OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

But that means that we are liable to see Kabuto, who has always been my favorite character (well since the Forest of Pain or Death or whatever it was), which would make me happy, plus he has become an awesome sort of guy. I'm hoping that he betrays Madara and has his way with Sasuke if the opportunity presents itself before completing his deal with him. I feel like Sasuke, no matter how powerful, won't be able to fight all the dead members of Akatsuki and super Kabuto at once.

I've also decided that all the fights need to be like the one between Danzo and Sasuke. It had good ratio of explanation to action, lots of new abilities were showcased, no one was holding anything back, it didn't drag on for 1000 chapters, and it was interesting till the end.

[quote name='Lawliet' date='15 June 2010 - 11:05 AM' timestamp='1276614323' post='695336']
But that means that we are liable to see Kabuto, who has always been my favorite character (well since the Forest of Pain or Death or whatever it was), which would make me happy, plus he has become an awesome sort of guy. I'm hoping that he betrays Madara and has his way with Sasuke if the opportunity presents itself before completing his deal with him. I feel like Sasuke, no matter how powerful, won't be able to fight all the dead members of Akatsuki and super Kabuto at once.
[/quote]
Don't know how much of an oomph that transplant made Sasuke... So I wouldn't exactly say that Sasuke can't take those undeads and Kabuto at once...

That's just lovely... >_>

Edit:

Interesting chapter, but man, Naruto really gotta learn some other stuff. Shadow Clones and Rasengan. Learn some different wind techniques or something. Edited by Magus

I just [i]knew[/i] Kushina was going to turn out as the previous Kyuubi jinchuuriki soon as I read that comment a few weeks back about them generally selecting Kages' family/[b]spouses[/b]. Not saying she's a jinchuuriki because of her relationship with Minato, because I personally think it might've been something she received from the former Whirlpool country (which would explain the Kyuubi inactivity in Konoha for so long, prior to the incident and also the blaming of the incident on the Uchiha by the Konoha elders).. but I hadnt entertained the thought before until I saw the word 'spouse' lol.

I'm calling it that the seal weakened due to childbirth, and Madara was possibly anticipating this and acted on it to manipulate things.

Is no one else blown away by the Rikudo Jesus-aura panel shot of Naruto? That might be my favourite Naruto manga panel ever.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Hmm, Naruto's little Rikudo look has me rather curious now. I've suspected rather heavily for a while that Naruto has some Senju blood flowing through him and that would seem to be the case. I'm also hoping now that the Kyuubi's chakra has been separated from its "mind" we're going to see the Kyuubi act similar to the Hachibi, as I said before I'm sure Kyuubi can himself lend considerable light on a considerable number of subjects for Naruto. [/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Man, Kishi. You're really milking me for all the frustration I'm worth here. Are you seriously this determined to aggravate me by introducing a character that's basically the one you allegedly center the story around, but better in every possible way (thereby making her a good character in the first place)? And yet still you tease me with what could have been, tantalizing me with the very idea that she could have ended up as the main character in the first place, rather than her lame and uninteresting son?

You, sir, are a cold and calculating bastard. Furthermore, I cannot decide whether to hug you or punch you this week.[/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I'd take the manga centred around Jiraiya far, far sooner than around Kushina but that's just me.

'Sides it's very easy to introduce a character who's essentially the main character-plus because you don't have to go through all that troublesome development you did with the main character.[/size][/font]

It depends on Kushina's personality for me. If she was rash and obnoxious like her son then I pass, but considering that it was stated that Naruto had a personality similar to that of Kushina... So with that in mind, both Naruto and Kushina act like Jiraya.... So I wouldn't want none of them as the main character.

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Spoilers for this week: [strike]Rather than show us something cool like what exactly the Kyuubi was talking about when he mentioned the Rikudo Sennin regarding Naruto we've [spoiler]skipped back 16 years to the night Naruto was being born, apparently it's a big secret, but not so much that Uchiha Mikoto (Sasuke's mom) isn't able to tottle along and watch the event. After he's born Kushina's seal has weakened and Minato attempts to reinforce it (and obviously fails), while some masked ANBU guy steals baby Naruto stating that he wants to prevent him being used as a human sacrifice/jinchuuriki.[/spoiler]

So really we get roughly one page/a number of final panels of new material and a load of stuff 99.5% of people had already worked out. Although we still don't get any explanation of why Naruto's parentage on his mother's side is known but not his father's by most people despite Minato and Kushina being an acknowledged item, either that or they do and the vast majority of people from Konoha are huge dicks because what better way to treat the son of the man who saved everyone (and who has a demon in his gut) than by making him a miserable outcast. Seriously I think Pain would've made a far, far better argument to Naruto if he'd just said "these people are idiots, they suck, you know it, I know it, I did the world a favour".[/strike]

[b][Edit][/b] OK chapter read properly and to be fair Kishi did actually give us quite a bit of new information and [spoiler]trolled us completely with the potential of Naruto having another village to connect to and learn from, only for them to be all killed off in a single panel during some unmentioned war (yeah Konoha are just super allies)[/spoiler], oh that and Naruto is [spoiler]Tsunade's cousin, so we have yet another potential guardian who couldn't be arsed doing their job, along with probably a load of other Senjus.[/spoiler][/size][/font] Edited by Gavin

[b]to Gav:[/b] A masked ANBU guy didnt steal Naruto, it was Tobi. We've seen that mask before in Itachi's flashback of when he first met Madara:
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/naruto/images/e/e3/Tobi_Mask.jpg[/img]

- It was satisfying to finally see the bastard physically kill someone. Holding them under water and then letting them float up has a certain personal sinister touch to it, especially in a story with haxx eyeball-flame powers. Phasing through the wall instead of teleporting in was also cool. Tobi/Madara's just further solidying himself as my fav character in this manga lol
- The 'former' Land of Whirlpools is EXACTLY where the Land of Waves is from the Zabuza arc. I think it's kinda fitting that Naruto bridges Konoha with it, literally. Methinks Madara may have had a hand in its destruction during his stint at shadow-Mizukage or whatever. I'm still very curious about the whole Yagura/Mist backstory situation.
- Minato developed his haxx seal jutsu from Kushina's Uzumaki knowledge [strike]and Jiraiya's mentoring[/strike], I guess. Hiraishin and the Deathgod summon are super-seal techniques we've seen nothing else even compare to and I find it too convenient now that Minato married a seal-famed clanmember.
- I've seen people suggest that Sasuke's mother Mikoto conveniently bumping into Kushina might be key in the Konoha elders' interpretation of the Uchiha clan having a hand in Madara's Kyuubi situation. Might be a stretch imo, but I guess it's worth noting. Personally I just think it was just more 'awww Naruto and Sasuke coulda been friends' shtick.
- I've also seen people mention Tsunade's grandmother Mito's forehead mark, which looks exactly like Tsunade's chakra storing seal technique. Possibly where she derived/developed her look-young jutsu from, considering the Whirpool was also the village of longevity?

I really liked last week's issue actually. Not for what it directly said, which was probably not that revealing or obvious. But more for all the confirmations and insinuations. Great stuff, woulda replied earlier but was on holiday :) Edited by AJeh

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Yup, crossed the stuff out when I read the chapter properly as opposed to the spoilers which proved a tad vague.

Things seem to be shaping up rather interestingly, can't say I'm a huge fan of these sort of past arcs but it does clear up some of the stuff that's been hinted at for quite a while. Honestly though I'm still seriously freaking annoyed that Jiraiya didn't take guardianship of Naruto, so we'd better get some kind of explanation as to why from Kishi. [/size][/font]

• 4 weeks later...
After catching up, I guess the only thing I really cared for was the fight between Madara and Minato. Everything was touching though, but still, I could do away with those moments. It's unfortunate that Naruto had to have a personality like Kushina. If he'd acted more like Minato I would probably like him.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]As much as I didn't care for the Gaiden segment showing Naruto's ultimate origins I'm actually very pleased with that way Kishi managed to pull it off. Minato comes across every bit as badass as expected while still being an extremely likeable character and Kushina is by far and away the best female character the manga has or will likely ever have. I am a bit shocked at the revelation Minato actually could've used a different seal and lived afterwards but his reasoning made sense.

Still think the Third and Jiraiya deserve to have their asses kicked for what they allowed happen to Naruto afterwards.

Least we get to see B again who never fails to bring a smile to my face.[/size][/font]

In terms of best females I'm still in favor of Samui and the Mizukage.

[quote]Still think the Third and Jiraiya deserve to have their asses kicked for what they allowed happen to Naruto afterwards.[/quote]
Orochimaru and Pein =D

[quote name='Beretta' date='01 August 2010 - 07:57 PM' timestamp='1280689069' post='698471']Orochimaru and Pein =D[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Meh, I'd have rathered it'd been Naruto seeing as I cared even less for those two, Pain turned out to be such a waste as a villain.
[/size][/font]

I thought Pein turned out to be a nice villain (despite his plot no jutsu of bringing everyone back to life). Then again I favor all of the villains in Naruto compared to Konoha. Orochimaru on the otherhand... I really have nothing to say about him.. He did turn into such a whiny villain when he was confronted by Sasuke. But I favor him over the other 2 sages... "coughs"

Chapters coming out like wild flies today.

[img]http://static3.mangastream.com/manga/1/42232524/naruto_04.png[/img]

Easy there funny boy. I'll acknowledge that you've surpassed everyone, but becoming a bad### is something you'll never accomplish. (and I won't ever acknowledge you as one either) Ever. [/Byakuya ownage moment] I will admit this much though, after seeing Naruto gain speed equal to that of Minato, I'm really curious about what Itachi's eyes are gonna do for Sasuke because at the moment, with sage mode, and now the 9 tails, I don't see how Sasuke can keep up.

I do kind of wish Kisame gets done in right here. That would've been a nice moment to see. I used to like him too, but he didn't live up to snuff. I've come to the point of just hating Gai altogether. We already know where I stand with the Leaf in general but I used to be able to tolerate some of Gai's antics (he was my comic relief of the series), but the guy's just become a useless/pointless character to me. But that was a funny moment seeing Kisame come out only to see Gai's face.

This would've been posted a lot sooner, but I was reading the chapter while typing this and mangastream was all fidgety.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I'm a bit disappointed Naruto's Kyuubi mode is just Super Saiyan given how kick ass HachiB (see what I did there) looks when he does it. Getting a little demo of his new strength levels, pretty much putting Sennin-Mode to shame was helpful, though the "All I saw was a yellow flash" was a bit you know, obvious.

Bug Kisame was a let-down, but I do love the way Gai reacts whenever those two meet. Also I now want to see Evil Gai.[/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]True it was still very obvious that B was in Hachibi mode at that point, Naruto looks no more like the Kyuubi in his Super Saiyan form than he does when he's using Sage Mode. I'd say it has to do with the fact he only has access to half the Kyuubi's chakra but even that doesn't make sense considering he was able to reach the eighth tailed incomplete Kyuubi form not too long ago when he faced Pain.

I mean the whole idea of the training was to make the Kyuubi similar to the Hachibi in terms of temperament, that however has not been the end result and blows quite heavily.[/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
I have to admit that I liked this chapter despite me not caring much about characters from the leaf (Kakashi being the exception). Whoever the guy with the shades is from the leaf pretty much summed up my thoughts about just about all of your strong characters in this series... Idiots.