OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]From what I've gathered it seems Tobi is involved in Madara's plan, as likely was Nagato to some extent. I doubt Tobi is Tobirama given he's already had his soul summoned and sealed, which would make Tobi being him impossible logically.Likewise Madara seemed to state he was expecting to be brought back via Nagato's Rinnegan powers as opposed to Tobirama's Impure World Resurrection. [/size][/font]

Guest Adellwu78
[color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif][size=2]I've been anticipating this chapter and when i got home i didn't see it. Chapter 559 and 560 were awesome! and i was waiting for 561 but it wasn't their. Sometimes shonen jump pisses me off! Does anyone know were it is? Or when it will come out?[/size][/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
A good chapter with Naruto in it? Kishi pulled a miracle. Finally, Tsunade basically telling Naruto to get his *** outta there, not to mention she's not relying on him. To see Naruto run straight into Tobi was quite a bit of a shocker too. Overall, this chapter was great all around.

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Pretty cool chapter this week (barring the utter trolling that ended the previous chapter). I have to admit I'm far more interesting in seeing more about Tobi than I am the Jinchuuriki Royal Rumble, though I get the feeling we're also going to see the Kyuubi take a more active role in the coming fight. I actually get the distinct feeling Bee and Naruto may lose this one, given to advance the plot to the next logical stage Tobi/Madara has to actually capture and extract all 9 Bijuu unless Naruto somehow takes them into himself in order to repeat the sealing technique of the Rikudo Sage (although the former may precede the latter and lead directly into it). [/size][/font]

Agreed. Tobi revealing who he is takes precedence over everything else. I mean seeing the previous jinchuuriki in action, well, so far it hasn't really struck an interest, but it'll be nice to see more of what they're capable of, and then the Kage showdown with Madara is great (I'd much rather see that than watch more Rasengan nonsense), but Tobi really is the only interesting villain left.

I don't know if I see Naruto losing this fight. In a way I can, but seeing how we still have Sasuke vs Naruto, I don't know. Say Tobi do win, will Sasuke turn on Tobi? Then again, as much as I'd love to see Naruto lose, that would bring up perhaps some interesting moments/questions.

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]The problem for me is that they aren't even really the previous Jinchuuriki, they're the Six Paths (which we've seen twice within the last 10/12 chapters) with the Jin's powers and none of their personalities. Sure some of them we saw bits of before but frankly I'm getting tired of Kishi and his doujutsu wank. [/size][/font]

• 3 weeks later...
Howdy.

Anyone else notice how this war has been basically a humongous ninja group theory session? Also, I have a complete distaste for Kishimoto's eye boner. The greatest offense being implanting them in the freakin' Jinchuuriki.

I MEAN REALLY?

I've been enjoying Naruto himself wrecking shop across the battlefield simultaneously, though. His little combo with Gaara was totally rad. But him + Bee + Kakashi + Gai makes for some awesome times. I'm really worried Bee's gonna die, though.. ; -;

[font="Tahoma"]Eh didn't much care for this one to be honest. Bijuu having their own names to go along with their individual identities makes some level of sense but the Yonbi being Son Goku is a little weird given Enma already covered pretty much that whole concept, unless Yonbi somehow spawned the monkey/ape summon clan that Enma is a part of. Equally the way Goku talks makes it sound as if they've always had their own names and personalities, and that if the collective Shinobi community had just tried communicating with them things would've gone much more smoothly than the reality of "We're essentially spirit shards of the most powerful and evil entity ever and our very natures push us towards being chaotic destructive forces of nature at the best of times". Unless Kishi has pulled a retcon on us we know that Bijuu only develop personalities outside of "Hate, kill, destroy!" when their chakra is controlled/purified the way Bee did with the Hachibi. If Bee and Hachibi have been so tight for so long why are we only learned now that Bijuu have their own names. I'm also convinced Talk no Jutsu is actually "That Jutsu" if Naruto is going to be able to use it on Bijuu.

Hopefully things will be clarified in the next few weeks, seeing as Jump is on a break but this one was a bit lame for me.[/font] Edited by Gavin

• 2 months later...
Considering the previous chapter was probably one of the best chapters I've read so far during this whole war even though it was a setup chapter, the latest chapter was a complete 180. Straight up boring. It's no secret I'm a fan of Itachi and the sharingan, but for a chapter with him in it, there was nothing interesting in this chapter. All I can really say is that I hope the next chapter will be better than this one.

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Eh, I'm still a bit leery on Dragon Sage Mode, if only because I really dislike the idea of all three Sannin having had their own versions of it. The proliferation of "ultimate techniques" like SM/MS/EMS/Mokuton/Rinnegan to different characters diminishes their originality in the name of giving subsequent users a wow factor. I didn't want Kabuto to get obliterated by the Uchiha brothers by any regard but this was a step in the wrong direction.[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][b][Edit][/b] Oh, and Karen being an Uzumaki, that **** was lame. Next Gaara and Mei will turn out to be Uzumaki and Sakura is a half-breed.[/font] Edited by Gavin

"Sigh" So apparently Itachi and Sasuke went on a boar hunting mission together... Yeah, I'm not convinced about that, at least not yet anyway.

And then Sasuke's whole demeanor right now. Uh, what happened to that darkness that supposedly made him want to wage war against the leaf village? With the way Sasuke's acting I don't see the point in him and Naruto fighting. Unless Itachi tells him something that really makes him go ballistic I just don't see a point. He's definately not looking like someone who just said the hell with everything and everyone.

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Yeah I'm really not impressed with the recent chapters featuring the brothers and Sasuke's massive personality shift. I get that he might be a bit calmer around Itachi but that last chapter featured him being downright normal. Maybe this is supposed to signify just how much of a sociopath/psychopath Sasuke has become given how normal he can act around people he likes vs the sadism he showed to people he doesn't care about/hates. [/font]

• 3 weeks later...
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Got to admit, I really enjoyed this week's chapter. Kabuto's flashbacks were downright eerie (and I didn't think Orochimaru could become any creepier but there you go) and quite sad. I'm left to wonder if Kabuto's current goal of surpassing Orochimaru is based around the goal of stripping any legacy and identity Orochimaru might leave behind, the same way Orochimaru took Kabuto's.[/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]And yet again Danzo proves to have been as bit a detriment to Konoha's safety than pretty much every villain who ever took issue with the village. Seriously what was Sarutobi doing during all of this, the man is looking like the most incompetent, incapable Hokage who ever lived and it's a miracle Naruto didn't turn out to be a monster.[/font]

• 3 weeks later...
So Izanami is a never-ending loop of Tsukuyomi? At least that's what I'm getting from it. As much as I like Itachi, I really wasn't feeling this fight, and while I don't think this is the end of Kabuto, I am hoping he's done for. I'd much rather see the 5 Kages fight Madara at the moment.

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Apparently, although to be honest based on what was revealed this week it's a seriously weird technique. I can sort of understand why it was created, but given Inazagi costs the user one eye for using it what exact circumstances would lead to it been necessary to create. At max someone suffering from the "arrogance" Itachi described would be able to use the technique twice, after which they'd be completely blind. The only reason the tech was even mildly viable for Danzo or Tobi is because they've got a shed-load of spare 3-tomoe Sharingan at their disposal and the Senju DNA to enhance the technique.[/font]

• 1 month later...
It's no secret that Itachi is my favorite character. It's no secret that I like the Uchiha clan. As a matter of fact this chapter made me respect Itachi even more now, and this sort of contradicts my comment about not wanting to see the brothers vs Kabuto. I still don't care about Kabuto one bit, but for someone that've surpassed Orochimaru (granted I never believed Orochimaru could ever fight Itachi) and even acquired his own sage mode, I was expecting a little more from this fight.

Now, Madara on the otherhand. OMG, this guy gives broken a new definition, even moreso than Aizen, and I'm liking it, because he's living up to his legendary status.

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Yeah, I'm really hoping Kishi doesn't do an asspull to justify Tsunade and the Kages (or God forbid Tsunade on her own) defeating and sealing Madara when he's been pretty much toying with them since the fight started. [/font]

Kind of a teaser chapter for me. While I find that the appearance of what's their names pointless (Sasuke pretty much said it best. "What could they want with him?"). They're not their to fight him, although, I suppose they don't know what he did to Karen (she had it coming), but I don't think they care either. But still, they're a waste of space at this time. But I would like to know what that scroll said, and now Sasuke wants to see Orochimaru. I was under the impression that he was sealed in a dream-like world by Itachi?

Naruto had the right idea, I guess, because I definately want to see what's behind the mask, but taunting him won't do anything.

And for a moment I thought Sasuke was gonna say I need to see Madara.. I was gonna die laughing.

• 1 month later...
[spoiler]This is based on the Chinese translation of the above Japanese text, which may or may not be fully accurate. Enjoy, nonetheless!

The torn sleeve of the damaged arm of the masked man slowly flutters to the ground.

Gai: This guy...has just one ninjutsu?
Kakashi: Right.
[url="http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showwiki.php?title=Naruto"][u][color="#0000ff"]Naruto[/color][/u][/url]: Although I don't really get it, we finally landed a blow on the guy!
Gai: When it comes to analytical ability, there's no one who surpasses you, Kakashi. So please explain that guy's ninjitsu in simple language. Our battle tactics will greatly change once we understand how his ninjitsu works, compared to before when we didn't.
Kakashi: The way this ninjitsu works really is quite simple, so listen up!

597: The Secret of the Time/Space Jutsu!

The truth about the jutsu?!

Kakashi: It's the same as the absorption jutsu...his 'slipping' jutsu is the exact same type of time/space jutsu.
Kai: What do you mean? How can you be so sure of that?
Naruto: ?
Kakashi: I'll explain in sequence. First, the damage to that guy's mask. That damage was caused by my Raiton kunai. I was fairly confident of that, and the damage his left arm took from the Rasengan sealed the deal in my mind. The thing in common with both of the wounds is that he began to warp himself away only once Naruto made some sort of physical contact with him. Additionally...there's something special about both of these wounds. They were both made when the Raiton kunai and the Rasengan were warped away by the power of my Kamui.
Gai: ...! (Chinese translator: I totally don't understand Kakashi's explanation - sadface - I'll keep translating).
Naruto: ?
Kakashi: That is to say, from this we can tell that this guy's warping ninjutsu...is connected to my Kamui somehow.
Gai: Wait wait...wait! What's going on here? How is it possible that your dojutsu is connected somehow to this guy's dojutsu? (Chinese translator: Is it actually Obito?! -sadface-)
Killer B: Can it be that all space/time ninjutsu are linked together in some way?!
Kakashi: No...I'm afraid that's not the case. Just his and mine. (Chinese translator: OMG, it's really Obito O.O. It's getting more and more Obito.)
Masked Man: ....
Naruto: What's going on?
Kakashi: It appeared as though your attack slipped through him, but in reality, the point of contact on that guy's body simply warped out to another dimension. In other words, instead of describing your fist as 'passing through' that guy's shoulder, it's more accurate to describe it as not even being in the same dimension, as it was warped to another dimension.
Kakashi: But it was still substantial and real. At about the same time, I warped away my Raiton kunai using Kamui, which I had thrown at his side just as he was attempting to grab you. Then, as my kunai entered the other dimension, it left a mark on his mask.
Naruto: So it was the same with my Rasengan?
Kakashi: Yes.
Naruto: So that's how it is.
Killer B: But...why would it be linked to that guy's jutsu?
Kakashi: Where did you get that eye from?
Masked man: Where I got it from? Well...if you insist on asking, I got it during the battle at Kannabi Bridge...at around the time when you began to be known as the Ninja of the Copying Eye.
Kakashi: !!!! ...you....
Masked man: It should've already been said! Simply put! You who are capable of nothing more than unfulfilled promises no longer has any worth or value! Even if you have regrets, it is too late! Reality will continue to callously march forward! You who have always been pragmatic and practical should understand. No promises or hopes will ever come true in this world! And that is precisely why this world must go to sleep underneath the eye of the Infinite Tsukyumoni. It will create a world where heroes will no longer have to make excuses in front of the tomb of dead heroes.
Kakashi: Hahaha!
Gai: Hey! Kakashi, are you alright?
Gai: !
Naruto: You bastard, what are you rambling about? We have already told you as well! The will of fire will never be released! We have been entrusted with many precious things as well!
Kyuubi: ....
Gai: Naruto!
Killer B: Yup.
Masked man: Hmph...entrusted with many things...but Naruto...if you looked down on and despised that which Jiraiya and the Yondaime entrusted you with, how would they think of you?

Flashback

Naruto and Jiraiya, in front of the Shrine:
If I can't find the answer, then I'll entrust you with the question...I am so happy to have taken you on as my student!

Yondaime: You must find the answer for yourself! I don't know it either, but you should be able to find it. I believe in you!

Flashback ends.

Masked man: If you fail in that which you were entrusted with...how would you view yourself?
Naruto: ....
Masked man: Even if you use words like 'hope' to delay having to face it...the empty, pitiless reality awaits. Both the entruster and entrustee are rendered empty.
Kyuubi: ...

Flashback

Yondaime: I sealed half of the Kyuubi's chakra into your body because I have faith that you will be able to fully control it, as you are my son.

Flashback ends

Kyuubi: Naruto...let me take over! I have some words that I absolutely must say to that fellow.

Naruto: !

Kyuubi-Naruto: Sorry...this fellow was entrapped by that fellow's words and schemes.
Gai: ...Kyuubi?!
Kakashi: !
Masked man: ....
Kyuubi: I, who was entrusted to Naruto by Yondaime...Naruto has treated me as a friend, and now totally has full reign over my chakra!
Naruto: !
Kyuubi: Yondaime sealed me into Naruto's body, with the intention of using my chakra to defeat you!
Naruto faintly smiles.
Kyuubi: Let's go...Naruto! Failure and despair, you won't accept either of them!
Naruto (Kyuubi-form): O-o-o-!

Totally defeated! Is this destiny?[/spoiler]

Err.... Bull####

• 2 weeks later...
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Vindication that Tobito has been all but confirmed aside, I have to admit I've got quite bored of this whole arc. For a war that required all the Hidden Villages and the Samurai to team up, and then introducing fairly hyped enemies against them it's been spectacularly one-sided in their favour.[/font]

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't pissed off at the whole Tobi = Obito outcome. And I seem to recall stating something along the lines of if that were true then I'm done with this series. I won't say I'm done yet, mainly because I want to see the reasoning behind it. If it turns out that he's doing this out of jealously then I'm done.

So now that Obito's alive (Apparently, boulders are too weak to kill) there's definately a lot of questions that need to be answered. Was that actually Madara or Obito back in Kushina's flashback? If Obito, how? That's some big a$$ growth spurt he got over Kakashi and Gai. Unfortunately I don't care to know these answers anymore since my interest in this series is deteriorating fairly quick.

(Here I come Psyren)

I can understand people having issues with the timeline, there are certainly questions which need answering with regard to how Obito has been "Tobi" for so long. I've seen theories that Obito may have some degree of time-control but I'm willing to just wait and see where Kishi goes with it.

You read Eyeshield 21 by any chance? Finished it a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it.