OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[color=darkblue][size=1]In the first place, methinks that the Chidori Raikage took to the chest is going to come back in some lameass way in the future and allow Sasuke to get the victory yet again, further proving that Kishimoto is a lameass himself.

Secondly, I had the [i]biggest[/i] smile on my face with Raikage Ric Flair Chop WHOO!'d Sasuke in the back of the neck despite the Amaterasu Shield o' Shenanigans. It gave me fuzzy feelings inside.

Also, more Madara WTFery. Awesome sauce.[/sarcasm] [/color][/size]

[SIZE="1"]*Sighs* Where to even begin with this chapter...

So Gaara shows up and gives the Raikage some cover as Sasuke is about to use his Amaterasu for the fifteenth time in this fight, despite still using Susanoo as his defence. It occurs to me that Itachi only used Amaterasu maybe three times throughout the whole manga and was pretty screwed up after each one, and then using Susanoo cost him his eyesight altogether. But hey, this is Sasuke so it's all about "Screw the rules, I have Kubo"

The two Kage's trade words, Rai is a tad pissed that someone has interrupted his fight before he had a chance to use his Lightning Country People's Elbow or Hidden Village of Rock Bottom techniques and Gaara asks Sasuke if he's done being a little emo ***** and prepared to man the **** up. Sasuke replies negatively causing Gaara to shed a tear at having to kick the *** of a guy who nearly killed his brother, sister and himself not three years ago because of his connection to Naruto.

Long story short, there's some absolutely awful dialogue between the characters. "My absolute defence is even more absolute than yours", "Power of the Double Mangekyou" (so you did take his eyes you douch) and in the end Sasuke is standing smugly in the middle of a black-boned Susanoo that appears to be forming more completely as time goes on.

More h4x next week fans.[/SIZE]

Honestly, I thought this chapter was a lot better than the last chapter I read. (Naruto telling the Raikage to forgive Sasuke and crap. Haven't read it since then.) I agree though, double mangekyo....

I guess I liked this chapter because a secondary character is finally getting a chance to fight since it's been forever since it's been Sasuke this and Naruto that. (On the bright side, this series can finally be called "Naruto or Sasuke" with the huge cast of characters being shafted.)

I'm interested in seeing how Gaara will fight without the Shukaku thingy.

[size=1]
Wow some of you guys sure seem to complain a lot about this series lol. I actually happen to think this is singlehandedly [i]the[/i] most well thought-out manga I've ever come across. I'll scroll back a few pages to read you guys' earlier comments on earlier issues, but I really dont find much fault in it at all.

I think the only thing that left a bad taste in my mouth recently was the Two Sons revelation from Tobi. I'm not sure if it's a retcon of the Sharingan's Byakugan-derived origin as brought up by Kakashi forever ago, or if that theory was just meant to be lore, or if it still somehow fits in with what we know (or if Tobi gave us some more half-truths) but it seems badly tied together. And Kakashi not mentioning what he 'knew' makes it seem like sloppy writing.

As for the newest ep, I dont know where I stand on Sasuke's powers. Does 'double Mangekyou' mean Tobi's form of Mangekyou, or is it just meant to mean mastery of both eyes? I'm inclined to think it's just the second one. Sasuke seems to be overusing his powers really quick and I'm banking on him losing his eyesight (enter Tobi with Itachi's corpse, eyes intact for the grabbage.. in exchange for more pawn-work) after/during this fight. Then he gets the Madara-esque Mangekyou.

And I dont think he's surpassed Itachi at all. Firstly Itachi wanted Sasuke to kill him, so I doubt he'd use his full power but rather pretend to and just showcase some of his abilities. And secondly, one of my friends said that Itachi was ill/dying at that point? I dont remember that myself but yeah.[/size]

[quote name='AJeh'][size=1]Wow some of you guys sure seem to complain a lot about this series lol. I actually happen to think this is singlehandedly [i]the[/i] most well thought-out manga I've ever come across. I'll scroll back a few pages to read you guys' earlier comments on earlier issues, but I really dont find much fault in it at all.[/size][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]...I would ask how you think this is one of the most well thought-out series.

In the first case, there have been a few glaring inconsistency errors throughout the manga that have led to a few deus-ex-machina moments for the sake of plot, namely the whole shield that was supposed to be around Konoha.

Secondly, Naruto has become a sort of Gary Stu character in that every time he comes across someone on a dark path, they fight with each other, gab for three chapters and suddenly it's "I HATH SEEN THE LIGHT AND IT IS GOOD OMGWTFBBQ", with the exception of Sasuke, who is now a jerk for the sake of being a jerk and has been since Itachi died.

Which leads me into my third point. Several characters have been built up a certain way this entire series, only to have them broken down into nothingness i.e. Itachi and even Kakashi, to a degree. Despite what some may think, it was utter shenanigans to kill Kakashi and bring him back. Kakashi has been hit harder than what Pein did to him and suddenly he's keeling over from chakra exhaustion? And is then brought back when Nagato uses Jesus no Jutsu to bring back the people he killed with a justu that had NO CORRELATION with how Kakashi died? The hell? [i]That[/i], friend, is terrible writing.

The problem that I (and arguably others who frequent this thread) is that after the time skip (and on some occasions beforehand), Kishimoto's writing has become fanfiction at its finest. Yes, there have been some moments that have made sense if you reach for it, but ultimately this has been a non-stop self-indulgence festival where Kishi is writing whatever the hell he wants just to have something to ship off every week.

We get the whole Sasuke avenger thing (since it's been drilled into our heads since Chapter 1). We get that Naruto is supposed to be the savior (which has also been drilled into our heads since Chapter 1). We get that people can grow (again with Chapter 1). But if you're going to create a living, breathing world and create certain rules and backstories, don't try and change the game halfway through and then scramble to try and explain it the way Kishi has. It's a terrible practice and it more than a bit of an insult to the writing community at large who take these things seriously.[/color][/size]

[quote name='AJeh'][size=1]
Wow some of you guys sure seem to complain a lot about this series lol. [B]I actually happen to think this is singlehandedly [i]the[/i] most well thought-out manga I've ever come across[/B]. I'll scroll back a few pages to read you guys' earlier comments on earlier issues, but I really dont find much fault in it at all.[/size][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Aceburner85/dr_cox_pgb.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]I suppose what's bothered me most about the series as it's progressed, aside from the fact Kishi can't seem to keep his story, character motivations or just plain characterisations straight, is the way we're rapidly climbing the Dragonball Z power-level scale and losing any and all grip on realism which the manga held tentatively at the start.

I suppose the best example for this is Kakashi, at the beginning of the manga this man was considered one of the most dangerous ninjas in the world while just wielding an ordinary matured Sharingan despite it lowering his chakra capacity from the drain of being constantly activated and his Raikiri technique a S-class assassination jutsu. Fast forward to his last fight and Kakashi couldn't even touch Pain, despite having a Mangekyou Sharingan and died of chakra depletion.

Equally taking the Sandaime who was considered the strongest ninja in the world during his reign after the death of the Yondaime and his final battle with Orochimaru doesn't hold a candle to anything we've seen in the last hundred chapters.

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing that the series is getting flashier, I just wish it wasn't so glaring obvious that everything is being retconned bit by bit in order to desperately try to justify it. [/SIZE]

I've already said my share about this series and don't really feel like boring everyone with it yet again, although I can always find time to trash talk about this series :)

Anyway, what exactly is the Mizukage's kekkei genkai? Looks like it can be some form of water type thing that's like acid/sludge.

[quote name='Magus']Anyway, what exactly is the Mizukage's kekkei genkai? Looks like it can be some form of water type thing that's like acid/sludge.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Lava.

Nice to see Sasuke can shrug off a fight with the Raikage that should've left him with several broken bones and blind from overuse of his MS. Equally nice to see the Mizukage is some form of paedophile, just not enough female varieties of those in manga nowaday.

All kidding aside lameass chapter, Sauce's hax continue but I would have to admit Naruto marginally wins out over Bleach this week for me (if only because Bleach was dire). [/SIZE]

[color=navy][size=1]While it was a somewhat interesting chapter and, I know it should've been expected that someone was going to bail Sasuke out, I still think it was disappointing that he was bailed out. (Seriously, I'd really like to see someone knock him down a couple notches. Thinking he's superior and whatnot. I want the guy to be struck with fear like he'll piss his pants or something.)

It's about time that there's another interesting female character though. Konan was interesting up until she did nothing. Mizukage, while a pedo, is probably the best female as of now. (Hey, all the other girly's are damsels.)[/size][/color]

[SIZE="1"]Well bit of meandering but at least we ended the chapter with Sasuke unconscious and Madara is possibly going to spill the beans on his master plan. Shame we didn't see too much from the Tsuchikage, I was hoping to see a bit more of his badass grandpa routine, and we all know Uchiha are weak against rocks. [/SIZE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]....Well. Just when I thought the shenanigans would never reach a critical height, Kishi proves me wrong.

So Madara's plan this whole time was to put everyone under a genjutsu and essentially control the world.

From the Moon. (Nice timing, amirite?)

Why? Because there's no hope for true peace in the world.

I have no words for the level of utter fail that this trite reasoning has brought upon the world. Four-hundred and sixty-seven chapters to reveal one of the most overused villain raison d'êtres in modern literature.

--;[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=navy]Haha, the only thing I'm interested at this point is the war. Everything else went over my head especially the talk about the moon and ten tails... Madara's a combination of Pein and Orochimaru >_>.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1]So Madara's plan this whole time was to put everyone under a genjutsu and essentially control the world.

From the Moon. (Nice timing, amirite?)[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

Link would own that **** in fewer than three days.

EDIT: Speaking of, I whipped this up just now ...

[center][IMG]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/3787/lolmoon.jpg[/IMG][/center]

[quote name='Magus'][size=1][color=navy]Haha, the only thing I'm interested at this point is the war. Everything else went over my head especially the talk about the moon and [B]ten tails[/B]... Madara's a combination of Pein and Orochimaru >_>.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well I'll be. This series has finally become a parody of a fanfiction of itself.

Mind=Blown[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Agree with Ace, Uchiha really has revealed itself as the parody we all thought it was.

And just wait for the realisation that the 10 tailed beast is just part of the sealed form of the 11 tailed beast who makes up the planet, but he's just part of the 12 tailed beast who makes up the solar system etc, etc, ad nauseum.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]I randomly browse this thread for a few pages, and the only conclusion that sticks in my mind is that Kishimoto is into Scientology.

Has to be.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I guess that explains the Fair Game letter I received, I'd originally thought it just a very late reprisal for that time in Melbourne when one of their cultists tried to recruit me and I simply laughed in his face and not very politely requested he go have intercourse with himself.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]I randomly browse this thread for a few pages, and the only conclusion that sticks in my mind is that Kishimoto is into Scientology.

Has to be.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]So Xenu crashed to Earth and split into nine smaller alien entities and the Church of Scientology kidnapped them all and hid them inside the bodies of their more prominent members?

Makes more sense than the Decepticon-esque "got knocked out on impact" theory.

It also explains why everyone hates Tom Cruise. He's Naruto.[/FONT]

[quote name='AJeh']I decided to come in here to apologise for saying you guys insult the writing way too much. Because last week's was retarded :animesigh[/quote]

[SIZE=1]Heh no worries AJeh, we all make the mistake of hoping Kishi pulls out something original and interesting every once in a while.

Well this week's chapter is a tad predictable, Madara and Taka have buggered off apparently and the Kages plus the Samurai Lord agree to form a six-nations alliance though Danzou is apparently going to be ostracised for fleeing and both Raikage and Tsuchikage support Kakashi taking over as the Alliance leader instead of him. They also agree the remaining Jinchuuriki need to be guarded/watched to prevent their capture.

Another big reveal is that Kisame can fuse with his sword Baishin from Bleach style in order to turn himself into a monster with tailed-beast level chakra and that he's found where Killer Bee has been hiding out and the two of them are going to duke it out next week.

So yeah, pretty predictable save for Kisame turning into a Bleach movie villain and my losing faith yet again in Kishi to do something original.
[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]I actually think this week's chapter might be a tad bit more decent than what we have been getting as of late.. But then again that's just me and my thought of Kakashi being temporary Hokage... "shrugs"

Gavin, go read One Piece.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy]I actually think this week's chapter might be a tad bit more decent than what we have been getting as of late.. But then again that's just me and my thought of Kakashi being temporary Hokage... "shrugs"

Gavin, go read One Piece.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote][SIZE=1]

Well that's what annoys me really, if Danzou is going to be overthrown so quickly as Hokage by the moderate faction then it was rather pointless for him to assume power in the first place. I don't mind Kakashi being made Hokage seeing as he's been the obvious choice for the 5th/6th Hokage for ages, although I would still prefer to see Naruto being developed in areas other than power so his eventual ascent to the position doesn't seem WTF-inducing.

As for One Piece, I've been tempted to for a while but getting into a 500+ chapter manga at the moment is a bit much for me.
[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]I'm just bias right now because Kakashi's the only character I can get into and I've decided to stop paying attention to the story.. "coughs" It's the only way I'm going to get any type of enjoyment out of this series. If I keep trying to follow the story I'll just end up dropping it again lol.

500+ chapters of epicness. (Serious epicness that gets better with each passing arc.) Ace can attest to that. But I gotcha.[/size][/color]