OtakuBoards

Definition of Life

Everyone has a certain thing that defines their life, that makes them different and unique from most people. Of course, other people might just share this same life definition, but, all the same, what activity/person/thing defines your life as a whole? what inspires you to be...you?

Personally, Art inspires me. In my entire being, i am an artist, and i love every second of being an artist. Specifically, yes, i am an anime artist. Why anime? Im not too sure. I think it has something to do with the way i was brought up; very distant from my family. I got into watching Trigun during my early teen years, and I pulled morals and values from it, and anime really became like the family that i didnt have.

Howabout you guys/girls?

I exsist for art, for those who need me, and music. I love to draw anime and i douln't see myself not drawing. I also find the hidden meanings in modern art although no one else i know does. And if it wasn't for the people who needed me, i would have killed myself last year. Music has helped me get over my 'suicidal' stage and it keeps me out of it.

[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]Many things inspire me to be me, i shall list the most important ones:

1. Music - Playing music, listening to music, it's all good. I play the guitar, alto sax, clarinet, and bassoon. And i listen to all kinds of music....mainly rock. I hate rap...and not a big fan of country. Really though, rap is the devil.

2. Beauty - I aspire to it, i wish to become as much like it as possible. Not only in the physical sense of the word but also in the mental sense.

3. Logic and rationality - These should probably have been listed first, they are the most important and valued to me. I believe with logic and rationality nothing can ever go wrong.

4. Passion - This sorta goes against #3, but i still believe in it. I believe in both, one cannot exist without the other.

5. Love - Everybody needs love to live, bottom line.

Alright, i think 5's enough. ^J^ Later.

[/COLOR] [/FONT]

[size=1]The definition of [i]my[/i] life is simple. I take things as they come, day by day. The [i]people[/i] are what defines me.

My brother. You're my inspiration, my light, my everything.

My cousin. We're like two sides of the same coin. You make me who I am. I would never be the same without you.

My boyfriend. You're my hope, my laughter, my [i]love[/i]

Bad stuff may happen, but as long as you know that there's something important to you, you just keep living. Striving to be your best.

That's what life is.

<3[/size]

• 2 weeks later...
Life, is one that contridicts itself. For me, the point in life is to live ones life to the fullest every day, helping people, and just having fun. That doesn't mean I don't do any chores...I do quite a few. The point of it, is to try to enjoy yourself. I personally love anime, drawing, painting, writing, and or anything of the sort.

[SIZE=1]Life is what ever one makes of it, and the definition of life is subjective. Knowing that, I suppose that my life is defined by my pursuit of knowledge and understanding of people. I've always been interested in philosophy and different cultures--it's an interest I hope to make a career out of one day.

Heh. That's why they have Sociology. I haven't officially decided, but it seems like a good place for me to start in my life. Hopefully, it will help me understand myself, and strangers, a little better.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=Sienna]To me, life is a cold beer, a bag of cheetos, and a half-eaten pizza, and I love it like that. I'm not interested in things like 'love' or 'popularity' or 'beauty' or the like, to me music is just something to pass the time, as is reading and writing and that kind of thing. To tell you the truth, nothing inspires me - I don't live a very inspired life. I love things monotonous and dull and just like to be alone with my thoughts.

So yea, pretty lame definition of life... but eh, least the pizza is warm. [/COLOR]

[size=1]No activity really defines me as a whole, so I won't even try to think of one.

I think that we're supposed to better the human race with our time here. Basically, it's birth-sex-death with productivity and usefulness in there. Even more importantly, however, is that you strive to be the best you can be. If you don't, well, hurry up and die already. ;)[/size]

[COLOR=Red]what defines Mr.Fury as a person is:

friends: if it werent for them, i'd become more of a human disaster, than i am now, they've accepted me, albeit im a "scientist". they offer their advice, condolences, and views on certain things i treat them as if they were an extention to my family tree. much respect to:

[U]The Group Of Friends I Have In London[/U]

Tinana <- if it wasnt for her, i would've never heard of this place or have tried to draw anime or read it more often! and i've learned alot of life's priciples from her(albeit it was indirectly) +70000 respect to her.
Kristen
Daun
Raechel
William
Alyssa
Nikki
Amy
Merve

*note: "I know I'm percived as 'cold hearted, demented man' but, I do really respect you guys, I know it looks like I do not enjoy your company, but dont follow that. I honestly do!" ^____^

[U]The Group Of Friends I Have In Las Vegas[/U]

Lex <- my biological brother
Cray
Mastenn
Jordan
Arvin
William
Kenny

music: im more into rock and electronica, i HATE country and rap. i only have played three instruments: the bass gutiar, the accoustic gutiar and the turntables, i always have my earpieces in, i rarely take them both out, i listen to that playlist in the middle of doing anything, im listening to my psp as i type!

art: albeit i can only draw stick figures, i've found that art is something worth my opinion, im into anime and abstract art, and sometimes i find that art is the only way to get a point across, so i utilize my art skills when i want to express myself, mostly though poetry and somtimes stick figure comics(most of the time the stick people get into fights, and neither of them win)[this also includes videogames]

skateboarding, surfing and snowboarding: they are very artistic forms of expressing how those endless hours of training and in Phys Ed are used. and both sports have taught me something: if you land in the middle of a rail while slding on a skateboard, it excretes a MASSIVE AMOUNT of pain and it tells you to get up and try again, till you land it.

well there you have it the three things Mr. Fury lives for.

thank you for your time.

Leon[/COLOR]

What is the meaning of life...so many have asked this question and I say it's whatever you want it to be and whatever you make of it..I personally like Tical have dedicated my life to helping others and protecting them with my life..to many I have failed to protect so now I am trying to make up for their dreadful loses...and if that means being on egde night and day so be it...so my meaning of life for me is protecting those I care about....

The definition of life to me is just knowing what I do and don't do.It's really hard to see what it's like to be asint but from a experience it's easy. I've been known as a saint or an angel but I'm just like a normal girl, person or someone in the world.

Being a founding member of the Foundation for bigger and better things, a secular organisation that encourages it's members to live tall, aspire to achieve greater status in work/sociual settings, and to undo the mistakes of the past via time travel.

That's a huge part of what makes up my time here on Earth1, especially if I choose to redo 13 years of my life at one time with a backstep through time.

That is an interesting question. There are so many things that add up to the whole which is my life. Here is what I think makes up my life, well, at least a part of it.

[b]Music[/b]: Music has always been a major part of my life. I've done all the "bandnerd" activities, Drum and Bugle Corps (which was a major life shaping experience) and worked in a music store selling tickets for Ticketmaster. Attending and performing in concerts and listening to music has, and always will, be a big part of who I am.

[b]Anime[/b]: Anime really has influenced my life. When I was younger I watched Robotech. From then I fell in love with pilots. I thought pilots were more attractive than the typical fireman/policeman "dream man". Needless to say when I met my husband back when he was in flight school that only attracted me more to him. I 100% believe this stems from my love of Veritech fighter pilots in Robotech.

Anime continues to influence my life since I'm spend many hours on theOtaku.com, attending anime conventions, meeting people who work in the anime industry..many of whom have become very close friends and, of course, writing reviews for several different anime companies.

Of course there is so much more like my friends and family, constantly learning new things to better myself and those around me and the pursuit of happiness. Life is made up of so many different aspects it's hard to define just what makes up my life.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest executor
My life is an [color=red]unendless struggle for survival[/color], I should survive so that i could be of help for those who need my assistance, of course, friends are the ones that give me reason to survive.

I live for myself. To see if I can't get farther then the people I know ever did.

Some of you may know that I love to draw. I not only draw any anime but real live people. Most of them are stars that I would like to meet some day.

Anther thing that keeps me going is that I want to be a writer. I have many ideas but I don't know how to put them into words yet. I want to learn how to put them into words. Just so that people knew I am someone.

I live for music as well. I am a singer even though I myself do not think I'm any good but other people do. I love to listen to music as well, mostly rock but I listen to most things once.

As an ending statement, Live like you are dieing. Do what you can, try and capture your goals. Don't let life pass you by.

There are lots of things that I enjoy and that I do a lot, but I am defined by my bike. I bike everywhere, and people who can't get over the fact that I don't fear looking weird when I I'm biking (how do you think you'd look after biking through snow?). I bike for enjoyment and as transportation, my bikes are the most important things I own.