OtakuBoards

Do videogames help you?

Treble

[color=red]Just a question I have been wondering about lately so does videogames help you in a certain way?

Well videogames help me alot I think I have better shooting skills since playing Time Crisis alot lol.And Ive learn meanings to words like withdraw and deposit lol i never knew what it meant until I played Pokemon lol and much other games.And if the World comes in trouble I'll turn into Super Mario and save the World nah j/k about that part lol.Ive learn many more things from games but thats my thought so does videogames help you in a cetain way?[/color]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]of course they help... i mean look at some of the games... the teach you about history and math and slang lol... and they teach you how to cuss and do voilent things... GAMES ARE WONDERFUL!!!!!!!![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I got kind of obsessive with Mario Golf for the GBC. My character is level 99. Anyway, I went to try playing real golf once, and the person I went with was impressed at my general knowledge without ever playing before.

So it can help a little I suppose.

-Adam
theOtaku.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Deranged Gerbil
well, I play a lot of driving games in the arcades, and when I went for my first driving lesson, my instructor was very impressed at how well I was handling the car, the way I drove, attitide, etc. so I guess it helps depending what the game is

I guess survival horror games can help if your ever in one of those situations :D

:babble: Yeah¡¡¡, the games are very important in our days, because they teach us many things like the culture of another countries, myths, legends, and much more, but we`ll have that things, while the developers, work hard and make games with high quality and fun¡¡¡.
so make your library of your favourite games and enjoy¡¡¡¡¡:D

• 5 weeks later...
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]where as PE 2 taught me when to put down a game... cause it sucked... lol... i wanna read a stratagy guide that has the story line down lol... or maybe just cut all the walking out... i can kill them ez enuff i just cant get down the #$%^# controls ya know!!! but yes PE did teach you a lot about mitocondria and other stuff... [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]where as PE 2 taught me when to put down a game... cause it sucked... lol... i wanna read a stratagy guide that has the story line down lol... or maybe just cut all the walking out... i can kill them ez enuff i just cant get down the #$%^# controls ya know!!! but yes PE did teach you a lot about mitocondria and other stuff... [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue][b][size=1]Ugh, yes! Finally someone who can see through Parasite Eve 2. lol

I never played the first one, but the second one was terrible.

Sure, it had atmosphere...and some parts were kinda scary and creepy but let's face it, it was one of the most boring games ever created. [/b][/color][/size]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]how often am i wrong about a game? lolol... anyway... the controls for PE2 sucked cause they tried to make it a silent hill/RE clone... but after you made the first one so wonderfully they screwed it up by doing it like that... while im sure it had a cool story and stuff... i never made it to the darn desert... thou now that im single i may finish it[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

• 4 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by outlawstar_14 [/i]
[B]oh ya!!, after playing pokemon, i can chuck a pokeball at a weedle 500 yards away!, now thats skill!! lol:D [/B][/QUOTE]

ROFL!! :laugh:

I think Tetris helped with puzzle solving(be surprised how much that comes in when I have to stack a tiny little pallet with tons of odd shaped boxes.) I work in a huge warehouse, and it really comes in handy. I get people commenting on how good of a job I do, since mine looks like a square, and their stacking looks like the Leaning Tower of Piza(sp? BLEARG!! >_<). When they ask how I can stack so good, I smile and say Tetris. =P

As for other games, many teach how to follow directions(very important in life) and others make you remember codes or sequences(also useful).

I play(ed) online games, and it has taught me how to type. I went into typing class in sophmore year of high school, and was pretty pathetic. Now, I can pretty much fly on a keyboard(not perfect, but I impress people *ego inflates*)

So in truth, I think some help with some pretty decent skills, but all in all, they are a stress reliever above all, and let you kick back and have fun.

It doesn't matter how you look,
It doesn't matter how you dress,
It doesn't matter if you drop food on the floor,
It doesn't matter if you drool while drinking,
Your system loves you just because you care enough to turn on that power switch! :love:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B]It doesn't matter how you look,
It doesn't matter how you dress,
It doesn't matter if you drop food on the floor,
It doesn't matter if you drool while drinking,
Your system loves you just because you care enough to turn on that power switch! :love: [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]omfg besides the love poems my gf writes me :love: that has got to be one of the best poems i have ever read... now which console gets my love today... hehe[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]