OtakuBoards

Pokemon: Age of Darkness PG-13 (L V)

Lt.Zero

Daidalos was in the city called Legends.[I]"Wow, it's still the way it was when I was little,"[/I]she thought as she wandered the city.[I]"I wonder where Riku and the others are? I thought that they were going to the Snag'em Hideout. Oh well, I guess I can still explore the area."[/I]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tinkerbell10
OOC:im just posting while tinkerbell1 and blooming are away so dont mind me cause they asked me to post for them
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"hey riku whe we get to legends would you mind if i go to a pokemon centre and then go do some shopping?"sparkle asked.
"no not at all"riku replied as they neared lengends.When they got to legends sparkle took off for the pokemon centre and ran into daidalos."sorry"sparkle said.When she looked up she saw that the person she ran into had been daidalos."oh hi.Im sorry but i cant talk right now i have to get to the pokemon centre immedeatly"sparkle said in a rush and then ran off.When she got to the pokemon centre she approached the nurse."hey nurse can you heal my pokemon?"she asked."sure!"the nurse said."thanks.You look familiar somehow"sparkle said."sparkle is it you?"the nurse asked her."jenifer?"sparkle asked happy to see her childhood friend."yeah and i....."the nurse began to say."sorry i have to call professor oak for a minute"sparkle saod as she walkedd over to the phones."hey professor can i get my eeve?"she asked."eeve evolved into a vaporeon"said the professor."ok nevermind then ill get it later ok?bye"she said and hung up the phone and realized her pokemon were ready."thanks"She said taking them back.[I]'i have to find the others now'[/I]she thought as she wandered around the city.

OOC: Tinkerbell10, you really need to make your posts better in this RPG. I also saw your post in the 'Hope of Revenge' RPG and you really need to improve on quality to make it easier to read. For example: Start captializing in the proper areas. And spelling 'Center' correctly. That is all. Thank you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IC:
"Daidalos, nice to see you again." Riku said as they came across Daidalos in the the city sqaure. "You see Sparkle anywhere around here?"
"Yeah," she replied, "She just passed by a second ago saying that she had to go to the Pokemon Center."
"Thanks."said Riku as everyone, including Daidalos of course, started towards the Pokemon Center to find Sparkle.

Guest tinkerbell10
OOC:sorry it was early when i last posted!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Shit!where are you guys"she muttered.Suddenley a pokemon jumped her and knocked her over."get off of me"She said as she shoved the Eevee off."What the hell?An Eevee!"she said as she picked the Evee up."Oh and its hurt"said sparkle as she took the hurt Eevee to the Pokemon Center."Jenifer i need you to tak a look at this Eevee"she said.The nurse took the hurt Eevee and looked at it.
"Sparkle turns out this Eevee is sick"the nurse said as she handed Eevee back to Sparkle.
"oh you pore thing!Ill look after you"sparkle said as she looked up and saw Riku and the others staring at her.

"Where have you guys been all this time?" asked Daidalos.

"We have been to Team Snag'em's lair and been battling," replied Riku.

"Wow! That is totally amazing!"

"It really was. I can't believe that we have to go back," said Aya.

OOC: Hey inu. I just wanted to say that whatever post you made was not part of the RPG but just out if comment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IC:
"So Daildios... what's new with you?" asked Aya.

"Nothing much but man was it hard to find you guys," replied Daildios.

"Well better or nothing at least we finally got to see you again," said Riku.

"Yeah. It just makes me so happy to see that my friends are safe and everything!"

OOC: Come on Deathsye... where are you? Ah well, I'll have to bunny a bit for now...
IC:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<"How you feeling now?"> Kawaine asked Knight.
<"A little bit better,"> Knight answered. <"It's just that that burn felt really weird... as I got it when I was still a Larvitar and it felt... different after I evolved.">
<"I felt the same way when I evolved too,"> Kawaine commented.
<"You evolved?"> Knight exclaimed. <"But... how could you have evolved from anything? You're just a baby!"> Knight realized his insult a second too late.
<"Aww shucks..."> Kawaine blushed at this comment. <"I evolved from a Cleffypuff. And you know? I really thought when I was younger that I would become a Clefairy when I grew up--that's what my parents thought before Ari found me.">
<"Cleffypuff evolve into Cleffa too?"> Knight asked.
<"Yes, except now I evolved into something else and I don't know how long I'll be stuck in this strange mutated form,"> Kawaine replied with a hint of worry. <"It's freaky. I heard one time that some Pokemon change completely when they evolve... do you think that'll happen to me?">
<"I... suppose it will,"> Knight really didn't know what to say in response, but he had to say something.
<"I suppose so... but a part of me don't wanna. That's why I rarely want to battle--and plus I don't want to get hurt... I don't know how Tsukimi and Shokuchi and... and Shinai can stand it..."> Kawaine shivered at the last few words.
<"Now that's kind of wimpy,"> Knight commented--he didn't seem to understand why anyone would not enjoy battling or being tough. <"Don't you have any sense of pride? It's always what keeps me going in a battle.">
<"I don't know... I'm just... afraid of pain... a bit... I mean a lot..."> Kawaine shivered more. <"Sorry for feeling sensitive, but I was kind of scared by that battle... Shinai always freaks me out, and that... curse she did made me cry...">

Kawaine then curled up into a cute little ball and sobbed away. She had had too much excitement today and was finally letting all her feelings out. The tag-team battle she had witnessed, Henshu's struggle with Sparkle's Ninetales, and a game of tag with Shokuchi... it had just been too much. Kawaine was only a little Pokemon, without much of anything to feel happy or grateful about. Ari never seemed to be there enough for her, and she was the one who took the Puffly away from her place in the wild... Perhaps, she thought, that if Ari had never captured her, she would have evolved into Cleffa instead of this strange creature she never heard about called a Puffly. After all, her parents were both Clefable and thought she would eventually become one as well. Maybe becoming a Puffly instead was some sort of mutation, or a sign of separation or lack of love...
<"I want to be a Clefairy..."> Kawaine sobbed. <"Why me?">

All of a sudden, Kawaine felt someone's hands on her soft body, stroking her smoothly as if to comfort her. Kawaine's cries grew fainter--she didn't feel as scared and alone as she did before. The hand on her back were not warm, but they did carry a soothing energy. Behind her, the owner of the hands was humming something similar to a lullaby, in one of the most beautiful and calming voices Kawaine had ever hoped to hear. It rivaled a time when her Clefable parents sang to her.
"Puff... wi..." Kawaine was still sobbing, but the cry had a bit of happiness mixed in with the sorrow.
"Ni..." said the voice behind her--a high-pitched voice with hints of a melancholy tone. Kawaine thought she recognized it, so in the moment of surprise Kawaine turned around to see who it was.

"PAAAA... AAAFFF...!!" Kawaine gave a frightened yell and tried to run away, but she seemed to be just shuffling her feet briskly without really going anywhere. Then she fell flat on her face, and gave a weak scream. She took a moment to bury her face in the ground.
"Nii-ku..." It was Shinai. Shinai stared at the frightened Puffly and sighed.
"Kawaine?" Ari called--she was walking towards the two Pokemon.
<"Quit scaring me!"> Kawaine blurted.
"Aww, Kawaine..." Ari then picked Kawaine up and hugged her. "You didn't really need to cry, it was just a battle..."
<"I wanna be a Clefairy!"> Kawaine repeated to Ari.
"But you will become an adorable Skitty," Ari cooed. Kawaine said nothing to this.
"I know you wanted to," Ari said, this time to Shinai, "but no sense breaking what's already broken." Her tone was both strict and apologetic.
<"I should've known..."> Shinai muttered, turning away and shaking her head in shame. <"The minute I try to do something good for someone, I get punished. Perhaps Ari thinks my heart isn't cold enough."> Shinai uttered a short snicker at this last thought.

"Hey, who's that?" Hiro walked over, forcing a smile.
"This is Kawaine, but she's too upset to talk," Ari answered.
"I guess Shinai's so upset about losing the battle that she let it out on Kawaine," Hiro figured.
<"I was trying to comfort her,"> Shinai blurted. [i]And what a fool I was.[/i]
Ari started to say something when she heard Harmonique wince than laugh quietly. This caught her and Hiro's attention, and they saw that Shinai's left hand had a needle stuck through it--the same one that she had used before to curse Riku's Absol.
"Yes, she does that and it makes her feel better," Ari commented. "Gee, you seem a bit upset too..." She noted Hiro glancing from Knight to Shinai, then grumbling.
"It's just that..." Hiro grumbled, sounding as if he hated saying every word, "that my boss will be furious with me if he finds out I lost the battle... damn Riku..."
"What's this with Riku?" Ari inquired. "I assume you mean the guy with the Absol?" [i]The one that Shinai cursed? Hee hee.[/i]
"He stole stomething from Snag'em and I was sent to get it back. Now that reward is gone..."

The second Hiro said "reward"...
"Kei." A Morphicate emerged from the bushes.
"Ah, Kairuna!" Ari greeted. "What brings you here?"
<"I had wandered around some town called Legends,"> Kairuna explained. <"I ambushed this girl there who said something about a reward of yours. After a little probing of her mind, I knew everything."> The gray mass that was Kairuna's body tingled a bit, and then a gray hand emerged from it, clutching a small bag. Ari took the bag and opened it.
"It's full of money..." Ari muttered. "Hey, what's this note?" Ari noticed a piece of paper inside the bag. Cautiously unfolding it, she began to read...

"A little thank-you for a job so perfectly done," the letter read.
"-Kane
P.S. Your Yanma warned me of an invasion, so I beefed up security at the Snag'em base. She also told me that you are working with another Snag'em member. He doesn't seem to be under my control, but I have notified the Chief anyways."

Hiro grew wide-eyed at the last statement of the letter, then ran over to where Henshu was. He pinned the Yanma down and shook her in a frustrated way.
"How could you?!?" Hiro nearly yelled in rage. "You don't go babbling about my whereabouts to my enemies! Now he'll know that I have assistance and he'll think I'm a dependent wimp!"
"If you want to shake anyone ever so violently," Ari called, "do it to me. I shouldn't have offered to help you in the first place."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOC: Yeah, I feel like beating up on Henshu and ignoring Tsukimi completely... Once again, sorry for bunnying...

OCC- Sorry I haven't wrote in a while. I was setting up one of my RPs.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hiro's anger subsided a bit and he let the Yanma up. "You don't understand Ari... It isn't just for the money... if the Cheif finds out I have failed I will be fired... You don't know what it was like for me and my pokemon before Snag'um." Hiro shook a little bit. Knight jetted over to where Hiro was standing and rubbed against his leg. Hiro looked down and let a small smile creep out but quickly went back to his normal grimace. "I used to be one of the head agents of Team Rocket... Things were good back then me, Knight and Cinder were living the high life... then they went under. And we were forced to wonder this contenant." said Hiro in a slightly disturbed voice.

Cinder shuttered at the thought of what Hiro said. <"I remember too well."> said Cinder. <" We would go hungery for days and sometimes weeks."> Knight was trying not to show any emotion but he was the most afraid of wandering the contenant again. <" That is also why I am not afraid to fight... Kawaine... You don't have a reason to fight... yet. But once you do. You well be willing to sacrifice your body and your soul for that reason."> Knight said looking up at Hiro. "I don't think I wish to say anymore about my problems. Ari you can leave if you want to. But, I would..." Hiro struggled to get out the words," appreciate your help. I will even give you have the reward." Knight was surprised at what Hiro just said because Hiro never asked for any help. Hiro begain to walk towards the city of Legend. "Come on, guys" Knight and Cinder followed closely behind

OOC: Master of Death, the group never went to Team Snag 'em HQ. We ran into them on the way to Legends. Only Riku has been to the HQ.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IC:
Riku and his freinds walked to the outskirts of town. Once they got there Riku stopped walking."Here we are." he said
"What do you mean? There's nothing here." said Aya. Riku ingnored her last comment and started digging furiously earning him many strange stairs from the rest of the group. After a few minutes of digging he stopped, rubbed his hand's together, and pulled out a large cardboard box. Riku opened the box and pulled out a metal device that looked exactly like a human arm. Riku slipped it on and it fused with his right arm. "The Snag 'em machine." Riku explained to the group.

OOC: Sorry about that. I just got back from a practice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IC:
"Yeah, if we stole pokemon from others than they might call the police on us," said Daidalos.

"You might have a point there," said Riku.

"I agree with Daidalos on this one," said Aya.

After a while of walking Hiro and his pokemon came in to a clearing in the woods. After he walked into the clearing he heard a rustling in the bushes and a cut log flying out of the forest. Hiro went to investigate the log. "I seems to have been cut... but what has such presecion?" asked Hiro to himself. Just as he said that a Scyther came flying out of the bushes that the log came flying out of, inspecting its handy work for any inperfections. "A Scyther..." Hiro went over to the log that the Scyther was inspecting and bent down to look at it. The Scyther was slightly startled by Hiro. "Scyther!!! " The Scyther back away ready for a fight. Hiro picked up the log and looked at it from the side. "So precise! It is nearly smooth..." Knight was slightly impressed and Cinder was worried as always. The Scyther was ready to strike at any moment. Then, Hiro looked at it. "Hey this is pretty good." he said to the Scyther. The Scyther was wondering "

It was rare that Hiro was that impressed about a bug pokemons skill. "Guys? What do you think?" asked Hiro to his pokemon. Knight nodded slightly and Cinder was wondering what he was talking about. " The Scyther heard what Knight said, "< I won't go with out a fight>" The Scyther raised his right blade. Hiro said, "Alright. Lets do this. CINDER! LETS GO!" Cinder jumped up and ran in front of Hiro. The Scyther rushed Cinder with a Fury Cutter attack and it hit Cinder directly cutting Cinders left arm. "Cind!" "Cinder! Use fire wheel!" Cinders spewed out flames at Scyther as it was stopping from its rush. The Scyther quickly dodged the attack and cut Cinder again on her other arm. "Cinder! Come on, buddy!" Cinder started to spew a continueous stream of fire at Scyther. "A flamethrower attack? When did you learn that?" Cinders eyes opened slightly. The Scyther is now at full speed continuously attacking Cinder. Suddenly flames shot up around Cinder. "CINDER!" The flames disipated and a Quilava was sitting there. "Cinder? I didn't know you were that close." Cinder looked back and then smirked at Hiro. Then, she tried to get a lock on the Scyther. Finally, Cinder locked on and fired a Flame Thrower in front of the Scyther and because of the Scyther's speed it couldn't stop right away it ran in to the stream of fire. Since Bugs are weak to fire type this damaged it heavly. The Scyther fell from the burns it sustained.

Hiro walked over to Scyther and pulled out a small bottle. "Here this will help. It is a Burn Heal." He sprayed the contents of the bottle all over the Scyther. "We won so... stand still this won't take long." Scyther sat still and waited for the ball to hit it. When it did he was sucked in to it but was surprised when Hiro let him back out. "Scyther?<"Why did you...?"> "I don't like keeping pokemon cramped up like that." Hiro begain to head down the road to Legend. Cinder,Knight and Scyther followed," Hey, I should give you a name as well... how about... Muramasa." Scyther thought about the name Hiro gave him. "Muramasa, was one of the worlds greatest swordsman in the days of old. He could slice throught the thickest trees... even through metal." After hearing what Hiro had said about the name. Scyther used the name as a badge of honor. "Come on, Muramasa." Scyther flew side by side with Knight as they headed towards Legend.
----------------------

OCC- Ok i dont know if it is ok if Hiro caught a new pokemon or not.

"Okay, so now everything makes sense. But since Riku knows the way to the Snag 'em hideout I guess we have to follow him there and make success in everything that comes in our way," said Aya.

"Right. But are we going to wait a while? 'Cause it we are... can I go and get something to eat? I'm starving!" said Daldios.

"Sure we can rest up and eat," replied Riku.

"First let's get some food." Riku said."And I have..." Riku started searching his cloak. Riku pulled out a small sack and emptied the contents into his hand. "Three yen... Holy crap, I'm broke. How 'bout you guys?"

Ari stood by and applauded.
"Wow, good work Hiro," Ari complimented. "At last you caught a Scyther. Muramasa, welcome to the group." As Ari said this, her own Pokemon appeared from behind the bushes.
"...I guess you decided to help after all?" Hiro clarified.
"Yes, I feel the most moved to. After all, Riku has friends with him, and I am sorry to say that you would be outnumbered had you gone off to find him alone. But really... it's still your mission. I'm not too fond of monetary awards--in fact, you need the reward more than I do. I mostly care about the sheer glory of completing these tasks, and of course all the adventure and the experiences with my Pokemon... nothing compares to this priceless treasure." And with that, Ari glanced around at her Pokemon, and Kawaine was so happy that she cried.

"Growl!" All of a sudden, Shokuchi barked and stared in a direction sort of near Snag'em headquarters.
"What's going on?" Hiro asked the Growlithe.
<"Did you find something?"> Cinder asked.
<"Riku's scent,"> Shokuchi replied. <"It appears that Riku is headed towards Snag'em headquarters.">
"I suspected this," Ari hissed.
<"Don't you think it's a bit odd,"> Kairuna commented, <"that Riku is headed back to the place where he stole whatever it is he stole from Snag'em? If he's caught, he would get in big trouble.">
<"Not unless he brought backup,"> Knight suggested. <"He would surely be stupid to wander into Snag'em headquarters alone. And judging from the battle we just had, he's not stupid at all.">
<"Do you think I should alert the boss?"> Henshu inquired.
<"What about that accident you had with that Ninetales?"> Kawaine worried.
<"I'll fly above the clouds, so they can't see me,"> Henshu suggested.

"I have a better idea," Ari declared, so that everyone could hear. "Hiro, I think this is where we should split up--at least for now. You can continue on to Legends and do whatever is necessary there. But we don't know how long it'll be before Riku and his friends reach headquarters. Therefore, I will head there myself and take on the defensive there. And maybe... maybe I'll try and steal back what Riku stole... if you know what it is he stole that is."
"He stole the Snag'em machine," Hiro answered. "It's a device used to capture the Pokemon of other trainers. My boss told me that Riku is willing to use that device against Snag'em, so it can be a threat."
Kawaine shivered at this. [i]Does that mean that Riku can use the Snag'em machine to take me away from Ari? Maybe I shouldn't enter the battle... I don't want to be caught by Riku![/i]
"Now don't worry," Ari said to Kawaine, as if she had read her mind. "What would Riku want with a weak-looking Pokemon like you? I know you're not weak, but Riku might think you are--use that to your advantage. And I am sorry to say that you might have to fight too, since I'll be greatly outnumbered.
<"You'll have the other Snag'em members..."> Kawaine hoped.
"If they show up," Ari interrupted. "I have a strong feeling what we'll be the only ones out there, fighting our own battle..."
<"But I don't wanna fight!"> Kawaine cried.
"Well..." Ari sighed. "You might just have to, whether you like it or not. And the same applies to all of you. So are you all in?"

Shinai automatically nodded--with much enthusiasm. Tsukimi nodded as well, looking forward to battle. Shokuchi proudly did the same.
<"I usually don't battle, but..."> Kairuna contemplated. <"I'm in.">
<"I'm a little shook up by that attack by Sparkle's Ninetales,"> Henshu commented, <"but I guess I'm in...">
"Kawaine?" Ari asked.
All Kawaine did was cry quite loudly.
"I'll take that as a yes," Ari said impatiently. "So, we're all ready to go." And with that Ari sat down and took off her hat, placing it near Kawaine. She picked up the scared little Puffly and put her inside her hat, upon which she held them close. While she was doing this, Tsukimi crawled up Ari's back and stopped atop her head, to which she clung on with her four stubby legs. Next to the threesome, Shokuchi crouched, as if preparing to run at a high speed.
"Goodbye for now, Hiro," Ari said in the same solemn tone, as if she was never going to make it out alive.

After Ari finished speaking, Shokuchi broke into a brisk run. She ran as fast as she could while waving in and out of trees. Meanwhile, Henshu darted off--this time in the air, following the same route she took before back to Snag'em headquarters. Shinai and Kairuna hovered in the air after her. Also, Tsukimi's antennae lit up, and soon her telekinetic powers activated, causing herself (and ari and Kawaine) to float up and follow the other Pokemon. All of them were headed to Snag'em headquarters for what could very well be the biggest battle yet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOC: In case you are lost or are too lazy to look at Ari's signups and posts, here's her current team:
-Shinai the [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/qingrila/pokems/harmonique.gif][u]Harmonique[/u][/url] (Ghost/Dark)
-Kawaine the [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/qingrila/pokems/puffly.gif][u]Puffly[/u][/url] (Normal)
-Tsukimi the [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/qingrila/pokems/retron.gif][u]Retron[/u][/url] (Psychic)
-Henshu the Yanma (Bug/Flying)
-Shokuchi the Growlithe (Fire)
-Kairuna the [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/qingrila/pokems/morphicate.gif][u]Morphicate[/u][/url] (technically Normal)

As the group walked through Legends, Aya caught up with Riku at the front. "Riku, why do you want to use the Snag 'em machine at all?" She asked.
"I don't." Riku replied.
"So why did you steal it?" Sparkle asked.
"So Snag 'em can't use it."Riku siad smiling.
"Well, why are you wearing it now?"Aya inquired.
"As a threat to Snag 'em. To sike them out. I have no interest of catching more Pokemon. Raksha is all I need. Besides, if I stole a Pokemon I'd be no better than Snag 'em."

"You do have a point there Riku," said Daidalos.

"What do you mean, Daidalos?" asked Aya.

"I mean, if Snag'em had it, then the world would be in havoc and everyone would be upset. But, if Riku wears to sike them out then I guess that would be okay. Get it?"

"I got it," said everyone.

"Good."

"Mmmmm," said Aya, "I'm still thinking that there's something missing or something unusual going on here."
"There's nothing to be worried about Aya. Besides I'm sure that we're not forgetting anything and if we did something would've shown up by now," said Riku.
"Yeah, you're right."

"So... this is Legends..." said Hiro as he and his team entered the city. "Ok, Litsen guys we need to see if we can find those punks." Muramasa nodded and the other 2 confirmed they were ready. "Let's do this." said Hiro. They walked through the city asking if any have seen Riku or the others. Finally one older looking man said he saw a young group of people fitting the desriptions Hiro gave were headed on the outskirts of town. "Thanks old timer." said Hiro. "Bah!" replied the old man.

Hiro walk along the path the group walked. Then he caught something from the corner of his eye. "A hole... No! They have the Snag'um Machine! This is bad!!" Hiro whipped out his cell phone and dialed Ari's Cell number. "Damn it... Pick up.... Hello?" said Hiro. "This is Ari. What is it." said Ari on the other side. "Ari, They already have the Machine and I suspect they will be at the HQ in a while. I will be there as soon as I can." then hung up. "Guys we are going back to Snag'um!"

A boy arounf the age of 16 walks into the forest of all the weak pokemon for he only has one. A lvl 15 charmander. He wanted to meet some new aquaintances that he could travel with. He found a caterpie and battled it. He defeated it but it didnt put much of a fight up. " Grr, I need some way to find a good trainer that has a grass type that I could battle in order to get my Charmander to evolve." The Charmander looked up to the boy and said " Char" desperately. It also wanted to become stonger for its trainer. This boy had gone through so much in order to get through life, yet he always gets with the wrong crowd. Shadow(the boy) walked a little further and found this group of ppl that he didnt know and he looked happily to Charmander. " Look Flames, we found some ppl, and look at that person with the tough pokemon. I wish you were that tough. You are great, I promise you Flames, I will get you to envolve so that way we dont get picked on anymore."

He walked up to the group witha smile with Charmander by his side. " Hello, my name is Shadow and this is my friend Flames."

OOC: Hmmm... did Shadow sign up or is this his first post... *hides from mods*
IC:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When Ari and her Pokemon got to Snag'em Headquarters at last, Tsukimi released Ari a little too soon, causing Ari to nearly break her legs from the hard landing on the ground. Shinai was waiting there for them, and Henshu was not too far behind. A small speck in the air far in the distance looked like Kairuna. Shokuchi, though, was nowhere to be found. Luckily, the area was pretty much deserted--the other Snag'em members were probably finishing up their daily duties elsewhere, and the administrators were probably in meetings inside the building. Ari was the only one out there standing guard--apparently she was also the only one who new about Riku's approach.
"Shinai, do you think you can alert the administrators about Riku?" Ari asked her Harmonique.
<"Why aren't you asking me?"> Henshu asked with a puzzled expression.
"Can you pass through solid steel walls?" Ari asked rhetorically. Henshu looked a bit perplexed but said nothing in response.
"Nique." Shinai nodded and floated off towards the building. She would have collided right with its wall had she not been a ghost Pokemon. Instead, she passed right through the wall and other walls beyond it, heading towards a room deep in the heart of the building--the room where all the administrators met to discuss plans. However, there was not a soul around as she wandered through the building, and there weren't even any lights on.

Finally, Shinai came to the door to the meeting room. There were no windows in that room, and the door was locked. Only one thing to do...
"Monii.." Shinai muttered in a surprised tone as she stuck her head through the door. The room was as dark and deserted as the rest of the building.
[i]Who would leave a HQ building unattended?[/i] Shinai wondered--she felt for a moment that most Snag'em members were utterly stupid. The only two she knew to at least have [i]some[/i] brains were Hiro and Ari, and maybe the top administrator to the tiniest extent. But whatever the case, Shinai rolled her eyes and drifted back out of the building to meet Ari.
<"The stupid fools have abandoned their own headquarters,"> Shinai announced in an exasperated tone when she was finally outside.
<"Dumb humans,"> Kairuna said under its breath, having arrived while Shinai was inside.
"It looks like I was right," Ari said in the same grave tone from before. "We're the only ones here. Our only hope of company is Hiro--he said he'll arrive as soon as he can, and I believe Muramasa can fly pretty quickly. That is, assuming he can carry Hiro and Cinder as well as a heavy Pupitar. Otherwise, they should be a while."
<"I suspect the latter..."> Henshu figured.
<"At least Riku and the gang aren't even here yet,"> Kawaine said with relief. <"I'm not ready to fight...">
<"I wish they could come so that I could fight,"> Tsukimi muttered impatiently, hoping Kawaine would ignore her. Nope--Kawaine whined in a frustrated tone at Tsukimi for saying this. Tsukimi backed away from the agitated Puffly and kept a lookout for the intruders as well as Hiro. Who will arrive first?

For the next few minutes there was silence. Ari was keeping a lookout just like Tsukimi, and Shinai prepared to attack upon the intruders' sight. Kairuna was staring at the HQ building looking cynical, and Henshu was watching the sun drop lower in the sky--soon it would set. Kawaine kept glancing here and there nervously, still afraid of fighting. Knight's advice to her stuck in her mind--he had said something about being bold and brave, to not run away from fights, to show no weakness or fear... rules of which Kawaine always disobeyed. Right now, she was panting, and her heart kept beating faster and faster... a few seconds longer and she might pass out...

All of a sudden, something orange emerged from the trees. Tsukimi was ready for this--she automatically used her Psychic attack on the approacher.
"Nique nique nique," Shinai demanded, shaking her finger scoldingly at the rash Retron.
"Ret...?!" Tsukimi stopped in her tracks--the thing she had attacked was Shokuchi!
"Growl ith," Shokuchi grumbled as Tsukimi let her down. <"What did you do that for?">
<"Sorry, sorry..."> Tsukimi replied, sounding a bit shaken, <"I thought for a moment you were Riku.">
<"At least you're back,"> Henshu commented.
<"Speaking of Riku,"> Shokuchi explained, <"I saw him as I was running here--that's why I'm late. I was spying on him, you see. Well, it turns out that the foursome is now a fivesome. Some guy named Shadow just joined the team."> At this, there were many stares of surprise from the group. <"But not to worry... From what I could see, all he has is a Charmander. I could beat him in an instant.">
"So that's six of us--nine if we count Hiro's Pokemon--against roughly fifteen," Ari calculated. "We will be outnumbered, so everyone will have to fight." She said this last bit in particular to Kawaine, who felt even more scared.
<"If everyone has one Pokemon,"> Kawaine hoped, <"it should be six against five...">
"But not everyone will have one Pokemon," Ari assumed. "I can infer that everyone there will have an average of three Pokemon. Some may have more, some may have less, but an average of three per person. Three times five is fifteen. Nice try, Kawaine."
All Kawaine did was whimper at the last statement.