OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

• 5 months later...

I just powered through all 621 chapters of Naruto since I couldn't remember where I left off the last time I was into the series.

It's nice to see the 4 Hokages and all that, but Hokage #1 has a much different personality than when he showed up at the Chuunin exam arc. One could argue that Orochimaru had wiped his personality, but that didn't seem to be the case when I went back to take a look at it.

Gotta say, you're not who I was expecting to revive this thread lol.

Yes, the 1st Hokage's personality is a lot different from what I thought it'd be, but at the same time, while I won't say that I don't care for his personality, I will say that it will take a bit for it to grow onto me. Even though he's quite jerk-ish, I like the 2nd Hokage over the others. I can see where Danzo's personality came from through the 2nd as well.

Lots of ups and downs since I've last posted in this thread. When Madara showed up to fight Naruto and company, I thought they were screwed, but since they summoned the 10 tails I've been bored with this war. I think I'd rather see Madara do more clones and put Naruto and gang in the same situation that he put the 5-kages in. I know it's repeating a little bit, but I'd like to see how they would get out of battling so many Madara's along with Susano.

And then there's Neji's death (I suppose? I know they said he's dead, but after so many plot no jutsu's I don't trust it anymore). Had Kishi focused more on his character than Shikamaru (at least given him the same amount of attention), I think there would've been more of an impact. I mean I am glad that now some of the known characters are losing, but with it being Neji, I'm like "Okay, he's dead" No wow or anything for me (And I liked his character is part 1 of the series).

With them shifting the focus to Sasuke a little bit I must admit that I've become intrigued again. 1 thing I'm hoping for is that Orochimaru join the battle and help Madara (because the villain's are far more enjoyable in this than the heroes, plus I'm playing devil's advocate) because I just want to see everyone's face when they have to face the 4 previous Hokages with Orochimaru, which I think he's giving himself very little credit because I don't think Sasuke could fight him with the 4 Hokages. But, yeah, I don't know why I just want to see the heroes in this situation put in the worst situation ever lol.

Gotta say, you're not who I was expecting to revive this thread lol.

And then there's Neji's death (I suppose? I know they said he's dead, but after so many plot no jutsu's I don't trust it anymore). Had Kishi focused more on his character than Shikamaru (at least given him the same amount of attention), I think there would've been more of an impact. I mean I am glad that now some of the known characters are losing, but with it being Neji, I'm like "Okay, he's dead" No wow or anything for me (And I liked his character is part 1 of the series).

I can understand that! XD

But yeah, Neji's 'maybe' death didn't really affect me much. It came out of nowhere with absolutely no focus on him in more recent previous chapters. Heck, I think he may have died in the same chapter he finally showed up in. 

Only the Neji fangirls cry tonight.