OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Well Tsunade was useless as usual "Raikage you can't go making personal decisions but when I do it it'll be perfectly fine because I'm supporting our plot-shielded idiot protagonist". By far the most useless of the Sannin and the Hokages so far. I still don't see why he took the Hokage of all of them with him, she was obviously going to support Naruto eventually.

As for base B turning out to being stronger than A, I'm calling BS on that right now. B was completely outclassed by Kisame, Naruto practically one-hit KOed him in his Kyuubi form and the Raikage is clearly even stronger than Naruto. Either B seriously held back against Kisame or Kishi has once again pulled a retcon to justify more of his BS PnoJing. It even brings into question why B didn't completely massacre Sasuke's team when he fought them originally. I guess this is being done just so full-powered Naruto in Kyuubi form doesn't seem completely out of left field when he destroys all the other Edos in one blitz attack which makes Hiraishin look like a Akamachi climbing a mountain. Lord only knows how hax Sauce will be when he returns.

Naruto beating Madara by himself as he is now is a joke, but I suspect fairly soon he'll be strong enough to do it. I fully expect Sasuke to backstab him first though.[/size][/font]

New Chapter.

The last page really stole this chapter for me.

I want to like this chapter, but this whole "savior" or "reliance on 1 character" really bothers me quite a bit. I get it, Naruto's the star of the show, but shoving all these characters aside just so 1 guy can take on the big boss, come on. I've hated that kind of thing since DBZ (as well as having idiots for main characters) and it's really become tedious now. (I need a series where everyone is competant enough to take down the big boss)

Anyway, back to the last page. I'm definately curious on what kind of abilities these folks have, and then part of me is wishing that Gaara stayed dead just for this moment Edited by Magus

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]*Sighs* Talk no Jutsu successful. :whatever:

Vaguely better chapter but I still dislike the shilling of Naruto and his parents (seriously, haloes around them now Kishi? Is that not a bit much?) as being continuously right about everything. A's stance was somewhat extreme but rooted in logic, Naruto's is based purely on his own arrogant assumption that the prophecy and his parent's faith in him is unassailable. He's practically got a full on Messiah complex now. That said this chapter made me realise yet again what a shitty godfather Jiraiya was (oh, my godson is an orphan now, sod it I'll go whoring and boozing for years before showing up for almost completely unrelated reasons instead of taking care of him) and how Hiruzen and Kakashi both dropped the ball as well with regard to him as well (ah, he'll be fine if left to his own devices with no idea who he is or why people hate him). Lord knows trained properly, with his level of development he'd have made the Uchiha look like a collective joke.[/size][/font]

• 3 weeks later...
"You of all people have friends" LOL.

If Kabuto don't take over their souls or whatever I'd say this fight with Gaara and his father is just about done. Kinda sucks because I'd like to see that one drawn out a bit just to see more of what his father is capable of. Pretty good chapter (better than the ones Naruto have been in recently).

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Meh I wasn't so big on this chapter, some laughs especially from 2nd Mizukage (we need to see more of that dude) but I really wish the Edos acted more similarly to the ones from the Chuunin Arc where they could talk but there was fighting as well. Definitely want to see more of them than just "Sand no Jutsu finish".

Also, Gaara's dad is also a dick, plain and simple.[/size][/font]

• 1 month later...
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]You're not the only one, after all the hype of "Full Kyuubi Power Mode", Kishi somehow managed to push him down to the level of complete fodder (along with Bee) for that fight. I'm actually ridiculously pleased that Itachi called him out for trying to shoulder everything, which I've been saying for ages, and it's just a pity we won't see Itachi again until his fight with Kabuto.[/size][/font]

It's about time Sasuke made an appearance. Hopefully this starts to ramp things up again because I found Naruto's arrival to be very annoying, not to mention, more Rasengan shenanigans. That's one of the main reasons why I've become bored with this series.

That may be true, but what I've been seeing so far has been nothing but boring stuff. No name characters getting done in and then puppets getting done in by folks who shouldn't be able to fight them in the first place. The only interesting part of this war was the very beginning up to Kakashi vs the 7 swordsmen. I'm not a fan of Sasuke by any means, but I am entertained more when he has screen time?

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Well I suppose we should at least be able to move on to the next stage of the arc now that the two main hitters are out in action. I agree though that the entertainment quality of things has been down for quite a while, really Itachi and E were the only vaguely interesting characters in the last while.[/size][/font]

• 1 month later...
This war just took a turn for the worst now (for me). When this war started we had competent ninja's on the field. Now it's seems like the only competent one that's left is Gaara (don't know how Kakashi's holding up). Everyone else has to wait and rely on Naruto... The Raikage needs to be on the field or something.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Yeah, for me most of the entertainment factor in Naruto disappeared a while back. Honestly while the whole Zetsu shapeshifter army is a great strategic movie it's quite poor from a story point of view when it relies entirely on one character to be able to defeat them. Having introduced a lot of interesting characters from outside Konoha, I wish he'd spend a bit more time focusing on them and how badass they are.[/size][/font]

It's funny, I was considering dropping this series and then a new mystery appears. Well, an old one resurfaces and rears its ugly head. That means I have to put up with more Tobi = Obito garbage... >_>

Anyway, I didn't think the chapter was good, but I that is quite the twist. It's safe to assume that's what Kabuto showed Tobi.

Now to play more guessing games (reading stupid theories) about Tobi's identity.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Bwahahaha. I've never completely lost faith in that theory so I'm just going to sit smugly for the time being. Seriously though, I hope there is a good explanation for Tobi's true identity like he's really Izuna as opposed to say, he's a clone of Madara and attempting to make himself the real deal. [/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Yeah that's the one.

Talk about fate, I was rereading the chapter and just as I got to second last page with Madara standing with his arms crossed on the cliff Sengoku Basara 2's "This is a Fight to Change the World" starts playing, sent shivers down my spine haha.[/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Indeed, no offence to Hinata but the "You can tell its him from his eyes" argument doesn't really work when you're fighting enemies who can create physically identical clones. Now saying it has to be Naruto because he rushed into them Leroy Jenkins style would probably hold more water.

Sucks as well that they've already off-pannelled half of the Edo 7 Swordsmen, after having so many hints about them dropped over for so long it feels like such lazy writing to just go "Lawls here's Naruto pwning Zetsu fodder instead kthnxbailolbleachsux!". I just hope Dan and Hizashi actually get proper fights, but now that Madara has arrived I fully expect them to be off-pannelled too.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' timestamp='1319031782' post='709979']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Well that was...interesting. I know Kishi loves his Uchiha and Madara is a pretty cool guy but seriously, that was a little much.[/size][/font]
[/quote]
Would you say it was... [size="7"][b]OVERWHELMING?!?![/b][/size]

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]Haha, in all seriousness I did enjoy this issue. I'm rather curious as to how [spoiler]Sharingan evolves into the Rinnegan[/spoiler]. Perhaps you have to murder your Uncle? Who knows? All I know is Madara may or may not be responsible for wiping out the dinosaurs.[/font][/color]

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1319092664' post='709988']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]So guys, is this series still reading like a bad fanfiction of itself?

Because I'm almost willing to torture myself with it again.[/font]
[/quote]

I suppose this is picking up steam again, but for the most part I'd say it's a snooze fest until this chapter.

Speaking of which, really, how overpowered can one get? Hashirama must've been a beast.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][quote name='Happy' timestamp='1319079115' post='709986']
Would you say it was... [size="7"][b]OVERWHELMING?!?![/b][/size]

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]Haha, in all seriousness I did enjoy this issue. I'm rather curious as to how [spoiler]Sharingan evolves into the Rinnegan[/spoiler]. Perhaps you have to murder your Uncle? Who knows? All I know is Madara may or may not be responsible for wiping out the dinosaurs.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Haha maybe, I was hoping we'd see a bit more of Madara's legendary Sharingan but given he was still able to use Susanoo and probably the other Sharingan techniques it'll probably still be a decent fight. Rinnegan just feels overused at the minute, I fully expect Sasuke to eventually get a set.

I imagine we'll find out next week, or hopefully soon. Probably again comes from some kind of psychological reaction to something.

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1319092664' post='709988'][font="Comic Sans MS"]So guys, is this series still reading like a bad fanfiction of itself?

Because I'm almost willing to torture myself with it again.[/font][/quote]

Depends on your definition of bad, but yeah, it's definitely still reading like fanfiction.

[quote name='Magus' timestamp='1319223103' post='710000']Speaking of which, really, how overpowered can one get? Hashirama must've been a beast.[/quote]

Well remember that he didn't have the Rinnegan when he fought Hashirama at VOTE, given that we now know he survived, unlocked the Rinnegan and then passed the eyes to Nagato before he finally did die. I fully expect that Hashirama was a beast, considering he beat Madara Prime and the Kyuubi alone at VOTE but sadly we'll never see him again unless it's a flashback.

What I'm more curious about now though is that if we're to assume the Rinnegan is essentially the most evolved form of the Sharingan possible and therefore purely the legacy of the Rikudo's Elder Son, does that mean that Mokuton is likewise the peak form of the Rikudo's Younger Son's abilities (the "body" as opposed to the "eyes"). Plants are already bursting into bloom around Naruto (although supposedly that's more to do with the Kyuubi's chakra which I am beginning to question) and we know the Uzumaki who are famed for their vitality and longevity are both related to the Senju and descended from the Younger Son. Certainly it's bad fanfiction enough to possibly happen.[/size][/font]