OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[quote name='Magus'][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy]Ok, if I gotta suffer then so do you. I get to talk about Whitey-chan again.... (I don't have anything to say about him though "coughs")[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE=1]*Sighs*

Very well, we have an agreement.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=green]The heck Naruto smiling for... (rhetorical question) Pisses me off. I can't even stand looking at this idiot anymore.

The only point of interest for me was Madara mentioning something about taking out the Rinnegan... Madara, you're the only reason I'll continue with this series, but even you are barely holding anything up. (Other than giving into peer-pressure.. I'll get each and every one of you one day, somehow)[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]Hmm, I have to admit the chapter reads much better than the spoilers alone or perhaps Binktopia's translation is just better. The "I'll die with you" line was taken out of context and does seem more appropriate when taken in context of how it was intended, although Naruto's unilateral loyalty to Sasuke and the inherent speeches are always a bit tiresome.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]I did find Madara's comment about the Rinnegan interesting, evidentlty he saw it as as much if not more of threat to him as it was useful. Zetsu's cloning ability was rather interesting as well.[/SIZE]

[size=1]
Hey guys, sorry for the disappearance after my last post lol. I tend to only come online here when I'm up at crazy hours of the day and run out of things to do but I really should've probably come back to see the responses lol.

While I get [i]how[/i] the whole "I'll die stopping you and you'll die trying to get past me" in the last issue was supposed to sound, it definitely made me cringe [strike]quite a bit[/strike] a little the way it turned out lol. I was kinda hoping Naruto would've made a passing comment on his encounter with Itachi too or something. Especially since now he's sort of passed on any further chasing and/or talking. Oh wells.

I think what carried this week's issue for me was the other random stuff. Talk of the rinnegan.. Madara with his fresh arm.. and the random shot of Zetsu looking all zombie-badass with his spores lol.. is his black-half still near the Kage summit? Also Madara finally got to observe Naruto's talk no jutsu first-hand although that probably doesnt mean anything.

lol@ Madara when he finds out Kisame's dead because him clueing Raikage in. imo he is by far the awesomest fail-character ever. The side-shots of his unmasked face were too much of a c*tease for me o.-

--
As for OP, I switched to the manga today like Ace suggested. The pacing is so much better and the artwork looks like it meshes together better too somehow. I think putting it into animation magnifies the um.. lack of uniform drawing style of the characters lol. Only onto issue 8 atm but I'll plod along.[/size]

[size=1][color=green]
487 spoilers
[spoiler]-Madara says something to Sasuke about Itachi's eyes, but the early translation is utterly incomprehensible.
-Kisame is supposedly alive thanks to something that Zetsu did. The idea seems to be that Zetsu used a clone to mimic Kisame, and that's what was killed. This has some precedent from the Rescue Gaara arc, but remember last week. Grain of salt. Kisame is also said to be in Lightning Country.
-Killer Bee is in this chapter. He may have engaged Zetsu's other half.
-Kabuto makes an appearance. Dun dun dun...... [/spoiler] (Will remove tag when chapter is out)

Err... I don't know whether I should be relieved or disappointed about Kisame. One point it feels like a cop out, like Kishi was being bombarded with hate mail about the way Kisame went out and just tacted on some type of human substitution thingy ang gave into fan demands and keep him alive, and on another, its like "yeah we finally get to see what he can really do". It's really conflicting, but at the same time I don't really care for Kisame's character as much as I used. I'm definately gonna need him to fight to his fullest or he'd be the most disappointing Akatsuki member yet.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]So do you think Danzo will come back if I complain loudly enough?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=green]Who knows.... I'm still waiting for Naruto to develop some type of common sense.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]/facepalm

While I know the Zetsu body-clone thing has been done before (twice actually), having it occur after quite a good fight such as occurred between Bee and Kisame seems like a major cop-out. Kisame went out better than quite a few of his fellow Akatsuki peers but I guess fish-face is still useful or something.

Sasuke finally taking Itachi's eyes was to be expected, like Madara he's found he desires to inflict his own viewpoint on the world more than anything and to do that he's going to need the EMS. I'm now more convinced than ever he's going to ally himself genuinely with Madara's plan. The fact he's also made killing Naruto one of his goals should also prove interesting.

Then of course there was the best thing about this chapter, the inevitable return.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=green]You know, I think I'm gonna stop reading spoilers.... (I used to didn't mind them. Still don't, but it does kill any and all shock value in those moments that're suppose to be shocking)

I didn't think much of this chapter either. Pretty much like One Piece, I have nothing bad to really say outside of Kisame still being alive. I don't really have anything good to say about the chapter either. It was just ho-hum. (Not saying that's a bad thing, but most of the slow-down moments in Naruto are fairly boring for me.. "shrugs") [/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]I'm still not that pleased with the revelations from this week's chapter, I still think Kisame had a pretty good death but I can understand the logic behind this move. Sasuke taking the eyes specifically to defeat Naruto is unsurprising either really (feeds into my inflict my viewpoint comment from before) though I think this now hints Naruto is going to get another big power-up or learn some new sage-form skills.

Sakura is pretty much back to where she was after the team first encountered Sasuke after the timeskip, nice to know any development she's gained has been negated. Back to perfecting your sandwich-no-jutsu and beer-summon jutsu then woman. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]Sakura is pretty much back to where she was after the team first encountered Sasuke after the timeskip, nice to know any development she's gained has been negated. Back to perfecting your sandwich-no-jutsu and beer-summon jutsu then woman. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=green]Did you really expect something different from her? Kishi's pretty terrible when it comes to female characters.[/size][/color]

[size=1]
Madara had a shot at Hokage, been Mizukage possibly indirectly and now maybe he goin for the Raikage gold. Greatest ninja evar.

But seriously. I agree with Gav.. the Kisame thing definitely felt a bit jarring, but it seemed iffy the way it was seemingly resolved before this issue too so I wasnt quite surprised. I think the execution of the 'twist' was definitely mishandled but has great story potential lol.

Depending on what happens next, I may have to take away some fail-points from Madara. If he Zetsu-spore-clones Raikage and manages to grab Bee, then that him gives control of the world alliance as well as the 8 tails. And then it's a case of stepping in at the right time in the Naruto/Sasuke fight to pick up the Kyuubi and Sasuke's eyes (assuming he wants them of course, which I'm 1million% sure he does). I doubt that's all gonna happen though, but it seems like some great mastermind-villainy to me. Ugh I still cant take the Juubi thing seriously though. I hope there's more to his end-plan than that :(

lol@ Sakura being benched again. I hope she can redeem herself later down the line but I'm definitely not holding my breath.

I'm thinking next week we'll get some info on Suigetsu and Juugo. Is nobody else insanely curious about Sasuke's EMS design? I know I've been wondering about it forever, moreso than I should be lol[/size]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I actually kinda likes Kisame's random "o hay I'm actually still alive" a lot more than I thought I would. As opposed to the blatant pathetic cave-in that was the mass revival at the end of the Pein arc, this one actually felt like maybe he put some thought behind it instead of just popping it in to subside the fandom rage. Not saying it's Hiromu Arakawa-level forethought, but it's definitely a step up from Kishi's regular work. Looking forward to seeing how that turns out.

Lol Sakura. You cannot be a proper ninja, for you are a girl. With girly parts. Listen to your writer and stick to being breeding stock and just maybe a healer.[/FONT]

[size=1][color=green]Hmm... This chapter is like last week for me. Not bad, but not good either. (The slowdown moments generally tend to bore me) I am curious about a couple of things though. But the main one is with Kakashi hearing about the elders and Danzo, will he take any form of action, or rather, what form of action will he take?

Another thing I found interesting was the talk between the rookies. People questioning Naruto and stuff. (People feeling the same way I'm feeling about this stuff) I'm still not convinced that he's not defending Sasuke. Although, the one I think that should've kept their mouth shut was Sakura. "Madara was there too. You're oversimplifying things"... Uh, no #####, you nullified whatever chances of killing Sasuke (while Madara was away) by putting the rest of your team to sleep. (Oh but she just so happened to leave that part out)

I do believe Naruto is giving himself little credit (I can't believe I'm sticking up for this guy), and I'm agreeing with Neji and Kiba here. Sasuke being so weakened from both battles I do believe that Naruto would've definately came out on top, hell I don't think that fight would've lasted long at all either, but whatever. [/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]I think he's outright lying when he says he couldn't have killed Sasuke in that fight. If he'd sent out a couple of shadow-clones to gather sage-chakra I don't think Madara's interference would've made any difference (and even then he had Kakashi to help keep him occupied). Killing Sasuke is just not part of Naruto's plan, nor was it ever I think.

It was good to see some dissent among the Konoha teams, and yes Sakura should've been told "STFU!" given she was responsible for taking them out in the first place. If Naruto is going to become Hokage at some point, he needs to deal with those who disagree with his plans without just saying "leave it to me" and walking away. Hell the fact he's still a Genin surrounding by Chuunin and Jounin doesn't help.

I'm actually somewhat intrigued as to what Sasuke's new eyes will look like, as there doesn't seem to be an obvious fusion between the two sets of eyes (Sasuke having a six-point MS after all) , although less happy he's getting another ridiculous power-up so soon after his last one. At least this may be the last we see of him for a while as he recovers and trains with his new EMS.

Tsunade's return was somewhat unexpected, I'd been under the impression releasing all her chakra like that would've been fatal (seems to only affect poor Kakashi) or at least kept her in the coma permanently as a sort of "this is what it means to sacrifice yourself for the village" but whatever.
[/SIZE]

[size=1]
Kakashi got trolled pretty badly. I would've preferred Tsunade to die in her sleep/remain comatose too. I suppose there's still the chance she'll pass on the title to Kakashi. She's praised him before with regards to it.

I liked this chapter. I wonder if anything's ever going to happen with the daimyos, or what other power they wield. Thought it was a nice touch to show some of them displaying fears of basically handing the reigns over to the ninja.

So I think the unresolved issues left now for this arc are:
- Hokage situation & Root
- Juugo and Suigetsu's situation
- Hinata's feelings (lol)
- Kisame's infiltration (although I suppose this is probably the next arc)

Also, did nobody find it hilarious how Hinata was there alongside the rookies and she didnt get to say anything (ie. to Naruto)? Even Tenten spoke up lmao[/size]

[quote name='AJeh'][size=1]Also, did nobody find it hilarious how Hinata was there alongside the rookies and she didnt get to say anything (ie. to Naruto)? Even Tenten spoke up lmao[/size][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=green]I don't think she'd actually say anything in front of everyone considering she is the shy type. Shy people don't exactly get over that stuff in one or two sittings.

As far as Kakashi becoming Hokage. I never thought he'd actually become Hokage to begin with (Not officially anyway). While he did say he was ready, I don't think he ever wanted to be Hokage to begin with. With the way he's been turned into nothing but fodder, and comparing him to other characters, he lacks that level of power that the other -Kages seems to bring to the table, but then again I do think Kakashi can mollywop the floor with Gaara, so maybe he can be Hokage... (Though, I can't really see Kakashi with that getup the kages wear... That hat and long trench/jacket thing)

Tsunade awakening brings me back to my original question about Kakashi. What kind of action will he take? I don't like speculating (Because I suck at it lol) but I'll take a stab at it. I'm thinking Kakashi will tell Tsunade what Madara told them, and him and her will do a little bit of investigating on about the elders, and somehow this would lead to Tsunade's death (or in some kind of state where she can't fight anymore) and Naruto become's the next Hokage through that. (Told you I suck at that stuff lol)[/size][/color]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Ah, why the hell not. It's been too long.

[B]Naruto Recap Chapter 488: Go Home Already[/B]

Chapter appears to open in some kind of distillery or something. The Nation Lords are on a conference call. They use televisions that are apparently made of stone. I wonder if they get together to watch the Super Bowl on that thing. Anyway, they all want to get together and form an alliance. Water Lord is hesitant. Then he caves in to peer pressure like any competent leader of men would. They decide to inform Konoha.

Cut to the forest, where everyone is wait what the hell.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Aceburner85/Kibawut.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

They're holding hands- er, paws- er....

Screw it, what you do in your free time is none of my concern, Kiba.

Anyway, everyone is still dozing because of Sakura's ZANY SCHEME that nearly got everyone killed. Congratulations, bubblegum bangs. Now everyone's hatred of you is completely rational.

Of course, Naruto yells at them for what Cherry Blossom Bimbo did. Kakashi tells her to wake them up and apologize like a good little girl. Yeah, that'll make the problem go away. Then Lee tries to get his sexy on as Naruto walks by or something.

Now we get a gag panel in which Naruto falls asleep next to them all.

TIME OUT

Kishi, this isn't how gag panels work. You need to place them appropriately. They should also be funny, but considering it's you, we'll go with baby steps here.

TIME IN

Karin lets Sakura know that it's her fault Naruto's in this position.

This coming from a woman who's spent the better part of 200 chapters sniffing the sweaty undergarments of the man who is responsible for the hole in her chest. She sure is one to talk about good judgment. By the way, Sakura's expression is priceless.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Aceburner85/SQUINTYPOUT.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

I mean what is that even supposed to be? I know I don't have much room to speak, seeing as how I read One Piece, but DAMN.

Cut to the interesting characters for a bit. The Kages all receive word of the alliance and there is much rejoicing or something.

End interesting cutaway, Kiba is PISSED about not getting in on the action. naruto tells him to be a man and quit his bitching.

Kiba's reaction mirrors mine. Naruto has no right to tell someone to quit their bitching when he's every night post-timeskip crying into his pillow because Sasuke isn't around to touch him anymore.

Karin notices his bright, warm, happy sunshine chakra and abruptly switches her creepy stalker fetish bullcrap target to Naruto. Hooray, I was just dying to see more of that.

OHWAIT SHE NOTICED THE FOX ohhh noooo deep dark darkness that is dark.

Some Anbu show up to tell Sai that Danzo is dead. He died the way he lived. As an unsung hero who actually used logic when decision-making. Sai declares that Root will now have to figure out what to do with the help of Kakashi, their new Hokage. Because they're allowed to decide that right then and there without any consultation or democratic process.

Except OH WAIT TSUNADE IS MOVING. :O The plot thickens. Now it's less of a vapor and almost even liquid.

Back in Konoha, all the unimportant side characters that everyone likes more than the mains are calling out Naruto's Romeo and Juliet no Jutsu idea. They accuse him of using this as a ploy to protect Sasuke. He responds by saying he has "no plans" to do so.

Actually, I think Naruto might really be ready for Hokage. He's a born politician. Got the whole blatant lying thing down pat.

Neji calls Naruto and Sakura out for not killing Sasuke in his already weakened state. Sakura justifies it by saying that Madara was there andit "wasn't that easy."

I'm sorry, the correct answer was "Naruto is gay for him and I have ovaries."

Naruto continues to spew a bunch of bullcrap about how the DARKNESS INSIDE has made Sasuke so powerful that I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN DEFEAT HIM.

I may just have to start a cliché tally.

And now he's hungry, so he's headed for the Ramen shop. Ramen is for winners, Naruto.

Kakashi goes to attend a meeting to be proclaimed Hokage, but GUYS WAIT TSUNADE IS AWAKE.

And bedridden.

And Shizune appears to be attempting to crush her ribcage with a Siesmic Hug.

I'd say her time of effective leadership is about up.

Meanwhile, Sasuke completes his eye transplant. Now they will bleed tears of BLACK. FEAR IT.

The end.[/FONT]

Naruto unable to finish off Sasuke?

I believe it. Take a look at the following panels.

[url]http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/487/10/[/url]

Naruto was poisoned at the time. It'd be hard to fend off even a nearly blind man when you're frothing at the mouth and unconscious.

Since Naruto doesn't want to implicate Sakura, he didn't mention it, and Sakura didn't have the courage to actually say what happened and that she is most likely the sole reason Sasuke managed to survive (thanks to putting asleep the other hunting party and indirectly poisoning Naruto).

And Sakura finally realizes that she has been pretty much worthless. You'd think a medical nin with chakra enhanced strength and "intelligence" would be able to do [I]something[/I], at least.

As for the whole Naruto vs Sasuke thing, it seems to me that Naruto fully intends to kill Sasuke in the end, but knows that in order to do so, he'll have to use his Sage Mode as well as his Kyuubi chakra. The last time Naruto released his Kyuubi, he destroyed most of everything around him. He most likely plans to avoid that as much as he can and plans on keeping everyone far away from Sasuke while he initiates a "noble" sacrifice, similar to how the third hokage died before him (sacrificing himself to seal the Kyuubi). Killing himself in full-kyuubi by using his shred of consciousness to overload on Sage Chakra to conveniently turn into a statue after the deed is done doesn't seem too far-fetched to me (and providing Konoha with a lasting monument to the one and only Naruto-frog).

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=green]So I decided to read this from where Naruto first got back to the leaf (after Kakashi Gaiden). I'm just trying to piece everything together along with trying to see if I can enjoyment out of it if I read it all in one go. (Don't ask, I'm just curious about the idea since this guy at another forum kept implying that you get a better experience from reading it all in huge doses.. I'll be doing this wite Bleach and One Piece as well)

Anyway, I'm currently on ch 319, and it's been interesting... I think I've made it known about how much I hate Naruto. Starting with the [i]Rescue Gaara[/i] arc, that was definately a chore to get through because I hate how rash Naruto was during the whole thing. Even after getting used to it, I still get aggrivated by his rashness during this stage of the series. I enjoyed the fight between Sakura/Chiyo and Sasori, although I am split on it as well. I guess I was split on it because I was watching it on Disney XD this past Saturday (had a marathon on), and there were just so many stuff that was not needed at all, not to mention unreal moments... (Sasori shooting needles and neither Sakura or Chiyo would touch the ground.) But the fight itself was definately entertaining. It's sad too, because I really thought Sakura would've had some more shining moments and redeemed herself from the crap I put up with in part 1. I have to say Johnny Young Bosch sounded really good as Sasori too. (He should do more villainous roles)

It's even hard to form an opinion about Lee and Neji because they've done nothing, even up to now and that's sad too because they were so great in part 1. They've slipped off so much that I didn't even care for them this time around. It's even sadder that Tenmari, one of the more dominant female characters in part 1 has be reduced to such a thing as well. (I've never liked Kankuro)

Onto the meeting with Yamato and Sai. It's kinda hard for me to take Sai seriously. He could be one of the best characters in the Leaf but Kishi needs to do something about that wardrobe lol. Joking aside, he's a decent character now, but when reading this stuff when he first entered, yeah...

With all the focus on Naruto and Sasuke as of late I completely forgot how great a character Yamato was. His faces were freaky, but at the same time pretty funny, and something about his wood style just has awesome written all over it. The fight between Orochimaru and Naruto was good, and I remember back when I first read this part of the arc that I dropped this series at this point. "GIVE SASUKE BACK!" Argh, that had me fed up with the series. Reading that now, while I still get a bit flustered, it don't have the same effect on me that it had then. (If anything Naruto going on about saving Sasuke is what's really getting to me now, although, I am glad that he's gotten over that crap)

There's one thing I would've liked to have seen at this point. Orochimaru and Sasori duking it out on that bridge. Man, the what-if's this series brings to the table. I really think this fight would've been real interesting.

Currently reading Naruto's training and stuff. Like I've said countless times, I hate Naruto, but seeing his training has always been an interesting point (even though his progression in meaningless to me, :)) to me. The detailed explanations of everything always gets me. I definately would've liked to have seen some side/off stories of characters doing training with different elemental recomposition properties. What type of methods would the characters go through to develop justsu's? Seeing just the wind type be developed has me a little disappoint here. Other nature properties seems like it would've been just as interesting, if not, more than wind. If Naruto's nature was earth, how would that coinside with the Rasengan? How would the Rasengan even look with earth elemental properties? What-if's, what-if's.

I've stated before that this series savings grace is the villains and I still stand by that. Outside of Kabuto (I can't stand him), Orochimaru and Akatsuki are great characters.

Now I'm off to read chapter 319.. Oh goody, I get to hear Naruto's determination >_>. Nah, it's been fairly interesting reading this again and collecting everything in at once. Nothing special though.[/font][/color]

[SIZE=1]Not a bad chapter, but nowhere near as epic feeling as Bleach this week.

Yet another hint about "that jutsu" which if the Lensman Jutsu Race continues is probably going to give Naruto the ability to absorb all the other Bijuu into himself and become the reincarnation of the Rikudou Sennin, or something equally ridiculously overpowered to keep up with the EMS, maybe Eternal Sage Mode (ESM? Plot-senses tingling), who knows.

Konoha seems prepared to mobilise for war, Karen can moan however she wants and here's hoping Ibiki tears her a new one if she fails to cooperate.

Biggest disappointment for me though is that Kabuto is once again becoming someone's lackey, after all his talk of becoming his own boss, and even giving Madara cause for concern with his Edo Tensei mastery (which to be honest causes me to view the Second in an entirely different light, creepy bastard) he just decides, "I want to help Akatsuki". Epic Fail. I'm assuming he has some grand backstabbing plan, but I just don't like the idea it, along of course with Akatsuki having three S+ ninjas in the ranks now.
[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=green]This was definately a disappointing chapter for me. I'm thinking a fight between Kabuto and Madara was about to break out and here we have Kabuto asking to join him. That sucks. I think we need a back story about the 2nd Hokage. Hardly know anything about the guy. I mean the 1st, 3rd, 4th and the 5th's had more exposure than the 2nd. Everytime the 2nd is shown he's shown as support for someone elses story.

I just don't like Naruto's slowdown moments at all. I know they're needed because if you get too chaotic fighting, you get something like Bleach where it just seems like it's not going anywhere. Naruto's slowdown moments for me are boring. Nothing funny, and the only interesting parts are when they talk about battle plans (and even those tend to be boring) or training segments. This a probably be something I'll never get over. (That and actually liking Naruto)[/font][/color]