OtakuBoards

What is your favorite anime ?

mangamaniack21

:animesmil Hi!! I was wondering peoples favorite animes were. It could be off the air, on the air, on a DVD, or in any other format that you can think of.
You may think that I am crazy, but my favorite anime is MegaMan Nt Warrior. Of course, I like other animes too but that particular one is my favorite. If you like a different one ,then you can type about it if you want to.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Neon Genisis Evangelion [/COLOR] - Pure brilliance. Not only is it a great mech series, with all the best fight scenes I've ever scene (and a couple scenes which give me nightmares, like when [spoiler]01 rips 03 to shreds[/spoiler]) but the psychological stuff was bloody awesome. Some of the best cinematogrophy i've ever scene, and Shinji is just like me.

[FONT=Georgia]My favorite would have to be Cowboy Bebop. The interactions between the characters are so great, and Ed is just hillarious. I could spend a day just watching it :catgirl: And the animation just blows me away.

I also really enjoy Hellsing and Vampire Hunter D-I may have to steal those from my friend;)[/FONT]

Cowboy Bebop and Samurai X/Rurouni Kenshin
>> These have to be in my top favorites since they kind of are the ones that originally got me into liking anime.
Cowboy Bebop is a series that I could just watch over and over again, and I really enjoyed the movie.
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal--The animation and story were both beautiful.

Trigun was an amazing series. Vash was such an interesting character. :catgirl:

I also really enjoy Wolf's Rain even though I haven't watched every episode.

I liked Furi Kuri....it made me laugh even though however many times I watch the series, I still don't fully get what is going on.

:D

While I am partial to many different animes, I would have to say that my favorite is Neon Genisis Evangelion. This is a work of brilliance.

It starts out simple and typical of any other giant robo anime, but slowly the atmosphere becomes darker and far more complex. It becomes less and less about the robots and monsters, and more about the characters involved. The symbolism is almost unbelieveable. There are so many different angles to the story and so many different ways to interperate them. I've gotta say, this one holds a soft spot in my heart.

Well, my favorite anime would probably have to be Naruto, mainly the manga, but I know what your thinking, Dbzman26, that my favorite anime would have to be Dragonball Z but no, somebody's gotta give Toriyama some respect. :animesmil Now back to Naruto, Kishimoto's work in Naruto is nothing short of amazing, I mean, I like the anime and all but I just dont like all the editing done to it, but even so, it is still awesome :animesmil

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]There are a lot of anime shows out there that I really enjoy, but to say one is my favorite, I suppose Fruits Basket would fit that role as it?s one I?ve re-watched many times since I never seem to get tired of it. Tohru?s way of always seeing the good in others is a bit overdone at times, but it?s still sweet in it?s own way and gives rise to the development of other characters in the show.

Overall Fruits Basket draws me back time and time again as I never get tired of watching Kyo and Yuki argue or Shigure being his usual perverted self. I always crack up when he does his little [spoiler]song: High School Girls! [/spoiler] And when Haru goes black I just love watching the fur fly so to speak. One of my absolute favorite episodes in the whole series is when Haru shows up for the first time. That whole episode with Kyo obsessing over [spoiler] beating Yuki in the long distance run for school, to when Haru trips Kyo as he?s running to pick a fight with him. [/spoiler] It?s just the icing on the cake. [/COLOR]

[font="Gill Sans MT Condensed"][color="#993366"][size="2"]Huh, I was under the impression that this sort of thread wasn't allowed... well, no matter. It'll probably get locked if it goes downhill anyway.

Surprisingly, my favorite anime [i]isn't[/i] Gravitation. o_o I just realized it this moment and I'm kind of weirded out by that. The manga's my favorite, though, so I only feel halfway blasphemous. Me=rockin'.

I think my favorite... oh, this is a tough pick. It's a close one between Last Exile and X. Both are phenomenally written action series with outstanding artwork and music for the genre. I think it has to go to X, though. The voice acting, the battle scenes, the characters... they're all flawless. Ulterior motive: Kamui Shirou is one fine CLAMP prettyboy. XD[/size][/color][/font]

[color=#007520][size=4][b]MODERATOR NOTE - PLEASE READ[/b][/size]

As PaganAngel pointed out "Favourites threads" are generally frowned upon in Anime Lounge. Recently, though, there have been a few threads that, although primarily being favourites threads, were of decent quality. This thread has been given a chance, but so far six out of fifteen posts have been deleted for either being a list, or spam.

If any more posts like this disregard that Otakuboards is a forum centered around conversation and more lists/spam are posted, [b]this thread will be closed.[/b]

If you want to create a list, write your reasons for each anime out. Even if you just want to post the title of one Anime, an explanation is required. If anyone has any questions about this, PM me or any of the other moderators and we'll be happy to help you out.

-r2[/color]

Guest Heero yuy
No doubt, Neon Genesis Evangelion...great symbolism, religious debating preference...great animation. Gunslinger girl, great idealistic and realistic boundries and music is beatiful. DearS way on the sexual side, but never the less funny and Bleach great all around.

[quote name='Tical] - (and a couple scenes which give me nightmares, like when [spoiler]01 rips 03 to shreds[/spoiler']) [/quote]
That was one of my favorite episodes lol [spoiler] I didn't like the fact that Toji was in unit 3 though. O.o [/spoiler]

Anywase, I'd have to to say that my favorite anime would be Inuyasha. It's got comedy, action,romance, and suspence all in one. I think another reason I like it is because it was the first anime that I just couldn't stop watching.

My second pick is

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]FLCL [/COLOR] - This show is just plain beautiful. The story is one of the best thought-up stories I can think of, the characters are great, and the script is beautiful. The stiry has a lot of depth to it, especially in the case of Naota's charcter. The fight scenes kick extreme ***, and the music is some of the best in any anime. I don't even care that it's only 6 episodes long, because it begins and climaxes so wonderfully and really couldn't have used any more episodes. I can just watch it over and over and never get tired of it.

I'd say, currently my two favorite shows are:

Samurai 7 -- Because, I think, it's a wonderful re-done version of Akira Kuroawa's Seven Samurai. The animation is amazing! (though some episodes were....not so well done). It started out a bit slow in beggining, but once the action started to pick up, it was just awesome,I kept wanting to see the next episode. Great Series.

GANTZ -- At first i looked past this series, but once i decided to give it a try. I lOVED it. From the first episode..it kept making me want more and more. It's Very graphic with violence (but that's okay). the anime is very close to manga...till a certain point.

mine would have to be Mezzo DSA, just kidding although i don't mind it. No really Cowboy Bebop, well that's pretty obvious i'm always raving about it. but i think it is just really original and it has a dog. how could it get any better. it has the action, substance, humour, and fan service in a nice balance which i still believe dosn't happen very often.

[CENTER]I have such a long list of favorites like
[COLOR=Cyan]MeruPuri
Fruits Basket
Fushigi Yuugi
CardCaptor Sakura
Kamikaze kaito Jeanne
Naruto
Inuyasha[/COLOR]
(Well you get the picture i have lots of favorites :catgirl: )
[COLOR=Magenta]But the one i love most of all right now is
FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE[/CENTER][/COLOR]
It is a story of a young girl who loves to sing but has throat cancer. IT is so cute. :catgirl: :catgirl: :catgirl: