Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
...Don't trust Computer Technicians.

As nice as they may seem, and as qualified as they look, their constant reassuring comments and important sounding techno-babble is no more than a mere hoax to make you believe they have everything under control...

But they don't!

All they do is poke around in your files, and look for really important stuff to play the deleting game with! Then, when you go to pick yer Computer up from them, they say; 'Oh, we're still working on it. It'll be ready for you tommorow.'

So anyway, 3 weeks later you get your computer back. It's slow, it freezes up every 20 seconds, and you can't go online... So you ring them up...

'Hey, my Computer is messed up! What the hell did you do to it? I said fix it, not f*** it up!'

'Oh, Okay, just bring it back in.' They'll tell you. So you take it back in... Sure enough, another few days go by and you FINALLY get it back.

But the Modem STILL doesn't work.
Rinse, Lather, Repeat.

So, after all that, you finally get your Computer back. And the one lesson you've learned is; DON'T TRUST COMPUTER TECHNICIANS!!

---------------

(Heck, I've been gone close to three weeks now. I wonder If anyone still remembers me... Hmmm...)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]...Don't trust Computer Technicians.

As nice as they may seem, and as qualified as they look, their constant reassuring comments and important sounding techno-babble is no more than a mere hoax to make you believe they have everything under control...

But they don't!

All they do is poke around in your files, and look for really important stuff to play the deleting game with! Then, when you go to pick yer Computer up from them, they say; 'Oh, we're still working on it. It'll be ready for you tommorow.'

So anyway, 3 weeks later you get your computer back. It's slow, it freezes up every 20 seconds, and you can't go online... So you ring them up...

'Hey, my Computer is messed up! What the hell did you do to it? I said fix it, not f*** it up!'

'Oh, Okay, just bring it back in.' They'll tell you. So you take it back in... Sure enough, another few days go by and you FINALLY get it back.

But the Modem STILL doesn't work.
Rinse, Lather, Repeat.

So, after all that, you finally get your Computer back. And the one lesson you've learned is; DON'T TRUST COMPUTER TECHNICIANS!!

---------------

(Heck, I've been gone close to three weeks now. I wonder If anyone still remembers me... Hmmm...) [/B][/QUOTE]

o_o... So true. I have a guy that comes to my house and fixs my comp in like 1 hour. So he is real reliabile.
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]Computer Technicians are like plumbers, or V.C.R. repair men...... they don't have lives, so they like to screw with people who do. This is why everyone must get a G.E.D., get into college, and become smart..... so your name tag won't say, "Bob.. Plumbing and Waste Specialist." :lecture:[/COLOR]
Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]kuja's tip for the year... dont trust final_flash's tip ;) mine come once a year so they must be more meaningful then one a week ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]kuja's tip for the year... dont trust final_flash's tip ;) mine come once a year so they must be more meaningful then one a week ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

I assure you next weeks tip is gonna have something to do with you, kujy-wujy... :whoops:
Posted
Those are wise words Flash...now let me just shove them up my (deleted due to the younger generation)!

Don't listen to my old ramblings...I'm simply [I]really[/I] deprived of sleep...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gee-enki Dama [/i]
[B]Most PC repair men you call out are useless so I either do I myself or call a friend or two

:nervous: :worried: [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, i know. But lucky for me i found a real good guy for fixing my computer, who is even getting me a $2000 flat computer screen, for $800. :D :D :D :D
Posted
Thanks for the useless tip Flash. I'll be sure never to listen to a word you say again. :D
Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]sligh problem w/ what you just said... if you dont trust mods... well...
i said dont listen to FF... so if you dont trust me... u have to trust him... or if you dont trust him... ur agreeing w/ me ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
Those computer repairmen can screw you pretty easy, they are just like car repairmen. My problem is that if my computer gets messed up I screw with it, mess it up more, screw with it mess it up more, then I take it in....I guess I am both subborn and cheap:shifty:
Posted
[SIZE=1]Ha... technitions... I can't spell that, that's why I don't like them :p

But seriously, they come to your house, fix a VERY small prob. with your PC and then expect like, $200!![/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]

(Heck, I've been gone close to three weeks now. I wonder If anyone still remembers me... Hmmm...) [/B][/QUOTE]


[COLOR=red]Who the heck are you??? How'd you become a mod and get so many posts so quick... Whoa... :shifty:


Anyway, 'bout computer techs... I don't bother with them.. my Mum is one herself... so, well, i don't think she'd really wanna break min eor her computer... considderinng she pais for them :p [/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]well, my dad's a computer technician, among other things, & i definitely don't trust him. [/B][/QUOTE]

So is my dad, so it makes me trust him... because I love my dad...
Posted
[FONT=century gothic]heh, I know a wonderful amazing person who solves all of my computer problems over the telephone.... Yea, Uncle James![/FONT]
Posted
[SIZE=1]Lol, I've never had to resort to a comp. tech.. if my computer starts to be weird then I just :cussing: about it until my mom or dad breaks and eventually gets a new one, lol. This is our second computer, we should have gotten a new one YEARS ago though.. lol, our old one was from about 92ish :eek:[/SIZE]
Posted
well, my uncle ron is like a computer god, so when i have a problem i call him. but never call compaq people. i called them, all this one guy wanted to do is sell me stuff. i hung up and called again, and the next guy sounded like he was high and didn't know what he was talking about. i called my uncle, fixed in 5 mins. :smoke:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...