OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1]...At this point, I don't know what to expect. And not in the good CLAMP way. In the bad "WTF are you doing writing?" way.[/color][/size][/quote]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah that's pretty much what I meant, at this stage with the plot and Madara's multiple personalities you just really don't know what is going to happen.

And I actually just had a really morbid thought, if Kakashi is actually 100% definitely dead who's getting his Sharingan eye ? We know they keep working even after the user dies and a Mangekyou variety of the eye would be a powerful asset to any ninja of Konoha. Naruto would be one possible candidate but I don't think the plot would allow it, Sakura doesn't need it, though she'd probably try to have Uchiha babies by using the DNA. Thoughts ? [/SIZE]

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1]No GIGA DRILL BREAKAAAAA!! for him. His awesome level isn't high enough.

Not even Kamina can save Kishi now.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Feh Naruto has his moments when he's not acting like an idiot, I think he's plenty capable of earning the right to use a Giga Drill Rasengan. ¬_¬

I mean imagine this: Naruto drops down into the centre of Konoha during the battle against Pein on Gamabunta in his father's old clothes with the sun cast against him so people can't see his face. Pein looks up and asks "Who is it?", while a couple of people starting saying out "Yondaime" and "Yondaime has come back to save us". Happily Ever After from TTGL is playing in the background as Pein dispatches Fat Melee Pein to deal with the new intruder who promptly leaps from Gamabunta charging a Rasengan with one hand and slamming it into the FM Pein who laughs off the attack saying it's not going to harm him:

"Hissatsu! GIGA DRILL RASENGAAANNN!!"

Rasengan curls into a drill shape, goes through FM Pein killing him and Naruto lands about ten or twenty feet from Pein asking him "Who the hell do you think I am ?"

Tell me that isn't awesome ? Fanfic-y as hell yes, but awesome none the less.

[b][Edit][/b] [url=http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=q_ls5IP-SCA]TTGL Simon Giga Drill Breaker[/url]. Actually listen to that while reading that idea and substitute in some of the dialogue like "My father's dead, but in my heart and on my back he lives on" and then tell me it's not composed of 100% Gar-ness.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Feh Naruto has his moments when he's not acting like an idiot, I think he's plenty capable of earning the right to use a Giga Drill Rasengan. ¬_¬

Tell me that isn't awesome ? Fanfic-y as hell yes, but awesome none the less.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Because Naruto's an idiot, and I'm anti-Naruto, I don't think anything that Naruto does would be considered "awesome". Ever. I'm also anti-Kiba, but a drill would be more fitting to him. (He is a drill afterall.)

Just notice... Giga Drill? Huh? Edit: Nevermind, I see TTGL... [spoiler][size=1]No fan... ignore me[/size][/spoiler]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Feh Naruto has his moments when he's not acting like an idiot, I think he's plenty capable of earning the right to use a Giga Drill Rasengan. ¬_¬[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]He's failed to perform a proper gattai, which is a basic requirement for using Giga Drill Breaker. On top of that, it looks like he's probably going to cheat with another clone again to compensate, thanks to those 2 or so pages from the last chapter. Such failure removes Naruto from his GAR privileges for at least another 28 chapters and I doubt Kishi has the writing prowess to pull off the hot-blooded speech of epic win it took to make 3 episodes of Emo!Simon worth sitting through just for that one scene in episode 11.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. There was the notable exception of [spoiler]Kittan[/spoiler], but it was his dying moments and he pulled it off with manly fervor that would have made Kamina proud to witness, so he gets past the gattai rule.[/FONT]

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE="1"]Happily Ever After from TTGL is playing [B]in[/B] the background [B]as[/B] Pein dispatches Fat Melee Pein [B]to[/B] deal [B]with[/B] the new intruder [B]who[/B] promptly leaps [B]from[/B] Gamabunta charging a Rasengan [B]with[/B] one hand and slamming it [B]into[/B] the FM Pein [B]who[/B'] laughs off the attack saying it's not going to harm him:[/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I don't think there were enough prepositions in that sentence. Come on, [COLOR=DarkRed]Gavin[/COLOR], surely you can do better.

Sadly, I'm afraid that Kishimoto would have a [I]lot[/I] of pre-scene justification to do before that idea could be called epic. Although now that we're ripping off franchises, I [I]do[/I] see a text box appearing on the bottom of the screen that says "It's not very effective...." And then FMP uses Body Slam and we're rid of one more nuisance. Hoo-ahh.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Feh fine I'll just keep that little slice of perfection to myself then. ¬_¬

On the Gattai! segment Ace Naruto is already permanently combined with the Kyuubi so technically he would be attempting a triple combination rather than a double variety. Mayhaps if the Kyuubi was developed more than this point would be a little more obvious as opposed to him being just a super-powered evil side.

Oh well. Fine, fine we'll leave the TTGL crossovers and just go back to complaining how bad the plot is, how haxed Sasuke can become, how nerfed Naruto and Kakashi become and generally what idiots we are to keep faith in this series.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Oh well. Fine, fine we'll leave the TTGL crossovers and just go back to complaining how bad the plot is, how haxed Sasuke can become, how nerfed Naruto and Kakashi become and generally what idiots we are to keep faith in this series.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I laugh at you and anyone else that've put faith in the series. However, I am also an idiot for getting so bored to the point to where I'm forced to read it.

[quote name='Magus']I laugh at you and anyone else that've put faith in the series. However, I am also an idiot for getting so bored to the point to where I'm forced to read it.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yep so let's all just mope here together in our collective stupidity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]Are we sure some fanfic writer hasn't hijacked his studio?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Fairly, I imagine the writing might actually improve if that happened.

Anyway spoilers for this weeks chapter are out and if people thought that the fights in Konoha nerfed Kakashi you're just going to love this:

[QUOTE][FONT="Tahoma"]捕まる木の葉丸。助けようとエビスが突進するが跳ね返される。捕まりながらもペインの能力を見 定めはじめる 木の葉。が、魂が抜かれていく。そんな中、ナルトとの修業を思い出す。

Konohamaru gets caught. Ebisu charges in attempt to rescue him, but gets fended away. Even when caught, Konoha (maru) tries to decipher Pein's powers. But, his soul gets slowly dragged out. During that moment, he remembers the training he went through with Naruto.

そしてペインに捕まっていた木の葉が煙りに、そして螺旋丸!!!

Smoke surrounds Konoha(maru) and then Rasengan!!

猿飛一族の下忍、性は猿飛名は木の葉丸。覚えておけ、コレ!!!

I am genin of the Sarutobi clan, last name Sarutobi, first name Konohamaru - remember that!!

ペインやられる。
Pein is defeated

綱手とペイン。会話から弥彦と気付いたみたい。
Tsunade and Pein. From conversation, it looks as though she realized that this is Yahiko.

ナルトの居場所を問いただすペイン。
Pein asks where Naruto is.

そのあと何やら人柱力、戦争について話す。そして協力するなら助けるとペイン。五影をなめるな と綱手。そし てナルトは手に入らない、ナルトは強いぞ!!!!!!
Then they start babbling about Jinchuuriki's and wars. Pein says that he will spare her life if she cooperates. Tsunade tells him to not underestimate the 5-kages. And tells him that he won't get Naruto, as Naruto is strong as well.

ペインの情報を暗号部と話し合うシズネたち。
Shizune's group is talking to the Angou-bu (code-deciphering group) about the information they have on Pein.

死体を操るチャクラ信号の秘密に気付き始める。
They start to realize the nature of the chakra signals manipulating these dead bodies.

そのとき長髪のペインが登場。シズネの頭を掴み、うかつに動いたらこの女を殺すと一言。
The long-haired Pein appears. He grabs Shizune's head, and threatens to kill her if anyone moves.

そして頭の中を覗かれ、妙木山にナルトがいることが知られる。
He peers into her head and finds out that Naruto is in Myoubokuzan.

天道にも信号が送られ来週へ。
Tendou-pein gets this message - on to next week[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I have to say I really find this baffling if this is indeed what happens. I like Konohamaru as a character for some inexplicable reason and do believe he's next in line for the big seat in Konoha after Naruto, but really this defies all belief. Firstly it means Konohamaru has learned an A-Rank jutsu (I'm curious whether or not he needs the clone to do it like Naruto) and secondly it means he's been more successful than Kakashi which is ludicrous.

Anyone else got thoughts on this or shall we go back to debating who gets Kakashi's eye now that he doesn't need it anymore ?[/SIZE]

[quote]猿飛一族の下忍、性は猿飛名は木の葉丸。覚えておけ、コレ!!!

I am genin of the Sarutobi clan, last name Sarutobi, first name Konohamaru - remember that!!
[/quote]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You nerfed my idol's sensei. Prepare to die.

Yeah, too bad Konohamaru sucks [I]more[/I] because of this. Seriously, he should have been either left as comic relief or Kishi should have taken steps to ensure that it was possible to take him seriously before now.[/FONT]

[quote= Whoever]Smoke surrounds Konoha(maru) and then Rasengan!!

猿飛一族の下忍、性は猿飛名は木の葉丸。覚えておけ、コレ!!!

ペインやられる。
Pein is defeated[/quote]
You gotta be ###### me. This has gone from nerfed to straight BS. [spoiler]Hitsugaya beating Halibel[/spoiler] is more reasonable than this garbage.

Let me know when Kishi comes to his senses and put out something decent.

Konoharmaru.. "shakes head"

Even if Kakashi's alive, this type of stuff makes me not even want to see anything else affiliated with Naruto.

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Yeah, too bad Konohamaru sucks [I]more[/I] because of this. Seriously, he should have been either left as comic relief or Kishi should have taken steps to ensure that it was possible to take him seriously before now.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I think that's the real kicker here if developed properly Konohamaru is effectively one more link in the great ninja chain extending down from the Shodaime but it seems Kishi isn't sure whether he wants him to provide comic relief or be serious hero material, quite like the way he portrays Naruto really. Either way thought he idea that he could beat an S-Rank ninja alone with one technique stinks of bad plot rather than hax.[/SIZE]

Against my better judgment, I went on ahead a read the new chapter anyway >_>, and I regret doing so, too.

[quote name='Me]Anyway, so is Sasuke going for those 2 elders and Danzou or the entire leaf village? Chances of reviving his clan has gone from slim to bleak. [b']Then again, with Naruto and Konoharmaru always turning into women...[/b][/quote]
So if I recall the first thing I saw from Konoharmaru's flashback training was him and Naruto turning into women. I swear if I didn't know any better, Kishi is definately aiming for that theoretic garbage.

Apparently, Konoharmaru learning the rasengan has stirred up something at other forums... Honestly, I don't care about him learning an A rank jutsu. What's still pissin me off is Konoharmaru defeating a Pein. With the use of a shadow clone at that. And you mean to tell me Kakashi couldn't do the same thing...? Garbage. (Not exactly defeat jedi-Pein, but you know... he's a clone wizard.)

[COLOR=#503F86]To be fair, it was a very small Rasengan, and we don't know that he's actually harmed Pein, except for slamming him inot the wall.

Although assuming he is gone, we've got how many Peins left, three or four? And once this one's finished with Tsunade, they'll all be heading to the Froggiest Place on Earth to meet Mickey Naruto. Although we've got Gai's team coming in at some point, I hope.

I am getting a mite fed up with Pein at the moment if I'm honest. Six separate battles running at the same time does not for good sequential storylines make.[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]OK having read this week's chapter just now I have to say I still don't like the idea of Konohamaru beating (if that is indeed what happened as it's not very clear one way or another) one of Pein's bodies in combat, especially as he pulled Naruto's patented Dummy Bunshin/Rasengan combo to do so.

One of the things that I don't get though is why Konohamaru needs two clones to pull off the move, given Naruto's chakra moulding is abysmal it's never been stated Konohamaru has the same problem. Perhaps it's just he learned the same method.

The rest of the chapter wasn't bad though, well except for the fact we only had theories confirmed rather than anything major revealed. I think now Kakashi and/or Jiraiya may be revived to replace the bodies Pein has lost so far, given his art of necromancy.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#503F86]Ooh, Naruto having to face off against Jiraiya Pein! Although his body sunk into the marsh, so maybe it won't happen. And it would be too interesting for Kishi to put into play when he could just as easily choose another three chapters of "ZOMFG We know what Pein's secret is lolollloolool!"

And Kakashi's not confirmed dead yet, so shush >.>;[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]And Kakashi's not confirmed dead yet, so shush >.>;[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]The operative word being "yet" my dear friend. Funnily enough Kakashi would probably finally actually have the power we all expected of him post timeskip if that were to happen.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I think now Kakashi and/or Jiraiya may be revived to replace the bodies Pein has lost so far, given his art of necromancy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

:catgirl: Nice to see some people are coming around to my early prediction.

Flipping between so many Peins should quit pretty soon, if not immediately, since they've realized Naruto's elsewhere. But, if they skip town before killing Tsunade, I'll be mighty disappointed. If the only real character of interest to have died in this village-wide battle is Kakashi, I'll be rather put out.
[SIZE="1"](I have this mental projection of how awesome Kakashi really [I]should[/I] be and always judge him as a character based on that. So what if Kishimoto lost his little brain and forgot how awesome a character with such room for growth and improvement he'd created, going on to let him improve in stamina only (and apparently that stamina only comes into play under certain non-mangekyou using circumstances). That won't mar Kakashi in my opinion.)[/SIZE]
I don't particularly dislike Tsunade as a character, I just want it to be verified that Kakashi really was too out of his league against Pein. I still won't be satisfied, but it'll be closer to what I could accept. (and we all know Kishimoto is writing precisely to satisfy my wishes (or any other fan's for that matter)) XP

[color=darkblue][size=1]At this point, I wouldn't be surprised is Kabutorochimaru came out of nowhere and said "Hay guise, it was me the WHOLE TIEM! :D" considering the fact that once again, we're going back to that old super-villian classic motivation, "I wanna live forever."

Also, necromancy was Orochimaru's specialization back when he was actually Public Enemy #1, so taking into account the current plot (or lack thereof), there's just as much logic in that outcome as anything else happening. --;

As far as Kakashi goes, I would love for him not to be dead. He's one of my favorite characters even beyond the fact that he was the Ninja Idol back before the Timeskip of WTF-ery into the Era of Emo and LOLHAX. But it's increasingly likely that the man really is gone and there's no bringing him back unless whoever the real Pein is goes along with what the fans are expecting and reanimates him as a new Pein, thereby casting Auto-Angst on Naruto and making another overly-complicated battle pretense for the future. *sigh*

...WHY DO I KEEP READING THIS. --;[/color][/size]

[SIZE="1"]Actually I wouldn't mind seeing Kabuto make a reappearance in the near future, as villains went he was certainly interesting and dare I say it original. His skills would certainly be of use to Konoha now in dealing with another necromancer and I've always had a weird liking for Kabuto/Sakura fics. O_o[/SIZE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Chapter 428

We begin with Konohamaru playing tag with Dementor Pein. Pein is "it" and Konohamaru is screwed. Tag. Ebisu comes to the rescue, only to get kicked in the throat, once again rendering this village's ranking system completely useless just because Konohamaru is still breathing. The interrogation begins, and Kono doesn't give up any information.

Ooh, a training flashback. Yippee, we get to see Naruto teach Konohamaru Stripper no Jutsu in past tense.

Oh, he's teaching him Rasengan. Which Kono immediately uses, coupled with two shadow clones, to one-hit own Pein.

TIME THE HELL OUT.

No, there are precious few words in the English language to accurately describe how stupid, mixed up, badly executed, overpowered, and just plain wrong that was. Carry on, my wayward son.

TIME IN AGAINST MY BETTER JUDGMENT.

Now he's smack-talking the soul-devouring demon man. Who the hell do you think you are, kid?

Cut to Tsunade and Darth Pein. There is indeed recognition, as well as much Pein being full of himself again. Apparently, Pein is a terrorist for removing demon animals more powerful than Nukes from circulation with as little bloodshed as possible. That sick freak, looking out for the good of mankind. Anyway, much boring talk of things we already know occurs, concluding with Tsunade once again putting way too much faith in a child with one of the most volatile forces of destruction known to mankind under his very irresponsible care. The fact that he has the attention span of a gnat does not help.

Cut to the Exposition Squad, who have finally put together what we've known for about two or three months now. The six Peins are being controlled by something else. Thank you, Obvious Brigade.

Suddenly, a bunch of spontaneous action occurs and Shizune gets kidnapped.

...Let her die. She's not really much help to anyone anyway.

Oh, but she is. Her weak, brittle mind has revealed to all six of Pein that Naruto is out doinking around in Frogland.

The End.[/FONT]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]His skills would certainly be of use to Konoha now in dealing with another necromancer and I've always had a weird liking for Kabuto/Sakura fics. O_o[/SIZE][/quote][COLOR=#503f86]You like say what now? o______o;[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]In other news, I'd actually forgotten about Kabuto. I wouldn't particularly mind if Shizune died either. I think if Tsunade and Shizune both go then that's all but paved the way for the elder guy to take over, and for Naruto to come back and teach everyone what it means to be Hokage when Sasuke finally gets his sorry arse back to try and destroy everything, or something like that.[/COLOR]