OtakuBoards

End of High School

Crazy Ace

I am in my last year of high school and now that I look back at it I feel like time has flown by so fast. Have anyone of you ever felt like this before? I'm telling you guys now that even though you may not like school and yes it does suck and is boring but now that I look back at my time in school from grade one untill now, there are alot of memories and good times so enjy them while you have them. I go to a school where alot of the kids have been there since pre-reception and even though some of them have been there all of their lives and should be sick of the place really feel bad about about leaving.

YAYAYAYA finally then end of High School is approaching, it seems like a lifetime but now we get to graduate and sleep in some more during the week :animesmil Not to mention there's a lot of things to look forward to when High School is over, like Senior Week and finding a good paying job (better that original), also the joy that going to college is the best thing that could ever happen :animesmil

Yay Class of 2006!!!!

I hate school.You trying doing freshman year 3 times!! It is not fun. I am so sick of school I could throw up. The sooner it ends the better. I suppose if you have friends it makes school bearable. But being a loner makes the days extremely long, and the weeks seem like years.

i use too feel the same way about school, but not no more i can't what to get out of school. this is my last year too and i tell you i hate my school, i can't wait to leave that place. My school sucks and i can't wait till june so i can leave.

[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]
I'm a senior as well in highschool. I'm going to miss a lot of people, a lot of friends. Hell, i even like a girl, unfortunately she's a sophomore and it wouldn't last more than a couple months anyways because i'm graduating and going off to college, so that's a bummer. I'm going to have to make new friends and say goodbye to old ones. It'll be a sad day.

Luckily i'm also excited about going to college and moving on. I'm gonna make new friends! I'm going to be on my own! Blah blah blah, etc. etc.!!!! ^J^

Later.

[/COLOR] [/FONT]

[SIZE=1]I'm only a Junior in High School, but I already know I'm going to be missing it. I don't want to leave all the friends I've made behind. We're all splitting up and going to different colleges and what not.

And so many memories...not all good, but there has to be a few bad ones to balance. I'm going to be bawling my eyes out after graduation. I admit, one of the toughest girls at her school is going to break down and cry for a little while, it's just that powerful.

Fortunately, there are opportunities to find others with common interests to start relationships with, so not all is lost. The experience itself is going to be so...weird...[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I feel so young, I am only graduatuating my first year of high school and let me tell you I feel so BLAH! that I think I may be able to handle the next three years in one piece. This first year alone felt a lot like death. I can't even see how all of you in your senior year or in college. Man I feel that I may not even survive it right now. Blah.

Yet now what I feel though is probaly the exact same feeling that a bomb feels just about when it is about to explode...If they feel atleast. However personification aside I just feel very excited to have almost three months more of nothing more than doing nothing...and my summer school project...I swear that is just a crime in itself.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]This year, high school was terrible. I definitely do not like being a freshman. Unfortunately, the same immature idiots in my class will be there again next year, and the probably won't be any less immature or idiotic. At least I have some better classes next year.

High school is going by really fast for me, which is strange because all of my best friends are at a completely different school, and I'm not a social person at all. Sure, I've found some people I'm comfortable talking to, but nothing fills in the gap made by the distance between my friends and me. I can't wait for it to be over. (Maybe because this summer is going to be amazing).[/FONT]

i changed schools three times in my last 18 months of school, and i wasn't really sad to leave any of them. i missed some of my friends from my first school, but we didn't have many classes together so it didn't make much difference to me because we still talked all the time.
everyone kept saying once you leave you want to go back, but they'll have to tie me down with chains to get me back, its just all to annoying for my liking. and the teachers want you to be intelligent but if you challenge them on anything especially in a catholic school than God help you. what every happen to the freedom to question, that they are always talking about.

if theres any advice i can give to those of you graduating this year it would be to keep in touch with all your friends. All of my best friends in the world i met while i was in high school, I'm half way across the world from all my buddies back home and yet we still keep in touch on a damn near daily basis 4 years after high school. while at the same time there are so many people that I lost touch with that i really wish i hadn't. Its your true friends that will always be there for you and help you up whenever you've fallen down.

Yes, it is odd. Leaving formative schooling and either entering the workforce or college is strange and interesting, scary even. Well worth it thought.

I often see school like family, most people are just forced to be with a specific social group that you have little choice in, where as uni allows you to choose your friends and work allows you to have the money to go and meet people that interest you.

Personally I have enjoyed my first year of uni more than any other form of schooling. Everything from hardcore partying, awesome friends, horribly great sex, and several other forms of entertainment that just aren't an option while being stuck in school. Sure while in highschool there is the social aspect, in fact for those of you old enough on these boards may remember The Otaku Crew, which at the time (to me) seemed like the best there was as every lunch we would meet on the front lawns and chat and stuff around. Though all of that slowly drifted away (I think Harlequin in the only one of us that still frequents this place) and that was the general trend of highschool. Uni and work is also like this though there is always new interesting things which is why I would take it over highschool any day.

So never fear! Great and unimaginable things are on their way... (I hope for you!)

To those high school freshman that feel like their first year was deadly, don't worry too much about it. Not a whole lot of people actually like their first year of high school, but trust me, it gets better. You and the people around you will grow a lot in the next 3 years, and a lot of times your peers will become a lot less judgemental. Tomorrow, when you go to school take a good look around you... damn netha6ar any of those people could become a good friend by the end of senior year. I hated freshman year of high school too, but by the end of senior year I had forged valuable long-lasting relationships with people I never thought I would be hanging out with. You'd be surprised what can change over the course of 4 short years.

To those graduating from high school and embarking on your college journey, the best advice I can give you is to not make the mistake I made my first semester - partying waaaaaaay too much. Damn near all college freshman make the mistake of getting a little too wild and crazy with their newfound freedom and wind up skipping classes. I think I woke up someplace unfamiliar about 4 times last semester and let me tell you, it's no fun. I know right now you're worried about your friends and whether or not you'll stay in touch, but you shouldn't really. As long as you make the effort to stay in touch they wil still be there for you. Unfortunately I still think you're gonna have to get used to the idea of losing touch with people though. It WILL happen and I'm very sorry, but that's the way it is. Friends and girlfriends/boyfriends will come and go surprisingly fast in college, but trust me when I say you will get used to it. Oh, and whatever you're planning on becoming right now... odds are you won't be wanting to become that by the end of your first semester. Things are gonna get shaken up, so just hold on tight.

[quote name='Ikillion][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I feel so young, I am only graduatuating my first year of high school and let me tell you I feel so BLAH! [/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

[color=red][size=1]Gah! I feel so old reading that. I'm in my second year of university (in Australia, you can go into university straight after ending high-school if you want).

I agree with that high-school was definitely a blur. I remember a speech made by one of my good friends at our graduatio ceremony in the morning. He said that he could remember his first day, and his last day of high-school very vividly, and that everything else was a blur.

There were good points and bad points through my high-school years - which included our principal/headmaster dying of cancer and one of my teacher friends dying from a stroke suddenly when he was at home. I also had to battle depression in the first part of my last year.

But the good parts were being with my friends and doing all the stupid things that high-school friends do.

Make sure you remember the good times and the bad times. They'll help you become a better person in the future while you live your life outside of school. And make sure that you enjoy the things you did when you were in highschool, and have no regrets.

It's a great time in your life.[/color][/size]

[color=dodgerblue]It's odd, because during your time at school, it feels like it will never end, and then next thing you know you're in your last year and the year's flying by so quickly. I remember my time in school and it was definately quick now that I think about it (though I've been to 3 different High Schools, lol).[/color]