CDDElric1221

Thats a hard question cuz i hav alot of fav movies but my top 6 movies are
Tommy boy
Doge ball
Princess mononoke
Napoleon dynamite
Austin powers gold member
Billy madison
those are my top 6, i watch moslty funny movie. I just like movies that make me laugh you know.

[font=Verdana][color=blue]As with any favorites thread, it is important to explain why you picked your choices. List after list after list doesn't do much for the discussion. A full review of the movie isn't necessary but a simple reason as to why the movie(s) you picked are your favorites help. Just keep that in mind for any further posts in this thread.[/color][/font]

[COLOR=SeaGreen]Here are a few of mine

The Lord of The Rings Trilogy
Back To The Future Trilogy
Indiana Jones Trilogy
Star Wars Trilogy ( The originals) The new ones are well blah...Episode 3 isn't too bad though.
The Last Unicorn
Young Guns 1 and 2
Wayne's Worls 1 and 2
Monty Python and The Holy Grail
Blazing Saddles
History of The world Part 1
Peter Pan
Airplane 1 and 2
Munchies( a bad B movie but I use to watch it all the time when I was little)
Robin Hood Men in Tights
The Craft
Some Kind Of Monster
The Princess Bride[/COLOR]

My favourite film of all time has to be Final Fantasy VII Advent Children. I remember quite a while ago when I was watching the early trailers, thinking how awesome it looked. Then when I actually saw the film it was ten times better, The detail in this film is incredible, just look at the reflections in the swords/water/windows and you?ll see what I mean. The voice acting is also really well done, I can?t wait to see the English version. The action in this film is second to none, I can?t praise it enough.

My favs. that I will watch any time I get the chance are:
Shawshank Redemption
Silence of the Lambs
Twister
Forest Gump
Baby's day out
Ummm... thats all I can think of right now. :animestun
I dont really know what draws be to them, But I just cant pass up an opportunity to not watch them. :animesmil
I guess its the storys or I just watched them when I was little and I never grew out of them.

Moon Child is by far my favorite.
No..not because Gackt and Hyde are the stars.
I cried, laughed, and was worn out by the time the movie finished.
The entire plot and the way it's played out just works perfectly.
Other than that..I like comedies. Date Movie rocked, although it wasn't as good the second time.
And Monty Python NEVER gets old. Seriously, I love everything those guys do.
Star Wars got me addicted to movies. When I was a kid..I had all the figures and models and everything. But they were given to charity. ;_;

Guest Vlade_Rayne
I've seen two movies recently that were very cool Sin City was a strait out bloody mess and i loved it and i saw FF7- Advent Children that last fight scene was amazing.

Guest Heero yuy
Donnie Darko
Cecil B. Demented
Office Space
The Big Lebowski
I heart Huckabees
V For Vendetta
Wedding Crashers
Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
Get Shorty
Be Cool
Shaun Of The Dead
Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle
Gattaca
Resivoir dogs
End Of Eva
Boondock Saints

a lot more...

[QUOTE=Heero yuy]Donnie Darko
Cecil B. Demented
Office Space
The Big Lebowski
I heart Huckabees
V For Vendetta
Wedding Crashers
Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
Get Shorty
Be Cool
Shaun Of The Dead
Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle
Gattaca
Resivoir dogs
End Of Eva
Boondock Saints

a lot more...[/QUOTE][COLOR=Sienna]
[FONT=Times New Roman]
You and I need to talk. That's esentially what I was going to put (minus Cecil B. Demented and I heart Huckabees).
[/COLOR][/FONT]

My favorite movies are:

Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Star Wars
Harry Potter
Versus
Zatoichi movies
The Stormriders
Legend (the one with Tom Cruise)
Labyrinth
Willow

and alot more. go to [url]www.myspace.com/timmortal[/url] for the full list of my favorite movies, music etc.

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Arial]Petie has asked people before to explain why you like these movies.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by[B] Petie[/B]
As with any favorites thread, it is important to explain why you picked your choices. List after list after list doesn't do much for the discussion. A full review of the movie isn't necessary but a simple reason as to why the movie(s) you picked are your favorites help. Just keep that in mind for any further posts in this thread.[/QUOTE]

If people continue to post lists, I might have to close this thread.

Now, for my favorite movies. I saw[B] Labyrinth[/B] on Disney when I was six years old, and I've loved it ever since. I'm a big fan of musicals, and whats more, I adore 80's music. I love the story and the puppets - Jim Henson's brilliance was something to be admired.
I've also loved [B]Wizard of Oz[/B] since I was really little, but that one is almost self-explanatory. It's a musical, a fantasy, and there's absolutely nothing I can find to not like about it. Sure, the acting isn't award-worthy by todays standards, and the effects and scenery are way outdated, but for a movie from 1939, it's certainly the best. I'll take the fake looking Emerald City over the Star Wars universe any day.
One of the funniest movies I've ever seen is [B]Clue[/B]. I love everything about this movie, the actors/actresses, the plot, and especially the comedy. There's not much else to describe about it, but I think everyone should see it.
[B]Spaceballs[/B], [B]The Producers[/B], and [B]High Anxiety[/B] are comedic masterpieces to me. I love Mel Brooks so much. (And the Producers is a musical about [spoiler]a musical about Hitler.[/spoiler] How can that not be amazing?)
My favorite Tim Burton movie is definitely [B]Big Fish[/B]. I cry everytime I watch it. The depth of the story and all the weird characters can be extremely inspiring. Like any Tim Burton movie, it's got fantasy and dark humor - not to mention Helena Bonham Carter (but no Johnny Depp).[/FONT]

[quote name='Amelia][FONT=Arial](And the Producers is a musical about [spoiler]a musical about Hitler.[/spoiler'] How can that not be amazing?)[/FONT][/quote]

Haha, damn right! The Producers is fantastic.

Anyway, some of my favorite movies:

Dr. Strangelove - My favorite movie ever. It's a hysterical (in more ways than one lol) black comedy about an paranoid Air Force general who orders the wings under his command to bomb Russia and the government's frantic attempts to stop this from happening. Frankly, I think that everything in this film is damn near flawless, from Stanley Kubrick's directing to the great acting, especially from Peter Sellers and George C. Scott, who have me rolling whenever they're on screen.

The Great Dictator - You haven't lived until you've seen Adenoid Hynkel, Charlie Chaplin's spot-on cariacature of Hitler. The scene where he gives his speech to the citizens of Tomania had me cracking up so badly. The rest of the film is also classic and very funny.

Duck Soup - Speaking of funny, I think that this might be the funniest film I've ever seen. The Marx Brothers were absolute comedic geniuses and they just go all out in this movie. I could go on all day about all of the classic sequences in this (the mirror scene, Groucho singing "Just Wait 'Til I Get Through With It," the hat switching scene, the war, Groucho flinging insults at Mrs. Teasdale; it just goes on and on). The best part is that it holds up incredibly well; I guarantee that it's funnier than just about anything you'll see today, and by quite a distance at that.

The Empire Strikes Back - This'll always be one of my favorite movies ever no matter what. Watching the re-release with a bunch of crazed fans and essentially being introduced to the trilogy for the first time is easily the greatest theater experience I've ever had. I don't think that anything else will ever compare to it. Beyond that, what can I say? ESB is the best Star Wars film: It's got the most memorable scenes, the best story, the best ending, and the best lightsaber duel. I love it.

Mulholland Dr. - *points to avatar* People get really confused by the story (I know I was when I first watched it, and still am to an extent), but I don't even think that's the main reason that people should see this. In Mulholland Dr., David Lynch crafts a creepy, unsettling mood that's as close to a literal dream as I think a movie can get. It's all so surreal and bewildering, but it's also fascinating and entertaining. If you like your movies to have completely linear plots that don't deliberately confuse you, then you'll probably hate this (and I don't think that there's anything wrong with that, really), but if you're open to a story that's as much about bizarre visuals and setting a distinct mood as it is about getting from point A to point B (and I personally think that the film [i]does[/i] have an actual sequence of events, though it takes a bit of thinking to figure it all out), then definitely give this a watch. Whether you like it or not, at the very least I don't think that you'll be bored. :)

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Sienna]My new favourite movie is High Tension (Haute Tension, as it is a French movie). On the surface, it's a great gore flick where excessive amounts of blood and murdering, which is exactly what I'm after, but it's much, much deeper than that. I won't spoil the ending for you, though. High Tension manages to achieve pure terror that Holly Wood has been failing to achive for years. It's an incredible movie. Plus a guy gets decapitated by a bureau... how sweet is that?[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=darkgreen][size=1]

My favorite movies go by genre.

For comedy, it would basically be anything by Kevin Smith. My two favorites from him are his original flic, [B]Clerks[/B] and his last film in that whole arc, [B]Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back[/B]. [B]Clerks[/B] is by far the most original comedy I've ever seen. It's whole premise is a single day in the shoes of two friends who run a convience store/video rental shop. It provided me with some of my favorite moments ever. One of my favorite being the Death Star conversation held between the two main characters. The ladder film, is by far on a larger scale and has a more 'over the top' sense of humor. Like a modern day, hyper vulgar, Monty Python. I have rememorized the first 15 minutes of this film. I can recite them on command. I've seen the whole movie atleast 25 times.

For action, it would have to be the [B]Kill Bill[/B] series. Not because it has 'amazing special effects' or anything. It just has a terrific storyline and very cool/unique characterization. It makes you genuinley care about the main character and Bill is by far the baddest mo-fo this side of Chuck Norris. The final fight scene, however breif, was extremely cool. I also enjoyed the [B]Matrix[/B] trilogy. As much slandering it takes for the latter films, I really don't care. I thoroughly enjoyed all three.

If westerns were a category, then hands down it would be the "Man With No Name" trilogy done by Clint Eastwood. All of them are classics.

Applying to Kung Fu films, I have several. The most recent are [B]Kung Fu Hustle[/B] and [B]Hero[/B]. The fight between the Hero and Sky in the film's beginning was the greatest. I also enjoyed [B]Twin Warriors[/B] alot. But out of all, any film by [B]Bruce Lee[/B] out performs all. He was truely an amazing martial artist and performer.

That is all for now.[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
my favs are:
1: King Kong cuz the the visual effects and the sound i seen like 4 of the remakes and not1 comes close 2 the 2005 remake
2: godzilla 2000 cuz its just an all out great movie i seen ALOT of the old godzilla movies and this 1 is the best of the best
3: spiderman 2 i love the spider man comics i been reading them since i was like 5 and i LOVE the spiderman MOVIES even more i cant wait till the 3rd one comes out
4: Xmen 2 its just 1 of those movies that just dont need words ya know? :cool: