OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[size=1][color=darkred]Danzou has a frickin face on his shoulder. I didn't notice that before. This chapter was certainly entertaining, but this is turning into another Sasuke only type of thing again, but at the same time I don't mind this one because the characters he's been up against has been a treat to see. When he was fighting Deidara, and recruiting the others, that was some boring stuff.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]As much as I've complained about the hax so far, I'm actually kind of regretting that this fight is coming to an end, just because it means we're back to characters Kishi clearly doesn't give two fiddler's whits about.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=darkred]An impressive chapter. I am so glad Karin got did in. Don't have to see anymore fangasming from her. She really got on my nerves.

[spoiler]Now if Sasuke actually killed Naruto (I know, wishful thinking) he'd be the best character in this series, but I can settle for Sakura being next.[/spoiler] I know that sounds mean... sorry. :)

Now all that's left is for Naruto to give up on Sasuke so he can turn into a somewhat decent character.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][size=1][color=darkred][spoiler]Now if Sasuke actually killed Naruto (I know, wishful thinking) he'd be the best character in this series, but I can settle for Sakura being next.[/spoiler] I know that sounds mean... sorry. :)[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Yeah man what the hell. [spoiler]It's only doing the world a favor if they both kill each other and rid us of themselves.[/spoiler]

Also, I know this is just reinforcing the fact that Sasuke is an annoying, idiotic bastard who needs to die for the good of everything, but I honestly hope Karin stays dead. She's the only thing I find slightly more repulsive than Doucheiha.[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]I have to admit, I actually really liked the way the Danzo/Sasuke fight was wrapped up. Sure, we had at least 3 new hax jutsus introduced but the fact Sasuke effectively beat him with just a single genjutsu used at exactly the right time in exactly the right way is nice to see after so much being dominated by "moar pwnerful jutsus".

Quite glad to see rabid Sasuke fangirl No. 3 bite the dust as well, now if we can only get rid of No. 1 I'll be rather gleeful indeed. [/SIZE]

[size=1][color=darkred]Yes, officially no more Karin. That boost Sasuke up a bit in terms of likability... "coughs" Turned the little twit into quite the cold fish lol.

Edit: Having read the chapter, Sakura is truly an idiot. Is she trying to win noble points for trying to go in a losing battle? She saw that Madara couldn't be touch yet she was about to try and put her best chances of escaping death to sleep.... Foolish girl. She's suppose to be one of the smart ones yet she's just as dumb as other idiots in this series.[/size][/color]

[size=1]
I didnt find a version translated by whoever I usually read it weekly from, but the scanlation I ended up seeing first was pretty hilarious. Notable parts included Akamaru the dog miaowing and Sai dropping the very classic "this **** just got real".

I'm betting that Karin lives long enough to die whilst Sakura attempts to heal her. She'll just about manage to say how far gone Sasuke is or something. But imo Sasuke def didnt mortally wound her. He told her not to move specifically; we've seen him randomly stabbing ppl non-fatally before; I find it suspect that Danzo moved away from her before his doing kamikaze seal jutsu; also Sakura the healer is the one en-route.

..I basically think the psychoface was more of a revenge-gasm rather than a complete turn to evil. He's gonna leave Karin there to whatever though, which admittedly isnt exactly noble either :)

Very happy with this turn though. I'd like to see Sasuke kill Kakashi in the future. Now [i]that[/i] would set things in stone..[/size]

[SIZE=1]*Sighs*

Almost got rid of both Sasuke's pathetic fangirls in the one chapter, never get that opportunity again. Oh well I should be grateful for one I suppose.

That said, I have to admit I quite liked the chapter, nice to see a bit of development for Danzou and that there was something behind his thoughts on Sarutobi. Also Kohane was quite the babe in her youth.

Anyone else think Uchiha Kagami is probably Shisui's father ?

[/SIZE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]You know what? I've finally decided.

Nothing bad came of that last chapter, in fact it was even improved upon in this one. Sasuke, being the revenge-centric dick he is, has murdered one of his friends. This will likely lose him some fans and more readers will realize that he needs to be run through with pointy things in several painful but not immediately fatal ways. It rallies people to our cause and the only casualty is someone I already wanted dead. Birthday+Christmas.

Now if we could just re-kill Shizune and buff up Sakura to a non-useless level, we'd be good (she deserves a chance, at least she acknowledges that the dude ain't worth the time of day anymore.)

Oh, and since I feel obligated to mention this every ten chapters or so, RESOLVE THE FRIGGIN' HINATA ISSUE. Seriously, I don't care how it's done, she could take a sideways glance at Shikamaru and forget all about Naruto for all I care (actually, I would prefer that.) Jeez, poor girl's gonna commit seppuku if he keeps ignoring her like that. What the hell.[/FONT]

[size=1]Nothing bad came of them.. only good things:

[URL="http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/035/0/9/Naruto_Parody_481_by_Kopein.jpg"]Kiba's training[/URL]
[URL="http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/7/4/Naruto_481__Going_it_alone_by_carrinth.jpg"]Sakura & Sasuke[/URL]
[URL="http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/035/9/3/Naruto_480_by_JamesDonaldson.jpg"]Previously on Sasuke[/URL]
[URL="http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/035/0/5/Naruto_481_Parody_by_Fox9ninja.jpg"]ohmygod[/URL]

[/size]

[SIZE=1]Well well, if the unconfirmed spoiler over on NarutoFan is true I must say it's one of the more interesting twists of recent chapters. I have a feeling it's probably fake, but if it isn't I'll be pleasantly surprised.

My, my, my, the spoiler has apparently been confirmed. Still this is probably just [spoiler]Sakura's way of getting close enough to Sasuke to attempt her assassination[/spoiler] but on the off-chance that it isn't (yes, with Kishi I'm a pessimist for good plots) then may I say I may just have had my interest really rekindled.
[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=darkred]My interest has not been rekindled at all even I did like the Sasuke and Danzo fight. I'm hearing that Karin's alive... Why? She's a pointless character and she just don't need to be around anymore dangit. If Kishi's about to turn this into another Dragonball where no one stays dead then I might as well get ready to drop this [strike]for good[/strike] again.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]My interest has not been rekindled at all even I did like the Sasuke and Danzo fight. I'm hearing that Karin's alive... Why? She's a pointless character and she just don't need to be around anymore dangit. If Kishi's about to turn this into another Dragonball where no one stays dead then I might as well get ready to drop this [strike]for good[/strike] again.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]
[SIZE=1]
Ah, must have misread that, I thought Karin was confirmed dead in that chapter. Still with all that damage unless Sakura, or someone else, heals her she has to be dead before too long.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=darkred]To be honest I've yet to read any spoiler for this week. I've only seen pictures. I just keep hearing people being going on and on about Karin being alive.

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/wtanop.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2m3o3e0.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/4ut3ep.jpg[/IMG][/size][/color]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]Well, the fact she has a flashback is generally indicative of death in manga.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Tell that to Kakashi.

I'd sure as hell feel gypped if I were sitting at the Big Campfire in the Sky only to be dragged kicking and screaming back into the crapsack, revenge-centric, logic-barren world that is Naruto moments later.

Also dammit why does the Unclean One continue to breathe?[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]True enough, hence why I said generally as opposed to always. Actually it's more common in Bleach than in Naruto where deaths don't usually involve flashbacks, so now I'm even more concerned she'll live (although whether or not she's a Greater Demon of Nurgle is up for debate).[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=darkred][strike]"Gah" Die skank![/strike] [/evilness]

Sakura's not a good liar at all. (And she's an idiot) What's even more upsetting is that she's just a boring/annoying character making it even more impossible for me to get anything out of the chapter.

Oh great, Naruto is going to the scene.... Knew that was gonna happen, but still, I hate him too lol.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]Hmm, lord knows wouldn't it be magnificent if he got there just as Sasuke and Sakura are leaving and Naruto is forced to fight both his former teammates with Kakashi. For all his grand speeches that kind of personal betrayal might force him to actually consider the world realistically for a moment.

[B]Edit[/B]

/headdesk

Why Kishi, why do you taunt us with potentially interesting storylines and then fall back on pathetically clichéd ones you've featured in your own manga three times already ? I mean come on, Kakashi vs Sasuke ? Sasuke's just gone through a Kage level fight, is confirmed to be half blind right now and Kakashi hasn't fought decently since Zabuza. Hell at this point they might just about have equal chakra levels. Yes you're now in the same position Sarutobi was with Orochimaru and as Jiraiya was with Nagato, hell you might actually stay dead this time around if killed.

I mean seriously what the hell is the aim here ? We've known, Konoha in general has known that Sasuke is a self serving dick for the last God only knows at this point, yet suddenly we're supposed to be surprised he's evil ? And Karin, Chidori through the damn chest and she's still alive and likely going to survive ? Naruto is also likely bounding towards this fight at speed, just quick enough to see Sasuke run yet again.

I just genuinely lack words to describe my disgust here, I never full expected Sakura to betray Konoha but do we really need to retread the same story again and again and again.
[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=darkred]I agree. Sasuke shouldn't be able to fight at all here unless Kishi is going to pull a Kubo and give Sasuke an unlimited source of power he gets from the darkness? Seriously, Sasuke's used up his sharingan. Madara specifically told him he needs rest, and is going into battle against Kakashi in his current condition? If he's able to still fight then I just might be done with this series. It throws any sorts of logic that's left in the series out the window.

I like Kakashi. Best character in the series at this point. Best character in the leaf. Only redeemable character in the leaf. (Shikamaru as well) But even he's not enough to hold my interest. Kishi's just doing so much garbage, and I've let it slide quite a few times, but this crap he's pulling now has pushed my buttons to the limit. Karin's suppose to be dead, and now we're gonna have Sakura save her just to hear some more fangasming?

Sasuke.... I hardly have any words hear. Like Itachi, the maniacal look don't fit him at all. And to be honest, he don't make a good villain either. In fact I actually liked him a little more while he was searching for Itachi. (Don't get me wrong, I've been enjoying his fights though) And anyone that knows my history with the characters in this series knows that I prefer the villains (except Kabuto) and side characters (except the leaf side characters and Kakashi) over anyone else. And Sasuke don't stack up to any of the villains that's been shown in this series. [/rant][/size][/color]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]This chapter was like Christmas coming early, but all your presents are socks and your dad gets drunk and beats you while still dressed as Santa Claus.[/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1]That's a rather specific metaphor there Ace.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]I still don't like the chapter, actually reading it properly instead of just the spoilers made it a bit worse in ways and a bit better in some ways. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Sakura is now by far the dumbest character in the series, when she took out her own backup I figured she was either serious in her desire to join Sasuke, or she had some kind of suicide jutsu that she couldn't risk using with allies around. Of course neither of these turned out to be true, and Sakura was just going to try and stab Sasuke with a kunrai /facepalm. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Even better, she turned her back on the man she was intending to assassinate /facedesk and survived only because Kakashi can apparently move faster than lightning to be able to talk to Kiba, move the sleeping Konoha ninja and then intercept Sasuke's chidori after about a 15 second conversation between himself and Sakura. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Kakashi himself comes off much better, I've generally speaking always liked him aside from his love affair with the ninja nerf-bat. As I said before this fight might actually be even given Kakashi pathetic chakra capacity although really I'm comparing him to genuine Kage class fighters like Naruto, Sasuke etc when he's just not up there with them. I know Sasuke is supposed to have f-all chakra but when has that ever stopped him before.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Best outcome of this fight (actually the least likely sadly) would be for Sasuke to kill Kakashi, then kill his two former fangirls. More than likely Sasuke and Kakashi will fight for a bit, Kakashi will say how amazed he is at how much more powerful Sasuke has become but also how horrified he is by how evil he has become, they'll fight a bit more, Sasuke will sense his chakra nearing dangerously depleted levels but thankfully Kakashi took a couple of steps forward and is now nearly dead from chakra-loss. Naruto will arrive, he and Sasuke will trade words about how Naruto is gay for him and then Sasuke buggers off.[/SIZE]

I feel like what should happen, is Sasuke get pwned and killed by Kakashi. It seems to be the only solution here. You can't just capture him and forcefully take him to the village cause Madara can teleport to the leaf village, maybe bypassing the shield thing, and then walk through all the walls until he finds where Sasuke is and then teleport him back to where ever. I'm pretty tired of Naruto saving people from their "darkness" and feel like Sasuke is beyond redemption anyway. I don't want Sasuke to kill Kakashi because then we have a repeat of the third vs Orochimaru and Jiraiya vs Pain.

So in my prefect world, Sasuke can't be saved and Kakashi can't die. That means that Madara needs to come talk some sense into his pawn, or Kakashi needs to just kill Sasuke and due to whole ninja world a favor. Naruto would be pissed, but he'll get over it or hate Kakashi for the rest of his life, either way I'm sure that after they kill Madara the series can end, since I can't stop reading it for some reason.