OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[SIZE=1]Naruto give up his moronic plot to save Sasuke from his own free-will and come back to the village his clan plotted to overtake for generations only to be killed off by their own most powerful members at the behest of the Village Elders ? What foolishness you speak.

Naruto needs a Bright Slap, or a Kamina "Clench your teeth" punch, I really don't care at this point but I'm losing all hope for him as a hero. He wants to be Hokage but doesn't want to make any of the difficult choices that come with the office, Kage strength with a Genin mentality and worse his idiocy seems contagious.

As I've said God knows how many times before Naruto needs to grow up, desperately. Yes there is a nobility in his intent, but there's also tremendous levels of stupidity as well. Jiraiya was just as good a friend to Orochimaru as Naruto was to Sasuke, but even Jiraiya accepted the fact he couldn't save Orochimaru from himself. I suppose it's equally bad that Sasuke displays the same level of maturity as Naruto with his core mentality being "I will do whatever the hell I want and justify it with some ****** claim of vengeance".

There comes a time when he simply has to put away childish concepts he's carrying around, Nagato should've been the villain to really drill it into Naruto's head that growing up means dealing with loss and making adult decisions which don't boil down to "it's my ninja way to want to go back to a carefree childhood", but no, Naruto's stupidity infected him and he gained the Deus Ex Machina power of resurrecting everyone he'd killed at the cost of his own life effectively affirming Naruto's childish point of view (not even mentioning the Chosen One ********).

I have to say for a long time I've considered Sakura a waste of space, but the fact she's actually accepting that even if she loves Sasuke she and Konoha have a duty to prevent him starting a war or helping it continue which will cost lives has changed my opinion quite a bit. She knows she's walking into a fight she probably won't walk out of as well, Sasuke and Naruto are well beyond her in much same capacity Jiraiya and Orochimaru went beyond Tsunade but she's at least willing to try to make things right.

Naturally of course Naruto will reject the logical point of view (what measure are Sasuke's prior victims against my friendship with him) and likely convince Sakura to join up with him in trying to bring Sasuke back again. I'm actually half-hoping, even though I like new Sakura, that Sasuke kills her simply to breach Naruto's thick f'ing skull that he is not his friend anymore and that he doesn't give two shits about Naruto's desires for reuniting Konoha.

Seriously Kakashi, take the lad aside and explain it to him, in clear words that he needs to grow the hell up. Innocent people are going to die, you have a moral obligation to free the moron from his childish dreams of a perfect world. Hell as the Hokage you're duty bound to protect the villagers and ninja within, so protect Naruto by protecting him from his own foolishness.

/RAGE!!!!

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/20qi7hk.png[/IMG]

That truly is the most disgusting looking thing I've seen in the series so far.
[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]I suppose I'm the only one that don't find anything wrong with all the eyes in Danzou's arm. Hiei (YYH) had eyes all over his body when he transformed... So yeah..

Nothing special about this chapter either.

Edit:

However, what I do find interesting are the two folk that's working with Danzou. What relation do they have to Shino (is that Shino's uncle?) and Ino?[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]Well aside from the initial disgust, it's more so, how exactly does he implant eyes in his arm without all the necessary nerves and tissue to make them function. Of course Danzo is hunting Kabuto to help heal his eye and arm apparently.

Also [I]Sharingarm [/I]as it's been dubbed is just so terribly lame it fits this haxy weapon perfectly.

As for Fu and Torune, I imagine it's simply down to the fact there may even be supporters of Root and Danzo among Konoha's staunch loyalist clans. Interesting turn of events.
[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]Hopefully Naruto will finally get a reality check after going through what he's going through because he really needs to give up on saving Sasuke. The more he goes on about trying to save him or bring him back the more tempted I am in dropping this.

I did like Sasuke's use of Susanoo though. Too bad Danzou is more experienced because that would've been such a crappy death.

Decent chapter, but nothing spectacular either.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]Agreed, I still think the only way Naruto is going to get his reality check is if Sasuke himself beats it into Naruto and even then it's not guaranteed to take.

I'm genuinely curious about the genjutsu Danzo used on Sasuke, if that was indeed what it was. After all Sasuke did still have blood on his face after Danzo reappeared behind him. Oh well, apparently we're getting into a repeat of "it was all just a genjutsu" from the Sasuke/Itachi fight, which is rather fitting I suppose given that fight just featured in the anime.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]You know for the first time in a long time one of Kishi's last page reveals actually has me going "Oh cool, I'm looking forward to the next chapter". Perhaps it's just because it's Itachi, or perhaps it's because Sauce and Dan Elephant are throwing around hax jutsu but the sudden return of the original (and only) badass Uchiha has me rather excited.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Susanoo has six fingers on his right hand.

Someone was looking for him.

Also, Danzou overlooked something pretty blatant with whatever surgery gave him that arm. He grafted multiple instances of the most vulnerable part of the human body all over his right side. You can beat him by poking him in the palm of his hand.

And no one dies in this series. Who wants to take bets Jiraiya will be attending his own funeral?[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]As a sidenote, screw this series [B]One Piece[/B] is better.[/FONT][/quote]
[SIZE=1]
Having lost the will to continue a hundred and twenty something chapters in after the same formula of plot regurgitation of gather crew-member beat villain seemed in full effect I must respectfully disagree my friend.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]
Having lost the will to continue a hundred and twenty something chapters in after the same formula of plot regurgitation of gather crew-member beat villain seemed in full effect I must respectfully disagree my friend.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=navy]I agree with Ace. Oda handles a lot of things way better than Kishi. Characterization is handled a lot better in One Piece than Naruto. (I actually enjoy main characters for once) The "friendship" theme is handled better. The only thing I'd actually give Naruto over One Piece is the artwork. One Piece is an ugly series. And unlike Naruto, each arc in One Piece gets better and better. Everything tends to pick up during when the crew ends up in Logue town. (pick up a tad bit anyway)

But at least you tried :) And all fails when compared to Rurouni Kenshin... MWAHAHAHA "coughs" sorry.[/color]

[quote name='Magus'][COLOR=navy]Characterization is handled a lot better in One Piece than Naruto. (I actually enjoy main characters for once) The "friendship" theme is handled better.[/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=1]I may try the series again in a few days (after The Lost Symbol anything will seem good) as I did like the majority of the characters with the exception of Luffy himself who has moments of such dire stupidity I want to tie an anchor to his legs and toss him into the sea. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]I may try the series again in a few days (after The Lost Symbol anything will seem good) as I did like the majority of the characters with the exception of Luffy himself who has moments of such dire stupidity I want to tie an anchor to his legs and toss him into the sea. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=navy]Completely understandable seeing how I didn't start liking Luffy until the Enes Lobby and Thriller Bark arcs. His stupidity was really annoying, but his loyalty to his crew was what won me over, especially during the Enes Lobby arc.[/color]

[quote name='Magus'][SIZE=1][COLOR=grey]Man, no chapters of anything for 2 weeks really sucks. I really do want to see more of what Danzou is capable of, not to mention this whole Itachi thing.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Agreed. That's why I thought last week's chapter was this week, which would've made things a little easier with only a week of a break in between each.
[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1][color=darkred]I thought the chapter was decent. Yep, haxxed. to the fullest. Sasuke reminded me of Vegeta or one of them powering up in anger. Danzou, for me just became the most interesting character in this series.[/size][/color]