OtakuBoards

Please help me decide(again)

Panache

I just bougt 3 new animes and 4 more are comin on the way. I need your oppinion if I should open the boxes and watch them or send them back. They are

3 I have
Peace Maker kurogane
Please Twins
Edens Bowy

4 that are on the way
Ai Yori Aoshi Enshi
Sakura Wars
Happy Lesson
Chrono Crusade

Thank you in advance for your help. Oh and FYI all you crazed fanboys will be ignored. I have a story why I didn't just go look at reviews ill tell oyu but you must ask fist.

[quote name='kagomefruitcup][COLOR=RoyalBlue']I like Ai yori aoshi alot. It proved that u shouldnt give up on looking for a loved one. If u like Romance/Comedy then you'll like it[/COLOR][/quote]
I said Ai Yori Aoshi Enshi not Ai Yori Aoshi.

[COLOR=Indigo]Oh my gosh, you got/getting those? You have great taste! I heard that they are all good. I personally know that Peace Maker Kurigane and Chrono Crusade are just awesome! Both are funny, yet have that serious tone when needed. Good choices.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Avenged666fold']WHAT? Peace Maker is funny? I bought it for violence and blood(the advertising said it way super bloody). Oh well. Thank you.[/quote]

It has its moments of violence but it is more of a comedy than action. It also takes a while to get to the best action scenes.

Peacemaker is OK. A bit too Kenshin-esque to really seem like anything original, but it seemed to be a well-made show from what I saw of it. Keep it.

Everyone seems to love Chrono Crusade as well. You can keep that one as well.

You can throw out all the other ones. I haven't heard anything about Ai Yori Aoshi Enshi or Sakura Wars, those could be decent, but Eden's Bowy put me to sleep. I gave it several chances, but the outcome was always the same. And Happy Lesson is possibly the worst excuse for comedy to ever come out of Japan short of The Fuccons (and yes, Milk-Chan is better than Happy Lesson). Please Twins looks like a generic fanservice anime, so return them and save your money on a show more deserving (Paranoia Agent, maybe? Gunslinger Girl? Kino's Journey?).

Well I respect your oppinion but I have watched most of please twins already and it is very good(not as good as please teacher but stil pretty good). Ai Yori Aoshi Enshi I planned on keeping anyway so im not gettin rid of that. But thank you anyway

[COLOR=DarkRed]I say open the Chrono Crusade! (Which volume is it, anyway??) I love that manga, but sadly enough, cannot find volume one of the anime nor volume seven of the manga in Borders... :animecry: Tell me, does Chrono-kun's voice sound dumb?? (That goes for Aion-kun, too.)[/COLOR]

[quote name='Avenged666fold']I just bougt 3 new animes and 4 more are comin on the way. I need your oppinion if I should open the boxes and watch them or send them back.[/quote]What I don't understand, is why would you buy/order Anime if you weren't intending on watching them in the first place? Shouldn't you have done at least a little preliminary research before purchasing so many?

Anyway, the only one I've seen in your list is Peacemaker Kurogane. It's one of my more highly regarded series, and I hold a special place in my room for Okita Souji. ^^

It's rather slow, but when there's action, it uses full potential of the animation style. The most action, and the most blood, you'll find in the series is near the end. It's not that they censor the blood out of the story at all, quite the opposite. I find that they paced the series and refused to rush the story for the sake of violence.

Of course, you seem to have received a few opinions on that series already. ;)

-Arvi

[QUOTE=r2vq]What I don't understand, is why would you buy/order Anime if you weren't intending on watching them in the first place? Shouldn't you have done at least a little preliminary research before purchasing so many?

Anyway, the only one I've seen in your list is Peacemaker Kurogane. It's one of my more highly regarded series, and I hold a special place in my room for Okita Souji. ^^

It's rather slow, but when there's action, it uses full potential of the animation style. The most action, and the most blood, you'll find in the series is near the end. It's not that they censor the blood out of the story at all, quite the opposite. I find that they paced the series and refused to rush the story for the sake of violence.

Of course, you seem to have received a few opinions on that series already. ;)

-Arvi[/QUOTE] Ah ha finally someone asked me. Ok heres the story. First I had a big craving for new anime(was re watching ranma 1/2 for the 9th time so it was bad) so I went and looked in newtype magazine so i could look for some good reviews. Sadly I found none but some good looking animes peaked my intrest on the ads page(I was so tired I forgot that they didn't always show good ones. So I went and ordered them online. The next day I wake up and remember what I did and thought"wait i forgot to look for reviews darnit". But alas it was too late to do anything beacause they shipped 1 half already. So i figured id ask you guys and not look at any reviews now beacause I would rather be social. I was really unsure about a couple of my picks(happy lesson, peacemaker,and edens bowy) now that I have looked at the reviews from several sources im gonna keep em all beacause they all got good reviews. Oh and im currently watching please twins.

[COLOR=#656446]I've nothing but praises for [b]Sakura Wars[/b]. It ain't heavy with drama and it's got really innovative mecha concepts and designs. The time period's really ain't something that mecha anime creators would delve in 'cause it's a bit, you know, [i]ancient[/i] but SW managed to incorporate and adapt mecha technology into pre-WWII Tokyo.

The theater sequences and back stories ain't shabby either. There is actual character development ineach of the cast members and you get a happy ending to boot! A feel good anime with stand-alone episodes is always a good find.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Avenged666fold']Hmm thank you but i still want some more oppinions on edens bowy and happy lesson.[/quote]

Well, this is the same person who gave his thoughts earlier, but instead of telling you that they're good or bad I'll ask you exactly what your interests are. Do you prefer long, slow-moving adventure shows or wacky harem fanservice shows? Becuase Eden's Bowy fits the first description and Happy Lesson fits the second.

• 1 month later...
Im looking for a new anime. I want a romantic comedy/herem anime(OMFG im not a pervert!) Or a gory action anime. Please help me. (please make sure it is on DVD)

---------

[quote name='EVA Unit 100']Well, this is the same person who gave his thoughts earlier, but instead of telling you that they're good or bad I'll ask you exactly what your interests are. Do you prefer long, slow-moving adventure shows or wacky harem fanservice shows? Becuase Eden's Bowy fits the first description and Happy Lesson fits the second.[/quote]
Actually those are just my cup o tea.

---------

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][INDENT]I merged your thread with your previous one. Try not to have too many threads that are about the same topic, doing so makes the boards a lot more messy. -r2[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

If you want something gory along with some sappy romance scenes, some comedy and some perverse torture, both physical and psychological, then might I suggest to you a series known as Elfen Lied.

It has it's moments were it seems very tame, but let me worn you, the opening scene to this anime will set the mood for the rest of the series. I won't spoil it for you, you'll just have to go out and see it. There's lots of fan service, but it's done in such a digusting and perverse way sometimes, it's hard to find it in anyway arousing, let me just say.

Still, this is a great series with some great plot twists. If you like gore and romance and even a little comedy, then you'll probably like this one. As long as you can deal with some of the almost frightening things done to the villians and the protaganists.

[QUOTE=Starwind]If you want something gory along with some sappy romance scenes, some comedy and some perverse torture, both physical and psychological, then might I suggest to you a series known as Elfen Lied.

It has it's moments were it seems very tame, but let me worn you, the opening scene to this anime will set the mood for the rest of the series. I won't spoil it for you, you'll just have to go out and see it. There's lots of fan service, but it's done in such a digusting and perverse way sometimes, it's hard to find it in anyway arousing, let me just say.

Still, this is a great series with some great plot twists. If you like gore and romance and even a little comedy, then you'll probably like this one. As long as you can deal with some of the almost frightening things done to the villians and the protaganists.[/QUOTE]Yea ive got a few recomendations from a few people fpr that one (including dagger). I msaving up enough(I was gonna buy it but I got kingdom hearts 2 now im po/ed cuz the game blowz but thats besides the point). Any way any other suggetsions? I need at least 25 animes for the year.

[SIZE=1]Gory, huh? That's my specialty, you know. So, with that in mind, I aim to help you.

[B]Elfen Lied[/B] is a good choice for something gory. I wouldn't call it action, per se, unless solving the mysteries behind a cute girl with pink hair and MPD suits your deal. By the way, that 'other personality' is a homicidal freak. A word of caution when approaching this: The first ten minutes of the first episode are not for the faint of heart. Blood spurts everywhere, something I consider to be very audacious for the first episode.

[B]Berserk[/B], from what I understand, is a very bloody one. I think it's on DVD, but I can't be too certain. The manga, however, is quite long. Unfortunately, I haven't read any of it because the individual volumes are wrapped in plastic. A testament to its gore-factor, I believe.

[B]Blood+[/B] should be coming out this fall. I've caught up to 23 episodes of it fansubbed, and it is excellent. From what I recall, it is a sequel to [B]Blood: The Last Vampier[/B], though you don't have to have seen the flick to understand it. I haven't. It's filled with mystery concerning the origins of the lead, Saya, and her connection with the Chiroptera and the mysterious figure called Diva. Besides that, there's nothing better than seeing a cute high school girl go berserk with a sword.

Look into the flick if you want. It has to be on DVD.

I've heard that [B]Samurai Deeper Kyo[/B] is on DVD. If it's as good as the manga, which I've read 17 volumes of, it should be one bloody mess after another. Though, I'd be careful with it, seeing as the anime and manga versions rarely match up to each other.

In terms of flicks,[B] Ninja Scroll[/B] is on the top of my list. It's the typical mideval Japan tale, with tons of fight scenes, enemies with bizaare talents, and characters losing more blood than humanely possible. I loved it, and I really want to see it again.

[B]Akira[/B] is also really good. I caught it on DVD in EB Games for $9.99. I absolutely had to get it, and I'm not disappointed. Though, be careful, as it has some scenes that are not for the kiddies in there. If you want to know a little bit of trivia, I hear that this flick has one of the top 100 most horrific scenes in it. I can almost tell you exactly where that scene is if you wanted.

...And I probably gave you more than you bargained for. The scary thing is that I can probably find a lot more for you if I took my time to really think about it. Anyway, I hope that these suggestions helped you.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Stark][SIZE=1]Gory, huh? That's my specialty, you know. So, with that in mind, I aim to help you.

[B]Elfen Lied[/B] is a good choice for something gory. I wouldn't call it action, per se, unless solving the mysteries behind a cute girl with pink hair and MPD suits your deal. By the way, that 'other personality' is a homicidal freak. A word of caution when approaching this: The first ten minutes of the first episode are not for the faint of heart. Blood spurts everywhere, something I consider to be very audacious for the first episode.

[B]Berserk[/B], from what I understand, is a very bloody one. I think it's on DVD, but I can't be too certain. The manga, however, is quite long. Unfortunately, I haven't read any of it because the individual volumes are wrapped in plastic. A testament to its gore-factor, I believe.

[B]Blood+[/B] should be coming out this fall. I've caught up to 23 episodes of it fansubbed, and it is excellent. From what I recall, it is a sequel to [B]Blood: The Last Vampier[/B], though you don't have to have seen the flick to understand it. I haven't. It's filled with mystery concerning the origins of the lead, Saya, and her connection with the Chiroptera and the mysterious figure called Diva. Besides that, there's nothing better than seeing a cute high school girl go berserk with a sword.

Look into the flick if you want. It has to be on DVD.

I've heard that [B]Samurai Deeper Kyo[/B] is on DVD. If it's as good as the manga, which I've read 17 volumes of, it should be one bloody mess after another. Though, I'd be careful with it, seeing as the anime and manga versions rarely match up to each other.

In terms of flicks,[B] Ninja Scroll[/B] is on the top of my list. It's the typical mideval Japan tale, with tons of fight scenes, enemies with bizaare talents, and characters losing more blood than humanely possible. I loved it, and I really want to see it again.

[B]Akira[/B] is also really good. I caught it on DVD in EB Games for $9.99. I absolutely had to get it, and I'm not disappointed. Though, be careful, as it has some scenes that are not for the kiddies in there. If you want to know a little bit of trivia, I hear that this flick has one of the top 100 most horrific scenes in it. I can almost tell you exactly where that scene is if you wanted.

...And I probably gave you more than you bargained for. The scary thing is that I can probably find a lot more for you if I took my time to really think about it. Anyway, I hope that these suggestions helped you.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Sniff sniff I hava almost all of those sniff sniff. Anymore? Wait actually no a good number of those I do not know about thank you very much freind. Ok now only harem (ex.love hina happy lesson ect) and romantic comedies (kare kano, Ai ori aoshi) Also female robot on man romance(chobits,mohormatic maiden). Hmm I kinda sound like a sadist oh well.

If your looking for another harem anime try "Dual: Parallel Adventure" It's from the same crew that did Tenchi Muyo. It's much the same style, with giant mecha instead of aliens. You'll probably enjoy it. It has a great sense of humor and alot of romance to it.

Hello guys I just bought a bunch of new anime and I think most of them are good(I read a bunch of reviews). But nothing is better than a live communities oppions on this sort of thing. So here goes

Saber marionette j(and j-x)
Super gals
DNA 2
Hand Maid May

i bought the whole boxset of each and they are on their way from the warehouse are these any good?