OtakuBoards

Pokemon: Age of Darkness PG-13 (L V)

Lt.Zero

"Puffwi puffwi!" Kawaine was already getting excited at the new Snag'em assignment.
"Puffwi??" Kawaine suddenly turned around, looking concerned and gazing up at Ari.
"No," Ari said without so much as a giggle, "I don't have any cake. But perhaps I'll get you some if you can get your hands on that golden pearl."
"Ffwi!!" Kawaine's eyes got wider, and she eagerly dashed off to find the Spoink in the assignment. Ari laughed to herself at this.
[i]She doesn't even know which direction to go.[/i]
"To locate a psychic-type Pokemon such as Spoink," Ari lectured to the remaining Pokemon, "it is possible to tune in to the ever special mindwaves that signify their powers. I also know that gold is a very submissive metal, so that pearl would be able to amplify a Spoink's powers to an exhilirating extent. If we listen closely, we'll find something much like a radio signal. Tsukimi?"
The Retron stood attentive and nodded.
"That's your cue," Ari whispered to Tsukimi. "Try a Psych Up."

Retron is a psychic-type Pokemon, plus its antennae are perfect for tuning in to any type of electric signal, no matter what the source. That's two things that favor Tsukimi's success here.
"Now we all need to clear our minds as best as possible--we don't want any interference..." Ari quickly muttered, soon after everyone (including Ari herself) followed this command. Tsukimi, meanwhile, Psyched Up, all for the hopes of locking onto the Spoink's whereabouts (and perhaps its thoughts for an extra bonus).

At the same time, Ari and Tsukimi pointed to a spot to the southwest. This direction led to an area thickened with trees and bushes.
[i]I guess if I was a Pokemon,[/i] Ari thought as she and her Pokemon walked in the intuited direction, [i]I would definitely be a Psychic-type. I've never quite figured out why I could do that as well...[/i]

Far ahead, a rustling was heard. There were voices, but from their distance hardy anyone could identify them...
"Shinai..." Ari said involuntarily, after which she ran towards the scene ahead, trying to keep as quiet as possible. Her Pokemon followed quite easily on speedy feet or wings, except for Tsukimi, who hobbled along like a metallic turtle.
Soon enough, the scene could be seen. A Misdreavus was staring at the Spoink with the golden pearl--apparently it had just used Mean Look to prevent it from escaping. Ari immediately recognized the Misdreavus' blood-red neck orbs.
"Shinai," Ari said quietly--this time more sure of herself.
"Mis," Shinai quickly greeted the new arrivals with a sideways glance, then focused her attention back on the Spoink.
"Spoink." The Spoink then launched its Confusion attack, hoping to "scramble up" its foe. Shinai tumbled backwards in the air a couple of times from the attack, but then she held on--it looked as if she was using her own psychic attack.
"Psywave," Ari whispered from behind a bush. Shinai then launched her own psychic attack. Wave after wave, the Spoink wavered with each hit and finally tumbled back almost like Shinai did moments before. Then it bounced gracefully off its spring tail, its pearl taking on a misty glow. This was obviously a powerful Spoink, but this didn't bother Shinai.

"Misss." Shinai took on a glow of her own, which soon turned into a sort of dark sunray which shone upon her. Then this ray traveled along the ground--right at Spoink. When Spoink was hit, its eyes shone red for a moment, then it appeared to feel dizzy.
"Spoooooiiiinnnkkk..." Spoink even sounded dizzy. It looked like it was preparing another Confusion attack, but it seemed unable to muster the necessary concentration to do so. Instead, it lost its focus completely and ended up attacking itself. It threw itself into the air, spun around a few times, then landed clumsily on the ground, rocking from side to side on its belly. Its pearl also rolled off its head.
"Very nice Confuse Ray," Ari commented, yet still keeping the sinister tone her voice always had when she found herself in a battle.

"Yan?" Henshu darted out from behind a tree, inquiring Shinai.
"Mis mis," Shinai answered with a nod.
"Yan." Henshu then flew over to the pearl and picked it up. She didn't want to be rude to Shinai by stealing the pearl she fought so hard for.
[i]How very polite of you, Henshu,[/i] Ari thought. [i]I believe I mentioned that in that post I wrote about you.[/i]
"And once again we have succeeded without the slightest bit of trouble," Ari declared to her Pokemon. "I am sorry that Kawaine and Shokuchi did not get to participate... but don't worry, you two--our work is so easy that we frequentlydon't need everyone. Perhaps you two will have a go next time, provided you don't goof off too much."
Shokuchi gave a little bark of disapproval, then continued her game of tag with Kawaine.

"I suppose," Ari said as Henshu flew past her, "that we should head back to collect the reward."
"Puff!"
"Arf! Arf!"
"Yanya!"
"Missdra."
"Retron."
And so they all headed back.

[i]Why are Kane's assignments so easy?[/i] Ari wondered on the way back. [i]This is a true insult to my intelligence. I wonder if I should be the one ordering Kane around. I don't know why I always make him seem like a pushover...[/i]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blooming
[quote name='Deathsye']"Kid... You have just messed up. Cinder are you ok?" Cinder slowly gets up. " Cinder take it easy. KNIGHT!! " The smoke cleared around Knight. He was sitting there totally unharmed. "Ha You can't hurt Knight with Fire! DONT YOU WONDER WHY HIS SKIN SHINES SO MUCH IT HAS BEEN MOLDED TO OBSITION! " Knight did a rollout attack and hit Spirit. Cinder was trying to take on Shocker. "Cinder let her have it!" Cinder Used Fire Wheel. It surrounded Shocker.[/quote]
"ha you cant harm shocker with fire wheel,shocker will just absorb it."sparkle said as she called sparkles back.Just then riku said he would never ggo with hiro."fine cinder use........"hiro started to say but he got cut off."i challenge you to a battle.if i win you leave without the boy,if you win you take the boy and leave"sparkle said with a look on her face that frightened cinder and knight,plus it also scared hiro a bit."your on"hiro said.The two stepped outside and started the battle.""ill start first"sparkle said taking off her cloak."sparkle use fire tornado and shockeer use invisible spin""sparkle shouted her commands as sparkle started to turn and soon became a fire tornado and shocker became invisible.both attacks hit cinder and knocked him out of the battle.Everyone waas watching this inteense battle."go sparkle"shouted some of the people watching."your turn""said sparkle as hiro put cinder back in its pokeball and and tried attacked shocker,but shocker dodged the attack."sparkle use firer tonado once more and shocker use aerial ace!"sparkle shouted as her pokemon attacked knight and knocked him out of the battle."looks like i win!"sparkle said aas hiro picked knight up and grummbled under his breath as he left the area."hey kid looks like i deserve a thank-you"sparkle said to riku walking up to him."thanx"riku mummbled under his breath."so kid whats your name"sparkle asked riku

"ha you think this is the end do you." As Knight went in side his pokeball. "I will leave for now but know this where ever you run. Where ever you hide i will be there right behind you ready to strike. I don't have anything against this kid. BUT IF I DON"T BRING HIM BACK I WILL BE OUT OF A JOB!!" Hiro ran away to the local Poke Center. "Hey Nurse can you take a look at my Pokemon." "Sure." "Come on out guys" Both came out brused and battered. "Sorry i was careless." They were taken to the back room for treatment. About 15 minutes later the Nurse brought Knight and Cinder out of the back room. "here you go. Be careful next time." Hiro- "Thanks. Come on, Guys. We still have a job to do."

[quote name='blooming']."hey kid looks like i deserve a thank-you"sparkle said to riku walking up to him."thanx"riku mummbled under his breath."so kid whats your name"sparkle asked riku[/quote]

"Riku"he replied bluntly.

*bring*bring* Hiro's phone was ringing in his pocket. "I hope that is not who i thnk it is." Hiro answers "Hello..." Cheif's voice explodes from the phone. "HIRO! HAVE YOU FOUND THAT KID YET!!!" "No, sir. I had him in my grasp but some of his damn friends ganged up on me. I was unable to retrieve him." "YOU JACKASS! YOUR LUCKY I DONT FIRE YOU RIGHT NOW!!" "I won't fail again." "YOU BETTER NOT!" Click. The line went dead. "This is a bad situation." Hiro walked out of the Poke Center. Cinder and Knight right behind. Both of them looked at each other both were worried they have never seen Hiro like this. "It is ok guys. You dont have worry." Hiro and his pokemon walked out of town and in to the countryside.

Guest blooming
sparkle was walking behind the group a bit when she heard some strange noises like they were coming from a troubled pokemon.Suddenley a spoink jump onto sparkles head."spoink!"the spoink screamed like it was scared or something."hey you,come down from there!"said sparkle reaching up and grabbing.When sparkle put spoink down she recognized this spoink."spoink,what happened to your"sparkle stoped to lower her voice "golden pearl?"sparkle finished off her sentence then looked up to see everyone staring at her like she was an idiot or something."what??"sparkle said to the group."this spoink is a friend of mine,but i promised not to take it with me since this is a specail spoink and the pearl that this spoink had when i last saw him three days ago was a golden pearl but now its gone"sparkle said to the rest of the group.

Hiro was walking down a road with Cinder and Knight close behind. Then he came upon Ari. "Ari? What are you doing out here? Did the Chief send you or is this just a coinecidence?" Hiro was expecting the first he waited paceintly for an anwser.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOrange][quote name='Kioky']"Riku"he replied bluntly.[/quote]

[QUOTE=Arcadia]

[b]1.[/b] Post length and quality should be reflective of the collaborative storytelling that is going on in this forum. Though there is no set length requirement, anything less than a couple decent paragraphs (decent meaning more than four sentences) will be considered spam.

[/QUOTE]

So far, of all of you, only Nefertimon seems to have put any effort, at all, into their posts. For their sake, this RP will be spared an immediate lock. However, if thread quality continues as it is, I [b]will[/b] lock this thread. Read these: [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Board Rules[/URL] and these [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=44318]Adventure Inn Rules [/URL] and apply them to your thread. This is your warning.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
OOC: Please, mods, don't be too harsh on people who just want a faster-moving RPG. Please, people in this RPG, make better and longer posts for the sake of this RPG. Right now I feel a bit flattered at what Ozy said, but no matter now... And by the way, I would not be too mad if this RPG ends up beng locked--and I do understand the reason why it should be.

IC:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I just finished a special assignment," Ari answered.
"Yes, the Chief told me that you went off on your own," Hiro remembered. "By the way, what [i]was[/i] your assignment?"
"My dumb boss Kane sent me on a mission to steal a golden pearl from a Spoink. He always sends me on easy missions..."
"Yeah," Hiro said in a slightly envious tone, "it does sound easy... Mine was much harder--in fact I haven't even finished it yet... I have to find some girl named Riku who's been stealing stuff from Snag'em. I was promised some large amount of money in return, but the assignment is so darn frustrating..."
Ari could tell Hiro was frustrated from his clenched fist.
"Perhaps I could help," Ari suggested. "I had an easy time finding the Spoink, so a girl can't be much harder."
"If you help me and succeed, you'll take all the credit," Hiro retorted.
"Not if the Chief doesn't see me," Ari continued. Her sinister tone of voice signified that she was devising some sort of brilliant plan. "Besides, I don't care too much about the money, and I have yet to claim the reward for my mission. Which reminds me... Henshu?"

The Yanma flew forward, still holding the golden pearl.
"Whoa, I guess that was no lie after all," Hiro commented. "I take it that's your Yanma?"
"All four of these Pokemon as well belong to me." Ari indicated Shinai, Kawaine, Tsukimi, and Shokuchi. "And I see you have a Larvitar and a Cyndaquil. Oh, that Cyndaquil--it looks like it just lost a battle."
"Yes, he damn well did," Hiro grumbled. "Guess who Cinder here just lost to? The girl I was supposed to look for--Riku. Her Rikariku was just too much..."
"This is not your lucky day," Ari commented. "Anyways, Henshu?"
"Yan."
"Bring the pearl back to Kane, would you? Don't worry about the reward too much--I'll collect it later if I have to."
"Yan." Henshu obeyed and darted off towards Snag'em headquarters.

"So anyways, Hiro is it? Anyways, do you...?" Ari was interrupted by a peculiar noise coming from a grassy patch near the trees. There, Kawaine and Shokuchi were having a practice battle. Kawaine had just been Embered by Shokuchi and decided to give up. Ari was just about to speak congratulations to Shokuchi when the Jawpy barked and started glowing...

This startled both Ari and Hiro, as well as all their Pokemon. Shokuchi then turned completely white and changed shape, until she became a bigger and leaner dog. Shokuchi had evolved into Growlithe!
"Grrrowl!" Shokuchi cheered for herself, proud that she had just evolved.
"Heh, I thought it looked like a baby Growlithe," Hiro mentioned.
"She was a Jawpy beforehand," Ari corrected. "Jawpy isn't too well-known a Pokemon. Likewise, Kawaine here is a Puffly, and Tsukimi there is a Retron."
"I never heard of any of the three," Hiro commented. Then he turned back to the tired Cinder and the slightly bored Knight. He frowned at how useless his Pokemon could be in resuming the mission, but he still had a glimmer of hope for them. But right then, what he wanted most was payback for Riku.

"Anyways, as for what I was saying before Shokuchi interrupted me," Ari continued, "you never got a chance to answer my previous question. Are we together in this mission or not?"

"The way I see it," Hiro started to say, " if you help me with my mission you would get in good with the Chief. If you help me I will put in a good word in. And I get that 20,000 he offered and maybe I won't be fired."

When he finished saying that there was a rustle in the bushes Riku and the others walked out of the woods in front of Hiro and Ari. "Well... Hello Hello." Riku saw Hiro and Ari, " Isn't that the guy that attacked me?" asked Riku. "I believe so." replied Sparkle. Knight and Cinder quickly jumped into a guarded stance. They couldn't wait to take revenge for what Sparkle did to them. "Spoink! Spoink! Spoink!" yelled the Spoink that was acomannying them. "So this is the person that stole your golden pearl... You give the pearl back." Sparkle said quickly.

" Looks like our paths were ment to be. Cinder... Knight time to take what is ours." Kinght had an unuasl flare in his eyes. He had never knew defeat as Sparkle handed out. He was ready to fight. Cinder was remembering how he lost in the last battle. He had always been the weakest link in the team, But today that would change. All three quickly prepared for the melee that would insue.

Guest blooming
"Ill let you handle hiro riku"sparkle said.
"no im going to battle you"hiro said as he stepped in front of sparkle."whats the point im just going to end up beating you"she said sighing."not this time"hiro said more determined then ever now."fine"said a semi relucant sparkle."The battle is going to be a tag team battle"hiro demanded.This really shocked sparkle,because shes not good with teamwork."who is going to be your partner?"hiro asked as he and ari got ready to battle

Riku stepped forward."Let me be your partner."He said,"After all this dude was after me to begin with." Sparkle nodded and so the battle was on. "Raksha, come on out. It's time for another battle." Riku said summoning his pokemon.

"That is fine by me... Cinder you have to sit this one out. " said Hiro. Cinder looked dissapointed at Hiro. "I'm sorry but Knight is more suited to this battle. If there was another way I would use you but..." he explained. Cinder understood and stood on the side lines. "Alright Knight your up! For your first attack use Roll out!" Knight rolled up in to a little ball and rolled quickly towards Raksha.

Guest blooming
"Shocker come out and use aerial ace to protect raksha!"sparkle commanded.Shocker did exactly as she said. and stoped knight in his tracks."raksha use shadow beam"riku commanded raksha."shocker try using fire lick"sparkle commanded as both pokemon attacked knight,who was only able to dodge firrre lick and got hit with shadow beam.

"KNIGHT!!!" yelled Hiro as Knight was hit by the shadow beam. Knight slowly got up. "Are you alright?" asked Hiro. Knight nodded. He looked towards Shocker with that flame in his eyes flareing higher. "Ari?" said Hiro. She was standing back watching the battle. "I guess this one is on my own. CINDER!!!!!" Cinder quickly jumped in to the acton with a ember attack on Shocker. Shocker barely dodging the attack got blindsided by Knight's Rollout. " This is not going to be like last time..."

"Go Shinai!" Ari finally commanded.
"About time..." Hiro muttered.
"Use Plasmaspiral!" The Misdreavus did as Ari told: she sent a spiraling swirl of ectoplasmic energy right at Shocker. Since Shocker was already distracted by Cinder's Rollout attack, the Plasmaspiral was a direct hit.
"Shocker!" Sparkle shouted. "Grrr... use Fire Lick against that Misdreavus!"
"Cinder, block it by continuing Rollout!"
The Cyndaquil rolled back towards Shocker, stopping the Pokemon mid-attack. Cinder only hit Shocker's feet, but the attack was still pretty effective. Shocker landed, panting quite a bit but still barely in the battle.
"Raksha, now's your chance!" Riku commanded. "Shadow Beam that Misdreavus!"
"Don't you think I would have anticipated that?" Ari commented as Raksha prepared its attack. "Shinai, use...???" Ari was interrupted yet again, for Shinai did something rather strange...

Shinai had disappeared! Apparently she had just vanished into a field of shadow...
"Ari, what do you think you're doing?" Hiro nearly yelled out of frustration. "You're letting your Misdreavus escape? Grr... Knight, I guess you better get back into the... wait, Shinai?!"
Suddenly, a hand appeared out of a sort of portal on the ground. A shadow swept up past it and spun around Raksha, who spun around with it and landed quite heavily on the ground.
"Raksha, what in the world happened?" Riku sounded confused as he spoke.

Seconds later, the shadow reappeared in front of Ari.
[i]Is that even a Pokemon now?[/i] Hiro thought.
For a moment, this shadow just looked like a dark orb, but then it started to turn white, and within seconds it started to morph...
Raksha fired another Shadow Beam at the orb, but as soon as that happened, the orb turned black again, and the same hand appeared from it and absorbed the beam. Then the orb transformed to form the rest of the resulting Pokemon...
"Harmonique!" squeaked the end result.
"Whoa, Shinai evolved!" Ari commented. "I guess that battle with the Spoink boosted your battle experience quite a bit..."
"Hold on a second," Sparkes said, glaring at Ari. "You mean Shinai was the one who stole the pearl from this Spoink? Well then, Shinai, you horrific monster, you're giving that pearl back!"
At this Shinai giggled--what Sparkle said sounded more like a compliment.
"Hmm," Ari suspected, "I see that you just learned Curse. Well then how about using it on that Absol?"
Shinai did so with much enthusiasm. She summoned a sliver of shadow energy the formed into a black needle. After firing this at herself, she squirmed a bit at the painful impact, but then she resumed her usual sinister expression and casually conjured some sort of dark force with her finger. A black aura appeared around Raksha.
"Yeah, nice going, trying to weaken the strong one," Riku mocked. "Raksha, return."
But Shinai was one step ahead. Before Riku could take out Raksha's Pokeball, Shinai used Mean Look on Raksha.
"Dammit," Riku muttered.

By that time, Cinder felt a little bit better, having had time to rest whle watching Shinai evolve and curse Raksha. Knight sat idly by, watching the battle--a part of him was glad to have the chance to rest for a while.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOC: Sorry about Riku's gender mixup... Anyways, in case you're too lazy to refer back to my signup, Harmonique (Shinai) lookes like [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/qingrila/pokems/harmonique.gif][u]this[/u][/url]...

"Dammit!" Riku muttered,"Raksha, use split!" With that Raksha used the attack and instead of just one there was eighteen. Although his power was divided by eighteen making each Absol weaker, it was a good tactic for intimadation. Also due to the curse on Raksha, splitting took down some of his health. "Raksha, use Take Down!" Riku shouted. All eighteen Rakshas attacked at once hitting the Shinai. Although it was able to evade some of the attacks she was unable to dodge all eighteen. With that Raksha returned to just one.

Guest tinkerbell1
"shocker use aeirial ace followed by fire spit and ember!"sparkle commanded as her exillion did as she had said."exillion!"shouted shocker as he hit the idle knight with aerial ace and shinai with fire spit and ember.As shocker was finishing the attack she started to glow.Soon exillion had become a ninetails."exillion became a ninetails"sparkle said amazed."nine!"said her new ninetails as she used confuse ray followed by quick attack.Shocker had focused these attacks on knight so when they hit knight was so confused that when he went to attack he attacked knocked himself out of the battle.

"Knight! Come on buddy YOU CAN DO THIS!" Screamed Hiro when Knight was attacking himself. Knight could hear Hiro but because of his confusion he couldn't under stand him. "KNIGHT DO YOU REMEMBER BEFORE WE WERE SNAG'UM!" yelled Hiro. Knight started to understand the words. "REMEMBER HOW YOU WERE ALWAYS HUNGRY. HOW YOU WERE ALWAYS COLD." Knight snapped out of the confusion and quickly jumped back into the battle. "Now Knight show this person what we can do!" Knight's firey eyes started to glow. Then he was covered in a bright light. "Are you... evolving?" asked Hiro. When the light cleared a different Pokemon was standing in front of Hiro it was a Pupitar. "Knight...." Knight looked back and looked directly at Hiro. "Right! I get it!" Sparkle saw the transformation a scoffed at it. "So what if your Knight evolved it still won't be enough." Sparlke told shocker to use Fire spin on Knight. "Fire wont work on Knight but Knight Use Rapid Spin!" The attack when around Knight in a tornado motion. Then Knight stopped spinning. Unfortunately, Shocker used areial Ace to a knock Knight out. "Knight... Return."

"Now then."Riku said,"That just leaves Shinai. Raksha, you know what to do." The Absol nodded and used Shadow beam. "Shocker, use ember." Sparkle said. The pokemon obeyed and the fire wrapped around Raksha's Shadow beam. The combined attacks hit the Shinai and knocked it out. Due to the curse that was put on it and using all those attacks, Raksha passed out. Luckily, Shocker was still concius so Sparkle and Riku won the match. Riku and Sparkle Returned their exhausted Pokemon to the PokeBalls.

Guest tinkerbell1
'pore shocker normally shes not that vulnerable"thought sparkle as she looked at her pokeball.A sudden thought snapped her back to attention."now give us back that golden pearl!"commanded sparkle and riku at the same time."who me?no way!"said ari laughing a bit."give it t us before i hurt you"shouted sparkle with so much determination that it amused ari.

OOC: Two things. First, Shinai is just a nickname for Harmonique, and second of all, Harmonique's a Ghost-type, so she can't be hit with Normal-type attacks like Raksha's Take Down...
IC:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hurt me?" Ari laughed. "I don't see how you can do that. I still have three other Pokemon here to protect me. And plus, no matter what you do, I don't have the golden pearl. You were too late--my Yanma already delivered it to my boss."
"Then I'll have to go after that Yanma!" Sparkle decided. "Shocker, do you think you can catch a Yanma holding a golden pearl?" Then the Ninetales nodded and ran off.
Ari laughed at what Sparkle said. "Henshu left here quite a while ago and flies pretty fast, so I bet she's already given the pearl to Kane," she said in a much softer tone, so that only Hiro and Ari's Pokemon could hear. "There's no way that Ninetales can catch it, much less retrieve the pearl."
"What a lame duo of trainers," Hiro commented so that only Ari could hear. "Even if they did win the battle, they're still lame..."

Meanwhile, somewhere in the forest...

"Yan." Henshu was flying over the trees, heading back to where Ari and the others were. Instead of holding the golden pearl (which she had just delivered to the boss Kane), she was holding a small sack of what could very well be money.
"Yan!!" All of a sudden, a Flamethrower came out of nowhere and scorched Henshu's left wing. Henshu looked down--and there she saw a Ninetales looking up at her angrily.
<"Give back the pearl!"> Shocker shouted at Henshu.
<"Pearl?"> Henshu asked, shocked. Then she tried to fly away, though she had trouble doing so with a burnt wing. Soon after, another Flamethrower hit Henshu, and this time the hit was more direct. Fully burnt this time, Henshu fell to the ground just next to Shocker.

<"Give back the pearl,"> Shocker repeated, glaring down at the Yanma.
<"The golden pearl?"> Henshu clarified. <"I don't have it...">
<"What do you mean you don't have it?!"> Shocker exclaimed, placing a paw on Henshu's wing, preventing her escape. <"You do belong to Ari, don't you?">
<"Why, yes..."> Henshu answered. <"How do you know... and why are you hurting me?">
<"Well, your Ari has just been defeated in a battle, so she has to give the pearl back fair and square. Ari just refuses to do that, but she did tell me that you had it. Now hand it over!">
<"...You were in the battle?"> Henshu asked mid-wince.
<"I was the only one left standing in fact,"> Shocker answered, bringing her face closer to Henshu as if to bite her. <"Well?">
<"I told you, I don't have it!"> Henshu answered, sounding a bit more irritated. <"I gave it to the boss already! Take my word for it--you don't see a pearl anywhere around here, do you? Now get back to your trainer before you're... tried for murder by the Pokemon Police!"> Henshu couldn't think of anything better to say for that last bit.
The Ninetales finally averted her gaze from Henshu, but only to look around to see if the pearl was there.
[i]I didn't see a pearl drop when I shot her down...[/i] Shocker remembered. [i]Maybe she is telling the truth after all...[/i] And with that, Shocker released the Yanma at last, but before doing so she grabbed the bag Henshu was holding. Then she ran back towards where Sparkle and everyone else were.

Back in the ex-scene-of-the-battle, Sparkle's eyes lit up momentarily when she saw her Ninetales return. But instead of holding a pearl, she was holding some sort of bag.
"...What is that?" Sparkle asked. "And where's the pearl?"
<"Ari was right, the Yanma didn't have it,"> Shocker answered in slight dismay. <"All I got from her was this bag... I think it's a reward for giving the pearl to the Snag'em boss.">

<"What did you do with Henshu?"> Shokuchi shouted at Shocker. <"The Yanma?">
Shokuchi, Kawaine, and Tsukimi were sitting against a tree and had watched the battle.
The Ninetales said nothing and turned away from Shokuchi.
<"Grrr, that's rude!"> Shokuchi continued. <"I guess I'll have to find her myself!">
"Yes, why don't you do that," Ari agreed. She, unlike Shokuchi, wasn't the least bit upset about Henshu. "You can sniff her out--look for something burnt in the forest."
Shokuchi barked in agreement, sniffed the air for a while, then ran off into the forest.

"Puffwi!" Kawaine called, hoping to get Ari's atention. Kawaine was holding three Rawst Berries.
"Oh, you found those?" Ari complimented. "Perfect!"
"Hey, aren't those used to heal burns?" Hiro asked. "Pretty smart for a baby if I might say... and we need exactly three!"
"Puffwi puffwi!" Kawaine thanked Hiro for the compliment, then gave berries to Knight and Shinai.

Moments later, Shokuchi reappeared, carrying Henshu on her back.
"Henshu, you did well," was Ari's only response to her Yanma's condition. When Shokuchi arrived, she patted Yanma on the head. "Oh, and didn't you collect the reward?"
"Yan yan ya..." Henshu mumbled, pointing at Sparkle. Her mouth was full of Rawst Berry thanks to Kawaine.
"Ah, I was afraid of that," Ari added. "That Ninetales took it from you, I figure. No matter though. True rewards are not made of paper, nor anything tangible for that matter."
[i]You're not mad that she took the money?[/i] Hiro wondered, but he didn't really want to ask. [i]I'm glad it wasn't me...[/i]

"So as you see," Ari declared, getting back up to face Riku and Sparkle, "Henshu here had no pearl. I don't care if you took my reward, but you're not getting that pearl without a lesson from my boss." Ari giggled at the thought. [i]Or perhaps a fight against the whole of Team Snag'em.[/i]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOC: The stuff in brackets is translated from Pokemon language. There are no brackets around Shocker's thoughts because they made the text not show up, and besides Ninetales can understand human speech anyways (just ask Dexter). And Cinder didn't get a berry because he's Fire-type and thus can't be burned.

"BITTCH!" Riku shouted taking off his hood and mask."You got 20 seconds to get out of my sight." With that Ari and Hiro got up and walked away.
"What do we do from here?" Aya asked.
"We go back to the Snag 'em HQ." Riku said
"What do you mean back?" Sparkle asked,"We were never there to begin with."
"I knew I'd have to explain sooner or later."Riku said under his breath.
"What?" Aya asked
"First we gotta go to Legends. It's a city a few miles East of here. I need to pick something from there. After I pick that I'll explain everything."Riku said."So the sooner we get there the sooner yall know what you got yourselves into."