OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[size=1][color=navy]Don't feel bad. I didn't find out until someone told me around the time Itachi kicked the bucket. Or was it Pein... I think the only exception to that rule is Hidan though. If I recall he still had his cloak on. (Although it's also safe to assume he didn't die though)

This chapter didn't really wow me. I thought for certain that Kisame would do something impressive.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][size=1][color=navy]Don't feel bad. I didn't find out until someone told me around the time Itachi kicked the bucket. Or was it Pein... I think the only exception to that rule is Hidan though. If I recall he still had his cloak on. (Although it's also safe to assume he didn't die though)[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Actually, I think Kishi stated outside of the actual series that Hidan has to do that blood ritual regularly in order to stay immortal, so he's probably dead by now.

Anyone else think that Kisame's new form looks like a Zora had (As Christopher Turk of [I]Scrubs[/I] would put it) "Underwater Relations" with a sperm whale?[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Meh I don't mind the new form really, although I'm reserving ultimate judgement until next week when we see it in action rather than a single quarter panel picture.

Regarding the cloak removal = death I think it was pointed out to me after Deidara's fight although really Itachi's fight proved it immutable up to potentially this fight. Sasuke's guys cloaks didn't count because they weren't true members of Akatsuki and seemed to have a different design.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]Meh I don't mind the new form really, although I'm reserving ultimate judgement until next week when we see it in action rather than a single quarter panel picture.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=navy]You know me... Judge by looks first. Get proved wrong later. (Ulquiorra and Ichigo)

Shinmaru. I don't get it. O_o[/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][size=1][color=navy]You know me... Judge by looks first. Get proved wrong later. (Ulquiorra and Ichigo)

Shinmaru. I don't get it. O_o[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/471/11/"][b]Top panel.[/b][/URL] Also, Japanese wrestling announcers are inherently hilarious, anyway.

[quote name='Shinmaru'][URL="http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/471/11/"][B]Top panel.[/B][/URL] Also, Japanese wrestling announcers are inherently hilarious, anyway.[/quote]

[SIZE=1]God damn, how did I miss that ? Nice catch Shin. Good to know we might be seeing more of Kumokagure's wrestling moves in the near future.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]
Personally I find the growing Kisame/Killerbee pairings trend coming about because of this most disturbing.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Please, if anything this is a love triangle.

Kisame is still in love with Samehada who ran off with Killerbee. Clearly, Kisame is an abusive partner. Even if Samehada was cheating, that kick was totally uncalled for and very traumatizing. Would you expect an empathetic weapon to stand by and let you cut off the business portion of its true love's body? I didn't think so.

Does anyone know any good therapists? That last paragraph disturbed me deeply.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please, if anything this is a love triangle.

Kisame is still in love with Samehada who ran off with Killerbee. Clearly, Kisame is an abusive partner. Even if Samehada was cheating, that kick was totally uncalled for and very traumatizing. Would you expect an empathetic weapon to stand by and let you cut off the business portion of its true love's body? I didn't think so.

Does anyone know any good therapists? That last paragraph disturbed me deeply.[/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Ace...I'm disowning you for that. Papa's brain can only take so much abuse before it dies and you're slowly but surely pushing me in that direction.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Please, if anything this is a love triangle.

Kisame is still in love with Samehada who ran off with Killerbee. Clearly, Kisame is an abusive partner. Even if Samehada was cheating, that kick was totally uncalled for and very traumatizing. Would you expect an empathetic weapon to stand by and let you cut off the business portion of its true love's body? I didn't think so.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=navy]You've lost your talking rights.

Edit: I've been rereading some earlier chapters (for some oddball of a reason) and I'm still wondering how did Deidara and now the Raikage know about Kakashi using the Chidori.. In a sense I can understand the Raikage knowing seeing that it is possible that Kakashi fought with a lot of someones in their village, but Deidara....?[/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy]I've been rereading some earlier chapters (for some oddball of a reason) and I'm still wondering how did Deidara and now the Raikage know about Kakashi using the Chidori.. In a sense I can understand the Raikage knowing seeing that it is possible that Kakashi fought with a lot of someones in their village, but Deidara....?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]
[SIZE=1]
[strike]Ninja info cards[/strike] Bingo books. Kakashi for all the Worf Effect he's been put through since the timeskip is still regarded as one of Konoha's deadliest ninja so it would only make sense other villages would have info about the techniques he uses. Also remember he's used the Chidori since he was a kid, so it's not unreasonable it's been known about for well over a decade at this point. I imagine his Mangekyou Sharingan is probably still a secret though.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]Hmm.. I suppose that makes sense.

In other news... Kisame dies by the Bee brothers.. I know I started out not really liking either them all that much, but reading it over and seeing them get in Sasuke's grill gave me a change of heart. Kind of sucks that Kisame goes out not doing much at all. He wasn't hyped up very much, but I still would've liked him to go out by going all out.[/size][/color]

[SIZE="1"]Yup, the cloak rule remains firmly in effect. I was always sort of ambivalent about Kisame as a character, sometimes liking him, sometimes not. Him being killed by a Killer-Bee/Raikage combo-attack is probably the best ending he would get.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]I might be the only one here that thinks this, but compared to some of these other villages the Leaf sucks. (In terms of likeable characters and abilities) I suppose it's a bit unfair since I'm comparing the Kages to everyone else haha... Outside of the rock guy, everyone sorta have a bad### presence.

The Mizukage is quite an interesting character given the little amount I know about her. Then again it's probably because she's the only likeable female in the series for me now. Konan's out of the picture now.

While I don't like how Kisame didn't really do much before he kicked the bucket, I do have to admit that was quite a way to take someone out.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]I have to agree actually, all the Leaf's internal fighting and indecision really reflects poorly on them in comparison to other Hidden Villages. Suna was in a far worse position just after their alliance with Orochimaru (especially as it was a set-up) and they pulled together to get back into fighting form.

Really the problem lies with Konoha's elders more than anything, kill Danzou and the two others and you effectively eliminate a gigantic cancer within the village not only geared towards militarisation but also operating against the legacy of the last five Hokage. Why Konoha's Jounin don't actually take this step, as it's very much in the interest of Konoha itself is completely beyond me.

Of course I'm also of the opinion Itachi himself was the clear bridging point between the ideology of the Senju and the Uchiha (an Uchiha with the Will of Fire who loved peace) and the natural successor to the Yondaime (perhaps after Kakashi pre-nerf). It also makes me wonder if he wasn't chosen to eliminate the Uchiha specifically because it destroyed that particular stumbling block to Danzou's (and the other Elders) power grab.

Either way, Tsunade is going to be pissed as hell when/if she wakes up.
[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]Err..

[quote][spoiler]- Sai tell Naruto what Sakura actually up to.
- He explains that Sakura and all the members of their class have plan.
- Sai and Kakashi think she going to kill Sasuke. Sakura will kill Sasuke because she loves him and doesn't want to see him going down the evil path.
- The Sand siblings appear before Naruto and explain what happened during the Kages meeting.
- At same time somewhere else Madara appears before Danzou.
- While Gaara keeps talking to Naruto, the chapter ends with Danzou getting ready to fight Madara.[/spoiler][/quote]

Screw this weeks chapter, I want next weeks chapter.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy]Screw this weeks chapter, I want next weeks chapter.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]
[SIZE=1]
I have to agree. [spoiler]Sakura's little "I will be the one to kill Sasuke" sojourn is just going to end so badly I might actually laugh.[/spoiler] I mean really, she's been nothing but dead weight since the Rescue Gaara arc.

But of course you were talking about the [spoiler]Danzo/Madara fight[spoiler] which should certainly prove entertaining.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]But of course you were talking about the [spoiler]Danzo/Madara fight[spoiler] which should certainly prove entertaining.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=navy]Of course! (sorry, had a Mustang moment) I never care about kiddy drama. Gotta wonder are they really gonna fight, though, or is it gonna be a teaser?

Edit:

Hopefully Sai and Gaara talked some sense into Naruto's head, otherwise he just might be the cause of me dropping the manga for good. (again heh) But, of course, being the idiot he is, (And hearing people state that Kishi said something about a happy ending) he's going to ignore them so fanboys can have their happy ending... >_>[/size][/color]