OtakuBoards

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Desbreko

SSBB has got to be the WORST, MOST HORRIBLE, MOST HATED GAME IN THE WORLD!

On opposite day!

This games is just simply amazing. The Characters, The stages, The Items, even the movement is amazing. Lets not forget [Spoiler] Stage builder, lucas, Groudon the pokemon, worldwide connection and SNAME!!! [/spoiler] for all who dont check WEEKDAY UPDATES on

[url]http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html[/url]

this site tells you everything so you can be more exciting, or if your not optimistic, tottaly ruins the game.

well thats something to look forward on when it comes out Febuary 10th

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Oh, wow. I almost just slaughtered you, but now I can't stop laughing. That was one of the best-timed jokes I've ever seen. Hooray.

[B][CENTER](^_^)[/CENTER][/B][/FONT][/QUOTE]

That's my Haku! It's nice to see he's posting again. Maybe now he can rack up enough posts to shed that New Member title.

Oh, and change your custom title. Only Nazis kick puppies. 8-bit Theatre said so. It must be true.

Oooh! Spectator mode! Watching others duke it out sounds fun! Maybe you can even pick up some new strategies.

Oh, and before I forget:

[URL="http://www.ssbb.co.uk/"]http://www.ssbb.co.uk/[/URL]

Here's a fansite. It's not as well kept up as the official one, but they have mp3s of the music. I've been listening to Ashley's Theme from Warioware on my iPod!

If I say so this game is in genearaly speaking the most wanted game now, nobody wants mario vs sonic olypics now ( one of mine and aceburners points ) because [spoiler] sonic is in brawl!!!!, I just dont get why king dee dee is in there though? I mean hes cool and all but seriously why!?! hes not so much of a main character, a somewhat major villan ( less popular then meta-night) and kinda crappy attacks ( check the website I had posted earlier) [/spoiler]

[quote name='haku877']If I say so....[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Only if you say so? :p

[quote name='haku877][spoiler']I just dont get why king dee dee is in there though? I mean hes cool and all but seriously why!?! hes not so much of a main character, a somewhat major villan ( less popular then meta-night) and kinda crappy attacks[/spoiler][/quote]
That website is linked in the thread's first post. We're all goin' there already. :whoops:

And I'm pretty sure that the oversized penguin will get a fairly decent set. You just gotta know how to use it.

[B]Edit:[/B] Oh snap. Dark Link, Dark Fox, and Goth Zelda.[/FONT]

Yes. I do say things.( from last post ).

O.K just to start a topic what is your Favorite final smash and least favorite?(+ why)

I would say my favorite revealed so far is Mario's, Pit's or Fox's just because it's such a huge range! and it looks so cool!

My least is Peaches. WTF is with that! If its an FFA its pointless, the fall asleep for a small amount of time, of you heal like 30% damage, its only good on teams.

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]I curious about the Pokemon Trainer's color change...

I'm sure they won't, but I wondered if you could change into other regions' trainer...heavily doubt it though. :P

I love Pikachu's Green Costume, though. Ruby Male Trainer was my favorite. :smirk:[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I would have to agree, maybe the pokemon get different stuff or something like that.

today I know we have a new assist trophy but come on! its cool and all but I want to know about the bigger stuff! It may ruin it for some people, but it make me want it more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:animenose

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]

Actually, for some reason, I didn't even think about the Pokemon getting different stuff. XD[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Well, technically you play as the Pokemon, so it would make sense to have shinies or hats, but playing as the male Hoenn trainer would be fun.

Here's a wishful thought: what if they use different region starters? Croconaw? yes please.

Unfortunately, they would have to animate every one individually, I think. Any verification?

[color=#4B0082]Since that would require using completely different character models I think you can count that idea out. All the other changes we've seen so far have simply been reskins of the same models (which looks weird for Samus' fusion suit) and I doubt they'd go so far as to not only do whole new models for one character, but the three-in-one for the Pokémon Trainer. Not to mention different character models equals different hit box locations, which could give some of the variations advantages over others.

On another note, I get the feeling I'm going to be the only one playing the white tunic Link amid a sea of Dark Links.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Since that would require using completely different character models I think you can count that idea out. All the other changes we've seen so far have simply been reskins of the same models (which looks weird for Samus' fusion suit) and I doubt they'd go so far as to not only do whole new models for one character, but the three-in-one for the Pokémon Trainer. Not to mention different character models equals different hit box locations, which could give some of the variations advantages over others.

On another note, I get the feeling I'm going to be the only one playing the white tunic Link amid a sea of Dark Links.[/color][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured as much. And I definitely agree with the Fusion Suit looking weird.

Also, Des, you use KLAN LINK?!:o

[quote name='Aceburner']Yeah, I figured as much. And I definitely agree with the Fusion Suit looking weird.

Also, Des, you use KLAN LINK?!:o[/QUOTE]

That link is very popular yes....I too use it. but I have to agree its the dark link sea's beggining.

About the whole trainer thing, its possible to have different trainers but it wouldnt be that cool, changing pokemon? cool! acctually doing it, not possibele, you would have to have completely different charcters, moves,Final smashes,attacks. Sound like a new character?its cool but not possible, most likely different pokemon stuff cause the trainer isint that important.:rolleyes:

[quote name='Aceburner']Yeah, I figured as much. And I definitely agree with the Fusion Suit looking weird.

Also, Des, you use KLAN LINK?!:o[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Haha, yes, I always use the white skin whenever there's one available, with purple being my second choice. White Marth, white Link, purple Samus, purple Ganondorf; Mario is an exception because the classic reverse colors with red overalls and blue shirt/cap is awesome. I even use the white and pink skin for Captain Falcon.

I'm going to love kicking the crap out of all the emo Dark Link players out there with my white tunic Link though. As if it weren't fun enough whenever someone makes fun of my color choice only to get slapped down by my white dress Peach.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082] blah blah blah, [B]White Marth[/B'], blah blah, blah[/color][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I have never lost a match as Red Marth. Ever.

But no, I'm really excited by a Goth Zelda. Especially since I am going to make it a point to make her my second. (I wanna know what Goth Sheik looks like.)

Lucas' Final Smash is all right. Never much cared for Ness (though I cede he's a decent opponent), so it's really a "meh" for me, but it still looks painful.[/FONT]

[quote name='haku877']About the whole trainer thing, its possible to have different trainers but it wouldnt be that cool, changing pokemon? cool! acctually doing it, not possibele, you would have to have completely different charcters, moves,Final smashes,attacks. Sound like a new character?its cool but not possible, most likely different pokemon stuff cause the trainer isint that important.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You'd need different character models. You wouldn't nessecarily need to get new attacks because the attacks are basically usable by all respective starters. you would, however, have to design new hit boxes, so it wouldn't be exactly the same character.

About the white tunic: really the only reason I make fun of it is because of the hat. Plus the fact that Ocarina of Time is a racist game (flip the Triforce upside-down and it's a Klan symbol. Also, ever notice that you're trying to kill the only green-skinned guy in the entire game?)

In closing, this is all in jest. Please don't sue me, Nintendo.

[color=#4B0082]The Triforce symbol has been around far longer than the KKK. It's based on the family crest of the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C5%8Dj%C5%8D_clan][u]Hōjō clan[/u][/url]. Just FYI. :triforce:

Allamorph, I look forward to crushing your pansy red Marth. I will bring all of OB under the heel of my white supremacy.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]The Triforce symbol has been around far longer than the KKK. It's based on the family crest of the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C5%8Dj%C5%8D_clan][u]Hōjō clan[/u][/url]. Just FYI. :triforce:[/color][/QUOTE]

I know. The triple-delta is a pretty popular symbol. I just like to read into things way too much.

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I have never lost a match as Red Marth. Ever.

But no, I'm really excited by a Goth Zelda. Especially since I am going to make it a point to make her my second. (I wanna know what Goth Sheik looks like.)

Lucas' Final Smash is all right. Never much cared for Ness (though I cede he's a decent opponent), so it's really a "meh" for me, but it still looks painful.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Ness? i loved him!

The whole zelda thing...LEARN TO READ PEOPLE, the descripsion is, [B]OLD ZELDA![/B]

She has grey hair,its old,just saying,I like commas,,,,,,,,,,,

Lucas's FS is pretty cool, but I could escape it,I hope lol:animeswea

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they've confirmed Sheik at this point as being a form for Zelda in Brawl. Do you guys think it's likely that they'll keep her in for this game, or is it possible that a greater number of characters are intended to make up for "individual multiples"? They're my main characters for Melee, so I'd be highly disappointed if they decided not to keep them. lol

And while we're on the subject, does anyone think that individual character depth is going to be sacrificed in favor of numerous additional characters? From what I've seen so far, I'd say probably not, but.. seeing as Sakurai hasn't really denied the return of any characters, perhaps the new ones will simply be added on to the current roster.

[quote name='Syk3']Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they've confirmed Sheik at this point as being a form for Zelda in Brawl. Do you guys think it's likely that they'll keep her in for this game, or is it possible that a greater number of characters are intended to make up for "individual multiples"? They're my main characters for Melee, so I'd be highly disappointed if they decided not to keep them. lol[/QUOTE]

Well, considering Pokemon Trainer and Zero Suit Samus, I would be VERY surprised if Sheik wasn't playable. Besides, Subspace has plenty of room for any lore, even Hylian.

[quote name='Syk3']Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they've confirmed Sheik at this point as being a form for Zelda in Brawl.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Well, they haven't really said anything about her at all, so I'm assuming she's returning with the same moveset, including the transformation.

[QUOTE][I]And while we're on the subject, does anyone think that individual character depth is going to be sacrificed in favor of numerous additional characters?[/I][/QUOTE]
I'm not really sure what you mean by "depth", so....

Let's just say that if Marth does not return, I will be extremely angered. As in, Alex will look like Naps the Cat by comparison.[/FONT]