OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[quote name='Beretta' date='20 August 2010 - 04:23 AM' timestamp='1282274580' post='699630']
Outside of Hachibi, I'll never come to like idiots. Unless they're like Mugen.
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Obviously you lack the sheer GAR required to appreciate Gai, such a shame.[/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]As I said, Gai > All.

The sheer GAR unleashed by that chapter was pretty epic. I was never a huge Kisame fan but I have to admit it made him quite a bit more interesting than before.[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Playing catch-up, forgive me if it's already been brought up.

So a host's seal is weakest immediately after childbirth. This has been established as the case, and everyone clearly knew about it beforehand.

SO WHY DID THEY SEAL KYUUBI IN A WOMAN?

Wake up, Konoha. Turns out there's about half the world's population out there who happen not to have that pesky uterus thing. I'm sure you can find someone out of 1 billion human males who has enough chakra to contain this guy without that stupid side-effect where babies sometimes pop out of 'em. The entire series could have been prevented with just the slightest bit of forethought on the Third's part.

Oh, and I suppose I should give an almighty HELL YEAH over the whole Gai kicking all 8 gates' worth of ass and whatnot.[/font] Edited by NeedMoarRope

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Given the number of female hosts to males is still skewed towards male I'd make a guess that the Uzumaki's special chakra for suppressing the Kyuubi appeared more commonly in their women than in their men, which is why both Kushina and Mito were chosen where as Naruto just happened to be there and his father gambled he'd have a similar level of resistance. Given the Kyuubi at half power seems to be even more powerful than the fully-intact Hachibi I'd guess it requires a special host which means putting up their inconveniences like pregnancy.

Of course this is Kishi so I may be just giving a rational explanation to something he doesn't care about.[/size][/font]

[quote]Full Translation
508 How a shinobi dies

[spoiler]Kisame lets out a shout as he removes the restraining device and uses the Mizurou no Jutsu (water prison)

Everyone is flustered
Within the water prison, Kisame does a Kuchiyose but is beginning to lose consciousness.

From here, it's a flashback to when Kisame first met Itachi

Kisame: (It's just as you said, Itachi-san)
From today onwards, I'm the one who's going to be teamed with you. Once a Kirigakure (hidden mist) Seven Ninja Swordsman
Hoshigaki Kisame... Pleased to make your acquaintance.

Itachi listens silently

In spite of this, Kisame continues smoothly: The feeling of having killed your kinsmen isn't quite something you can put in words, now is it~

Itachi: You've done your homework, haven't you. I can tell you intend to understand me better, but how about yourself?
Coming here after getting lost in the mist... You're just a thug who hasn't decided where he wants to go. Am I wrong?

Kisame props Samehada on Itachi's shoulder
Kisame: Let me tell you something nice. This applies to the shark species too~~~
Sharks eat each other while in their mothers' stomachs. They kill their comrades. Henceforth, you are my comrade within Akatsuki. Please be on your guard. To me...

Itachi's eyes are in Mangekyou-mode: Right back at you...

Kisame unsheaths Samehada: Let's get along with each other so we won't end up as each other's final opponent.

Itachi: Be prepared with the knowledge that the one person who got along with me, died a worthy death

Kisame: In that case, that means neither of us are worthy humans, doesn't it?

Itachi: No, we are not fish. We are humans. We do not know what kind of human we are until we taste our last.
We are made to realise what we are at the time of our death. Don't you think death is like that?

Back to the present time.
The shark that was Kuchiyose-d is on a rampage.

Kisame: (Itachi-san, it seems that I really am... Not a worthless human, huh?)

The Kuchiyose-d shark eats Kisame.

Everyone is dumbfounded

Aoba: He was very much weakened. That was the path he tread knowing he couldn't escape from us.
Yamato: To think that this was the way the mysterious individual Hoshigaki Kisame died...
Bee's friend: Is he really dead?
Samehada seems lonely
Bee pets Samehada
Naruto: But, he did it because he didn't want to give any information on his comrades to us, his enemies. Think about Nagato. Even within Akatsuki, there are people who act with their comrades in mind (dattebayo!)
Guy: (placing a hand on Naruto's shoulder) He was remarkable, although he was an enemy! A shinobi's way of life is determined by the way he dies!
Hoshigaki Kisame, I will never forget you for as long as I live!

A seal is performed to validate the scroll containing the information. The booby trap is set off. A bunch of sharks appear.
One of them holds the scroll in his mouth and heads to sea.

Rain is falling in Amegakure (hidden rain)
Madara sits on a rock by the water: Rinnegan... It looks like you aren't going to obediently tell me where you hid Nagato.

Konan: I knew you would come to me. I've been waiting... To kill you

Madara: You won't go easy on me just because we were once comrades... Great.[/spoiler][/quote]

Interesting... That's all I can really say at the moment.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Yup. And naturally of course despite Gai beating Kisame for the scroll, [spoiler]said ******* scroll will get to Madara anyway.[/spoiler] >_<

Kishi please stop this kind of ****, it's dull as hell. We know you love your Uchiha characters but this is just lame.[/size][/font]

[quote name='NeedMoarRope' date='02 September 2010 - 08:44 AM' timestamp='1283413452' post='700139']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Whoa, hold on guys. We're missing the headline news here.

It looks almost as if a woman is about to do something interesting in [b]Naruto[/b].[/font]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Psh, only thing we're going to see for Konan is her Sammich no Jutsu.[/size][/font]

[quote name='NeedMoarRope' date='02 September 2010 - 03:44 AM' timestamp='1283413452' post='700139']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Whoa, hold on guys. We're missing the headline news here.

It looks almost as if a woman is about to do something interesting in [b]Naruto[/b].[/font]
[/quote]

Interesting? Howso? Personally, I don't think she's capable of doing anything to be able to touch Madara. However, I will admit that I liked her more than majority of the other females in this series (except Samui and Mizukage... "coughs") Edited by Phenom

Are we all in agreement that Kisame is hardcore? Dude just let himself get eaten alive and exploded into a bubble of blood... like a zit made of guts or something lol. I was hoping the intel would get back to Madara undetected tbh because now it's a case of 'we know you know'. Like, if the scroll Gai grabbed was a decoy. Or if Kisame actually failed, but then due to no intel Madara assumes the worst and has Kabuto edo-tensei him and get the drop on the alliance in that way. Naruto and co. can probably hide somewhere else, but perhaps it's too late to change strategic plans between the [s]5 and Iron[/s] 6 nations for the most part?

RIP Kisame, your 'snitches get stitches' nindo will live on in um.. the heart of Gai. Edited by #326

[quote name='#326' date='02 September 2010 - 08:02 AM' timestamp='1283428959' post='700146']
Are we all in agreement that Kisame is hardcore? Dude just let himself get eaten alive and exploded into a bubble of blood... like a zit made of guts or something lol. I was hoping the intel would get back to Madara undetected tbh because now it's a case of 'we know you know'. Like, if the scroll Gai grabbed was a decoy. Or if Kisame actually failed, but then due to no intel Madara assumes the worst and has Kabuto edo-tensei him and get the drop on the alliance in that way. Naruto and co. can probably hide somewhere else, but perhaps it's too late to change strategic plans between the [s]5 and Iron[/s] 6 nations for the most part?
[/quote]

Yessir. Jiraya went out in a similar faction and it ultimately made me respect him. While I've always liked and respected Kisame, he losing a lot of steam for me, but his end pushed him back up there for good characters.... If that made any sense at all.

[quote name='#326' date='03 September 2010 - 07:34 AM' timestamp='1283495673' post='700195']
I just realised we have a possible Naruto paradox in our hands next week. If Madara is fail incarnate, and Konan is female.. who ultimately gets trolled by Kishi? Discuss.
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]The readers. >_> [/size][/font]

[spoiler]å¹³å??へのæ?¶ã?æ©?
ã?³ã??ã?³ã«è£å??っã?ç?ç?±ã??きくã??ã??ã?©ã??ã??ã?«ã??にそã?まで価å?¤ã?ã?ã??のã?ととç¶?ã?ã??
彼はå??だã?ã??ã?ã¿ã??なå¸?æ??のè?±ã??æ?ã¦ã??とã??ã??ã?©ã«æ?µæ?ã??å?ã?ã??ã?³ã??ã?³
俺とæ?¦ã?のにまだその衣ã??きてã??とはまだæ?ªç·´ã?ã?ã??とみã?ã??とã??ã??ã?©
æ?ã¯å¼¥å½¦ã®ã¤ãã£ã?çµ?ç¹?ã?ã?の衣の赤きé?²ã¯é?¨é? ã??にè¡?のé?¨ã??é?ã??ã?ã?æ?¦äº?の象徴ã?
ã?¢ã??ã?¿ã?æ?ã«ä¹?っã?だã?でã?ã?の衣は私ã?ちの正義でã?なã?のã??のではなã?とã?³ã??ã?³ã??
輪廻ç?¼ã¯é?¨é? ã??のé?·é??ã?é??ç?¼ã?ã?ã??のã?ã?ã??ã??ã?なã?のã??のではなã?ã?å½¼ã®ç?®ã¯ã?のå?½ã®ã?é??の宝だとつづã?ã??ã?³ã??ã?³
ç´?æ??裏å?£ã??ä½?にé??é?ã?ã?なã?ã??æ??å¾?だã?ã??æ??ã?てã??ã??とã??ã??ã?©ã??
æ?ã??弥彦にç«?ちä¸?ã?ã??ã??ã?にä»?å?ã?ã?のは俺ã?è¼ªå»»ç?¼ã??é?·é??にä¸?ã?ã?のã??俺だã?ã ã?ã??è¿?ã?てã??ã??ã?とã?っã?ほã?ã?æ­£ã?ã?ã?とã??ã??ã?©ã??
ã?å?ã??æ?ã??ã?ã?ã?ã?ã??ばどã?にでã??なã??とæ?¦é??ã??é??å§?ã?ã??äº?人ã??
æ??æ?°ã®å¤?ã?ç´?のæ?»æ??でæ?»ã?å®?ä½?å??ã?ã??ã?¹ã?­ã??é??ã?ã?なã?ã?³ã??ã?³ã??
ä½?ã?ç­?ã??練ってã?ã??のにæ°?ä»?ã?てã?ã??ã??ã??ã?©ã¯ãã®å?è² ã«ä¹?ã??ã?ã?ã?£ã?³ã?¹ã??みてã?³ã??ã?³ã??吸ã?è¾¼ã??ã?とã?ã??ã??
ã?ã?ã?ç´?の中に起ç??æ?­ã??æ··ã?てã?ã?ã?³ã??ã?³ã?è?ªå??ã??ã?ã¨ã??ã?のä¸?にé?£ã??てè¡?くつã??ã??だっã?ã??
ã?ã?でå??æ?³
æ?ç«?ちä¸?ã?ã?å½?å?ï¼?ã?¡ã?³ã?ã?¼ã?ã??ã??ã??ã?と弥彦に報å??ã?ã??ã?³ã??ã?³ã??
弥彦とé?·é??はã?±ã?¬ã??ã?てå??帯ã??å·»ã?てã?ã??ã??
弥彦ã?é?·é??ã?ã?³ã??ã?³ã®ã»ã?にã?¢ã??ã?¡ã?³ã?ã?¼ã?æ?°äººã??
å?å¾?ã?ã??偵å¯?にã?くとã?ã?é?·é??に俺ã?è¡?くã?ã??ä¼?ã?ã?ç?¡ç?ã??ã?なくてã?ã?と弥彦ã??
è¦?é?ã??ã?³ã??ã?³ã«ã?ãã??ã??ã??é?·é??のã?­ã?ºã??みてã??ってくã??と頼ã??弥彦ã??
é?·é??はæ?ã®è¦ã§ã?のä¸?ç??ã??å¤?ã?ã??ç?·ã«ãªã??ã??だã?ã??å¿?é?ã?ã??æ°?æ?ã¡å?¨ã¦é?·é??に注ã?とç¶?ã?ã??ã??
そã??はã?なã?ã??ä¸?ç·?ã?ã¿ã??なã?なã?とã?ã?人é??ã??æ??ã?つã?てきてã??ã?ãã??はä½?ã??ã??é?·é??ã??å?ã?とã?³ã??ã?³
å°?ã?é??ã??ã?ã?てã?ã??ã?ã?ã?つは平å??へのæ?¶ã?æ©?になã??ç?·ã ã?ã?ªã?¬ã®å½¹ç?®ã¯ãã®æ©?ã??æ?¯ã?ã??æ?±ã«ãªã??ã?とだとç­?ã?ã??弥彦
ã?のå?½ã¯ç?¸å¤?ã?ã??ã?æ³£ã?てã?ã??ã?æ??は泣ã?てばã?ã??のã?のå?½ã?å«?ã?だっã?ã?ä»?はæ??ってã??ã??ã?ã?ã?å¿?ã?ã??そã?æ?ã£ã¦ã??ã??泣きè?«ã ã£ã?俺に似ててほっとã?なã?ã??だとつぶã??きå?ºã?ã?ã??弥彦ã??
è¦?é?ã??ã?³ã??ã?³ã®å??にé?·é??とã?¡ã?³ã?ã?¼ã?ちã?å¹³å??のæ?¶ã?æ©?は彼だã??ã?å½¼ã®æ?æ?ãã®ã??のã?ねとã?ã?é?·é??ã??
俺ã?ちは弥彦ã??ä¿¡ã?てã??ã?è¡?くã?ç??と号令ã??ã?ã?弥彦のå¾?ã??追ã?ã??
私は弥彦とé?·é??ã?äº?つのæ?¶ã?æ©?ã??æ?¯ã?ã??æ?±ã«ãªã??とã?ã?決æ?ã®ç?¬ç?½ã§å??æ?³ã?çµ?ã?ã??ã??
ç??ç?ºã?ã?ç´?ã?å¸?ã??ã??ã?æ?£ã??ばってã?ã??ã??右æ??ã??失ã?ã?ä»®é¢ã?å?²ã??å°?ã?ã??ã??ã?©ã®é¡?ã?è¦?ã?ã??ã??
ç??くè¦?てã?ã?なã?ã?å?ã??å??æ?ã®ã?¡ã?³ã?ã?¼ã ã¨ç?®ã®å?ã®ã?³ã??ã?³ã«èª?ã??ã??そã??ほどå¤?å?·ã¯ãªã?ã??
è?ªå??ã?とç??ç?ºã?ã?ã??つã??ã??だっã?ã??ã?だã?ã?ç??ç?ºã?と吸ã?è¾¼ã??だã?ã?ã?でã?ã?ã?くã??っã?ã?ã?äº?ã?å?©ã?っã?なとã??ã??ã?©ã??
ã?å?ã®ç§?ç­?ã??çµ?ã?ã??ã?ときくã??ã??ã?©ã«ã?なã?にä¸?つå?ã?とã?³ã??ã?³ã?ã©ã?ã?てè?ªå??ã?私ã?ちに裏å??ã??ã??ã?ã?ã?ã?ã??ï¼?
ã?ぁなとç­?ã?ã??ã??ã??ã?©ã«ã?ã?¢ã??ã?¿ã¯é??ã?å??のなã?ä¸?ç??ではè?±ã¯æ?¯ã??ã??ã?ã?なã?!と叫びç§?è¡?ã??使ã?ã?³ã??ã?³ã??
æ¹?ï¼?æµ·ï¼?ã?å?¨ã¦ç´?になã??ã?ã?¢ã?¼ã?¼ã®åæ??のã??ã?にå?²ã??ã?ã??ã??ã?©ã??そã?へ落とそã?とã?ã??とã?ã?ã§æ¬¡å·
é?·é??ã??å®?ã??ç§?è¡?ã?»ã?»ã?»ã?ã?ç´?海に封ã?ã??!!
The bridge to peace

Madara listens to Konan's reasons for her betrayal (of Akatsuki). He says he didn't expect that Naruto was worth so much.
Konan says hostilely, "Because he is the light, and holds the flower of hope for everyone."
Madara: "The fact that you are still wearing those clothes (Akatsuki uniform) despite fighting me tells me that you still cling to Akatsuki."
Konan: "Akatsuki was created by Yahiko, the red clouds on their uniform symbolise the rain of blood that fell during war in Amegakure, and just because you came aboard Akatsuki, it doesn't make it yours - it's our symbol of justice"
Konan continues: "The Rinnegan was bestowed upon Nagato of Amegakure, it is not yours, but his eyes are this country's, and this village's treasure"
Madara lets Konan's paper shuriken pass through his body, "This will be the end, so I'll tell you"
"The one who induced Yahiko to set up the Akatsuki was me. The one who gave Nagato the Rinnegan was also me. That's why it's only right to ask for them to be returned to me"
The two begin their battle as Konan says that if Madara were to get his hands on it, all sorts of things would happen.
Konan doesn't let hi materialised body escape by attacking with a large number of paper attacks.
Madara notices that she has something planned and decides to take her on, trying to suck Konan up when he has a chance.
However Konan has mixed some exploding tags among the paper, intending to kill the both of them.
-flashback starts-
When Akatsuki was founded? Konan reports to Yahiko that their members have been defeated.
Yahiko and Nagato are both injured and bandaged.
There are numerous other minor members present apart from Yahiko, Nagato and Konan.
Nagato says that he will go out to recce in the afternoon, but Yahiko says "I'll go, so rest, don't strain yourself"
He continues, "Nagato is pivotal to Akatsuki and is the man who will change the world. So just give all your worries to Nagato"
Konan: "The same goes for you, everyone loves you and thus follows you, that is most important, just like with Nagato"
A while later, Yahiko responds "He is the man who will become the bridge to peace. My role is to become a pillar of support to that bridge"
Yahiko murmurs, "This country is still crying, and I now want to save this country which I once hated for always crying, that's how I feel deep down. I just can't leave this country alone because it's a crybaby just like I was," and he leaves.
Konan, Nagato and the other members see him off, Nagato says, "The one who will be the bridge to peace is him, his very purpose will form the bridge"
"We'll believe in Yahiko, let's go everyone!" he commands, before following after Yahiko.
The flashback ends with Konan's monologue of determination "I will become the pillar of support to the two bridges formed by Yahiko and Nagato"
The exploded paper and cloth are scattered about. We see a little of Madara's face as his mask has broken. He has also lost his right arm.
He says to Konan who is right before him, seemingly not with as many injuries, "I underestimated you, after all you were also once a member of Akatsuki."
"You intended to explode the both of us, but thanks to the fact that I sucked in a little of the explosion, both of us are safe"
In response to Madara's question if she's exhausted her secret plans, Konan says that she has a question for Madara. "Do you know why you were betrayed by us?"
Madara: Who knows?
Konan uses secret arts as she yells "You are darkness, a flower can only wilt in a world without light!"
The lake? sea? all becomes paper, and spreads just like the Red Sea did for Moses, and she tries to drop Madara into it... next chapter!
A secret art to protect Nagato... Seal him into a sea of paper!![/spoiler]

Hmm... I'll wait for the chapter but it also looks like I've underestimated Konan as well. But forget about that... How did Madara give Nagato the Rinnegan? That's rather fishy.

Edit:

[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/98/100908215729.jpg[/img]

Hot fudge cakes. I totally underestimated Konan. I didn't think she'd be capable of doing attacks that damaging against someone who can have attacks go through the body. Edited by Phenom

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Apparently she wasn't in Akatsuki for nothing, though I am curious about the Rinnegan/Madara connection and I swear to God I will drop this manga if it's like Bleach where absolutely everything has been planned by the main villain, especially **** he could have no way of predicting.[/size][/font]

HAH, I would've never came back to Naruto had it been for a certain someone. "coughs"

Though, I can't disagree because that would be just a bunch of BS.

So sad, both Bleach and Naruto had some of their strongest chapters in the last 2 weeks and now they're on the verge of being dropped. Edited by Phenom

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Probably just an empty threat from me, but the level of omniscience we're seeing from two of WSJ's Big Three's villains is just starting to get on my nerves. Madara is starting to become exceptionally boring to me now if he did genuinely arrange/engineer for Nagato to inherit the Rinnegan. Given Kishi loves his Uchiha there's also little likelihood that we're going to see the same kind of turnabout as we did with Ichigo/Aizen in Bleach. [/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='09 September 2010 - 03:19 AM' timestamp='1284027598' post='700354']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Probably just an empty threat from me, but the level of omniscience we're seeing from two of WSJ's Big Three's villains is just starting to get on my nerves. Madara is starting to become exceptionally boring to me now if he did genuinely arrange/engineer for Nagato to inherit the Rinnegan. Given Kishi loves his Uchiha there's also little likelihood that we're going to see the same kind of turnabout as we did with Ichigo/Aizen in Bleach. [/size][/font]
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]The other member of the Popularity Triforce is getting to have its moments with its (probably) main villain, too. The only thing that saves it is the fact that it's pretty clear that the moment **** goes south for Blackbeard, he has next to no backup plan at the moment.

If one more Uchiha is responsible for one more major plot point I will go to Sakura-Con next year and gouge out the eyes of anyone I see wearing Sharingan contacts.[/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Indeed. I don't dislike the idea of preplanning per se, just that Madara and Aizen demonstrated levels akin to prescience in some of the stuff they've done, because I have a feeling unlike Orochimaru and Yamato where the former didn't even know his plan had worked out after 60 attempts, Madara will have done it once with Nagato with certainty he'd be successful.

I mean Danzou was just a joke, Kakashi is screwed within a few minutes of using his Sharingan but Root's Big Boss can have thirteen of them along with the First's abilities implanted and go toe to toe with Sasuke ? Consistency would be lovely.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='10 September 2010 - 07:35 AM' timestamp='1284118504' post='700376']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I mean Danzou was just a joke, Kakashi is screwed within a few minutes of using his Sharingan but Root's Big Boss can have thirteen of them along with the First's abilities implanted and go toe to toe with Sasuke ? Consistency would be lovely.[/size][/font]
[/quote]
Reading it like that, it sounds as if Kakashi's the joke. One has to wonder though, considering that Orochimaru was the one that worked on Danzo, but also wanted the sharingan for himself, why the heck didn't Orochimaru just use them on himself? I know his body was crappin out on him (supposedly) but still.

The things creators make some characters go through... Really, I think Danzo, if they would've actually fought, could've dominated Orochimaru. Edited by Phenom