OtakuBoards

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Desbreko

[quote name='Aceburner']That's right folks, I suck at Smash, too. But I still play. I was actually referring to the fact that I suck at life, but whatever.

I need a taco...[/QUOTE]

1.No Emo Lad,hes not popular yet...yet...yet
2.you don't suck at life you fail at it...or it fails at you...idk i always get those confused
3.King dee dee's final smash? come on, nothing personal but summoning those things? I mean that is one of his standard moves
4.theres gonna be a lot of pokemon

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#4B0082]Less suckage and off-topic posts, more SSBB imo.

So [url=http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164779][u]I hear[/u][/url] Europe is getting screwed on Brawl's release date. February 10 is already a long enough wait after the delay from December 3 (we could've had it by now!), but July? Ouch. That's going to suck if it ends up being true.

On the other hand, it would make crushing some of my fellow OBers all the easier since I'd have a lengthy head start with the game. :toothy:[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Less suckage and off-topic posts, more SSBB imo.[/color][/QUOTE]

Yoyoi, not my fault no one cares about the return of the best stage evar. Hyrule Temple is where Haku and I (but mostly Haku) participate in some of our most epic brawls. I usually get slaughtered fairly early on, but with more than 2 players, I can get a few hits in sometimes.

Oh, and I learned something a while back about Smash while playing a newbie: hit and run... doesn't work well. I usually end up on a one way trip to sailing off the stage land that way. But you probably all know that. Or maybe I'm doing it wrong?:confused:

[color=#4B0082]The Temple returning in Brawl is cool, yeah. But, you know, I've already played it to death. So it's hard for me to get excited about it.

Hit and run usually only works well if you're good at evading and your character is faster than your opponent's. (But then, why aren't you comboing them?) Or if you're decently fast and have projectiles. Though against less experienced players you can make them chase you and let their guard down, at which point you can turn around and pwn them when they're not expecting it. People tend to get annoyed when you run from them and become reckless in trying to hit you.

I use that run and bait strategy a lot when I'm playing in groups where there's one or two okay players and at least one beginner in the match. I evade the decent players (they're usually after me 'cause I'm usually the best one in the group), only taking opportune shots when they leave themselves open, while I pick off the beginner. Then I turn around and fight full on all of a sudden to KO my pursuers. They never end up getting many KOs because they're always after me and I get KOs off of both them and the beginner.[/color]

By the looks of the update, the selection seems limeted, kinda seems crappy for a second.

Ave, the think with you, you just hit and run, we always quit on you...we never really liked it:animeswea .Besides the fact of old maps what about the general idea of these new ones? there could be some more detail to them.

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]The Temple returning in Brawl is cool, yeah. But, you know, I've already played it to death. So it's hard for me to get excited about it.

Hit and run usually only works well if you're good at evading and your character is faster than your opponent's. (But then, why aren't you comboing them?) Or if you're decently fast and have projectiles. Though against less experienced players you can make them chase you and let their guard down, at which point you can turn around and pwn them when they're not expecting it. People tend to get annoyed when you run from them and become reckless in trying to hit you.

I use that run and bait strategy a lot when I'm playing in groups where there's one or two okay players and at least one beginner in the match. I evade the decent players (they're usually after me 'cause I'm usually the best one in the group), only taking opportune shots when they leave themselves open, while I pick off the beginner. Then I turn around and fight full on all of a sudden to KO my pursuers. They never end up getting many KOs because they're always after me and I get KOs off of both them and the beginner.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]I actually employed that exact strategy with a girl i played the other day. She was Sheik and i was Jigglypuff. Now... this may seem a bit insulting right off the bat to any experienced player - to choose Jigglypuff against Sheik in a 1v1 - but i already faced her with fox the match before and when i chose Jiggly i somewhat expected her to change and she did not.

Anyways, it was really funny. I would walk away at about 60% of full speed and she'd come at me when i would just turn and give her a good forward smash in the face. I swear, i did that same thing about 20 times without exageration that match. She just could not figure out another strategy. But then again... i guess i'd chase Jigglypuff too if i saw it walking away from me.

She was a decent player, but i'm a seasoned veteran. I won.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]Jigglypuff is deceptively agile. My brother plays on him (her? it?) a fair bit and it really makes me temper my aggresiveness. Even on Marth, if I just try to go all out attacking, he'll play hit and run and punish me for it. I have to play more defensively, waiting for him to come to me and creating good openings in order to land big hits.

Of course, he gets annoyed if I play Link vs Jigglypuff and also do hit and run with my projectiles, since Jiggly has none. :p

Playing Ganondorf vs fast characters like Fox is my favorite way to show up less experienced players though. The speed means nothing if they can't combo me or dodge really well.[/color]

Man, I thought they were done messing up the online play, but then they pull this NPC crap on us, lol.

NPCs replacing a human player when they leave [I]would[/I] have been a great idea, but their conscious decision to make it so that nobody knows when a player is replaced with a computer was stupid as hell. Now you'll never really know whether you're playing against another human or not, unless you know the AI pretty well. I wish I knew why Nintendo wants to suck any potential community aspect out of this game.

[FONT=Arial]I think the better players will be able to tell if a CPU steps in. I mean, a level nine really isn't that much of a challenge, considering.

And honestly, I would rather not know if someone wimped out. Knowing would just make me irritable.[/FONT]

[quote name='John']Man, I thought they were done messing up the online play, but then they pull this NPC crap on us, lol.

NPCs replacing a human player when they leave [I]would[/I] have been a great idea, but their conscious decision to make it so that nobody knows when a player is replaced with a computer was stupid as hell. Now you'll never really know whether you're playing against another human or not, unless you know the AI pretty well. I wish I knew why Nintendo wants to suck any potential community aspect out of this game.[/QUOTE]

No its a human, they have names and messages, if a person disconnects, they forfeit ( I'm really not all the way sure,but I'm pretty positive), or if its a team the person might be screwed. Also they are not ruining it, and I think a lot of us would agree stop flaming a forum page if you don't like something, just a quick comment and be on, please.

[color=#4B0082]Names and taunt messages aren't displayed when you use the With Anyone option. They only show up while playing with friends.

Unless they've made absolutely massive improvements to the AI since Melee, it's going to be very obvious when a human gets swapped out for a CPU. Though I'm still not sure whether I'm going to like the feature or not.[/color]

[quote name='haku877']No its a human, they have names and messages, if a person disconnects, they forfeit ( I'm really not all the way sure,but I'm pretty positive), or if its a team the person might be screwed. Also they are not ruining it, and I think a lot of us would agree stop flaming a forum page if you don't like something, just a quick comment and be on, please.[/quote] [URL]http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi04.html[/URL]

[IMG]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/994/monitorslapbqw0es6.gif[/IMG]

Guest Hellrell666
Hello people so what do you think of the fact that the hidden characters will be easier to access. I think it will be harder to weed out the noobs and the uber noobs. Not really feeling playing with anyone who hasn't even played enough to unlock Mewtwo. I know I'm not the best but still I feel like you at least should be smart enough to leave your wii on over night. Run if you want I'll start my combo with misdirection.

HINT: Remember you can't block or catch items and avoid me at the same time.

[quote name='Hellrell666']HINT: Remember you can't block or catch items and avoid me at the same time.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Ehh, I'm pretty certain that that is not the case. :animesmil

So, started working with Zelda with a voluntary ban on Sheik, and let it be known that I suck. :p Got a frikkin' hard crew to play against, though ? one decent Samus, one aggravating Ganondorf, and one really good all-around ? so I doubt I'm all that bad, but it's a lot more difficult for me to stay in the fray now, and I have a built-in distaste for long-range spamming. Her pathetic dashing kills me more times than I'd like to admit (although I did outrun Ganondorf once, which was a little amusing), and I'm still getting the timing down on a few aerials, but I am starting to get a half-way decent feel for the Magic Boot-O-Death, and I can usually hang in the matches 'til we've all hit the two-stock mark.

All this because of one new outfit. I am such a nerd.

In other news, I recently found my Rape button and managed to keep it activated for a good minute before I mind-gamed myself back to Suck-land. Not only did I not take damage for the entire time, but I also kept the other two guys away from each other while beating the snot out of them. (Marth's good like that.) Three KOs inside of sixty seconds made me feel a little better; I think I've improved to about a six on the Spinal Tap ten-scale. :p[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Okay, I've watched this thread long enough and I've just never really posted...Anything.

My favorite character is Captain Falcon. I think; 'I don't need weakjectiles to fight. I dodge better than anyone, and I'll grab you when you least expect it. My Falcon Punch is useless but beware of my Up + B attack. You've been warned.'

Seriously, not too big of a fan of the Wiik and Super Smash Bros. but I also think it's one of the Gamecube's strongest titles and so I'm kinda lookin' foward to bashing some pokeskulls in, slapping Mario in his becoming lame face, and possibly showing Sheik that she's just some tranny in a tightsuit.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='silpheedpilot][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]My favorite character is Captain Falcon. I think; 'I don't need weakjectiles to fight. I dodge better than anyone, and I'll grab you when you least expect it. My Falcon Punch is useless but beware of my Up + B attack. You've been warned.'[/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Roy laughs at you. :p

(Marth, on the other hand, doesn't seem to give a rip.)[/FONT]

this makes me sad T_T Waluigi is a assist trophy, he would be so much cooler a character I think, and come on ace the whole candle Jack thing? BRILLIANT! or at least the game needs some one piece or [I][B][U]MAYBE[/U][/B][/I] naruto, and quite possibly some more moves (e.g[I] four sword link[/I] that would be cool!!!!!!!!)

[quote name='haku877']this makes me sad T_T Waluigi is a assist trophy, he would be so much cooler a character I think, and come on ace the whole candle Jack thing? BRILLIANT! or at least the game needs some one piece or [I][B][U]MAYBE[/U][/B][/I] naruto, and quite possibly some more moves (e.g[I] four sword link[/I] that would be cool!!!!!!!!)[/QUOTE]

You're doing it wrong. Candle Jack's supposed to abduct you for saying his name before you finish your post.

Anyway, I can't really imagine what Waluigi would be like as a character. I mean, we've never really seen him in action. All he's ever in is Mario spinoffs, so we've never really seen what he can do. I suppose they could make a movelist for him. Heck, they pulled off Captain Falcon somehow. I just don't think it's too detrimental to gamepl

[quote name='Aceburner']You're doing it wrong. Candle Jack's supposed to abduct you for saying his name before you finish your post.

Anyway, I can't really imagine what Waluigi would be like as a character. I mean, we've never really seen him in action. All he's ever in is Mario spinoffs, so we've never really seen what he can do. I suppose they could make a movelist for him. Heck, they pulled off Captain Falcon somehow. I just don't think it's too detrimental to gamepl[/QUOTE]

was he supposed to cut you off when you say candle jack or what? cause I just didn't finish my sentence, my bad I must have not said it correctly ^_^

They could make a move list I mean, I found some people in japan on myspace and apparently its gonna be a small character list!!!!!!! i mean that just su

This is the one game that makes me want to go buy a Wii. I've never played Melee but I still enjoy playing the original.

However, I hope they leave Ness in Brawl. I have a friend who is a big Ness fan and she would be mad if they took him out lol.

Does anyone think they might put him in?

[color=#4B0082]I'm not sure. The inclusion of [url=http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/lucas.html][u]Lucas[/u][/url] makes it seem like they might not include Ness this time around. But they also make a big deal of the differences between Lucas' and Ness' moves, so that could be taken to mean Ness will appear as well. Now that I think about it, I can't recall if Ness has been shown in any Brawl screen shots or not.

I can't wait to use the line, "[url=http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various19.html]Hey baby, wanna beat all event matches?[/url]"[/color]