OtakuBoards

X-Men 3

DracoGuardian

I am pretty new here and thus I have no idea if this has already been gone over and the thread deleted long ago.

With it growing closer and closer to May and the release of X-Men 3 I was wondering who here is looking forwards to it and if there is anything specific about the movie they are looking forwards to. Personaly I can't wait to see Shadowcat who is on the banners and promo materials in theaters.

I'm really excited to see it. Plus my friend who is an actor. Is in it. Well he's the photo double for the blond x-men with wings. Not sure what the character's name or the actor's name is. But my hot friend sure resembles him! Too bad he wasn't just playing the whole part. So I'm excited!

[quote name='Linkk']I'm really excited to see it. Plus my friend who is an actor. Is in it. Well he's the photo double for the blond x-men with wings. Not sure what the character's name or the actor's name is. But my hot friend sure resembles him! Too bad he wasn't just playing the whole part. So I'm excited![/quote]

Thats so coo that you know someone involve and the character is Angel the actor is Ben Foster. I am so excited to see my favorite X-Man Rogue I'm ecited to see why Iceman leaves her for Shadowcat.

[quote name='Rei']Thats so coo that you know someone involve and the character is Angel the actor is Ben Foster. I am so excited to see my favorite X-Man Rogue I'm ecited to see why Iceman leaves her for Shadowcat.[/quote]

Ya it's cool. Sweet! My friend resembles him. I knew as soonas I saw tha add that that was the guy he was the photo double for! Wow! Rogue gets dumped! Well I guess he was sick of never being able to kiss her or touch her or anything. But I bet there's way more to it than that.

I dont know, but it could be that Rouge can basically kill Bobby if they have contact to long, that might be why he dumped her, lol. I'm excited to know that Halle Berry is still playing the role as Storm in the movie, there were rumors that she wouldn't/couldn't continue in this movie for some reason, but yayayayayay!!!

Anyways, I'm excited to see that Beast, Juggernaut, Shadowcat, and Angel are added into the movie. To be honest I thought that Beast was going to be added into X2, but this works out just fine. :catgirl:

[quote name='Shinjitsu][color=dodgerblue']Man, I really really really want to see it, but (as far as I know/have seen) we haven't even got the trailers here in Australia yet, lmao![/color][/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I went and saw a movie at Greater Union last night and they were airing X-Men 3 trailers there in the lobby. So it's definitely happening, although I don't know what the local launch date is. :( [/font]

I just saw the trailer tonight when I went to see V for Vendetta (I couldn't get it working on the internet, or I would've watched it sooner). The movie looks pretty good, but I'm disappointed with everything I saw with Beast. The makeup looked horrible in the few seconds that you got to see it moving up close, and the big wirework jump he did later on just looked really awkward in every way. I hope his character can make up for it. =E

[quote name='Mage17']I dont know, but it could be that Rouge can basically kill Bobby if they have contact to long, that might be why he dumped her, lol.[/quote] Man, that is exactly why I [i]wouldn't[/i] dump her if I were him. Or if I did, I'd make sure she could never get near me again.

[QUOTE=kingN]I can't wait for it to come out, but does anyone know what characters are going to be in it?
I hope gambit it, that man is bad, he's been my fav character ever since i pick up a comic.[/QUOTE] Unless they've managed to blindside the whole world, and exclude him even from the trailers, then Gambit's not in the movie. =(

The main new characters, I believe, are Phoenix, Beast, and Angel. There'll probably be loads of other one-shot ones, of course, and some of the one-shots from the other movies will also have bigger roles, 'twould seem.

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Personally I'm not looking forward to the next X-Men film as much as I did the last one, there was just a fair bit about X-Men 2 I didn't like, mainly in response to the plotline and a lot of the acting seemed artificial. However given that Kelsey Grammar is playing Beast I should hope that his performance will capture the true soul of the character. I'm off to the cinema tonight, so hopefully I might catch an X-Men 3 trailer.[/SIZE]

Here are the characters that are going to be in the new movie, so far I'm liking the line-up they have. But as told before, Gambit will not be appearing in this movie (very odd, but I hguess they didn't have room for him or something)

Wolverine / Logan
Professor Charles Xavier
Storm / Ororo Munroe
Dark Phoenix / Jean Grey
Cyclops / Scott Summers
Rogue / Marie D'Ancanto
Iceman / Robert "Bobby" Drake
Colossus / Piotr "Peter" Rasputin
Shadowcat / Katherine "Kitty" Pryde .... Ellen Page
Beast / Dr. Henry "Hank" McCoy.... Kelsey Grammer
Angel / Warren Worthington III
Jubilee / Jubilation Lee
Magneto / Eric Magnus Lehnsherr
Mystique / Raven Darkholme
Pyro / John Allerdyce
Juggernaut / Cain Marko
Callisto .... Dania Ramirez
Multiple Man / Jamie Madrox
Psylocke / Elizabeth "Betsy" Braddock
Arclight / Philippa Sontag
Quill / Maxwell Jordan
Dr. Moira MacTaggert
Dr. Kavita Rao .... Shohreh Aghdashloo
Warren Worthington, Sr. .... Michael Murphy
Bolivar Trask
Leech
Artie Maddicks .... Bryce Hodgson
Siryn
Young Warren .... Cayden Boyd
Young Jean
President
Elaine Grey
Dr. McCoy's assistant .... Tanya Newbould
Military Soldier .... Robbie Snooks

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][QUOTE=Mage17]Here are the characters that are going to be in the new movie, so far I'm liking the line-up they have. But as told before, Gambit will not be appearing in this movie (very odd, but I hguess they didn't have room for him or something)
[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua]NO!! WHY?! Aw, that totally sucks! I like Gambit. His accent was so cool. But so far the line up is cool, except for the no Gambit part. Anyhoo, does anyone know what the story line for this movie is? [/FONT] [/COLOR]

All I know is that the government is going to use the powers of the mutant Leech which is to kind of deactivate the powers of mutants around him to create a cure for mutants and Magneto of course doesn't like that so he gathers a whole lot of mutants and wages war.

personaly I am not a big fan of the mutant cure/vaccine plot or that Mystique is working for Magneto I have hated that since the first movie. It is as big a greivance to me as Daredevil was in it's entirity but that is a rant for a different thread that I may make at some point for fun.

[quote name='DracoGuardian']personaly I am not a big fan of the mutant cure/vaccine plot or that Mystique is working for Magneto I have hated that since the first movie. It is as big a greivance to me as Daredevil was in it's entirity but that is a rant for a different thread that I may make at some point for fun.[/quote]
If you don't like the cure plot, fine. However, Mystique has a long history of working for the Brotherhood in the comics. She's worked for Mageto, and has done things in his honor while he was absent. She also has a history of double-crossing him, but hey, Mystique is the type of woman who'll double-cross her own children.

And you should watch Daredevil: The Director's Cut. Unlike the theatrical version, the Director's Cut actually has 3 Acts.

Actualy she hasn't really ever worked for Mags in the comics she made her own version of the Brotherhood that later became Freedom Force. She works to her own agenda and not for Magneto in the comics the her working for Magneto thing really is a movie set up. oh and I did see the Director's cut of Daredevil the casting still sucked, and over all it was still a bad movie and another reason someone needs to find a way to prevent Ben Affleck from making anymore movies.

I stand corrected. You have to admit, it's confusing as hell that Mystique was part of a Brotherhood entirely separate from Magneto's Brotherhood. I always assumed she worked for him at some point.

I'd continue to defend Daredevil, but what's the point? I thought the story was good.

My biggest issue was the casting kinda like how I dislike some of the casting for X-men like in the case of Storm the actress is way too short. well that really is my only issue with casting for the X-men series. The story in Daredevil was pretty good but the casting was awful as was some of the acting.