OtakuBoards

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Desbreko

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Sonic's homing spin looks devilish. I like. I also like the sheer speed of Zero Suit Samus; apparently her Final allows her to regain her power suit??[/FONT][/QUOTE]
I really can't wait to play as Sonic. The way he recovers from hits so easily and can get from one side of the stage to the other so quickly just amazes me. I'm looking forward to him.

There's a good five minutes of Brawl game play on GameTrailers. Click [url=http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29932.html]here[/url]. There's a couple final smashes in there as well.[/COLOR][/FONT]

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#4B0082]Sonic does look pretty awesome but I'm looking forward to Snake more. Snake looks kind of like a cross between Sheik and Captain Falcon for his close range moves and then he's got explosives too. Plus I can never resist fly-by-wire missiles. I think he's going to be one of my favorite new characters.[/color]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"]Snakes moves seem like a giggle to me, no matter how many trailers/videos i watch (my bro has shown me loads).

I personally can't wait =D Tho i am abit miffed that Marth isn't in it anymore, but Ike seems to be a decent enough replacement.

Ohh, and the pokemon look as nuts as ever. On SSBM me and my brother frequantly went onto a stage, turned all items except for the pokeball off, set the item to drop on a regular basis, then turned damage to 200%. Seriously, the screen just goes mad and at several points you can't see anything xD

So i'm hoping to be able to get that sorta LOL experiece again![/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='femme fatale'][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]I personally can't wait =D Tho i am abit miffed that Marth isn't in it anymore, but Ike seems to be a decent enough replacement. [/FONT][/SIZE][/quote][COLOR=#503F86]I don't think all the characters have been revealed yet. I'll be dead shocked if they have. If current speculation is anything to go by, Marth might yet be playable.

It's so frustrating, though- I've not been able to concentrate all day because a desire for concrete Brawl news has invaded my mind and made itself my top priority. I had so much work planned for today...[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]I don't think all the characters have been revealed yet. I'll be dead shocked if they have. If current speculation is anything to go by, Marth might yet be playable.

It's so frustrating, though- I've not been able to concentrate all day because a desire for concrete Brawl news has invaded my mind and made itself my top priority. I had so much work planned for today...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"]Unless they've gotten rid of one of the sword weilders, either Marth or Roy, then i highly doubt they're back =/ I mean it was abit silly having 2 characters in SSBM that had near on identical moves, let alone 3.

Of course i could be wrong, they could just as easily be unlockable characters, but as i said, i'm quite content with having Ike as he seems a decent enough replacement. Not to mention i reckon i'll be having fun with Kirbys new smash move for a good while.

And dude, just noticed, the game comes out 2 days before my birthday. Boo ya. Guess what i'm getting for my 20th xD
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]There's a lot of characters from SSBM that haven't been shown in SSBB yet but I doubt they've dropped all of them. They're mainly focusing on new characters and trickling out information bit by bit to get people hyped up, just like they did before SSBM's release. We only saw a small part of SSBM's cast before its release so there will no doubt be many more characters in SSBB than what's been shown so far.

Ike isn't a good replacement for Marth though; the play styles of the two are complete opposites, with Marth focused on fast hits and combos whereas Ike has slow but really powerful attacks. I expect Ike to replace Roy but they'd be stupid to drop Marth as well, especially since Marth is one of the best and most popular characters in SSBM.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Ike isn't a good replacement for Marth though; the play styles of the two are complete opposites, with Marth focused on fast hits and combos whereas Ike has slow but really powerful attacks. I expect Ike to replace Roy but they'd be stupid to drop Marth as well, especially since Marth is one of the best and most popular characters in SSBM.[/color][/QUOTE]
[color=black][size=1]That's alright then, i used Roy far more than Marth anyway, i thought the fire was a cool addition to all his hits. My friend enjoyed using Marth in black and calling himself zoro xD[/color][/size]

[quote name='femme fatale][color=black][size=1]That's alright then, i used Roy far more than Marth anyway, i thought the fire was a cool addition to all his hits. My friend enjoyed using Marth in black and calling himself zoro xD[/color'][/size][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I use Roy when heavy hitters are in play. His Counter is brutal if it's got enough force striking it. It does mean I have to get closer than with Marth, though. But if I can counter a Samus charge shot right as someone else is dodging, then it is well worth it. And I can KO Ganondorf at 0% if he's stupid. :animesmil

I also use Roy for speed training. I figure if I can beat someone up decently as the slower guy, I can wail on them with Mr. Finesse. (Especially when I get the Bunny Hood. Marth spam!!)

But yeah, Ike is no replacement for either. Looks like a totally different feel. Still heavy on the aerials, but a lot more lead-in time.

I want to see his Eruption in action.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I use Roy when heavy hitters are in play. His Counter is brutal if it's got enough force striking it. It does mean I have to get closer than with Marth, though. But if I can counter a Samus charge shot right as someone else is dodging, then it is well worth it. And I can KO Ganondorf at 0% if he's stupid. :animesmil[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Well characters i usually used were; Kirby, Roy, Browser and Mewtwo (i just liked grabbing people midair and flinging them everywhere lol). So if i went for speed it'd probably be Kirby with his fists of fury *insert dramatic pose*

So i kinda used a mix of different people, although regardless of who i used that blasted magic hand was a b*tch ><;

Ohh and i'm not entirely sure if this has been said or not (sorry but i [i]really[/i] can't be arsed to look back thru 23pgs), but Jigglypuff, Ness & some other pokemon alll in it as unlockables =P Nintendo screwed up (or did they..?) and showed off these characters in a screenshot, which they took down the next day =) Don't know how long ago, my bro told me >>;[/size]

[COLOR=#503f86]No idea. Looks quite cute, though.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]The sheer number of these confirmed/de-confirmed characters, rumours, 'leaked rosters' and "I know this" claimants is giving me a headache. 'Prophets'? Please, this is hardly the second coming. I can't believe how desperately some people will clutch at straws to try and confirm something that they won't definitely know for another three-four (perhaps five) days.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]I'm almost past caring now. I just want the game.[/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]So the opening cinematic is finally out on the internet. Click [url=http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30051.html]here[/url] to watch it. But heed my warning, it contains spoilers for returning characters. ;)[/COLOR][/FONT]

*Shakes Des's hand*

Congratulations, your prayers have been answered, sir. What are you going to do next?

Oh, and I'm 98% sure the vid's legit. It's on Gametrailers, who as far as I'm aware don't typically release April Fool's jokes 3 months early.

EDIT: ...

......IF THIS IS A LEGITIMATE PICTURE JESUS HAD A HAND IN THIS GAME.

[IMG]http://ranobe.com/up/src/up254056.jpg[/IMG]

SAKURAI, I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING NEGATIVE I HAVE EVER SAID ABOUT THIS GAME.

[quote name='Aceburner']*Shakes Des's hand*

Congratulations, your prayers have been answered, sir. What are you going to do next?[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]More like I totally called it from the start, but whatever. I'm just happy that [spoiler]Marth[/spoiler] is indeed returning. And I'm going to whoop you all with him come March 9.

That screen shot looks more legit than most others I've been seeing. All the character models look real and not pasted in from other games as far as I can tell. The only thing that looks off to me is that Lucario isn't in the same column as Pikachu and the Pokémon Trainer, and Bowser isn't with the other Mario Bros. characters. But that could just be due to characters getting shuffled around as new ones are unlocked, like in SSBM.[/color]

[quote name='Aceburner'][IMG]http://ranobe.com/up/src/up254056.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
[color=black][size=1]Oh wow, if that [i]is[/i] real, then you can play as Wind Waker Link! How cool, i love that game ^^ Although i can't really imagine what his moves are guna be like *iimagines Link waving a wand at someone* o_O

And damn ><; I'd rather have Roy that Marth.[/color][/size]

[quote name='femme fatale'][color=black][size=1]Oh wow, if that [i]is[/i] real, then you can play as Wind Waker Link! How cool, i love that game ^^ Although i can't really imagine what his moves are guna be like *iimagines Link waving a wand at someone* o_O

And damn ><; I'd rather have Roy that Marth.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

If he uses the Windwaker, it'll probably be only for his final smash.

Bah, who cares? He can ride a magical flying turd into battle and I'd still main him.

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][quote name='femme fatale'][color=black][size=1]Oh wow, if that [i]is[/i] real, then you can play as Wind Waker Link! How cool, i love that game ^^ Although i can't really imagine what his moves are guna be like *iimagines Link waving a wand at someone* o_O[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
Haha, I'm hoping they'll be taking most of his moves from Phantom Hourglass as opposed to Wind Waker.

And it just dawned on me. Captain Falcons final smash is going to be [i]epic[/i]. Just imagine "FAAALCOOON SMAAASH!!!!"

Oh yes. There will be blood. >:3[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Okay, I've got some more treats for you guys. [B]If you don't want the game to be spoiled then completely overlook this post.[/B]

Click [url=http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/168061.html?playlist=featured]here[/url] for a long video with tons of Subspace cut scenes (confirms a lot of characters). And Click [url=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233454]here[/url] for a thread containing a butt load of new information. There's a complete character roster (it pretty much matches the one Ace put up but with a couple more guys), some new stages and some other stuff. Enjoy! I know I did!

EDIT: Also what do you guys think of this?
[img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg181/xblah/ssbm/1201615617483.jpg[/img][/COLOR][/FONT]