects, all 1/2 of your total marks, and are only separated by 2 breaks (30min+1 hour)

Im really glad I finished over 2 wks ago, 6 more left!!

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Voodookanaka [/i]
[B]yup, I restarted as a new student, I feel really awkward, Part from the texan dude im the oldest person in all my classes.
theres a lesson to be learnt somewhere......along the lines of, drink + drugs = bad learning enviroment. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Haha! This was really embarrassing.....

today in my class, I was talking to one of my friends that met there, "Brother Taad" as I call him...and he mentioned his daughter...so asked him if she was hot...and he sed she's only 15....so I said I'd wait a year before we did anything....

...then I realized that I was talking to HER DAD!!! ...not her brother(as I'm used to)! ...It's weird having old people in class with you...:glasses: :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master O Beans [/i]
[B]

Haha! This was really embarrassing.....

today in my class, I was talking to one of my friends that met there, "Brother Taad" as I call him...and he mentioned his daughter...so asked him if she was hot...and he sed she's only 15....so I said I'd wait a year before we did anything....

...then I realized that I was talking to HER DAD!!! ...not her brother(as I'm used to)! ...It's weird having old people in class with you...:glasses: :D [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]:rotflmao: That made me crack up! Silly boy, asking if someone's daughter is hot...I'm surprised that he didn't take his shotgun out and shoot you right then and there.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]exams? EXAMS? Dont mention exams. I've seen past physics and biochem exams at my uni, and its not looking good. My physics teachers for these modules are also very sadistic, so im not lookin forward to this... [/B][/QUOTE]

All physics teahcers are sadistic. That is simply how they are.
I think that either school is too easy or anime lovers are just too smart and we don't really need to study. I think our intelligence is why we choose to be otakus in the first place.

Anime, its not a taste thing, its an intelligence thing.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B]Does studying for exams make you guys go insane? I've been cramming for my tests (specifically Biology) and all I can think about is bacteria now. It's clogging up my brain! Like, I was washing dishes, and I felt disgusting...I was thinking..."ew...bacteria is on me" LOL. So when does everyone get out for school? I only have 2 more days then I'm free for 2 and a half weeks!!!!!!!! *beams*:D [/B][/QUOTE]
well just don't study! i don't, and i still go well in all my exams/tests. ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]HA! I don't study for anything. :p Yet I still manage to get good grades, I don't knowhow I do it o.O[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Yup, same with me too...

And like Chris said, no matter how much I study, it doesn't help me on the actual exams, it makes me forget things... so I like to start a test with a clear mind, without clogging it full of useless information...[/SIZE]

My problem is my short attention span. I'll be reading a book for school then I'll go to the library and find other books that I'd like and begin reading them. Or when Im in math class and the teacher is explaining matrices my mind will wander off and think about skating across the street at the skatepark, etc. Heelys are weird.

Tomorrow's the first of my finals:lecture: ...And everything that I need to know is written on 1 page! Lucky me!

Darnit, my whole family's obssesed with my studying, but I keep telling them that if I study to much I'll forget things...What's with parents and grades?

yyyyyeah it's a little late for me to reply to this (I'm finished with school 'til next year! ;) ) but I dun care. I rarely study either. I mostly just sit and listen, and I'd do okay with just that if................ I didn't fall alseep. :sleep: I swear, it's cronic or something; I'll have a good 9 hours of sleep the night before, but if I don't move around and just stay sitting down for too long, I fall asleep (deep sleeps) in only minutes. :help: I have a memory that's mostly photographic. All I really need is to just skim/look over stuff the night before a test and I remember it the next day. If I work at it and actually stay awake in class, :blueshift I could probably just soak it all up during the day and never need to study again. :glasses:

[B]I study a bit before exams, i study a lot long before an exam (3 or 4 weeks) because I have a type of long term memory that makes me remember the smallest things weeks after i saw/heard them. Best thing to do in an exam is 1- Bring too many Pens/Pencils 2-RELAX! 3-Make sure you use your time well....[/B]

I have a photographic memory, so studying sometimes is not neccesary.

AND IT'S SO BORING!!!

I always muck about instead of studying. Bad habit...
But I usually do well...
Our school is very difficult, so you must study at least 5 minutes do get some semblence of a decent grade...