OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[quote name='Magus'][size=1][color=navy]500+ chapters of epicness. (Serious epicness that gets better with each passing arc.) Ace can attest to that. But I gotcha.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Man speaks the truth.

It strikes me as ironic that the person they've finally settled on to fill the position of Hokage while Tsunade is comatose is also the one candidate most likely to fall into the exact same situation.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]It strikes me as ironic that the person they've finally settled on to fill the position of Hokage while Tsunade is comatose is also the one candidate most likely to fall into the exact same situation.[/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Indeed, hence why I was hedging my bets on Naruto actually being the one to take over as Hokage after Danzou. Perhaps if Kakashi still seemed as elite as he did back at the start things would be different but right now he's nowhere near Kage level, though that's not to say Danzou necessarily is.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]Kisame vs Killer Bee. A fight finally worth seeing. We've known this fight was actually going to go down (how long has it been since everyone was talking about that?), it was just a matter of time. I'll definately keep in tune with this just to see this fight. Afterwards I'm done. :)

I don't even remember what else happened in this chapter lol.[/size][/color]

I've watched, and then read the whole series and personally i thin the best fight is the one between Naruto and pain because of its extremity but when sakura does fight she is a complete maniac:animesmil. She is scareily strong.

[quote name='Ace'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][center][IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/feosxc.png[/IMG]
[/center]
Ultimate secret revealed. Thread over.[/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Oh God my eyes!! Someone please gouge them out with a spork![/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]Err... I don't know what's worst. That picture or hearing that the spoilers are saying something something about another confession about Sakura and Naruto... If there's one thing I don't need right now it's definately shippers. And that's just egging them on IMO. (I really hope that's false...)[/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy]Err... I don't know what's worst. That picture or hearing that the spoilers are saying something something about another confession about Sakura and Naruto... If there's one thing I don't need right now it's definately shippers. And that's just egging them on IMO. (I really hope that's false...)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah, spoilers this week didn't exactly leave me salivating with excitement for Friday, what with Naruto [spoiler]effectively telling Sakura to get ****ed with her confession of love for him[/spoiler][/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]That was pretty boring. Some shonen really should stay away from the "romance" department. Especially when it involves kiddies. I hardly pay attention to all that romance stuff anyway, but even I can tell that confession was just a load. That didn't sound convincing at all. (At least in my head it didn't) Complete waste of my time... [/rant]

I'm still waiting for Kisame and Killer Bee to come to blows... All that other stuff needs to be put on a back burner.[/size][/color]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Aww, that's adorable. Naruto's trying to put her down as soft as he can without revealing that her thing for Sasuke has now transferred over to him while she was busy getting over it. I will admit it's nice to see Sakura at the very least pull her head out of her ***.

Also, he still hasn't given Hinata so much as a sideways glance since that fight that effectively never happened. I usually don't bother with shipping in this series, but good criminy, Kishi. is it really that damned difficult to tie up a single loose end? It would take you a page at most.[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]I think part of what made this week's chapter particularly bad (aside from teasing us with a Kisame/Hachibi fight of course) was how God damned awful Sakura's "confession" of "love" for Naruto was. I mean sure, the guy would give Goku a run for his money in terms of mental acumen at times but seriously "I've suddenly stopped caring for Sasuke who I've been so in love with for years and love you completely now...Srsly..." I was kinda half hoping he'd give her a pimp-slap accompanied with "***** please".

As for Naruto/Hinata I reckon Naruto is still a bit fuzzed in the head since the whole thing came out and hasn't been able to put his thoughts in order yet...That and he knows there's plenty of angry Hyuugas ready to kick his *** if he breaks her heart.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]I know people are bout tired of it now, but I'm gonna say it again... Sasuke is Naruto's lover.

People tend to bring up that there's some realism in this series (which I've yet to see), so lets be realistic here... Who in there right mind would continously try to save someone that repeatedly tries to kill you? (I know I'm supposed to be a christian, but this irritates me) I swear I can't stand this boy. Kills any and all interest tends to build. (Considering where the anime is at now) I really rather here this boy go on about being Hokage than being so obsessed with Sasuke. Pisses me off.

I'm being teased with this Kisame and Bee fight. Just give them most of a chapter so I can be satisfied at least one time.

I've been debating on whether I should stop reading the manga and just watch the anime so I can try to enjoy it more. I'm starting to think it's not even worth it. Considering I don't like the way Naruto talk already, and to hear him go on about Sasuke will probably set me off.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][size=1][color=navy]I know people are bout tired of it now, but I'm gonna say it again... Sasuke is Naruto's lover.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]And on that note, Killerbee's "pretty eyes" comment has me convinced that there is not a single heterosexual male in this series. Which would explain why Hinata's been getting the finger and Sakura's confession is basically being blown off as EW ICKY GIRL GO AWAY.

Best part of the chapter by far came right after Kisame blocked that second attack. Most dudes would hesitate or even cower before such might, but no, Killerbee is the man. Throws a damn headbutt at him.[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]While I'm not going to go as far as you did Magus, I would have to agree that there's a blatant homoerotic undertone between Sasuke and Naruto. Naruto does tend to act more like a battered wife than a hurt friend, as much as Sasuke hurts him he continues to make excuses based on the fact that several years ago for a couple of months Sasuke was not a complete dick to everyone around him and that slightly sojourn from dickery has earned him permanent grace in Naruto's books.

But the problem here lies in the fact Naruto just won't grow up, and all the adults in the series can laud him for his guts in refusing to give up on his "friend" no matter what because it's his heroic quality. The fact of the matter is Sasuke has made his own choices for good or ill and if Naruto decides that he's going to change the viewpoint of anyone he doesn't agree with regardless of whether he holds moral superiority or not then that effectively put him in the same category as Madara and Pain.

Maybe it's fair to say that Itachi warped Sasuke's thinking in trying to force him to redeem the Uchiha clan and that Naruto is merely trying to give Sasuke a chance to make his own decisions. When they meet face to face finally, and Naruto sees the full measure of Sasuke's resolve maybe things will be different as at the minute all Naruto is chasing is a shadow and second-hand information. Sasuke has been away from Naruto and Konoha for nearly 4 years and become a very different person in that time, that's something that Naruto will eventually have to come to terms with.
[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]While I'm not going to go as far as you did Magus, I would have to agree that there's a blatant homoerotic undertone between Sasuke and Naruto. Naruto does tend to act more like a battered wife than a hurt friend, as much as Sasuke hurts him he continues to make excuses based on the fact that several years ago for a couple of months Sasuke was not a complete dick to everyone around him and that slightly sojourn from dickery has earned him permanent grace in Naruto's books.

But the problem here lies in the fact Naruto just won't grow up, and all the adults in the series can laud him for his guts in refusing to give up on his "friend" no matter what because it's his heroic quality. The fact of the matter is Sasuke has made his own choices for good or ill and if Naruto decides that he's going to change the viewpoint of anyone he doesn't agree with regardless of whether he holds moral superiority or not then that effectively put him in the same category as Madara and Pain.

Maybe it's fair to say that Itachi warped Sasuke's thinking in trying to force him to redeem the Uchiha clan and that Naruto is merely trying to give Sasuke a chance to make his own decisions. When they meet face to face finally, and Naruto sees the full measure of Sasuke's resolve maybe things will be different as at the minute all Naruto is chasing is a shadow and second-hand information. Sasuke has been away from Naruto and Konoha for nearly 4 years and become a very different person in that time, that's something that Naruto will eventually have to come to terms with.
[/SIZE][/quote]

[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1]Well, that's if Naruto-kun will face those facts once he sees Sauke's development and resolve. I mean, no matter what people say about Sasuke, Naruto just keeps on hanging on that "friend" image he established with that certain missing nin. Naruto would go as far as throwing himself at Sasuke's feet just to get him back (figuratively speaking of course. He's ready to kick his *** to bring Sasuke back is more like it.)

But depending on Kishimoto's tastes, I hope he doesnt make it into a cliche type of thing like most would. I'd hate to see a character with such strong resolves such as Sasuke suddenly having a change of heart just bacause his bestfriend makes him see the light. I'd understand if Sasuke had a change of heart because of the truth behind Itachi's action(he's family and all), but if he was to listen to Naruto and suddenly change heart so easilly at the end...that would be too expected. I dont really like Sasuke, but I'm expecting Kishimoto-san to do something unique with him.

Yeah and about that Homoerotic undertone between those two...it is very evident. Then again, not only for those two. There are a lot of other instances involving different characters.

Bad example, take Gai-sensei and Kakashi-sensei...I mean, we know their rivals(one sided rivalry), but Gai-sensei is so obsessed that his actions sometimes make it look...Gay. Like that piggy back thing. >_>;

Good Exapmle though aside from the SasuNaru thing would be the Naruto Sai thing. One sided yes, but it's kind of interesting how Sai is slowly developing those "care" feelings for Naruto.

But in the end, I hope Naruto ends up with a girl instead of with a guy. =_=
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Well, seems we're about to have one of the immutable laws of Naruto either proven or broken in the next few chapters. [spoiler]Kisame loses his cloak when he fuses with Samehada[/spoiler] and we all know what happens after that.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]Well, seems we're about to have one of the immutable laws of Naruto either proven or broken in the next few chapters. [spoiler]Kisame loses his cloak when he fuses with Samehada[/spoiler] and we all know what happens after that.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

He's naked somewhere?

[quote name='Rurouni922']He's naked somewhere?[/quote][SIZE=1]

Rather than giving an awkward verbal response that would amount to O_o I shall just post a spoiler pic.

[/SIZE][CENTER][SIZE=1][IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/2eq9ldi.jpg[/IMG]
[/SIZE][/CENTER]

[quote name='AJeh'][size=1]
to Gav:
At the risk of sounding like an idiot (and out of curiosity), what exactly did you consider to be one of the immutable laws of Naruto?[/size][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=navy]When a member of Akatsuki comes out of their coat they die. (Pretty much like the espada releasing their zanpakuto's in Bleach)[/size][/color]