OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503f86]You like say what now? o______o;[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Meh it's all down to how awesomely manipulative Kabuto is written in them, or the mutual loathing that goes on. They're not happy fics but they're often quite good reads.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503f86]In other news, I'd actually forgotten about Kabuto. I wouldn't particularly mind if Shizune died either. I think if Tsunade and Shizune both go then that's all but paved the way for the elder guy to take over, and for Naruto to come back and teach everyone what it means to be Hokage when Sasuke finally gets his sorry arse back to try and destroy everything, or something like that.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]
Well Pein looks as if he's going to withdraw now rather than continue to assault Konoha given he's found what he came there looking for. More likely Root and Danzo will choose this time to attempt their coup against the Hokage and may or may not succeed (it's hard to guess here). Possibly Tsunade might die against Danzo during the coup if Danzo is revealed in fact to be another of Madara's multitude of identites.

As for Naruto and Sasuke facing off, I reckon Naruto will intercept Sasuke either by chance or by choice in the Valley of the End for their rematch.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]Meh it's all down to how awesomely manipulative Kabuto is written in them, or the mutual loathing that goes on. They're not happy fics but they're often quite good reads.[/SIZE][/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Oh, I see. For a scary, scary moment I thought you were shipping the two >.>;

I'd like to see how this all turns out. Having re-read some of the earlier chapters I think it still has a lot going for it if Kishi can pull himself out of this fairly confused funk.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Actually I wouldn't mind seeing Kabuto make a reappearance in the near future, as villains went he was certainly interesting and dare I say it original. His skills would certainly be of use to Konoha now in dealing with another necromancer...[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[color=darkblue][size=1]I would actually love for Kabuto to make a reappearance. He's been one of my favorite characters since he first showed up way back in the Chuunin Exams. He's been the one character that's actually stayed fairly constant through the entire series, when you think about it.

Back in the day, he was smart enough to fool the entirety of the Genin population, not to mention the Jounin overseers back when everyone was actually competent. He also had POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!! when it came to actual combat and despite all the Time Skip shenanigans, he seems to have retained that level of superiority and even become more of a threat, it seems, with his gattai of insanity and death with Orochimaru.

When it comes down to it, he's definitely a contender for Best Villain of the Series.

So he needs to come back. Nao. >.>; [/color][/size]

[SIZE="1"]Well seems we've got plenty of spoilers for this week as Naruto's plot edges closer and closer to that of Dragonball Z. Without further adieu the spoilers themselves:

[QUOTE][FONT="Tahoma"][B]Verification:[/B] [B][COLOR="Green"]Confirmed[/COLOR][/B]

Real quick translation of the spoiler:

綱手はペインの能力を知っている
Tsunade knows Pain's ability
ペイン一旦退く
Pain pulls back temporarily
シズネ魂抜かれる
Shizune gets her soul ripped out
連絡おたまがフカサクのところへ(こうすけ兄ちゃんが名簿から消えたと伝える)
A messenger tadpole goes to where Fukusaku and Naruto are (*to tell them that Kousuke's name has disappeared from the the name list)
ペイン神羅天征をして木の葉大崩壊
Pain then uses Shinratensei to cause massive destruction to Konoha
ちなみに天道はやはり長門
And by the way, it seems that Tendou Pain really is Nagato
シマ様口寄せ使う
Shima-sama then uses a kuchiyose (*Shima-sama is probably Fukusaku's wife)

来週ナルト来る
Naruto is coming next week

大崩壊の木の葉に泣きそう
*The spoiler writer says that he/she feels like crying after seeing the destruction of Konoha

more from him:

綱手は足にチャクラを溜めてました
Tsunade was charging her legs/feet up with chakra
こうすけ兄ちゃんはダンゾウにやられた蛙です
Kousuke (from the spoiler above) is the frog that Danzou killed.
ペインの技は原爆並み?の威力です
Pain's technique is around as powerful as an atomic blast.
サクラが泣きながらナルト早く来て、とフリーザとかセルに仲間めちゃめちゃにされてゴクウが登場したみたい にナルトきそうです。ちょ っとウルっと きました。
Sakura is crying and hoping that Naruto will come soon. It seems like Naruto is going to have a dramatic entrance like in Dragonball when Goku comes back after badguys like Freeza and Cell have totally beaten the crap out of everyone and everything. Almost brings a tear to my eye (tugging on his heart strings and all that).
いや、俺が再来週のナルト登場思い浮かべ泣きそうでした。
Actually, just imagining the thought of Naruto appearing next week is almost enough to make me cry.
神羅天征はくまよりデイダラの最強技に近いかな
Pain's super Shinratensei is bigger than Kuma's paw bomb from One Piece and is more like Deidara's strongest technique.
天道が長門みたい。コナンが神羅天征やるまえに、命縮めるわよ長門って言ってました。
Tendou Pain is apparently Nagato. Right before Pain does Shinratensei, Konan says "You'll only shorten your life, Nagato."
ちなみにそれやるまえに天道以外のペインが全員倒れてしまいました。
And incidentally, right before he does Shinratensei all the other Pain bodies collapse.
シマサマは母ちゃん蛙です
Shima-sama is the mama frog (presumably Fukusaku's wife).
天道はまさに天から放ちました。コナンはどうなったかわからないけど、他ペインは使い捨てくさ い。
Tendou really seemed like he was radiating from Heaven (could be the technique or just a comment about Pain...a little vague). No idea what happened to Konan, but the rest of the Pain bodies appear to be totally disposable.
母ちゃん蛙はナルトもだろうけど、ブンタやブンタ以上の奴口寄せしそう。
Momma frog (and probably Naruto too), might summon a frog/toad that's possibly even higher up than Bunta.
最後は木の葉の鳥瞰画が見開きで。爆発とも口寄せとも取れるでかい煙りの描写。
The last scene is a bird's eye view of Konoha. We see a giant cloud of smoke that could be from an explosion or summoning.
サクラはナメクジに助けられて、目を開いたら崩壊した木の葉の里があって、涙ながらにナルトを 呼んだ。
Sakura was saved by one of the slugs and when she opens her eyes she sees Konoha damn near wiped out. As she cries she calls for Naruto.
エバレはまわりに人が多くてやばいのでゴメンなさい。。
The spoiler person mentions that there are a lot of people around him so he can't take any spoiler pictures (presumably with his cell phone)...
シズネは魂なのかムンクの叫びみたいなの抜かれてた
Shizune gets her soul or some thing pulled out of her (*that thing, the spoiler guy says, looks like it's out of "The Scream" by Munch.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Thoughts ?

I note the spot as Tsunade's assistant has opened up with the death of Shizune, Sakura's moving up in the world. Interesting that she also expects Naruto to be able to effectively counter an atomic weapon, mayhaps she expects him to be able to control the fully released Kyuubi as the Hachibi's Jinchuuriki can ? Bah I'm just waiting for the likely hundreds if not thousands of "Over 9000!!" tags to be added to pictures of Pein.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#503F86]I presume this means that Kakashi really is dead now. Bollocks.

I'm not so sure that Deva Pein is Nagato, though- it's been said loads of times that 'the real one isn't there' and that the bodies are all dead, so what I think that means is that is deifnitely Yahiko's body, but Nagato is using his chakra from wherever he is to create that attack.

But yay for making things interesting again, heh.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]It won't be over for a long time. You've got Kabuto, Killerbee, Konan, Pein, Madara, Sasuke, Danzo; all these antagonists and the interfill to go through before we're getting anywhere near an ending.

EDIT: Seen a spoiler in more detail and the Pein Konohamaru wanged wasn't killed; it gets up and is about to kill him and Ebisu when it gets deactivated. So that's good.
[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503f86]It won't be over for a long time. You've got Kabuto, Killerbee, Konan, Pein, Madara, Sasuke, Danzo; all these antagonists and the interfill to go through before we're getting anywhere near an ending.

EDIT: Seen a spoiler in more detail and the Pein Konohamaru wanged wasn't killed; it gets up and is about to kill him and Ebisu when it gets deactivated. So that's good.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Are we counting Kabuto and Killerbee as antagonists for the Leaf now ? Kabuto is pretty much his own faction now and has shown little interest in making enemies of Konoha, and as for Killerbee unless we consider his bad lyrics a form of attack he's pretty much a neutral as well.

I agree though that the series won't be over for a long time yet.
[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#503f86]And we haven't learnt [I]anything[/I] about Zetsu yet, either, more or less.

With regards to Kabuto, he is slowly becoming more Orochimaru by the minute, so I'm sure he'll find some way of involving himself as an antagonist. Didn't he say he was going to come back for Naruto at some point?

I confused myself about Killerbee, but either way there's still that whole story to play through.
[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503f86]And we haven't learnt [I]anything[/I] about Zetsu yet, either, more or less.

With regards to Kabuto, he is slowly becoming more Orochimaru by the minute, so I'm sure he'll find some way of involving himself as an antagonist. Didn't he say he was going to come back for Naruto at some point?

I confused myself about Killerbee, but either way there's still that whole story to play through.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]As I recall (thought I'm not 100% sure) Kabuto said he was fighting off the influence of Orochimaru from within the tissue he absorbed. Given that Itachi put a final end to Orochimaru in their last confrontation I imagine he may not have that problem any more, or maybe just less trouble dealing with it.

Either way it'd be annoying if a character as interesting as Kabuto just became another shell for Orochimaru who I'm rather sick of. I'd much rather see Kabuto become Konoha's resident mad scientist like [spoiler]Franken Stein from Soul Eater[/spoiler]

I'd actually forgotten somewhat about Zetsu, he's the only Akatsuki now who's abilities we still know nothing about damn mysterious plant-man.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Chapter 429:

Pein is headed for Frogland, so playtime has finally ended. Apparently without any Mighty Guys or Rockin' Lees. Or Neji and whatsername. Whatever, it still means Go-die-may lives for the time being.

Of course, Pein will never leave a place without giving a stupid, pointless and annoying speech about how horrible war is and how it causes nothing but death, destruction and pain and how he enjoys being a preachy sadistic jerk.

Meanwhile, Shizune just got her soul pulled out.

[SIZE="4"][B][I][U]WOOT![/U][/I][/B][/SIZE]

Sakura's having trouble keeping up with the casualties. ONE LESS TO WORRY ABOUT AMIRITE?

In the meantime, The frogs finally figured out that one of their comrades was ruthlessly murdered and they should probably check on it. I should like to point out that the tadpole reporting this seriously appears to be high.

Back on the ranch, Peins are vanishing. All except for Darth Pein, who apparently can fly. WTF. The others are in the forest, having a seance or something. Summoning a demon, maybe. The frogs are moving out. Kiba's mom is cracking lame jokes. Kishi can't decide what the hell he wants to show us. Shiba, as the high tadpole is called, is going to help Naruto and Fukusaku summon something that's probably big and destructive. Just what Konoha needs right now.

Speaking of which, Pein is usig some kind of lifespan-shortening technique. Apparently, it's....

A nuke? WTF.

Whatever, it makes me kinda wonder why he didn't do that in the firs place, if he's so obsessed with causing pain. I doubt it would kill an evil demon fox of doom, since the demon fox is a demon, after all.

Also, quick point about Kishi's crappy art. Sakura. I can't decide if she's got a black eye or if he just drew her ugly. Anyway, Guess who everyone wants to come back and save them all?

Naruto.

The only reason Pein is leaving is because Naruto isn't there.

Stupid, stupid ninja creatures.

End Chapter.[/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]It's not out yet, but spoilers are. I haven't seen a full script, though.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Do believe he means 430, which is out right now. Yay, holidays for throwing everyone off.

But yeah, 430 was...WTF-inducing, so it's following the standard right now. *shakes head*[/color][/size]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Yes, 430 is what I meant.

Now let us begin.

NARUTO HAS RETURNED!

Sporting a jacket that would look awesome, but really only serves to make that orange jumpsuit even more repulsive than usual. Nice coloring job, Kishi.

He's standing on a giant frog, which is also standing on a giant frog. This particular frog is standing next to two other frogs of similar height. That's one WTF strike. Two more and I will be quitting this chapter early and playing more Tales of the Abyss instead. It becomes more interesting this way, no?

Sith Pein approaches, preparing for the super major face-off that shouldn't be happening since our hero wouldn't be anywhere near Pein's tier if it weren't for Kishimoto's lack of storytelling ability. Naruto still hasn't figured out what the crater he's standing in is. In a marvelous display of selective monument survival, Mt. Rushkage is still standing, which serves to remedy the confusion.

Strike two, page 7.

And apparently everyone important survived the nuking. Strike thr-

OH SWEET FAILKAGE THE HAG IS DYING!

Alright, we're still on strike two. For now.

Nagato decides to focus all the chakra into Sith Pein for this fight. Because Jiraya was a toy, but his idiot apprentice with seven different attention span disorders is SRS BIZNESS.

Two and a half, just because I'm still feeling generous over the whole thing with Tsunade dying.

Lazer Brain Pein attacks Tsunade to finish the job, only to be OHKO'd by Naruto.

DAMMIT I CAN'T QUIT WITH ONLY ONE PAGE LEFT.

And with that, it seems he's surpassed everyone who ever came before him. The end and screw this bullcrap.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]I have to admit I didn't think badly of this week's chapter, in fact I consider it to be one of the better ones in recent weeks. Sure there were a few lapsed moments, such as Robo-Pein coming back to life yet again though his subsequent ignominious death was welcome and the Failkage apparently having pulled a suicide-for-the-village-no-jutsu makes relatively little sense in the grand scale of things given how little she actually bloody fought.

One thing about Naruto not recognising he's in Konoha might be because he didn't know Pein has been there and trashed Konoha royally. Remember all Naruto knew was that the messenger toad was dead, for all he knew Chouji just got hungry for some French cuisine. That said he acquitted himself pretty well for a lad whose home, sensei and favourite ramen shop in the world are all gone.

Give it time, things are starting to look up.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE="1"']Give it time, things are starting to look up.[/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Excuse me while I spew my soda all over my monitor.

[I]Seriously[/I], Gav? :animesmil I think I remember saying the same thing when that Farscape mini-series was announced to appease the hordes of us crying for our promised season. And we all know how [I]that[/I] turned out.

On the upside, I might actually start reading this thing, just so my current chuckles can be magnified to a laughter somewhat more riotous. And then Ace-ole-boy'll have one more viewer!

[spoiler]Yes, Gavin, I [I]am[/I] going to continue to make fun of you for having hope. It's what I do. (^_^)[/spoiler][/FONT]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]I have to admit I didn't think badly of this week's chapter, in fact I consider it to be one of the better ones in recent weeks. Sure there were a few lapsed moments, such as Robo-Pein coming back to life yet again though his subsequent ignominious death was welcome and the Failkage apparently having pulled a suicide-for-the-village-no-jutsu makes relatively little sense in the grand scale of things given how little she actually bloody fought.

One thing about Naruto not recognising he's in Konoha might be because he didn't know Pein has been there and trashed Konoha royally. Remember all Naruto knew was that the messenger toad was dead, for all he knew Chouji just got hungry for some French cuisine. That said he acquitted himself pretty well for a lad whose home, sensei and favourite ramen shop in the world are all gone.

Give it time, things are starting to look up.[/SIZE][/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Same here. With regards to Tsunade though, while she fought against Orochimaru, she is primarily a healing ninja, and as Hokage, rushing into a battle that would potentially get her killed would leave Konohagakure without a leader at a time it desperately needs someone to govern it. It makes less sense for her, now vowed to defend her village, to rush off on her own agenda when she'd already been concentrating her chakra into Katsuyu for the entire battle previous. To be honest, though, she's still been less than impressive in her role, doing far less than we saw of the Third, and even the Fourth given how little he's been in the story; they weren't surgically attached to their chairs, for one thing. Does Tsunade actually leave her office?

I don't think it's unreasonable for Naruto to not know where he is, either. He appeared in a massive veil of smoke. I bet if you were blindfolded and put in the middle of a field somewhere that was chock-full of smoke [I]you[/I] wouldn't know too well where you were either >.>;

I'm a little annoyed Pein-o-matic has revived himself, though. It would've been better to stick with the one body that hadn't been expunged; I think it'd make for a juch more dramatic fight.

Anyone else notice Kakashi's lost his forehead protector? Symbolic, or irrelevent?[/COLOR]