OtakuBoards

Are you jealous of your friends?

Up4anime

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I have this one friend.Who is always better then me if i make a A she gets a A plus.If I like a guy he likes her.They only like her for her looks.She has so many siblings and a big family and i only have a sister and a brother.I always used to wish i had a big brother.
I just anted to know if anyone else was secretly jealous of their friend or friends?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Up4anime][COLOR=DarkOrange]I have this one friend.Who is always better then me if i make a A she gets a A plus.If I like a guy he likes her.They only like her for her looks.She has so many siblings and a big family and i only have a sister and a brother.I always used to wish i had a big brother.
I just anted to know if anyone else was secretly jealous of their friend or friends?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I hate this one chick and I'm only friends with her cause she gives me a ride to school. :p because she is SOOOOO FAKE!!!!!!!!!!! I'm serious she is faking our friendship. She talked to her bf about me(which is my ex) and he told me. ^_^ plus I had a guy but he cheated on me with her!

[color=dimgray] Yes... three of my friends have 100+ GPAs. They are effing amazing. v_v

But naturally people will always be jealous of someone at one point, and considering that you spend more time with your friends than with others, you'll find [i]some[/i] reason to be jealous of them. Doesn't mean you don't love them, though. :] [/color]

I have to admit, i do get jelous of my friends. Most of them have such a better life than me. But i try to make it better for them. Someone has to have it better. And they deserve it more than i do. I don't know why, just that they do. I don't want them making the same mistakes. I guess you could say that i'm jelous of them because they have someone (me) who's got their back all the time, no matter what i don't.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]It's also frustrating because I had this friend who didnty have an older brother and we used to talk about how much we wanted one.Then this year her mom got married again and now she has like 6 older brothers.I wanted a little sister my mom was having a baby but it died.But my friends mom had a new baby and it was fine.I was sooo jealous.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Up4anime][COLOR=DarkOrange']It's also frustrating because I had this friend who didnty have an older brother and we used to talk about how much we wanted one.Then this year her mom got married again and now she has like 6 older brothers.I wanted a little sister my mom was having a baby but it died.But my friends mom had a new baby and it was fine.I was sooo jealous.[/COLOR][/quote]

I'm sorry to hear that. It must have been hard for your mom.
Rather than being jealous, try to put a postive spin on it.
If you want to have a little brother or sister, join Big Brothers and Sisters.
I don't know if they have it where you are, but it provides mentors to children, people for the kids to look up to.
Rather than being jealous of your friend, do something good with it, and in turn it will make you a better person, and then people can be jealous of you.

[SIZE=1]I try not to get jealous of people. It doesn't help anything in the end, after all. However, I am slightly jealous of a couple of my friends. One is an excellent artist, while the other has the entire collection of Farscape in his posession.

Stupid reasons, I know. I'm a Sci-Fi nut, do you know what I'd give to have the entire collection of Farscape? As for my other friend, I've long since come to terms with the fact that no one can ever surpass her artistic greatness. I'm happy with just knowing her. Just you wait, one of these days she'll be a famous graphic designer or something![/SIZE]

[QUOTE=KatanaViolet]I'm sorry to hear that. It must have been hard for your mom.
Rather than being jealous, try to put a postive spin on it.
If you want to have a little brother or sister, join Big Brothers and Sisters.
I don't know if they have it where you are, but it provides mentors to children, people for the kids to look up to.
Rather than being jealous of your friend, do something good with it, and in turn it will make you a better person, and then people can be jealous of you.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]O.k ill try not to be jealous but it's so hard.Looking on the positive side.I do have a good life im the only one of my friends whio has both of there granparents on both sides.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Raine14']I hate this one chick and I'm only friends with her cause she gives me a ride to school. :p because she is SOOOOO FAKE!!!!!!!!!!! I'm serious she is faking our friendship.[/quote][color=#b0000b][size=1][b]You just broke my [i]mind[/i].[/b] It doesn't work anymore, and that is your fault.

Do you understand how serious this is?[/size][/color]

[QUOTE=Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1][b]You just broke my [i]mind[/i].[/b] It doesn't work anymore, and that is your fault.

Do you understand how serious this is?[/size][/color][/QUOTE]
[size=1]We can [b]rebuild[/b] her. We have the [b]technology[/b]. We have the capability to make the world's first [b]Bionic woman[/b]. Sara [b]will be[/b] that woman. [b]Better[/b] than she was before. [b]Better[/b] . . . [b]stronger[/b] . . . [b]faster[/b].

Jealousy among friends makes for no friends at all.[/size]

[COLOR=Indigo]I don?t ever remember feeling jealousy towards one of my friends. There have been times when I was envious, but it was more of a I wanted a game or movie that they had. It wasn?t true jealousy.

Truthfully being jealous of your friends is pointless as you are focusing on what you don?t have instead of what you do. I suggest you stop and take a look at what you have instead of focusing on what you don?t. You might even be surprised to find that you have things your friend would be envious of.[/COLOR]

Jealousy.... hmm.... Nah. It's not in my nature to be jealous of any of my friends. However, I do regret not going after this girl when I had the chance and a friend of mine proposed to her (but it's all good though, we're all childhood friends), and seeing that I was laying low for quite a while that was all on me... so "shrugs" Other than that.... no jealousy coming from me.

[SIZE=1]I find it hard to be jealous of my friends because whenever I think they have something better than I do, I remember that [I]I[/I] have something [I]they[/I] don't.

Example?
My best friend Natalie has an awesome MP3 player. Not an iPod, I'm not interested in one of those, but it's just cool. I then remember that she has three sister and has to share a room. I have two rooms, and a kickass stereo.

Jealousy, in my opinion, only works if you think you have nothing at all. Sure, you may want more stuff than other people, but those same people may want things you have. You say when you get A grades she gets A plus. Imagine all the people who'd wish to have [I]your[/I] A grade.[/SIZE]

[font=Trebuchet MS]Stark, I also have a friend with all four [i]Farscape [/i]box sets ... I was jealous for a passing moment before I realised: she's my [i]friend. [/i]This means I can borrow them. And watch all the [i]Farscape [/i]without paying all the £400.

And Up4anime, believe me, having an old brother is overrated. I [b]am [/b]one, and I assure you, I do my utmost to make life miserable for my brother. He's probably hanging around the Arena somewhere, ask him :p
[/font]

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]If i'm correct then the positive side of jealousy is to be envious right? Or is it a totally different meaning.. Wow these are complicating.. Back to the subject.

2 lines.

I envy them. They envy me.
(Reasons will not be stated) :rolleyes: [/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=indifference][COLOR=Indigo]I don?t ever remember feeling jealousy towards one of my friends. There have been times when I was envious, but it was more of a I wanted a game or movie that they had. It wasn?t true jealousy.

Truthfully being jealous of your friends is pointless as you are focusing on what you don?t have instead of what you do. I suggest you stop and take a look at what you have instead of focusing on what you don?t. You might even be surprised to find that you have things your friend would be envious of.[/COLOR][/QUOTE][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I agree with indifference, what?s the point in being jealous? The truth is that no matter where you look there will always be someone with something you don?t have. And I?m sure that if you look you will see others who don?t have what you do.

I?ve never been jealous of my friends, but I?ve had some who were jealous of me. >_< It just baffles me since I didn?t go to my mom and say things like give me a dog or this item since my friends don?t have it. When I get good grades I?m not thinking that I got a better grade than so and so. I just work hard to get it. Unless my friends tell me I don?t even know what grade they got.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=tan][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]i do agree, jealousy is a pointless feeling to have towards friends or anyone else in general. nothing good ever comes out from it.

but think about it in reality, EVERYONE GOES THROUGH IT. i won't lie; i've been jealous of my friends. but it was never anything extreme or serious (until recently).

suggestion from someone who has actually gone-through-jealousy-and-screwed-herself-over-with-it-and-had-to-learn-the-lesson-the -hard-way? just don't be jealous. it only makes things harder. like my friend told me when i screwed myself over: "instead of counting your shortcomings, court your blessings".[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1]The only reason I would be jealous of my friends is because they all seem to have more fun than me and I'm always left out or I can't do anything with them.

I think it's just me but I was feeling very excluded for the longest time. Probably until Monday this week I was getting really depressed because I had though I had lost all my best friends. Really it's because we're all just so busy and we can't always hang out. I was so jealous though because while I was feeling that, all my friends looked so happy together and stuff.

Thankfully I'm over that now. Jealousy can really rip you up inside.[/size]

[QUOTE=Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS]Stark, I also have a friend with all four [i]Farscape [/i]box sets ... I was jealous for a passing moment before I realised: she's my [i]friend. [/i]This means I can borrow them. And watch all the [i]Farscape [/i]without paying all the £400.
[/font][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I know, I know, but it's [I]Farscape[/I]. I simply love the darling [URL=http://thepensieve.net/stuff/aeryn1.jpg]Aeryn Sun[/URL] and, of course, everyone's favorite Banik Slave... lol.

I have seen the entire series, and PKW, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to be able to watch 'Won't Be Fooled Again' as often as I please. That's saying nothing about 'John Quioxte'.[/SIZE]