OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[quote name='d4wood']that is true we haven't seen yamato... he could be on a mission like gai's team or he could be that ANBU that was with tsunade[/QUOTE]

O~OR, he could be lazing around practicing his scary fish face with a flashlght, but who am I to judge? But I AM curious as to what the heck he's been doing this entire time...

[quote name='Magus']...I probably shouldn't even ask, but what is Hare Hare Yukai?[/QUOTE]

*edits post a thousand times before even posting due to rants* It's the AMAZING ending theme for the even more amazing manga/anime series "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya".

And Ace, give me back that 1: 30 of my life wasted by watching that crap. T_T

New chapter...

Well, I hate him, but I was impressed. (A tad bit) Every time Naruto learns something new, do he really have to say "I'll show you my new move" or something of that nature? It takes away what little approval I had for him.

That's 2 Pein bodies down. It's definately safe to say that Naruto's surpassed pretty much everybody.

[spoiler][size=1]The thought of Kakashi dying from chakra exhaustion is keeping me from getting any type of thrill from this whatsoever.[/spoiler][/size]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Yeah, it's good that Naruto is pulling out the new jutsu (did anyone else have a flashback to the Genki Dama on the Double/Giant Rasengan panels?), but at the same time, actually having real confirmation that Kakashi is gone is one of the saddest things I've read since I started Naruto all those years ago.

Unless Naruto has suddenly acquired Jesus no jutsu and brings him back with natural chakra. >.>; [/color][/size]

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1]Unless Naruto has suddenly acquired Jesus no jutsu and brings him back with natural chakra. >.>; [/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well why not? He can already walk on water!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA kill me.

Anyway, Chapter 431:

Pein is scared. I bet he's just now realizing that Kishimoto's horrible pacing is about to screw him big time. Naruto tells Gamachiki to get Tsunade out of the way because he definitely won't be needing any help in this fight against [strike]six[/strike] five extremely powerful opponents with mind links who can see through each others' eyes and all have a god complex. She gives him a good luck slug. He sticks it in his pocket, presumably so he can tease Sakura with it later.

OH BY THE WAY GUYS KAKASHI'S DEAD. JUST THOUGHT I'D REMIND YOU HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I hate this series, have I mentioned that lately?

Loli Pein summons a Rhinoceros, which Naruto gets pissed at for no reason and throws. There's this nonsensical cut during this part involving Tsunade and Sakura sharing some kind of sentiment that isn't fully explained because there's too much happening and you can barely recognize what the first two panels are supposed to represent. More animals, Naruto makes a face that I'm assuming would look less utterly retarded if I was reading a better scanlation. Fukusaku and Mama Toad jump up and emit a technique that basically amounts to singing so badly that Loli Pein's animal summons are physically wounded.

Oh boy you guys here it comes.

Naruto's about to use a new jutsu.

Know how I can tell?

He's cloning himself. THAT IS WHAT HE ALWAYS FREAKING DOES.

Two clones, making one giant Rasengan each. How unexpected, it involves Rasengan. Both of them collide with the summons, making it four fodders down and most of Pein still left. Stop wasting my time.

The big toads are about to do something cool. instead of seeing it, we're treated to more Naruto. He's about to attack Physical Pein.

"Naruto, ninja techniques won't work on this Pein! He'll absorb any Techs you use."

Freaking Navi Slug. Also, that just made me briefly compare Tales of Symphonia to Naruto. I didn't enjoy doing that to one of my favorite games to waste time on.

"Then I'll just use frog katas!"

...I am a martial artist. A Kata is a series of moves strung together in a pattern that almost looks like a dance. While they would hypothetically work in certain situations, it is STUPID STUPID STUPID to try to actually do them in the middle of a fight to the death.

Naruto throws a FALCON PAWNCH that affects Physical Pein in a way that only makes sense if he punched his freaking head off. It sends him spinning, head intact. Meanwhile, the Big Toads are finishing off the summon monsters. In the sky. Because fighting in the air is cool.

And Now Naruto's getting ready to nuke all of the Peins at once with his newest technique. This should definitely work, especially since Pein himself just nuked all of Konoha, failing to kill just about everyone but Kakashi and Shizune.

The end.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]There's this nonsensical cut during this part involving Tsunade and Sakura sharing some kind of sentiment that isn't fully explained because there's too much happening and you can barely recognize what the first two panels are supposed to represent.[/FONT][/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Actually, as I suggested earlier in the thread, it shows the image of Tsunade's body returning to her actual age rather than the visage she protects her 'looks' with. She's old.

With regards to Kakashi dying... I'm almost past hope that he's coming back, but I can't help but feel it's mentioned too often for it not to become a point for something else. Like when you build up a storyline for a surprise revelation to come back as something different (Itachi). I have a feeling Kishi would be up for pimping out a storyline like that just to try and build interest in a waning, fairly bloated combat storyline. After all, we were told Jiraiya was dead only twice, once when Pein confirmed it, and once when Tsunade told Naruto.

So that's my denial for you.[/COLOR]

Wow...I actually read this week's chapter...:animedepr

Y'know, every time Naruto sent an opponent into the air, I swear I heard "Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off aga~ain! *ping*". Was that just me?

And what Naruto did looked just like a regular old straight jab, NOT a kata. Like Ace, I'm a martial artist and have experienced katas (*twitches*). So Ace, I couldn't agree more with what you said about using an entire kata in the middle of a fight.

[quote name='Ace'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]...I am a martial artist. A Kata is a series of moves strung together in a pattern that almost looks like a dance. While they would hypothetically work in certain situations, it is STUPID STUPID STUPID to try to actually do them in the middle of a fight to the death.[/FONT][/quote][COLOR=#503f86]Being a martial artist as well, my understanding of katas is that they aren't just moves strung together for the sake of looking like a dance; they're applications of moves as if using them in a particular sequence, or a reference guide for the moves you've learnt. Hence, after learning the kata, you can apply the moves (bunshin) to a combat or sparring situation.

If you can assume Naruto's Sage Mode allows him to sense a series of attacks, he might know which parts of the kata would fit the situation. Which seems unrealistic.

Either way, it is a slight misappropriatioin by Kishimoto to call it a 'kata' rather than an attack or Frog Fu anyway.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503f86]Being a martial artist as well, my understanding of katas is that they aren't just moves strung together for the sake of looking like a dance; they're applications of moves as if using them in a particular sequence, or a reference guide for the moves you've learnt. Hence, after learning the kata, you can apply the moves (bunshin) to a combat or sparring situation.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well, yeah. That's true. Like I said, they would hypothetically work if the fight went exactly the way the kata does, but the odds of that happening are about as low as Cartoon Network realizing that most of their shows are crap and they really need to bring back the old Cartoon Cartoon Fridays lineup.

I'll just call it an inaccurate paraphrase. More or less the same thing Kishi did to the word, but slightly more accurate.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Admittedly I've become the one to defend Naruto in the face of claims that he's become uber-haxed since his trip to Toad Mountain several chapters ago. Having read spoilers for this week however I'm going to have to admit that he's gone from Genin to God-Slayer and it's coming off as cheap as Sasuke's power-ups.

First off Naruto has indeed learned how to throw the FRS demonstrating his new ability by slicing the long-haired Pein in half with ease. Next he fights Summon Pein within the bowels of Gamabunta (apparently) killing him as well before flying out of Bunta and Rasen-nuking two further Peins leaving only Yahiko left to face the Sennin's wrath...oh but then Naruto's Sage Mode ended (suspiciously quicker than Jiraiya's) thereby leaving Naruto open to a terrible ***-kicking in the next chapter.

I think we can confidently say Sennin Mode has been mistranslated and should be Super Saiyan. [/SIZE]

As cheap as Sasuke's power-ups... That should be cheaper than Sasuke's power-ups.

Going by that spoiler, he just wiped out 5 Pein bodies (5 Akatsuki members I suppose) with one move each... Took everyone else 4-6 chapters to kill a member of Akatsuki. (Sasuke too)

Sage Mode = Hollow mask. I wouldn't go so far to say Super Saiyan just yet. SS don't have a time limit.

Again, I don't even care at this point. I just want to see the real Pein and see Madara take off his mask. After that I'm done. [size=1]Kishi better stall as long as he possibly can with revealing those 2.[/size]

Edit: So Naruto can throw the Rasen star thingy, (I can't even remember the name of it lol) and it expands. I suppose it's a relief to get some variation and all, but I'm not impressed if that's what he's calling a new technique. (Then again, my patience has worn very thin and I'm just tired of the Rasengan. I officially hate that move now.)

So Naruto's still the idiot he use to be. To use an attack like that that saps up your one advantage over Pein. I don't even see why he needed to use that move in the first place seeing how he's taking everyone else out with a simple Rasengan or a wind-punch to the face.

The Rasenshuriken had the potential to take out all of Pain's bodies at once. If you've got a potential one-hit battle win like that up your sleeve, you'd be an idiot not to use it.

Quit your hatin', everyone. The Rasenshuriken is cool and you know it.

[quote name='Raiyuu']The Rasenshuriken had the potential to take out all of Pain's bodies at once. If you've got a potential one-hit battle win like that up your sleeve, you'd be an idiot not to use it.

Quit your hatin', everyone. The Rasenshuriken is cool and you know it.[/QUOTE]

Was cool. (Is, for everyone else, probably. I don't speak for everyone.) As I said before, I've grown tired of seeing the Rasengan. Seeing it being thrown at this point, while it's nice to see some variation (and we all knew it was going to be thrown at some point) I'm just not impressed.

So... If Naruto missed all those bodies with that attack and sage mode couldn't last afterwards, then what? It's a double-edge sword that shouldn't have been used liked that. And now look where it's got him. Sure it's down to one last body, but in the end he didn't get the job done.

[size=1]Unfortunately, I won't quit hatin until I get something good. So, yeah, cheers to ya :)[/size]

[quote name='Magus']So... If Naruto missed all those bodies with that attack and sage mode couldn't last afterwards, then what? It's a double-edge sword that shouldn't have been used liked that. And now look where it's got him. Sure it's down to one last body, but in the end he didn't get the job done.

[SIZE=1]Unfortunately, I won't quit hatin until I get something good. So, yeah, cheers to ya :)[/SIZE][/quote][COLOR=#503f86]Hang on a sec, let me just...

[/COLOR][quote=Magus]As cheap as Sasuke's power-ups... That should be cheaper than Sasuke's power-ups.
Going by that spoiler, he just wiped out 5 Pein bodies (5 Akatsuki members I suppose) with one move each... Took everyone else 4-6 chapters to kill a member of Akatsuki. (Sasuke too)[/quote][COLOR=#503f86]Aah yep, there it is :P You can't complain he's unrealistically haxxored and then complain that he's not powerful enough to destroy the last, most powerful of the bodies that he'd already defeated five of.

Had we had a greater build-up to the development of Naruto's powers (i.e., the series focusing on NARUTO, such is its name, than Sasuke), this bit wouldn't be so bad. I'm quite enjoying it at the moment.[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Meh having the read the chapter I'm a little more mollified at that fight given that Naruto only took out two of Pein's bodies at the cost of the vast majority of his Sage chakra. I have to agree with Magus here as well, the use of the FRS in that situation with four enemies left knowing it would consume the vast majority of his Sage chakra was a demonstration of Naruto's usual choice of firepower over tactics.

In reality this fight has now become the second part of Ichigo vs Grimmjow, Naruto's new power has allowed him to own the fight up until this point but now the pain (pardon the pun) is coming big time for him.

That said it's now God Pein versus the entirety of Konoha and I would argue that it is only when Pein has a multitude of bodies at his disposal he becomes S-Rank so mayhaps an ally will lead in to save the day, my personal hope being Guy as to avenge the death of his eternal rival.

Really what annoys me is this fight came off cheap when with the right writing (even if it took ten chapters) could have come off as a decent testament to Naruto's growth in skill.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503f86]Hang on a sec, let me just...

[/COLOR][COLOR=#503f86]Aah yep, there it is :P You can't complain he's unrealistically haxxored and then complain that he's not powerful enough to destroy the last, most powerful of the bodies that he'd already defeated five of.

Had we had a greater build-up to the development of Naruto's powers (i.e., the series focusing on NARUTO, such is its name, than Sasuke), this bit wouldn't be so bad. I'm quite enjoying it at the moment.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

You misunderstand. (Perhaps it's my way of wording.) I'm not saying he wasn't powerful enough. I'm saying he's stupid for using such an attack that possibly left him powerless. I'm asking too much here, but I would've preferred him to use his head a bit more when using such attacks instead of using those attacks to please the fans.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit when saying he's powerless. Who knows, Pein might actually retreat. :)

[COLOR=#503f86]Ah, fair enough. Sorry about that ^_~ I don't imagine Naruto's quite finished yet, though. He can still go Kyuubi on Pein if he needed to.

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']Really what annoys me is this fight came off cheap when with the right writing (even if it took ten chapters) could have come off as a decent testament to Naruto's growth in skill.[/SIZE][/quote]Yeah, definitely. I'm still hoping for some kind of redemption for Kakashi, but... well... I guess we'll need to wait for the end of this fight to find out just who out of Chouza, Shizune and Kakashi is really dead. I'm betting Tsunade's going to die or become useless very soon, too.

Correction: More useless.
[/COLOR]