OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[SIZE=1]I don't think Kishi is necessarily bad at these downtime segments Magus, more so that he seems determined to show as much as possible at the same time. I would prefer we get full chapters dedicated to Konoha that actually go somewhere, rather than these split Akatsuki/Konoha ones that really start to do something and then have to wait a week to continue it.

I actually think the reason Kishi had Kabuto ally himself with Akatsuki was to actually get him out of the way for a while (although that team is still tracking him) so we may be getting a Konoha-centric focus for a while, given Sasuke is down for upgrades and Madara on his own doesn't do much. As I said I didn't like that Kabuto is throwing his lot in with Madara because I think like Oro he should've been an independent operator, sometimes an ally, sometimes an enemy, he probably will be but as it is I'm not happy.

Regarding the Second, I think we'll get bits and pieces about it rather than big story chunks like we have with the others, sort of the same way we've got info about the Fourth. The thing is the village was already established when he came to power, and he had to try to keep the peace with the Uchiha so I imagine that's where we might get more info about him. Makes me wonder if while Madara was fighting Hashirama, was Izuna fighting Tobirama. Edo Tensei would've probably been a rather handy jutsu fighting a Mangekyou.
[/SIZE]

[size=1]
This chapter completely caught me off-guard. With Kisame infiltrating the Lightning country, I'd (disappointedly) written off a Naruto/Bee training session. But I was also really happy with the possibility that perhaps Madara would puppet-run the Lightning country. Ah, guess we cant have it both ways lol (still hoping tho).

I'm also very sure Sasuke isnt who the Sage Toad was talking about in its prophecy. It's too obvious and Naruto's too much of an impatient retard. I'm betting it's gonna be Madara or whoever. Perhaps rejuvenated or something? The 'young man' seemed like it was one word too descriptive to me for it not to be suspect.

I was most definitely surprised by Kabuto's appearance cos I assumed he was in a random unimportant place. I do agree he's definitely on his own side (just like I'd prefer him to be) but I'm interested by his proposal to work with Madara. I'm sure he's still after Sasuke though. I'm kinda concerned about the implications of Edo-tensei lol. I once scared a friend with fake spoilers (after Jiraiya dies) of a zombie-Jiraiya. ..if it actually happens now, I doubt he'll believe I was BSing him at the time when he finds out lol.

Finding out the 2nd created Edo-tensei was interesting too. He seems much more Hokage-worthy to me now (and less innocent?). I was under the impression that Orochimaru stated he created the jutsu so I went back to re-read and find a contradiction but found [URL="http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/000101952/05.jpg"][b]this[/b][/URL] comment in the top right panel by the 2nd instead. Nice touch from Kishi to make that have some meaning now lol.

Also, sucks to be Kakashi lol. Even with her awake, I was still half-expecting Tsunade to hand over the reigns to him. Looking back on his plot-shield as 'Hokage candidate' now.. the dude's pretty damn lucky to have not died lol.[/size]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]I don't think Kishi is necessarily bad at these downtime segments Magus, more so that he seems determined to show as much as possible at the same time. I would prefer we get full chapters dedicated to Konoha that actually go somewhere, rather than these split Akatsuki/Konoha ones that really start to do something and then have to wait a week to continue it.
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=green]I just can't get into the downtime segments unless it either involves training or some type of debate or something of that nature (kind of like the kage summit). I'm just no fan of Naruto's "comedy". It does nothing for me. But then again Kishi does make up for it with the action.. That's one thing both Kishi and Kubo deliver on big time. No matter how disappointing the outcome may be, I still manage to be intrigued.. (with a few exceptions.. Don't want to see Choji, Kiba or puppet boy fight lol)

Edo Tensei... Gotta do some type of mixup with these names. I'm getting that confused with all those Bansho Tenin's, Chibaku ????, Shinra Tensei and all them other awesome jutsu's that Deva did. Dang that guy rocked.[/font][/color]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]This is how I prefer the downtimes to be spent. No lame attempts at comedy (especially when it's not funny to begin with).

Kabuto, the only villain that I actually hated throughout this entire series has just became perhaps the 2nd most interesting character at the moment (1 belongs to Madara). I wanna see whose in the box. People are speculating it being Madara's body, but I've heard a couple folk who thought it was his brother, and I have to say that sounds really good right now too.[/font][/color]

[SIZE=1]I figured it was Izuna myself the moment I read about it in the spoilers. We know Madara has some kind of physical body given there is actually a face behind his mask and given Edo Tensei actually resurrects the soul rather than the body it can't be him either.

I'm actually kind of intrigued at the idea of Naruto mastering the use of the Kyuubi chakra, but more so happy that Kishi seems prepared to go back and actually acknowledge that just because Naruto doesn't want to use the Kyuubi's chakra in battle any more doesn't prevent him from being a Jinchuuriki and it is time he faced up to his responsibility of being the host of the most powerful tailed beast since the Juubi.
[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]I'm more intrigued about Naruto meeting up with Bee. Kind of wondering how that's going to turn out. Give or take, I don't like Kisame's position here if he actually interfere's with the both of them. 2 Jinny's at once is a scary situation to find oneself in.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][FONT=franklin gothic medium][COLOR=darkred]I'm more intrigued about Naruto meeting up with Bee. Kind of wondering how that's going to turn out. Give or take, I don't like Kisame's position here if he actually interfere's with the both of them. 2 Jinny's at once is a scary situation to find oneself in.[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Nahh, he'll get killed by an epic Triple Lariat this time.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin']With time and training he will be, he will be.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Eww... He will never be awesome in my book.

Have anyone been keeping up with the anime? I just watched the fight between Sasuke and Bee. I thought it was awesome when reading it, but to see all of it in motion was just epic... The fights in Shippuden, as of late has been nothing short of awesome. I haven't looked at any of the fillers so I don't know how the fights are in those, although if someone told me that they're just as good as the fights in the canon stuff then I'll give them a shot. I'm anticipating Peins invasion.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][FONT=franklin gothic medium][COLOR=darkred]Have anyone been keeping up with the anime? I just watched the fight between Sasuke and Bee. I thought it was awesome when reading it, but to see all of it in motion was just epic... The fights in Shippuden, as of late has been nothing short of awesome. I haven't looked at any of the fillers so I don't know how the fights are in those, although if someone told me that they're just as good as the fights in the canon stuff then I'll give them a shot. I'm anticipating Peins invasion.[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1]I tend to only watch the big fights, Itachi/Sasuke, Jiraiya/Pain, Sasuke/Bee and soon Pain/Naruto to see how they play out after the conversion from single panels of manga to the full screen motion versions. The Bee fight was flashy but I have to admit it didn't feel as epic as it did just reading it for the first time, at least to me.[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred][youtube]weRiLmDGSNQ[/youtube]

Wow, I don't know if listening to a character's theme song ever turned that character into a favorite for anyone but it certainly did that for me with Sasuke. He's not the top (Itachi) but he's in my top 3 now lol. Granted, I've never hated Sasuke to begin with, I just never got into him. If I had to compare, I'd say he's like Hitsugaya in a sense. Fans make a big deal out of him to a point where I'd get tired of the character. Anyway, that theme is quite an epic piece there, at least to me. I think this is part of the reason I thought that Sasuke and Bee fight was epic... Right when Sasuke got owned by that Lariat changed the feel/mood of the fight when that theme kicked in. (That theme should've went to Pein) I'm definately anticipating on seeing Sasuke and Raikage's fight as well as Sasuke and Danzo (although it'll probably be a bit before we get to that one)

Anyway, spoiler time.

Ch. 491
Naruto is returned home.
He's back in ichiraku ramen where other shinobi are at his side, a young boy recognizes him and asks for his autograph. Naruto blushes. The owner, too, is proud of him.

The hokages argue about what to do w/ naruto and bee.
Tsunade angrily argues that sheltering them is a waste. "What's the point if we lose the war? Weren't they for that purpose?"
Unfortunately, she loses to majority vote.
It is decided to shelter them in Cloud Country, the one place akatsuki haven't shown up from. The exact location is Oganjima (island of demons, from japanese folklore)

Nartuo was picturing paradise, but is sorely disappointed.
Naruto is with Yamato on a boat when they're attacked by a giant squid, but are saved by Bee's sudden transformation.

Naruto - "Oh, so YOU'RE the octopus I needed to find?"
Bee - "You're late, bro"

Ought to be interesting, but at the same time I'm actually more curious about next week's chapter than I am with this one.[/font][/color]

[SIZE=1]Yup, this week seems to be setting things up for Bee training Naruto which obviously leads one to conclude that Bee's method of mastering/befriending his Tailed Beast is something he can teach Naruto to do as well, or at least filter out the "mind" part that goes along with using the Kyuubi's chakra.

One thing I always wondered was how the Rikudou Sage actually managed to create nine distinct beings from the Jyuubi's chakra each with evidently their own personalities and goals. A bit of a fan theory but if we take it that the idea the Ichibi's origins weren't completely retconned it's possible that the Rikudo needed an actual human sacrifice to provide the individual pieces of the Jyuubi's chakra with their own minds and "bodies". Perhaps the priest/monk that the Ichibi came from originally was merely his sacrifice ? Again just a fan theory. [/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Heh, misleading spoilers...

Well, let me restate that. It wasn't misleading, but it did have the chapter sounding disappointing.

Not a bad chapter at all, and for the first time I've actually enjoyed some Naruto segments here. But of course the chapter stealer belongs to Gaara. Tsunade got punk'd. Gaara's become quite the talker.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][FONT=franklin gothic medium][COLOR=darkred]Not a bad chapter at all, and for the first time I've actually enjoyed some Naruto segments here. But of course the chapter stealer belongs to Gaara. Tsunade got punk'd. Gaara's become quite the talker.[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]
[SIZE=1]
Indeed, funny that a 16 year old has greater strategic knowledge than a Kage probably three times his age. To be honest though you'd think Tsunade would've at least had the intelligence to get reports on what occurred at the previous Kage meeting, mayhaps Kakashi's ascension isn't so far off after all.
[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]
Indeed, funny that a 16 year old has greater strategic knowledge than a Kage probably three times his age. To be honest though you'd think Tsunade would've at least had the intelligence to get reports on what occurred at the previous Kage meeting, mayhaps Kakashi's ascension isn't so far off after all.
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]I think we're suppose to believe that she was brought up-to-date with that stuff off-screen. Probably while she was eating all that junk (we all know where that food is going. I'd definately hate to see her when she's all wrinkly :sick:)[/font][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][FONT=franklin gothic medium][COLOR=darkred]I think we're suppose to believe that she was brought up-to-date with that stuff off-screen. Probably while she was eating all that junk (we all know where that food is going. I'd definately hate to see her when she's all wrinkly :sick:)[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]
[SIZE=1]
If that was the case though she wouldn't have been surprised at learning the Jinchuuriki were being hidden, seeing as that was agreed at the previous meeting. The fact she didn't know that indicates to me that she doesn't know all, or anything that happened at Danzou's meeting.[/SIZE]

[size=1]I think she was just told whatever Gaara told Kakashi, which was probably moreso a summary of what happened at the summit (ie. the Danzo mess and Sasuke/Madara), rather than a focus on the conclusions of the Kage's discussions.. I cba checking what Gaara was shown to have said specifically on-panel. Or maybe they did tell her all that but she was too busy pigging out and wasnt listening lol. She probably just assumed all the Kages would jump to the conclusion which seemed most natural to her at first. Anyways, I didnt think that was much of anything.

One of the things I found interesting was Yamato's thought that Naruto hadnt realised yet that he wasnt on a mission. That and the trivial matter of Raikage's hand being hidden from our view. I wonder if he's attached some sort of replacement limb lol. Like a pirate hook or a chainsaw (kidding, but you get the idea).

Bee didnt seem to have Samehada on him in his mid-hachibi form thing. I dunno if that means he managed to leave it behind or not. I worry for Kisame, should Naruto go Sage and sense him lol. We havent seen any correspondence between Kisame and Madara yet since infiltration so I'd hate for it all to be for nothing. Eitherway, I hope Bee has his other swords on him because I rather like the idea of him also schooling Naruto on maybe swordfighting, and not just Jinchuuriki stuff.

Was a pretty quiet chapter overall though.
[/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Hmm.. Interested development at the end of the chapter. It'll be very sad if the "evil" Naruto turns out to be a better character than Naruto himself. Other than that I didn't really care for this chapter.[/font][/color]

[SIZE=1]I didn't think much of the chapter either, seeing Gai crippled by sea-sickness was vaguely amusing for a moment but the ultimate interactions between Naruto and B were just dull. Seriously I was actually pretty disappointed he pulled out his harem jutsu, I thought he was over kiddy-**** like that.
[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]So I pretty much finished my run on reading the series from the beginning of the time skip. I refuse to go back any further. I already can't stand Naruto now, and going to see him as a child would really piss me off.

I think I said this before. I only did this run because this one guy kept saying that it's a different experience when reading it all in one sitting. There's really nothing different at all than when it comes out every week. Still hate the same parts as well as the same characters.

I suppose the one thing that did change was the change of heart on Sasuke, and part of that was because of his theme song and the anime.

Now I'll probably start my Bleach run soon.[/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1]Good chapter this week, albeit naturally incomplete. Kinda cool to see flashbacks for the Kumo-nin (Raikage looked even more badass when he was younger). Also confirms that Bijuu can be redeemed given Hachibi's little conversation with B, if Naruto manages to achieve the same with Kyuubi it could be a very interesting source of info about the ninja world.

Bear-wrestling is also awesome.
[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]This was a ho-hum chapter. Nothing great, but nothing bad either. I suppose I am interested in B's past, but at the same time, not really.[/color][/font]