OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

Where do you think Bleach is going?

I don't have any idea. Just fill me in after vol. 3 as much as you can while answering the question.
[COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]darkartic[/B], I have merged your Bleach thread with the official thread. Please do not start a new thread if one already exists. Just check the directory at the top of the forum before creating a new thread. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nanayuu
Well, I've started Bleach around April this year and I caught up with the Scanlations so~ well - what to tell you! I'M JUST AMAZED BY THE STORY AND ARTWORK AND EVERYTING!!!!
Bleach is just the best!!!

[COLOR=#656446][quote name='Delta][COLOR=#656446][SIZE=1]But I think Chapter 231's still a bit early for a sudden surge in [spoiler]Ichigo's vaizard form. No one important to Ichi is in the line of fire yet and Grimmjow is such a cool character that I imagine Kubo's not fonna finish him off anytime soon. If anything, he'll get beaten up and I'm expecting the Vaizards to pull him out off the mess. It's probably like that first meeting with Byakuya where Yoruichi saves him in the nick of time, yeah?[/spoiler][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote] [spoiler]I was expecting Ichigo to lose to Grimmjow even 5 chapters before he got pwned, but the way he lost was absolutely spectacular. Dragging Rukia in to the mess (and making her rescue attempt fail miserably) was a lovely touch too![/spoiler] Ah, how I love thee, Kubo.

[quote name='Ikillion][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][spoiler]I wonder if Hitsugaya ever finalised his Bankai so that the three shuriken like timers behind him arn't there anymore.[/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote] Um, um, um... [spoiler]Oh yeah, that! I didn't notice them shuriken timers when they were going against that eight-armed Arrancar (that was his bankai, right?). [/spoiler][/color]

[quote name='Delta][COLOR=#656446] Um, um, um... [spoiler]Oh yeah, that! I didn't notice them shuriken timers when they were going against that eight-armed Arrancar (that was his bankai, right?). [/spoiler'][/color][/quote]

Yes that was [spoiler]Hitsugaya's Bankai when he was versing the 8 armed Arrancar. The thing is though that he's shuriken timers were never focused on before his first fight with an Arrancar, and maybe Kubo doesn't really want them to be an overly big thing during certain fights.[/spoiler]

The Big question right now is what does [spoiler]Aizen want with Inoue. I mean I've been reading speculation that Aizen might make her a hollow and a number of other things like using her powers to make other Arrancar before the item's determined active time. One thing is certain though is that Kubo said he planned on giving Inoue a bigger roll and it does look that way.[/spoiler]

Has anyone also noticed we haven't heard from Ishida in a while?

[COLOR=#656446][quote name='Meggido']Has anyone also noticed we haven't heard from Ishida in a while?[/quote]Lemme guess... Kubo's probably planning another grand entrance, yeah? Maybe Ishida'll show up all cool and [i]very[/i] Quincy when it's crunch time, like [spoiler]Urahara did just recently.[/spoiler]

About Hitsugaya's shurikens, [spoiler]I finally saw them in a panel from Chapter 209 [i]Lift the Limit[/i]. It's in the same page where Matsumoto's communicator starts beeping, top panel. They're there, all three of them, but they're veeeeery faint.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Speaking of limits, I've a question: do you think Urahara has a Limit Release tattoo? If he doesn't, then how does he keep his spirit pressure down?[/spoiler][/COLOR]

[font=trebuchet ms]Urahara has no spirit release tattoo, because [spoiler]he's no longer affiliated with Soul Society[/spoiler]. Ichigo's been chastised in the past for having no control over his spirit power, so I assume all the more seasoned high-level Shinigami can conceal themselves. I know [spoiler]Tousen, Komamura, Hisagi and Iba all concealed themselves to sneak up on Kenpachi, just before the Kenpachi versus Bankai Tousen fight[/spoiler].

Hitsugaya's flower petals: it's been suggested their sequential shattering is a countdown [spoiler]to his Bankai shattering, because he's a relatively inexperienced Captain with an incomplete Bankai[/spoiler]. However, that conclusion was drawn by an Arrancar, based on pure speculation, and Hitsugaya didn't agree or disagree. It's clear that in the month's timelapse between [spoiler]Ichigo gaining his Vizard mask and Ulquiorra's latest invasion of the living world, the petals have disappeared, suggesting they were indeed an indication of his Bankai being incomplete, and that he's trained in the meantime to get rid of that handicap[/spoiler].[/font]

[COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]You know speaking of Hitsugaya's [spoiler]Bankai star thingies,[/spoiler] I just had a though.

Could it perhaps be something that is along the lines of [spoiler]Ikkaku's bankai where that dragon shaped symbol was slowly filled up, the stronger bankai became, Yet it is instad more of a countdown to some kind of new form/new kind of an attack.[/spoiler]

That is only guessing that it isnt used to count down to the [spoiler]end of his bankai[/spoiler]though.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I can't speak about Hitsugaya's bankai, and I'm not particularly fond of him that much. (Nothing against him, but it's a fan crowd thing. It's nothing to worry about ^^)

While I have been enjoying the last few chapters of Bleach, I wasn't really fond of chapter 237. I know there is always a big slow down after big fights, and you have to spend time on character development, thinking about the current situation, wondering what's gonna happen next type of stuff.

Now I may have to read it again because it's hard to function and comprehend while being tired. (only got 4 hrs of sleep.... this heat is crappy) But nothing was really explain other than what's going on with Orihime. [spoiler]Other than her power, I'm still not sure why Aizen wants her.[/spoiler]

They make you want to know more about the man of mystery. (Urahara) But again, they don't say nothing. Like I said, I probably have to re-read this chapter to see if I actually caught anything.

And to go a little bit off-topic. (It's on topic, but it's with the anime / manga... bah. w/e) With the whole filler thing that's going on in Bleach.... I guess you can say Naruto as well. I'm starting to think they're going down the same road as Rurouni Kenshin. You know, the best arc not being animated. (I think that's the word I'm looking for) While I still think the best arc at this moment is the SS arc, I'd still like to know that the arrancar arc (just a made up name for this arc) is going to be animated.

[color=dimgray] Chapter 237 [spoiler]Made me love Inoue more. The ending soliloquy was very sweet. My girlish side made me fangirl over it. :3 The Bleach manga has been getting more interesting lately, though I wish they'd stop having short bursts of fights. [/spoiler]

@ Bullet: I'm not really into the Bleach anime, but aren't they just doing fillers so the manga can get ahead? Perhaps they're just waiting... [/color]

[QUOTE=Lunox][color=dimgray]
@ Bullet: I'm not really into the Bleach anime, but aren't they just doing fillers so the manga can get ahead? Perhaps they're just waiting... [/color][/QUOTE]
I heard they were doing that too. And I'm not sure how far the manga is from the anime either. I'd like to think they did enough fillers [spoiler]because I want to see Ichigo with his hollow mask on in color.[/spoiler] And I'm just hoping they would get it animated. I guess I'm so suspicious of it because of how RK turned out. I'm not sure why they never did animate the revenge arc, but they did about 27-30 filler episodes, and it's like they just gave up on it.

I hope you're right though. I hope they're just waiting.

[COLOR=#656446][spoiler][i]And 5 times fall in love with the same person[/i][/spoiler]

[SIZE=1][SPOILER]Yes, those ten words brought tears to my eyes! I love you, Hime-chaaaan!!!
(My, my. We all knew that it was Ichigo she'll say goodbye to but I thought they were really going to kiss. Or Ichigo'll suddenly answer in his sleep... or something like that. Ah, but now that I think about it, what just happened in 237 is so very Kubo.)[/SPOILER]

Also, [spoiler]halcyon days are 7 days in a year when storms are never said to occur. So does "Good Bye Halcyon Days" mean that, well, the next chapter's gonna be the star of a super-exciting sub-arc?[/spoiler][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Delta][COLOR=#656446][spoiler][i]And 5 times fall in love with the same person[/i][/spoiler]

[SIZE=1][SPOILER]Yes, those ten words brought tears to my eyes! I love you, Hime-chaaaan!!!
(My, my. We all knew that it was Ichigo she'll say goodbye to but I thought they were really going to kiss. Or Ichigo'll suddenly answer in his sleep... or something like that. Ah, but now that I think about it, what just happened in 237 is so very Kubo.)[/SPOILER]

Also, [spoiler]halcyon days are 7 days in a year when storms are never said to occur. So does "Good Bye Halcyon Days" mean that, well, the next chapter's gonna be the star of a super-exciting sub-arc?[/spoiler][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray] [spoiler]*_* My thoughts exactly. I didn't get teary but made me sit there for a while. *in love with subtle romance*

I'm pretty sure the "Goodbye, Halcyon Days" means that the following events will be exciting (well, for the readers) and extra turmoil for our characters. :3 I have no idea if anything exciting will happen in the next chapter, persay. I'd like to see more character development rather than fights.[/spoiler][/color]

[COLOR=#234d8a][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]So cute yeah it was. Yet I was more of a [spoiler]"Aww damn she is gone now"

I betcha that we are going to see her back later on, but of course on the other side, with a zankputo even! Or she may be with that whole, "I have been corrupted by Azien-sama, Please Kurosaki-kun, you have to kill me" This chapted just gave me a feeling of that.

As for the Halcyon days part, there is going to be a huge fight comming up soon, sorta like the days were the calm before the storm yeah?[/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#656446]^ Haha! [spoiler]"Corrupted"? Perhaps Orihime'll be turned into an Arrancar (what good will it do?) or her power'll be extracted/forced out of her, kinda like what happened with Ishida... or something like that.[/spoiler] One chapter a week is too slooooow!

Wut? [spoiler]Orihime can heal even without her little flying friends? She was able to heal Kurosaki's hand by just touching it, right? Is this the result of her training in Soul Society? Wonder what would have happened if she kissed him. [/spoiler][/COLOR]

[quote name='Delta][COLOR=#656446][spoiler] Wonder what would have happened if she kissed him. [/spoiler'][/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=#99121c][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]=O [spoiler]Do I sense Seckses between the two of them?! No that can't be it, Kubo would never allow such a thing to be shown in HIS manga. Yet I think doing that may help his organs heal properly, espically with the number of times he has been impaled by a sword. Who wants sharp pointy objects inside them anyways! [/spoiler]

The only reason I really liked 238 is because [spoiler]we get to see Ken-chan once more. Even though he was only there to force his squad back to soul society. His coolness overcomes that instantly, as well as being in the 11th squad.

Yet part of this makes me think that Ichigo needs to know when to shut up at times. He made Inoue go from Kidnapped hostage to Possible Turncoat in a slow amount of time. Betcha he will save her anyways, cuz the main character is always like that yeah?[/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Delta]Wut? [spoiler']Orihime can heal even without her little flying friends? She was able to heal Kurosaki's hand by just touching it, right?[/spoiler][/quote][font=trebuchet ms]Umm ... no. It wasn't shown, but we just have to assume she [spoiler]used Soten Kisshun before leaving[/spoiler].

Also, [spoiler]they can't make her an Arrancar. She's not a Hollow; she doesn't have a mask to pull off. I imagine Aizen'll get her to do his dirty work simply by continuing the threat to kill her friends[/spoiler].

And the conclusions Soul Society's drawn about Inoue - I didn't see that coming at all! I have to wonder whether that was part of the bad guys' plan all along - not only to [spoiler]kidnap the poor girl, but to do it in such a way as to make her seem like a defector. I did wonder in [i]Goodbye, Halcyon Days[/i] about the thinking behind the twelve hours' grace - it seemed uncharacteristically merciful for Ulquiorra or Aizen, so if this was the ulterior motive behind it, then they're actually even more devious than I thought[/spoiler].[/font]

So I finished reading chapter 238 a while ago.

While I understand the head captain's reasons for [spoiler]denying the pursuit of Inoue[/spoiler] and whatnot. I just wanted to slap him one good time if I saw him say "Unacceptable" one more time.

Who'd have thought we'd see [spoiler]Kenpachi and Byakuya[/spoiler] together? Even though it was a brief moment, it was good to see them again. Although I would've liked to see a little force of action. (That's just me wanting to see another fight.)

[COLOR=#656446]Meh, I thought [spoiler]Kuchiki and Zaraki'll join Hitsugaya's advance squad the moment they came out of the gate. Short screentime (pagetime?), little dialogue...KUBO'S SUCH A GYP! Also, sending Byakuya alone would've been enough; after the two-page spread showing the two captains, the members of the 10th and 11th just sorta faded into the background. I actually forgot that Yumichika and Matsumoto were in the same room!

Ten bucks say that Ichigo will ask Urahara to bring him to Hueco Mundo in 239.[/spoiler]

[size=1][spoiler]Did anybody else notice Rukia's 2-hit "Ichigo..." combo?[/spoiler] So annoying.[/size][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=#99121c][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well I guess I can't say anything really intresting happened in this chapter, Its to bad that we [spoiler]never get to see Ishida finish his training. He's just...done, same thing with Sado, but it seems that he got a upgrade, his arm pattern designs look different than before, still no cool armor though.

Yet we get to see Urahara go witht hem to Hueco Mendo, as if that wasnt obvious. Maybe we will get to see Urahara's Bankai. [/spoiler]

I'd say more but I have homeworks to do so yeah.

PS: [spoiler] It was hilarious when Tatsuki punched Ichigo for not telling her about Inoue though, twas funny.[/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[b][size=1]So tell me how many of you were disappointed when you found out [spoiler]Urahara wasn't going to be going with Ichigo inc.[/spoiler] I thought I would finally get to see his ban kai, but perhaps it wasn't meant to be shown at the moment.

Uhh.... I didn't finish reading it either because the quality was really poor. The last few chapters I've been reading were pretty poor. Were they even done by m7?[/b][/size]

Edit: Oops. Just noticed (well not bold letters) that it said ; by Des and Low Quality......

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=#35425E]^ Yes, yes. For a while there, they sounded exactly like Ichigo and Uryuu talking. [spoiler]Maybe their acquaintance with each other is very much like their sons' "friendship" (if it could be called that), yeah?[/spoiler] In any case, I'd much rather see [spoiler]Isshin in action than Urahara. I have grown quite fond of him since The Cigar Blues 2 and with 241, looks like we're going to see more of him from here on.[/spoiler][/COLOR]

[b][size=1]^ I know where you're coming from. As much as I want to see Urahara's bankai, I'd like to see more of [spoiler]Isshin[/spoiler] in action.

In any case. It's good to see that Chad and Ishida are fighting once again, but at the moment, I'm actually quite bored with those 2 for some reason. They're not really doing much that's really impressing IMO. (But I know, save the best for last.) I don't know why, but I liked them much better during the SS arc more so than now. (I know it's just me.)

Maybe it's because I've grown fond of seeing shinigami's fight it out, or seeing [spoiler]Ichigo fight with his mask[/spoiler]... "shrugs". Chapter 243 wasn't too bad though, I just found it a little boring even though it's an action chapter.[/b][/size]