OtakuBoards

The hardest choice you ever made in your life

Guest Metal Dragon

Guest Metal Dragon
First, let me describe the situation:

[COLOR=Red]One year ago, you and someone else were madly in love. At first it started great, then all of a sudden, a horrible thing happened to the two of you (you can put what happened if you like) and the two of you ended having a huge fight about it and broke up. A couple months afterwards, you suddenly realize that you still love that person and that there's no way you'll feel the same way for someone else. You know that the person will never forgive you or take you back, but the only thing that keeps you alive is hope. Fast forward it to today. You receive a mysterious call from that person and he/she says that they want to meet you and give it a second chance.You foolishly accept and the two of you meet at that person's house. Whan you get there you get a warm welcome, but an hour passes and that person brings out a sword and strikes at you. You quickly dodge the strike and bring out a weapon of your own, a handgun.The person tells you that he/she has been waiting for a long time to do this to you. You plead, make threats, tell that person that you still love him/her, but nothing works. After a while you finally realize that there's only two choices for this situation: to kill or be killed. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]The choices are simple, but it's one of the hardest decisions you ever had to make in your life:
To kill the one you love or to drop your handgun and let the one you love kill you.[/COLOR]
Here's my choice:
[COLOR=Navy]I would drop my gun and let the one I love kill me because, life won't be worth it without that person. I'd eventually realize that I have nothing left in life except pain and agony, so i would end my life to be reunited with the one I love.[/COLOR]
That's my choice, what about yours?

[font=Trebuchet MS]I would shout "cut" and offer my services as script-doctor to the director of the B-movie, who obviously can't write dialogue, has no concept of continuity and relies overly on [i]deus ex machina.

[/i]But that's just the writer in me talking.
[/font]

[SIZE=1]Hmm... methinks that if one hadn't realised from mentioned events that said girl was [I]not[/I] the love of one's life, tough luck.

Really, if you'd actually consider dropping the gun and whispering "I love you" or whatever while she's busy disembowelling you, I'd recommend seeing a therapist in the afterlife.

[I]-And who's to say killing her would be the only option? It's not like you'd have to shoot her somewhere fatal now, is it? Honestly... some people...[/I][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Dodeca is right.. If i could i'd probably shoot the ceiling like a mad person and run of like a chicken and then migrate to another country.. Simple...

If i COULDN'T make a choice.. I'd probably let her kill me.. I mean.. Even if I DO kill her.. I'd end up in jail for the rest of my life.. And that sux more then ever.. I mean I can't live without a computer !
[/FONT][/COLOR]

y'know.

hypothetically if i had a gf, i would honest to god let her shoot me in the head because, i belive that tge loved one should be happy, although me and *ms. smith* are not in our little hypothetical realationship, i'd stand by my decision and let her shoot me, cos if she isnt happy, she'd take the anger out on another bf.

thank you for your time.

Well because I've got excellent accuracy I'd leave a part of me wide open for her to attack and while she's attacking I'd ask her on last time does she love me and if she says no I guess I knock her uncounsious and flee and send her random letters not telling my identity untell I actually knows and am sure she give us another chance if not......who cares there's more fish in the sea :devil: :2women:

Guest Gun Preacher
it is wrong to take anothers life but the bible isnt very clear on shooting knee caps and i would let her know i love her before i do her any harm that way she knows how i feel weather she blives me or not i can live on knowing that i siad what needed to be said.

[COLOR=Red]Hmmmm....Me, I'm a cold hearted person, so what i'd do....
dodge whatever attacks come at me for a while while sincerely confessing my love for this person,
then shoot 'er,
not leathal the 1st time, but as GunPreacher said, in the kneecaps would be nice.
then maybe that will pacify her enough to where she would listen to me, and once im done telling her that i USED to love her, I'd kill her. :animeangr
one shot, plain and simple....oh yeah. [/COLOR]

i would firstly not do anything to hurt a person i hold so dear but if somehow i manage to mess things up ( i do that alot) i would ask my girlfriend/wife to allow me to take my own life if she does then hold the gun to my own head count till 5 and pull the triger without another moments thought if she does not then i would stick out my head and hope for forgiveness in the next life.

life is full of **** and i have seen my share of it. Jealousy Hatred Pain Suffering there all part of life but love i cant define because i do not believe in it maybe someday i will maybe not either way the only thing any person can be sure of is death it will come someday anyday you never know when

[QUOTE=daredevilsdad]i would firstly not do anything to hurt a person i hold so dear but if somehow i manage to mess things up ( i do that alot) i would ask my girlfriend/wife to allow me to take my own life if she does then hold the gun to my own head count till 5 and pull the triger without another moments thought if she does not then i would stick out my head and hope for forgiveness in the next life.

life is full of **** and i have seen my share of it. Jealousy Hatred Pain Suffering there all part of life but love i cant define because i do not believe in it maybe someday i will maybe not either way the only thing any person can be sure of is death it will come someday anyday you never know when[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Sienna]
So some crazy, screaming, probably sweating banshee is lunging at you with a sword and your first instinct is to put a gun to your head? What? [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ziggy Stardust][COLOR=Sienna]
So some crazy, screaming, probably sweating banshee is lunging at you with a sword and your first instinct is to put a gun to your head? What? [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Sounds pretty much like he'd take any opportunity to do that if you read the whole post. <_<'

I'd use my imagination to form a lightsaber in my own hands and hold a dual with her. If she manages to beat me, I'm not worthy to live!

Really now. So there's this woman who swings a sword at you in a house. You were able to dodge one swing of the blade. First of all, I wouldn't draw my gun since I'd never even carry one. Secondly, I'd rather knock her out or just hope that I am a much faster runner than she is. And well, I think I'd sooner start laughing over the whole situation than actually try do something about it. I mean, how often does a woman come at you with a sword? How cool is that?[/size]

So some crazy, screaming, probably sweating banshee is lunging at you with a sword and your first instinct is to put a gun to your head? What? [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

think about it if your destined to die which would you perfer die from the hands of your lover or your own hands. if you love someone that much you wouldnt be able to hurt them. thats what i think other people have different opinions but taking another life is out of the question i would perfer to die first

[font=Trebuchet MS]Nowhere in Metal Dragon's original post did it say anyone in the scenario is 'destined' to die. Yes, yes, I know we're all going to die someday, but if you're going to take that attitude about it why wait for your girlfriend to start attacking you with cutlery?

I don't know a single person that would react to this incredibly unlikely and hypothetical situation by applying that logic: "my girlfriend's going to kill me, but I love her so much I'd rather not cause her the pain, so I'll kill myself instead". Is that about the gist of your train of thought here? Try this one on for size: "my girlfriend's trying to kill me, but i love her so much I'd rather not cause her the pain, so I'll [b]run the heck away [/b]and that way there doesn't have to be any killing at all".

Votes for option B? Yes? No?
[/font]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The main problem I have with this scenario is that if someone I cared for really did try to kill me like that then my thought would be that they didn?t really love me in the first place. The other problem I have is that I?ve never believed the idea that I could never feel love for someone else once I did fall in love. I would still want to resolve the argument so I would still go and meet them though.

And if I really did encounter someone trying to kill me, though I imagine they would have a huge butcher knife instead of a sword, then I would probably find some way to disable them and turn them over to professional help. I would imagine that if someone was trying to kill me over an argument then they must be unbalanced, or so it would seem.

If I really loved them then I would want them to get the medical care that they needed instead of killing them or allowing myself to be killed. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS][B]Nowhere in Metal Dragon's original post did it say anyone in the scenario is 'destined' to die.[/B] Yes, yes, I know we're all going to die someday, but if you're going to take that attitude about it why wait for your girlfriend to start attacking you with cutlery?
[/font][/QUOTE]
firstly in metal dragon's original post there are just two options as stated below die or be killed

[QUOTE=Metal Dragon]First, let me describe the situation:
[COLOR=Red] You plead, make threats, tell that person that you still love him/her, but nothing works. After a while you finally realize that there's only two choices for this situation: to [B] kill or be killed.[/B] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkGreen]The choices are simple, but it's one of the hardest decisions you ever had to make in your life:
[B]To kill the one you love or to drop your handgun and let the one you love kill you[/B].[/COLOR]
[/QUOTE]

i would never (physically) hurt my love therefore it only leaves me with the one choice to die because one person is [B]'destined' to die[/B] (i know everyones different)

[QUOTE=Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS]

I don't know a single person that would react to this incredibly unlikely and hypothetical situation by applying that logic: "my girlfriend's going to kill me, but I love her so much I'd rather not cause her the pain, so I'll kill myself instead". Is that about the gist of your train of thought here? Try this one on for size: "my girlfriend's trying to kill me, but i love her so much I'd rather not cause her the pain, so I'll [b]run the heck away [/b]and that way there doesn't have to be any killing at all".

Votes for option B? Yes? No?
[/font][/QUOTE]
you hear it all the time, everywhere you go, on the buses, in the schools everywhere.
boy/girls says: i'd do anything for you, i could kill, (and the most common one) i'd die for you
well it sound all good and romantic on the t.v./movies but whos got the balls to do it?for one i have and always will (for someone that i love or family)

secondly i only see two possiblities here as stated by Metal Dragon
1) to die
2)to be killed
so doing anything in between would be unfair to this thread and Metal Dragon
i know that it can be hard to believe that someone not even close to being perfect as me could be willing to kill himself/get killed to stop any harm he may cause my love in the [B]heat of the moment [/B] and regret it for the rest of his life/afterlife.

yes yes i know this may well depend on what i have done if i have dont something like (this is only an example) kissed another girl while trying to save the her via mouth to mouth i agreed i probarbly wouldnt put the handgun to my head and kill myself i would really try to explain it to her that i was just trying to save someone
if in fact i did something as terrible as sleeping with her best friend (only examples) or something like that to betray her trust then i would most definitely without a shread of doubt put the handgun to my head and shoot its better then my love killing me as she would have to go to prison for the rest of her day.
if i do end my own life maybe just maybe she will be find love again. in this is my happiness. i am only speaking on behalf of myself. i'd like to finish on this note never break a girl's heart your pay dearly for it..........

Guest Metal Dragon
[QUOTE=Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS]I would shout "cut" and offer my services as script-doctor to the director of the B-movie, who obviously can't write dialogue, has no concept of continuity and relies overly on [i]deus ex machina.

[/i]But that's just the writer in me talking.
[/font][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Red]I value your criticism and all, but I have just one suggestion, how about you answer the question, and [I]then[/I] criticize it all you want? Oh, by the way, the post wasn?t meant to have dialogue but if you want it too, too bad. How about you write it with dialogue and then I?ll [I]think[/I] about changing it put a message saying: revised by Raiyuu. Is that any better?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=daredevilsdad]firstly in metal dragon's original post there are just two options as stated below die or be killed

i would never (physically) hurt my love therefore it only leaves me with the one choice to die because one person is [B]'destined' to die[/B] (i know everyones different)

you hear it all the time, everywhere you go, on the buses, in the schools everywhere.
boy/girls says: i'd do anything for you, i could kill, (and the most common one) i'd die for you
well it sound all good and romantic on the t.v./movies but whos got the balls to do it?for one i have and always will (for someone that i love or family)

secondly i only see two possiblities here as stated by Metal Dragon
1) to die
2)to be killed
so doing anything in between would be unfair to this thread and Metal Dragon
i know that it can be hard to believe that someone not even close to being perfect as me could be willing to kill himself/get killed to stop any harm he may cause my love in the [B]heat of the moment [/B] and regret it for the rest of his life/afterlife.

yes yes i know this may well depend on what i have done if i have dont something like (this is only an example) kissed another girl while trying to save the her via mouth to mouth i agreed i probarbly wouldnt put the handgun to my head and kill myself i would really try to explain it to her that i was just trying to save someone
if in fact i did something as terrible as sleeping with her best friend (only examples) or something like that to betray her trust then i would most definitely without a shread of doubt put the handgun to my head and shoot its better then my love killing me as she would have to go to prison for the rest of her day.
if i do end my own life maybe just maybe she will be find love again. in this is my happiness. i am only speaking on behalf of myself. i'd like to finish on this note never break a girl's heart your pay dearly for it..........[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Blue]Good, someone gets it. There are [B]only[/B] two choices: to kill or be killed, no in between. Yes, I know, there is no reason why not too just shoot at their knees or run away, but those aren?t the choices, if there was an in between, I would ask: what would you do? But since those are the choices you should stick with them. The only reason I said should is because I realize that mostly no one is going to make that choice. Either they?re going to shoot at the other?s kneecaps or run away. That?s okay? I guess, but it?s not one of the choices. Oh, by the way, since that person wants to kill you, he/she will find you eventually and you?ll end up in the same situation again.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Sienna][QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

How do you know? Have you ever been in this situation? Well, your still alive so my guess is no. How can you know how you'll react in a completely new situation? You say you'll do anything for your love and all that, and, while it's a romantic notion, it's a completely unrealistic one. No matter who you are, when it comes to the choice of 'Shooter or shot' the person will always choose shooter. It's human nature. Self preservation and all that.

[QUOTE]secondly i only see two possiblities here as stated by Metal Dragon
1) to die
2)to be killed
[/QUOTE]

Difference being...? There are, but only one of them involves dieing. You can stand there and be spitted like a pig, or you can shoot her and live.

[QUOTE]really try to explain it to her that i was just trying to save someone[/QUOTE]

This isn't like some movie where the badguy goes on a cofee break while you spout off some 5-minute speech - your going to have maybe 5-6 seconds to react to her trying to cut you from croch to crown. Your not going to have time to think 'Hmm, maybe I should just kill myself...' you'll have time to think 'Oh ****!' and either die or shoot her. You may think otherwise but anything other than scenario is just unrealistic. [/COLOR]

Well he put me in my place.... lol :grumble:/ :animeswea
if i was in that situation thats what i would do (if im in that situation in then next 24 hour its Ziggy Stardust's fault and you know who to blame, avenge my soul :demon:/ :flaming: ) when im in that situation (god forbid me for being in it) i'll call you for advice your'll give it to me right?

And by the way it was ment to be;
1) to be killed
2) to kill

My typing mistake
And we are all hypothetically specking right? :angel:

[QUOTE=daredevilsdad]Well he put me in my place.... lol :grumble:/ :animeswea
if i was in that situation thats what i would do (if im in that situation in then next 24 hour its Ziggy Stardust's fault and you know who to blame, avenge my soul :demon:/ :flaming: ) when im in that situation (god forbid me for being in it) i'll call you for advice your'll give it to me right?

And by the way it was ment to be;
1) to be killed
2) to kill

My typing mistake
And we are all hypothetically specking right? :angel:[/QUOTE][COLOR=Sienna]

Sure... I can see that conversation happening. "Hello, Ziggy? Yea, there's thi- Aaaaaaaaahhhhh... *random screaming and slicing sounds, interspersed with desperate gunfire and screeching*

And your right; this is a hypothetical situation. And you really can't predict what will happen in a situation that you've never experianced, which was my point.[/COLOR]

And your right; this is a hypothetical situation. And you really can't predict what will happen in a situation that you've never experianced, which was my point.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

come on man you were right and i was wrong theres no need to goat right :grumble: (i must plan ways in which to avenge my defeat)

[I](swiftly changing the subject of defeat)[/I]
anyways you didnt answer the question yourself. which would you do kill or be killed? ha ha now its your turn

[I](vengeance shall be mine muhahahahahaha)[/I]

[QUOTE=daredevilsdad]come on man you were right and i was wrong theres no need to goat right :grumble: (i must plan ways in which to avenge my defeat)

[I](swiftly changing the subject of defeat)[/I]
anyways you didnt answer the question yourself. which would you do kill or be killed? ha ha now its your turn

[I](vengeance shall be mine muhahahahahaha)[/I][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Sienna]Indeed I did. I said everyone in this situation would choose to kill; everyone, last time I checked, includes me.[/COLOR]