OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"][spoiler]Hinata's apparent death[/spoiler] [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I have my Caps Lock button at the ready and my rage meter prepared. Tonight/Tomorrow is do or die day.

Yeah I know I'm not supposed to be here anymore.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I'm laughing on the inside at everyone this is affecting. [size=1](Waits for someone to crush my spirit with a Kakashi/Itachi counter.... Curse you Kishi)[/size] This is the talk at a lot of forums lately. (Caused one to shutdown for the day... possibly) I'm just not a fan of hers, and while I do think it's messed up and stupid that Kishi seems to be killing off side-characters that we haven't seen much of anything lately, I just don't feel for her. Seriously, once she fought with mini-Byakuya, I knew from that point onward that I wouldn't like her. However, even with all that said, she has made herself useful unlike some damsel from another series... [spoiler]Orihime[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Ino's next. Then Choji, then Tenten, and then Sakura and finally Konoharmaru[/spoiler] I'm done tripping for the day now.

[quote name='Ikillion'][COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]

I have my Caps Lock button at the ready and my rage meter prepared. Tonight/Tomorrow is do or die day.

Yeah I know I'm not supposed to be here anymore.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]*Shrug* At this point I think Kubo is reaching critical mass on Naruto, his half-hearted story-telling and basically writing off long-standing characters for the sake of momentary tension has worn so thin I could floss my teeth with it. Really Pein's nothing more than a fodder-villain, backstory and bizarre world-view regardless he's simply a stepping stone for Naruto to move to his final showdown with Sasuke to settle everything. (I'm of the opinion Sasuke will kill Madara)[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"] (I'm of the opinion Sasuke will kill Madara)[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
The sad part is, I can actually see this happening. Madara dies because of old age so Sasuke wins yet again by another technicality... >_> The only fight this boy won since this time skip was against Deidara, and he blew himself up. But he pretty much had that fight in the bag anyway, so I guess that counts.

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Of course there's always the possibility it was a mis-translation.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

For Kishimoto's sake, it had better be. I mean, come ON! [spoiler]You can't kill Hinata![/spoiler] She's the only girl there who isn't a total you-know-what! 'Course I'm not counting what's-her-face because we don't know ******* about her. Oh! That's a better idea! Kishimoto should [spoiler]kill off[/spoiler] what's-her-face instead!:animesmil

go read it for your self. its up now....

[spoiler]That is bull crap. why Hinata? why when she confessed? damn you Kishi. kill of someone less cool. like sakura. or ino more likely. but she is dead. pity T_T.......and 6 tails is awesome. I love it.[/spoiler]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Eh, I wanted to rage, I really did but that has to be the most horrible death I've ever seen. I really don't know how to explain it, it just feels like something broke. And watch Hinata pull off a Kuwabara

also, 6 bone fox tail? really?[/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='Ikillion'][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"] that has to be the most horrible death I've ever seen. I really don't know how to explain it, it just feels like something broke.
also, 6 bone fox tail? really?[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I know it was a crappy death...stab....done. I was at least expecting a fight. or at least a lunge from naruto.

the bones overdo it but, 6 tails is pretty cool, in some ways

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hay guyz, I have good news! That wasn't Hinata who died there!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Aceburner85/Naruto437page10-OneManga_1235717700.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

This photographic evidence is irrefutable evidence that it's Sai in a wig and Byakugan contacts.

Either that or Kishimoto is a failure mangaka who can't even draw, much less write worth a damn.

I'm certain it's the former, though.

[spoiler]Eff. This. Crap.[/spoiler]

EDIT:

I'm not recapping this one, I hope you know. Even I can't save this crap.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Having already given up on the Naruto anime a few months ago I'm giving Kishi five more chapters before I give up on the manga too. Though I like a lot of the ideas going on in Naruto, the way Kishi seems to be haphazardly butchering is not something I'm going to continue wasting my time reading. Kishi has left so many glaring plot-holes while continuing to generate more and more makes me believe he's coming up with stuff up on the fly the night before.[/SIZE]

There's nothing to substantiate this possibility, given Kishimoto's recent character-killing spree, but it's not 100% that's Hinata's dead, at least not yet. Yeah, Pein said she died. He believed the same thing about Kakashi, but that wasn't the case, at least not at the time. Then there's the fact that Tsunade is fairly nearby. She's drained and whiny at this point, but still, she might prove useful. We can't forget that once upon a time Kishi had characters pull through really terrible injuries. Do we remember the other Hyuuga that was completely impaled and lived with Tsunade's treatment? Hinata could very well be dead, but we haven't seen her beheaded, so anything's possible. *shrug*

And by no means am I arguing that Kishimoto is not an idiot.

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Having already given up on the Naruto anime a few months ago I'm giving Kishi five more chapters before I give up on the manga too. Though I like a lot of the ideas going on in Naruto, the way Kishi seems to be haphazardly butchering is not something I'm going to continue wasting my time reading.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Aren't you being a little too generous by giving him 5 more chapters? lol.

[quote name='TwistedChick']Then there's the fact that Tsunade is fairly nearby. She's drained and whiny at this point, but still, she might prove useful. We can't forget that once upon a time Kishi had characters pull through really terrible injuries.[/quote]
Your hopes are set too high. Kishi's turned Tsunade into another damsel that relies too much on Naruto forgetting the fact that she "supposedly" can fight. She's just as useless as the rest of these cannon fodder characters.

Edit: Oh yeah, I did manage to see a picture of Naruto and the bones... I'm not impressed. If anything this boy has truly lost his advantage now. I don't want to underestimate Naruto's fox, but at the same time I don't want to over estimate Pein either, but these folks are made for fighting them Jin.......ki thingy's.

I hate to say this, but the Naruto series got worse after its first....Uhhh.....10 chapters or so! i'm not trying to be too harsh but the series needs to die. After you have a card game made in the likeness of the series, (besides Bleach) it's not as good, but this series just blows! Sorry for that and don't take it litterally but i think the series just lost it's shine, and then some.

[quote name='chibi-master']OH, GAWD, NOOO!!! It's the end of the world! Even Ace can't rescue this chapter?!:animecry:[/quote]

I don't normally post here since I, until recentally, only watched the anime. I've never really been into manga of any sorts, though I've checked out a few editions.

Now thanks to the raving about the most recent chapter I've decided to recap and catch myself up. And it seems to me that its in a downward spiral. I think it may be time to start thinking of a way to get out of the current situation and move on to something....out of the ordinary.

Now when I say I recapped I zoomed through....abbreviated versions of everything leading up to here so I could've missed something. But so far naruto's only managed 6 of the 9 tails. So the series has a way to go, but needs to go in a different direction.

And that's my advice that doesn't matter and that nobody will like (those who are avid fans at least).

[COLOR=#503F86]According to latest spoilers, [spoiler]Hinata is still alive, barely, and Zetsu turns up belatedly, to give Pein a hand. Sakura and Neji chat, as do Yamato and Anko. The chapter ends with Pein trying to perform a seal of some sort.[/spoiler] So that's... I dunno, slightly less bad?[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]According to latest spoilers, [spoiler]Hinata is still alive, barely, and Zetsu turns up belatedly, to give Pein a hand. Sakura and Neji chat, as do Yamato and Anko. The chapter ends with Pein trying to perform a seal of some sort.[/spoiler] So that's... I dunno, slightly less bad?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I guess...*sniffle* I just hope that somebody kills Pein soon, he's starting to get on my nerves. :animeangr

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Thing is, Kishi's put himself into the ultimate no-win situation here. If Hinata dies, he's wasted a perfectly good character for the sole purpose of needless dramatic buildup (for like the fifteenth time this arc.) There's no point to it, and he should have at least given her some damn exposure if he was gonna off her like that.

If she lives, then there was once again no point. She did something stupid for no reason. It wasn't a heroic sacrifice, because she couldn't have done anything. She jumped in front of a saw blade. Unlike bullets, those don't stop if they hit something. Plus, a lot of people have been predicting that this might lead to a rushed, narm-y guilt-fest romance. Naruto basically has no choice now if she does live, even if he doesn't really like her that way. She basically just tried to commit suicide out of infatuation and he'll probably end up feeling like he'd be a grade-a jerk if he doesn't at least go out with her when every bone in her body becomes lightly less shattered.[/FONT]

[COLOR=#503F86]Depends. It can be saved. To me, the only way out would be to have her fall into a coma; not dead but incapacitated, that Naruto can still feel guilty but we don't necessarily have to have the romance element. Or, once naruto's finished (presumably) slaying Pein, then she'll have a touching death scene.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]Depends. It can be saved. To me, the only way out would be to have her fall into a coma; not dead but incapacitated, that Naruto can still feel guilty but we don't necessarily have to have the romance element. Or, once naruto's finished (presumably) slaying Pein, then she'll have a touching death scene.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Oh God no, there's enough bad drama in this already without us bringing in coma love triangles, or depending on who you ask it could stretch far beyond even this web of complexity.

Oddly enough I don't believe that it's entirely lose-lose in this situation, yes if Hinata dies it will have been a waste of a perfectly good character in a very out of character move for her. If she lives though (and it's not played up too much) Naruto having to deal with exactly where his feelings lie could make an interesting sub-plot. It was I suppose an irrational move made on her part out of love, and I think we have to look at it in that context.

Besides it's debatable whether or not Naruto still has the same level of feelings he had for Sakura from before and whether or not she's developing feelings for him. Sure there's the Jiraiya/Tsunade parallel there but I think one of the big things about the new Sannin is that they won't repeat the formers mistakes. Or at least Naruto won't remake Jiraiya's ones if he can help it.

Overall I'm happy Hinata lived (at least for now) so Kishi gets another chapter extension on my reading.[/SIZE]

I saw the abridge series when I was searching for the REAL series a few weeks ago. I wrote it off as somebody being an idiot, and didn't even give it a chance over the first few minutes.

After watching that video though I think I'm going to have to start from the begining and give it a chance.

Also, you all should be ashamed of yourself. Hinata did a very stupid thing, and when we guys do stupid things for a girl we expect to be rewarded with at least a phone number, fake or real doesn't matter.

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']Also, you all should be ashamed of yourself. Hinata did a very stupid thing, and when we guys do stupid things for a girl we expect to be rewarded with at least a phone number, fake or real doesn't matter.[/QUOTE]
Goes to show you that I don't do too much for anyone XD