OtakuBoards

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Desbreko

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']What are you talking about? Ganondorf was never able to jump twice after using his down+B. He's still able to jump once, plus use his up-B, after it in Brawl the same as in Melee. In both you can jump once, use down+B, then jump again, or you can use down+B off an edge and jump once.[/color][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Melee had a jump-reset thingy built into Ganondorf's down-B; where you could use your mid-air jump, kick, use it again, kick, use it again,....as many times as you wanted. It made up for his relative slowness and the ease he could be struck through by allowing him to recover from bizarre distances to either side, similar to Marth's Dancing-Blade hopping that I got so annoying with. And since he's a heavy, it made his KO danger zone even higher than it was naturally, which could tick people off. A low-trajectory blow could do him in, but if he managed to recover at a decent height above the stage? at least one character-height, let's say?he could make it back from even an (game- calculated) inch of the screen edge.

Granted, his back-air was nasty, and I hated fighting against his up-air, but it was that return of the second jump that made him more fun to play with.

But we checked, and if he's already jumped twice, he can't jump again after using his down-B anymore.

Also, his Warlock Punch is now beautiful. But he's still kind of depressing.

Agreed on the single-hit. (Even though the double-smack was fun.)[/FONT]

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#4B0082]Ah, okay, I see what you're saying. I never thought to use his down-B as a recovery move since it makes you fly downward in the air. But if you can keep jumping every time afterwards I can see how that would be worth it.

Really though, that sounds more like a bug than an intended feature of the move. And he already has decent recovery ability with his up-B, comparable to that of Link (and even better if you can grab someone with it since that gives you another jump), so I can see why they removed it in Brawl.

By the way, I still can't decide whether or not I like his side-B being changed to throw people onto the ground instead of hit them up in the air. Putting them in the air meant you could bring his up-air into play to hit them in nearly any direction you wanted, but throwing them onto the ground means you can do nasty things like a SHFF forward-A as they stand up.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]Does anybody miss any of those old more advanced techniques from melee? Mainly i'm talking about the running smash and the wave dash. The running smash being where you run and instantly smash someone without stopping (this is achieved by hitting down just as you smash). Or the wave dash where you jump just a little then midair dodge down to the ground at an angle so that your character slides a bit. I personally really miss the running smash. It was brutal with fox in melee and now i can't do it.

I've only played the game a few times. Are there any new tricks that not many people know about?

[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]I miss L-canceling more than anything else. I'd been using it since the original SSB and it just feels odd not to have it in Brawl. It also means I can't use down-airs nearly so liberally. But at least it seems like lag on a lot of other types of moves has been reduced when you land in the middle of them.

I don't miss wavedashing terribly much. I was pretty good at it and could do some nasty combos combining wavedashing with SHFFL's on Marth but playing without it hasn't been that hard.

Oh, and for doing a smash attack from a running start, you can tap the shield button to stop yourself and then smash immediately after your shield goes down. (Smashing with the C-stick is actually useful now for this since it's easier to get the timing right.) It's not as fast as you could do it in Melee but it's faster than stopping normally and then smashing.

Also, a tip for people: Always air dodge when you get launched really fast. It decreases your momentum and keeps you from flying as far. I picked up this trick from playing against level 9 CPU's and it makes a big difference.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Also, a tip for people: Always air dodge when you get launched really fast. It decreases your momentum and keeps you from flying as far. I picked up this trick from playing against level 9 CPU's and it makes a big difference.[/color][/QUOTE]

Man, I could have used that tip when I was helping my friend on Cruel Brawl the other day. Oh, well.

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']Ah, okay, I see what you're saying. I never thought to use his down-B as a recovery move since it makes you fly downward in the air. But if you can keep jumping every time afterwards I can see how that would be worth it.[/color][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Actually, we just discovered the bug (which it is, I think) last semester while getting ourselves psyched up for Brawl. Someone did it by accident and we all went o_O. And then there were about five matches where everyone and their mother was Ganondorf so we could test for ourselves.

I like his side-B now because of it's mid-air application. "You! On the ground! Now!"[/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]Yeah, I wish I'd known that earlier. I used to really enjoy showing people that a skilled Ganondorf player could destroy a mediocre player on a fast character like Fox and it would've given me one more ace up my sleeve. I only ever met one other person who played Ganondorf and most other people thought he sucked.

And yes, his side-B is much more useful in the air now. In Melee it barely hit people down at all unless they were at really high percent. In Brawl I can use side-B and down-B as air-to-ground attacks and actually have them be effective. Now that I think about it, that tips the scales in favor of the new side-B.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Ok so idea. For easy stickers and some CD's heres a smart idea me and my friend made.

[IMG]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e298/anime54321/untitleddfghdfghfgh-1.jpg[/IMG]

Now, imagine the black are conveyerbelts, and red are blocks, and lines are team colors and where they are.

have only sandbags on and teams of 3 vs 1 or 2v1, or 1v1 1 person runs around picking stuff up top while the other 3 sit there and kill all sandbags that fall. free stuff!

( good 3 team characters are Metanights tornado, falcons punch, and Ike's anything.:animesmil GRAET COMBO!! also the caracter on his own should be sonic so hes fast wont fall of conveyerbelts and can pick up cd's faster cause they dissapear quick!

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]I wrote and posted this on the GameFAQs Brawl forum for some reason. Maybe you guys will be interested in reading it.

[quote=myself][center][b][size=4]Why Donkey Kong's Final Smash is ONE of the best in the game.[/size][/b][/center]

First let's just look at Donkey Kong for a bit. In the original smash bros. game, he was considered to be the strongest character in the game. No other character could quite pack a punch like DK. In melee, Donkey Kong was not gimped. He didn't exactly get any upgrades but still, he remained a good, solid character. Now in Brawl, I feel that DK is a lot stronger in ways. This is mostly thanks to his Final Smash. The DK Bongos.

Now Final Smashes can be very different from each other, and it's hard to say one is better then another, but if you use the bongos correctly, his FS can beat out almost every other FS. Before I go on, if you don't already know the "secret" to working his final smash, it's very simple. You just tap any group of buttons (I've found just hitting one doesn't work unless I was pressing the wrong button) to the beat of the song playing during his final smash. It's a very standard beat so it's easy to do.

Every time you hit the right button(s) right on time it makes the sound waves from his bongos much wider, stronger and dangerous to other players. Let me just say that this FS is not good on a large sized stage. But if you can pull this off anywhere near the middle of a medium or small stage, the sound waves (because they're so large, go through walls and such and constantly rotate) pretty much hit everything on the entire stage. It becomes almost impossible to dodge, and even if you do manage to escape one sound wave another one just follows and catches you.

And that's the nicest thing about these sound waves, if you get hit once by them, because they hit you a little up into the air and they're rotating at the same time, you get stuck in its sequence. It's true that you weren't hitting the button on time, the character can easily escape them even after they've been hit but because tapping whatever button makes them so large characters either get stuck in it or fly off the edge of the stage. And when that happens they have to jump back onto the stage where the sound waves are covering everything (although it's likely that by the time they get back to the stage the song will be over). But that's another bonus to the FS. The character it goes with.

Even if your opponents survive the smash, because it's so easy for DK to finish off an opponent with regular attacks, the FS serves as a great setup for the character. So why did I write all this? Well.. mostly because I'm at work and I'm done all my work for the day with about 15 minutes till I can leave, but also because I find a lot of people complain about DK's FS saying it's useless. Now you know that's not true. :D

Thank you for reading what I have to say![/quote]
I'm pretty bored. :animestun

[b]EDIT:[/b] Click [url=http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=42245198]here[/url] to read the GameFAQs members responses. Pretty funny, lol.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]I wrote and posted this on the GameFAQs Brawl forum for some reason. Maybe you guys will be interested in reading it.

I'm pretty bored. :animestun

[b]EDIT:[/b] Click [url=http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=42245198]here[/url] to read the GameFAQs members responses. Pretty funny, lol.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Those GF'ers never cease to amuse me!

A wall of text is an impenetrable fortress of upwards of nine lines in a row with no paragraph breaks. "Too long, didn't read" indicates laziness.

This is probably why I only ever dink around the Apollo Justice board.

[color=#4B0082]So now that the game's been out for a while, what characters are everyone preferring? My primary is still Marth but I use a decent number of other characters too. I thought it would be interesting to sort them into tiers based on how well I play them.

[b]1st tier:[/b] Marth
Though the gap isn't especially large right now, I'm still better with Marth than anyone else. I love his play style and spend more time on him than any other character so it's unlikely I'll match him with anyone else.

[b]2nd tier:[/b] Ike, Link, Samus/ZS Samus, Pikachu
Link and Samus are old favorites that I've enjoyed since the original SSB so I know them incredibly well. ZS Samus took some getting used to but I'm fast becoming adept with her. And Pikachu made a major comeback in Brawl which I'm loving since he was my primary in the original SSB. Ike, I fell in love with immediately; being slow and hard-hitting, yet still able to fend off fast characters, is another style of play that I really enjoy and I picked up on his moves and combos incredibly fast.

[b]3rd tier:[/b] Mario, Zelda, Lucario, Ganondorf
Mario's and Zelda's moves are nearly identical to what they had in Melee (though Zelda got some nice little buffs) so I'm still liking them. Zelda, especially, seems a lot better now and I really enjoy using her; if I can get better with her side-airs she'll probably move up to 2nd tier. Ganondorf, on the other hand, is starting to feel not quite as good as in Melee. Lucario was a pleasant surprise after the suckage that was Mewtwo in Melee and I've steadily been getting better on him.

[b]4th tier:[/b] Peach, Toon Link, Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong
I'm not that great on these characters but I still enjoy playing them every now and then. Peach is just plain fun to slap people down with and Toon Link is a nice variation on Link who's actually worth using now. Captain Falcon is easier to control than in Melee so now I actually play him again but his attacks also seem a bit weaker and I have a hard time getting KOs. Diddy feels similar to the old Pikachu from SSB but I barely play him since the new Pikachu is worth using again.

[b]Characters that I suck with but want to learn better:[/b] Sonic, Wolf, Snake, Pit
You'll notice I haven't picked up many new characters yet and that's because relearning the subtleties of my old regulars is taking enough time in itself. Wolf reminds me of the old Fox from SSB, who I've missed, so I'd like to get better on him. I can see a lot of potential in Sonic, he's just freaking hard to play well. Snake looks like a lot of fun but, again, he's proving hard to learn. Pit is like some weird Link/Meta Knight hybrid and he's one of the easiest characters to use so I'm interested in seeing how good he can get.[/color]

People call me crazy but my best character is [B]Bowser![/B]
My friends always say Bowser isn't the greatest character and they're right. He's not. But I've always managed to hold my own with him against most people and longer than most expect.

Next up is [B]Ike[/B]
You can't hate this guy. He's amazing in so many ways, amazing attack power that sometimes makes up for his speed and jump. Aether is a decent recovery move as well. Online, I'm almost unstoppable when I pick him.

Then finally [B]Wolf, Toon Link, Snake, Link, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer and Mario[/B]
The last of my good characters. Wolf was hard to master but I think I found my step with him, Toon Link is just a mini Link so mastering him was a breeze and well and re-learning Link. Snake, well, he's alright. Semi-quick with great potential, solid choice. Lucario and Pokemon trainer are two of my faves. Ivysaur kinda pisses me off but Charizard makes up for that. Lucario is just good. Mario's a classic. He's not my best but I do use him often.

[color=deeppink]I haven't been playing nearly as much as I should be. No one wants to play with me, and I kind of got burnt out on playing against computers with Melee. To further complicate that, my school's internet refuses to allow Wii's to get online.

My best character is Marth, though I'm still rusty from not playing with him for a few years. I'm also playing a lot with Roy, Luigi, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, and Ganondorf (who's always been my favorite to play, and I usually only bust out Marth when I'm up against somebody who knows what they're doing).

I've probably spent most of my time on Ollimar. I will master him if it's the last thing I do, damn it![/color]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Black]Well, borrowing Debresko's breakdown, here goes.

[B]1st tier:[/B] Pikachu, Shiek, Link, Toon Link
Link is, for me, an old favorite. I've been playing him from the first go around, and since his moveset isn't going anywhere, he wasn't hard for me to pick up again (I play with a GC controller, so...). Oddly enough, I could not stand Pikachu in the first two SSB games. It's not that he's ever been a bad character, but I just didn't like him. However, I've learned that I underestimated his abilities quite a bit, and while I still can't use his Final Smash worth a damn, I love playing him. You'll notice that I have Shiek separate from Zelda. I can't play Zelda, period. If I have the opportunity to turn into Shiek, on the other hand, I'm much, much better. While not a powerhouse, some of Shiek's smashes are insane, and I have a thing for playing fast characters. Which brings me to Toon Link. Link, only faster but a little less powerful. While he took some time to get used to, I can probably use Toon Link BETTER than regular Link now.

[B]2nd tier:[/B] Fox, Falco, Wolf, Samus, Pit, Metaknight
See a bit of a pattern here? Everyone here is on this tier for the same reasons. A complete inability to master their specials. I suck at reflectors with the Star Fox charas, and I just keep forgetting Pit HAS a shield. Samus only barely stays out of Tier 1. I have a tendency of misjudging her range, and I haven't mastered ZS Samus yet. I love Metaknight, and I'm very good at staying alive with him. But I suck with his specials. Completely suck.

[B]3rd tier:[/B] Mario, Kirby, Ike, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Marth, Ganondorf
Most of this tier are the folks I have fun playing, but just don't play regularly enough to get very good with them. I'm alright with Ganondorf, but he's just too slow. I have the exact opposite problem with Capt. Falcon. I tend to overshoot and miss attacks with him (and I hate his Smashes - they're so slow). Mario and Luigi are all around fun (and have neat throws), but I've just never gotten really good with them.

[B]4th tier:[/B] Bowser, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Peach, Ice Climbers, Wario, Lucas, King Dedede, Olimar, Ness, Jigglypuff, Mr. Game & Watch
Aaah, the ones I can't play or don't like playing. If you haven't noticed, I don't play slow characters. I just can't get the hang of them. Peach is far too floaty, and I always screw up jumping with her because of that. I just don't like Mr. Game & Watch, even if some of his moves are amusing to watch.

[B]Characters that I suck with but want to learn better:[/B] Sonic, Zelda, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, R.O.B., [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black]Diddy Kong[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=Black]Yes, I listed Zelda separately from Shiek. I can't play as Zelda. She's slow and floaty, although she has an awesome recovery move. But I need to learn to play her if I want to use Shiek. No point if you can't play both halves, you know? Sonic is just too crazy fast. I think I overshoot and miss more often than I hit. This is only gotten around by the fact that I'm good at using that speed to dodge. R.O.B. I just haven't gotten the hang of yet. He's a neat character, but I'm having issues learning to use him well. The others are more of a severe need to get used to. I'm good with Squirtle, but can't use Ivysaur or Charizard very well at all.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Haha, I was going to do this, but Des beat me to it! *shakes fist*

[b]1st tier:[/b] Fox, Marth
Fox is still my best character (not that it's saying much lol). He's great for running in, getting some good damage and running away like a little puss. Pestering opponents is fun. I've still got a bit of improving, though, so that I can use his abilities to best control the tempo of fights. Marth is just fun in general and I've played him enough to where he's my 1a character. I'm starting to get better with his down aerial, too, though I'm definitely not perfect with it. Killing people with that attack feels great, haha.

[b]2nd tier:[/b] Link, Zero Suit Samus, Falco, Zelda
Link I just like too much as a character, so I have to use him a lot. Helps that he's a bit faster now; I don't feel like a damn turtle running around getting the crap beaten out of me all the time lol (now it's only some of the time!). I was never that great with Samus, but I did the 100 Man Brawl with Zero Suit Samus and OMG she rules. She's like a female Fox where you can just run in and straight up annoy the **** out of people with her. Fun times. Falco is Fox Jr., though he's in danger of slipping to the 3rd tier. He'll probably be replaced with Zelda, who I totally love now. I don't know what happened but I suddenly got a lot better with her. Maybe Twilight Princess > Ocarina of Time? Who knows.

[b]3rd tier:[/b] Ike, Wolf, Toon Link, Solid Snake
These are the guys I want to move up on but can't for various reasons. With Ike, my fingers slip up a lot and I almost always end up using his really slow smashes, which leaves me wide open to attack. Also, I'm a 'tard, so I don't use Counter enough. Wolf I also desperately want to get better with, but I can't get the hang of his special movies, especially his recovery. Reading today's Smash Bros. DOJO!! update makes me want to work harder, though. That could be deadly if mastered. Toon Link I just haven't used that much. I have no idea why. Snake is about the same problem as Wolf. I need to master his specials and those smash attacks to be decent with him.

[b]4th tier:[/b] Mr. Game and Watch
Solely for his bell ringing taunt, which annoys the **** out of my friends/siblings, haha.

[b]Characters that I suck with but want to learn better:[/b] Lucas, Metaknight, Pit, Sheik
My brother is pretty good with Lucas, so I want to play catch up with him. Metaknight and Pit are the same problem with me: I can rack up a decent amount of damage with them, but I can't kill anybody. It's frustrating. Sheik isn't a terrible character for me; however, like MK, if I'm going to use Zelda a lot, I've got to get better with Sheik.

[quote name='PyrusDragon']Next up is [B]Ike[/B]
You can't hate this guy. He's amazing in so many ways, amazing attack power that sometimes makes up for his speed and jump. Aether is a decent recovery move as well. Online, I'm almost unstoppable when I pick him.[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]I've noticed that Ike tends to do very well in online matches, both from playing on and against him. If there's much lag it's harder to avoid his big smashes and it makes it more difficult for fast characters to pull off their quick combos. Lag also screws over SHFF aerials pretty bad, which is one of the best ways to land hits on him while avoiding his quick 1-2-3 combo.[/color]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Quick geek moment:

They jacked the speed on Marth's dancing blade up to Insane. Holy frick, does it feel good to get all four chained in under two seconds.[/FONT][/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]I've been rocking out Marth's dancing blade combo as well. (Though level 9 CPUs still somehow manage to dodge and grab me in the middle of being hit by the flurry of low stabs. :animesigh) I'm really loving that and the power increase to his counter. It's just a pity that they turned his shield breaker slash into a slow stab; its only saving grace is that its range is longer than all his other attacks.

On another note, I guess I should learn Sheik better as well. I'm not terrible with her but I could improve with a bit of practice. I usually never bother transforming unless there's a serious OH SHI— moment where I need to dodge a FS or other huge attack.[/color]

I think I'm just gonna rank the characters based on how much I play around with, since I'm too much of a newb to really know who's good and who's not.
[B]
1st Tier:[/B] Kirby and Lucas
Kirby has always been my character of choice whenever I play any of the Smash games, and I’m glad they made him better this time around in Brawl. He’s easy to play with, and his small size make it tough for opponents to lands hits on him. Also, I love how quick and powerful his side and up smash attacks are. I’m still trying to master his hammer attacks and all of his aerial moves. I pretty much like Lucas for all the same reasons as I do with Kirby. Small, decent speed, and quite powerful.

[B]2nd Tier:[/B] Mario, Link, Ness, Lucario, Toon Link,
Whenever I get burned out playing as Kirby and Lucas, I play around with these guys. They all have awesome projectile attacks and they seem to be nicely balanced overall. I have to admit, I really like Lucario, he is way much better than Mewtwo. I think it’s awesome how he gets even more powerful when he takes up a lot of damage. I land some pretty lucky KO’s with the guy and it surprises me every time I do.

[B]3rd Tier and characters that I want to get better with:[/B] Luigi, Diddy Kong, Captain Falcon, Snake, Sonic, Captain Olimar, Peach, Zelda/Shiek, Pit, Meta Knight, Samus/ZSS, Pikachu, Marth, Roy, and the whole Star Fox crew.

All of these characters are incredibly fun to mess around with, but I’m not exactly effective with any of them. At first, I wasn’t really fond of Snake since he seemed self-destructive. But after seeing somebody online going crazy with all those explosives, I had a change of heart. It’s a blast to toy around with all of his projectile and explosive attacks. Specially in Basic Brawls, haha. “NOW!” (Clicky, Boom!)

[B]Unknown Tier:[/B] Everyone else that weren’t mentioned.

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]A word of advice for Sonic players. Master the dash-grab (or whatever it may actually be called). I know I'm always charging past people quite by accident, but if you react quick and try to grab them from behind, you can at least recover a little bit of time. The nice thing with dash-grabs is they have a little more reach than regular grabs.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Note to the community: Just got Brawl. :D

Don't know my friend code yet, though, and haven't tried online play yet. Still battling my way through the Subspace Emissary. I'll be sure to comment plenty in this thread on my progress (or lack thereof) and let you all know when I figure out my online play situation. :p

[color=#4B0082]Zomg, I love Kirby again. I'd been playing him to unlock the Green Greens stage from Melee (yay for all stages being unlocked now) and I discovered I'm actually pretty good on him. He got some huge buffs in the form of less lag on a lot of his attacks compared to in Melee, which is awesome. I think he fits nicely into my third tier, just below Zelda.

Meanwhile, Ganondorf and Peach have swapped places. Ganondorf himself has hardly changed from Melee but Brawl's tendency to reward defensive play and shielding/dodging even more than in Melee has hurt him. Peach, on the other hand, has made the transition much more gracefully and I find myself doing well with her.

It's also a small change but Pikachu has edged ahead of Samus in my second tier. Like Ganondorf, the changes to dodging and shielding have hurt Samus though not as much.

Captain Falcon has been dropped 'cause he sucks now (:animecry:) and I haven't played on Diddy in forever....

[b]1st tier:[/b] Marth
[b]2nd tier:[/b] Ike, Link, Pikachu, Samus/ZS Samus
[b]3rd tier:[/b] Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Lucario, Peach
[b]4th tier:[/b] Ganondorf, Toon Link, Wolf[/color]

[COLOR=#503F86]Is it me or has Samus changed? She just seems lighter and a little less powerful than she used to be in Melee.

Anyway, I'm loving this game so, so much. I'm finding it much harder to maintain my abilities that I had in Melee; because it's got a different feel I'm expecting myself to be doing better in a lot of fights than I am. It's not nearly as much fun playing against three computer players (and it's SO irritating that all three of them will constantly gang up on you, even in a free-for-all) as it is against three human opponents.

For me, my best characters are Ike, Fox and Lucario, followed by Marth and Wolf. I can't quite get into Marth as well as I could, as he used to be one of my major three along with Roy and Fox. Mayhaps I just need more time to adjust, but his Shield Breaker now being a thrust has thrown me off. Is his sword slightly shorter as well, do you think?[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine][COLOR=#503F86']Is his sword slightly shorter as well, do you think?[/COLOR][/quote]
[quote name='Me][FONT="Arial"']Oh, and before I forget, Marth's sword is shorter. I thought it was just my skills and the game's newness that caused me to suffer while playing him, but it is definitely shorter, and it frills with one's head. I retract my earlier opinion that it doesn't make a difference; it does. It feels like you're striking with his wrist, almost, instead of his rapier.[/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]After experimentation, it's not shorter by a whole lot. Just enough to matter.[/FONT]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]Is it me or has Samus changed? She just seems lighter and a little less powerful than she used to be in Melee.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I didn't play as her much in Melee, but I remember her being a lot quicker. plus, she seems pretty weak. I've been maining Zero Suit and Sonic lately, so I tend to avoid the Smash Ball as ZSS. Sucks, though, since [I]someone[/I] has to get the darn thing.

Also, I take back what I said about Wario Man. He's actually pretty good (haven't played as him, but I've seen him in action.)

EDIT:
[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Captain Falcon has been dropped 'cause he sucks now[/color][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.3gprebel.com/uploads/darthvaderipod.jpg[/IMG]

[color=#4B0082]They shortened Marth's sword by about the same length as the sweet spot at the tip was in Melee. So now when you aim to hit with that sweet spot in Brawl you whiff instead. It's a small nerf and it took me a while to adjust but it doesn't hurt him too much once you get used to it.

Samus herself feels nearly identical to her Melee version to me?even more so than Ganondorf actually. But the amount of lag on her attacks is now much longer in proportion to the lag of shielding or dodging, which makes her seem slower. So attacking without your opponent being able to hit you right back if they manage to avoid it is much harder now. On the plus side, her airborne Grappling Beam and back-air seem a little more powerful in Brawl.

Pretty much everyone feels lighter in Brawl, though. The physics are much floatier.

And yeah, I was sad about Captain Falcon. They made him easier to control in Brawl but took away all his good combos at the same time. Comboing into his forward-air is nearly impossible now and that was the major way to get KOs with him.[/color]