OtakuBoards

Words To Express Love

cancer

Many people are faced with difficulty when trying to think of what to say to that special person they love, be it a boy or girl. You want to know what to say to make them feel great and loved, but not sound corny. So I'm starting this thread for ideas on what to say to that person. Just post all your ideas on here of great things to say. I'll start with an example of something.

I love you more than there are stars in the sky.

[size=1]Seriously, folks, whatever happened to the classic:

[b]I love you.[/b]

Has it really lost its meaning so much that we need to tack on cheezy and annoying metaphor and similie? Its simplicity is what makes it so powerful and beautiful, or uninspired and lame. It's all in the delivery, I'd say. If you just mumble it, it'll sound weak. If you say it 'from the bottom of your heart,' the words will carry more meaning than anything else you'll be able to piece together.[/size]

Well, of course the classic "I love you" is good. But many times girls will ask you how much you love them or why you love them, so this thread is made for things you would say in that situation, or in other words, more interesting ways of saying I love you. : )

Forgive me, but how would this solve the problem or make things easier for people when they have to explain why they love someone? If they have to repeat a phrase from an anime messageboard...is it going to have any meaning at all? To me it would just sound like some pre-canned response or something, like someone reading off of cue cards.

Can't that person just speak from the heart and not try to quote a few dozen wannabe poets or Shakespeares or whatever?

Since when did "I love you" go so much out of style, anyway?

LOL, *sigh*, I never said that I love you went out of style. No one said that. You do have a point though, but this thread is for those people who want to use lines off here, so why dont we stop arguing about its reason and just post something relevent, thank you.

Personally, I just grab my crotch and say "nice rack!" Or "Fancy a w***?"

But, seriously now, telling someone plainly why you love them is more effective than abusing silly metaphors. I'd imagine most any female above the age of thirteen would laugh is someone told them they loved them more than there are stars in the sky. Absolutely terrible.

[quote name='Papa Smurf'] Can't that person just speak from the heart and not try to quote a few dozen wannabe poets or Shakespeares or whatever? [/quote]
Actually Shakespeare would have agreed that the expression of love should be simplified.

ROMEO:
Lady, by yonder blessed moon I vow,
That tips with silver all these fruit-tree tops--
JULIET:
O, swear not by the moon, th' inconstant moon,
That monthly changes in her circle orb,
Lest that thy love prove likewise variable.
ROMEO:
What shall I swear by?
JULIET:
Do not swear at all;
Or if thou wilt, swear by thy gracious self,
Which is the god of my idolatry,
And I'll believe thee.

I think I get what your asking here. I've always been the type to stick with the classic "I love you". But I can see that sometimes it's good to try and be a littl emore dramatic in the way you say it. Give me a moment to think of a good one.

"There is nothing in this world that I can say to even compare to the love I feel for you."

"If the love I have were an ocean, it would take a whole fleet of planes to reach the half way point."

"If I could tell you, then I could do anything."

I know they sound a little corny, but some girls seem to like them. What can I say, I'm a bit of a loser, but at least my GF loves me right. And I don't have to say this stuff to her either, so I've never really practiced.

[size=1]I've had a couple of guys tell me "I love you, more than anything.". However, only one guy has ever convinced me that he really did/does love me. Something along the lines of (the sentence is a condensed conversation):

"No matter what you choose to believe or not to believe, just know that I did--NO, I do love you. Always will."[/size]

[color=#b0000b][size=1]Silly thoughts and "I love you"s can be fun... although they seem to belong in a cheesy song more than they do in a conversation.

Personally, I think it's much sweeter when he says "I thought about you today when...." or "This reminded me of you." I like knowing that he thinks of me when I am not around.[/size][/color]

[COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=1][QUOTE=Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]Silly thoughts and "I love you"s can be fun... although they seem to belong in a cheesy song more than they do in a conversation.

Personally, I think it's much sweeter when he says "I thought about you today when...." or "This reminded me of you." I like knowing that he thinks of me when I am not around.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

Yes, yes, yes. Yes.

I agree >_>

Also, about 'girls sometimes ask how much a guy loves them'? Dude, I would never, ever do that. You can't just ask someone how much they love you and expect them to spread their arms wide and yell 'THIS MUCH!'. It's just...not romantic and I can't imagine why anyone would want to know that way.

Simple gestures like asking how your SOs day was, remembering something important they had going on and asking about it, those kind of things really matter, not a cheesy line. Even though Trevor and I mess around with our [B]'I need you more than a drowning man needs oxygen'[/B] lines, we have our moments where we don't even have to say 'I love you' to know how much the other really cares.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]I think that when something bad happens in your life or when you just really need someone to really be there for you, when your boyfriend just hugs you silently or just simply states, "I'll always be there for you...", is really romantic to me. I'm the type of person that just likes it when a guy does something very simple just to make you happy. I don't care wether he gets me a lot of presents or if he tries too hard to make me smile. It's when.... someone remembers something very little that's important to me and when he just does cute little things... those are the things that really make me feel special and happy.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]Personally, I think it's much sweeter when he says "I thought about you today when...." or "This reminded me of you." I like knowing that he thinks of me when I am not around.[/size'][/color][/quote]
I am with you here. There is just something special about hearing those little comments that let you know you are on his mind.

For me the feelings behind the words give whatever words you use strength. For instance, telling my best friend "I love you!" when she gives me a latte doesn't hold as much weight as when I tell my hubby "Ki o tsukete!" (Be careful) when he leaves for work in the morning. Telling him to be careful holds more emotion than the "I love you" I told my friend.

A phrase is only as strong as the emotions behind them.

[QUOTE=xliquidousx]Many people are faced with difficulty when trying to think of what to say to that special person they love, be it a boy or girl. You want to know what to say to make them feel great and loved, but not sound corny. So I'm starting this thread for ideas on what to say to that person. Just post all your ideas on here of great things to say. I'll start with an example of something.

I love you more than there are stars in the sky.[/QUOTE]
Actions speak louder than words. Any human can say they love something but its almost never genuine. To say words means nothing if there is no actions and if there is no actions what is the point of words. To show love you must do things to show love. If she/he does not notice they do not love you plain and simple.

Actions do speak louder than words but having them together is stronger than anything alone.

what would be cool to me would to have fireworks go off when you kiss that speacial someone after you propose and tell that someone how you feel. This will have the words and the action combined into something that cant be denied as anything but love. But you might want to save up for that Idea. Anyway the point is combine the two and not keep them separate.

As far as saying something just look into how you feel around that person, like the energy it gives you and how you cant be separated and try to express that in a way that makes sence. If you cant speak it then write it down like, here's a thousand reasons I love you and have her do the same. It doesn't need to be huge but it better not be small niether. :animeswea

Anyway thats just my oppinion. :animesmil