OtakuBoards

Favorite Band(s)

2010DigitalBoy

Guest Akihabara
a sweet band that i think is great is osaka popstar. They fromed by the greatest punk legends of all time like the Ramones and The Misfits. The band was formed for the lead singer's love for anime. They have even done covers of the Sailor moon song

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, and all the usual fare. Can't help myself, they're spectacular.

Recently though, I've been absolutely [i]obsessed[/i] with Tortoise. I bought TNT and Millions Now Living Will Never Die about a month ago. I quite like Millions Now Living..., but I think I've about worn TNT out. I've never been much for instrumental music in the past (except for the occasional Pelican song), because I put a lot of value on lyrics, but I must say Toroise is an amazing band, and I think lyrics/vocals would actually hinder their talents. TNT is a ****ing spectacular album, definitely check it out.

[FONT=Arial]Someone actually beat me to AFI. The world is ending.

But that's okay, because I actually have not one, but two favoritest bands.

The first, at the moment, being AFI (of course). My friend got me into them when I was in seventh grade (by making me watch the Girls Not Grey video and playing This Celluloid Dream ten times in a row at 3 AM), and I finally made her get me a copy of Sing the Sorrow. I listened to it constantly and they very quickly overshadowed Evanescence as my favorite band. A bit later, I found all their videos on Yahoo and obsessively watched them, which introduced me to their older stuff. The same friend gave me Art of Drowning, and also Black Sails in the Sunset. I got All Hallows EP for myself, since it was only five dollars. I got Decemberunderground the day it came out, and after a few listens I became obsessed with it. I often sit at this computer for hours, playing my entire AFI collection through on iTunes. I'll even play God Called in Sick Today three times in a row, because it's amazing. Not only is their music the bestest ever, but...[SIZE=1]Davey Havok is the most sexybeautifulhawtprettyawesome man ever. I'd like to Catch a Hot One![/SIZE]

Rasputina is my second favorite band. I used to be crazy obsessed with them too, and I'm sure I will be as soon as their new album comes out. The cello is my absolute favorite instrument, and that's the only instrument besides drums that they use. Melora Creager, the frontwoman, is the [size="1"]COOLEST WOMAN ON EARTH.[/size] All her songs are either funny, pretty, or poignant, and most definitely fun to listen to. I'd say my favorite is Leechwife, but I adore The Olde Headboard and Diamond Mind especially (because it very very accurately portrays the jewelry industries view of women).

The only problem is that neither of these bands are coming to where I live on tour. :(

Coincidentally. I'm listening to AFI right now. God Called in Sick Today, in fact. Also, I'm in an AFI tribute band called Por Siempre. We can't do much anything right now, but I'm planning on playing at a Battle of the Bands next year.[/FONT]

I have quite a lot of favorite bands, but one i've recently really gotten into and have a lot of songs from is Anberlin. Bands and singers work in a funny way with me, usually it's a "flavor of the month" deal and i'll find a band i like and after i've played out all the songs i'll move on. Aerosmith, RHCP, Linkin Park, and Foo Fighters are the only ones that never usually play out with me, i can listen to songs like Californication or Fly Away from Here over and over.

As for japanese music, Naruto, FMA, and Bleach have gotten me big into Orange Range and Asian Kung-fu Generation, i have a bunch of songs from both and they are both overall very good bands, not just the few song wonders used for the animes.

Right now i'm really into Anberlin though, Paperthin Hymn being my favorite song.

For some reason, grindcore has become better and better to me every time I hear it. One of my current favorite grindcore bands (and probably the best) is [B]The Number Twelve Looks Like You[/B]. Get past the screaming and you'll find amazing musicians and song structures.

Check them out at [URL=http://myspace.com/tntllu]myspace.com/tntllu[/URL]

Another good grind band is the [B]Locust[/B]. They have some cool synth things in their songs, and their guitar player is crazy. He's up and down the neck all the time. Try to find a good video of them playing[B] "Anyting Jesus Does I Can Do Better"[/B] or [B]"The Half-Eaten Sausage Would Like To See You In His Office[/B][B]"[/B]. I'm dead serious.

Aside from grindcore, look up on myspace.com [B]Volta do Mar[/B]. Sounds a ton like [B]The Mars Volta[/B], but there is no relation (but I still will second Tical on everything he said). They are mostly an instrumental band that has two bass players. Its fast and great, so listen on myspace.com.

Pick up [B]Stadium Arcadium[/B] by the[B] Red Hot Chili Peppers[/B], cause its freaking amazing

i really like bands like DC Talk, Superchick, and Switchfoot -- all mainstream I guess (only DC Talk is secular now... :mad: grrr...)
but on the opposite end, i also really like P!ATD (or Panic! At The Disco) because their music is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus, their lyrics are really poetic, and even if I don't agree with them, they still get serious props for creativity. Same with FOB (Fall Out Boy).
But Toby Keith is good, too!

At the moment I guess the bands I've been listening to the most are Mogwai and The Mars Volta. I think they're pretty similar in a lot of ways in that they don't follow the traditional pop song formula (not that there's anything wrong with that, if that's what you dig), but rather aren't afraid to draw things out. Mogwai are a lot more psychedelic, rarely use vocals and if they do they're often so distorted you can't understand them.

As for The Mars Volta, I don't think I could add anything that Tical hasn't said already.

[size=1]

My favorite band has been Green Day, nearly as long as I can remember. Really though, everyone has heard at least one song by them, so everyone has already formed thier own opinion. Though, most that don't know thier music very well and have only listen to the complete and utter crap that is American Idiot is really missing out, and I'd definitely recomend some of thier older albums.

Though 'Saint Jimmy' and 'She's a Rebel' have thier moments. But basically that was the most emo-crap-tastic album I've ever heard. Even though they are my favorite band. I was completely dissapointed. Meh.

Alrighty. I have also become quite fond that new song 'Face Down' by the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. Listen to it. Watch the music vidio. It's rather touching, and the singer isn't bad to look at.

I like the new look Taking Back Sunday has recently adopted, but thier music has become rather blah lately. I still like 'Tell all Your Friends', though.

But my current favorite band [save Green Day, of course] would have to be either Family Force 5 or the Spill Canvas.

FF5 is awesome. 'Kountry Gentleman' is the most hillarious song ever. 'Replace me' is also quite catchy. Just listen to them sometime, you won't regret it.

The Spill Canvas has some awesome lyrics. Just simply amazing. So yeah.

[/size]

[QUOTE=PaganAngel][font="Gill Sans MT Condensed"][color="#993366"][size="2"]Betcha guys wouldn't guess my favorite band is Angels & Airwaves...

What can I say about this band that I haven't in other threads? I know, I'll write it as an equation for you.

Tom Delonge - Blink 182 + totally sweet music + even more rad lyrics = way sweet band.

I r t3h gud at math.[/size][/color][/font][/QUOTE]

I think Angles and Airwaves are ok, but their songs sound too similar to one another. Also, I personally liked Mark Hoppus' voice more than Delounge's. :)
My current favorite band's would be blink 182 and Atreyu.

Guest mewmewninja45
My favorite band ........hmmm that's a hard one.......... I guess it's between Linkin Park and Good Charlotte. (*sigh* it's a dead even race for favorite band)
Welllllllllllllllll,I guess I may like Good Charlotte a little bit better.

Well whatever, I guess they both rock. :cool:
:animesigh

[color=darkred][size=1]

I am normally a hip hop fan. I don't much care for alot of modern rock past a few singles spread out here and there. But recently, I discovered a band that's bringing back the old school hard rock that I love so much. [b]Wolfmother[/b]. I seriously just love their unapologetic style. They just have that vibe about them I feel where they're not trying to be cool or trendy. They're just making good music. Their style really reminds me of the older early '70's groups of early Metal and Hard Rock that I listen to. Great guitar works, they're just a fun band to listen to. They make an energetic rock that isn't that sappy pop-punk garbage. Really lovin' them.

Another active band I love, and have always loved, is the [b]Red Hot Chilli Peppers[/b]. Though I doubt I need to explain why. They just make good, creative music. They don't follow any particular genre in their music, they just play what sounds good and what they enjoy. I wish there were more bands out like these two, maybe then I'd have more of a reason to listen to Rock. Haha.

I don't know if they'd be considered a band, but [b]BME Clique[/b] anyone? Lil' Jon, the East Side Boyz, Young Bloodz, Lil' Scrappy, and others. Great club music.

[b]Edit:[/b] I forgot to mention. [b]Franz Ferdinand[/b] is another favorite. I don't know why, but their general style and music is just infectious and fun to listen to. Weird, different, something fresh I feel. Though they havn't come out with a single in a while, I still like to listen to them on occasion. [/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]I don't know if I have a favourite band, but I do have a selection of bands that I will [I]always[/I] love.

[B]Asian Kung-Fu Generation[/B]- I adore Japanese music, but these guys are just fantastic. They aren't as well known as the likes of L'arc~en~ciel, but personally, I think they're more talented. They have a very honest sound to their music rather than sounding manufactured, and while their songs are all similar in style, no two song sounds exactly the same.

[B]The Used[/B] - I will never stop loving this band. I never used to like 'screamo' (I think that's what it's called these days) but The Used pull it off so well I can't help but adore it. They have very emotional songs with very powerful lyrics, and that's something I always look for.

[B]Maroon 5[/B]- What can I say about Maroon 5? I know every single word of every single song from their album 'Songs About Jane'. I wish they'd release another album to sate my fangirl needs. I simply adore them.

[B]KT Tunstall[/B]- I love female musicians that have real emotion in their music. I think a lot nowadays sound so manufactured and are more sex symbols than real artists. KT's lyrics, and her voice, is so unique that I can't help but love her. Her fashion sense is pretty fantastic, too, and she's so grounded.

And I love others like [B]Franz Ferdinand[/B]; mainly because of the steady, heavy beat they have in their songs. [B]Orange Range[/B], [B]Marilyn Manson[/B] and the [B]All American Rejects[/B] are also high up on my list, as well as older bands like [B]Bon Jovi[/B], [B]Aerosmith[/B] and [B]Pink Floyd[/B].[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=DimGray]My current favorite band?

[b]The Prodigy[/b].

No doubt about it. They've been my favorite group for the past two years, and I don't see that changing any time soon. They are just too unbelievably talented (and when I say "they," I'm mainly refering to [b]Liam Howlett[/b], since he is the lead man and pretty much does everything, although I do give much props to [b]Flint[/b] and [b]Maxim[/b]). Every album they put out sounds completely different from the last, and yet it still has that distinct Prodigy sound. I have no idea how Howlett manages to pull it off.

Coming in a close second is [b][u]M[/u]indless [u]S[/u]elf [u]I[/u]ndulgence[/b]. I mean, come on! It's MSI! Amazing! That's all I can say.

[/color][/size]

[quote name='Billy Shears]Pick up [B]Stadium Arcadium[/B] by the[B] Red Hot Chili Peppers[/B'], cause its freaking amazing[/quote]
I second that! Great album.

The Who have been my favorite band for over a year now and I can't see that changing anytime soon, if at all. But recently I've gotten really interested in Beck.

Guest korkie
[FONT=Garamond][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=2]My favorite band would have to be Coheed and Cambria. Their lyrics are so dark

and strange, and well they are downright awesome! I would also have to say Panic!

At The Disco, because I love their music[/SIZE].[/COLOR] [/FONT]

[size=1][color=slategray]*Drowns* [b][i]Wheatus.[/i][/b] A wonderful mix between pop, indie, and rock. Their songs are the kind that make you want to get up and dance and snap those fingers. Some songs let off a "f**k you" attitude which is executed perfectly. I love the lead vocalist, his voice is purely amazing. Plus, you can't beat their randomness and awesome guitar solos. : D
Wheatus is by favorite band of all time, and I love all of their CDs. Go check 'em.
>: O

I also can't get enough of [b]Jack Off Jill[/b]. '90s Goth at it's prime. I just think it's adorable when Jessicka does screaming vocals. (Yes, I'm odd.) But, yes. *glomp*
And, of course, I like [B]scarling.[/B], too. In their latest CDs, Jessicka's vocals have become far more mature-sounding.

[b]t.A.T.u.[/b] Haha. I just purchased their CD that was released last year. And it temps me to go back and find the first one again. Honestly, t.A.T.u. is one of my biggest guilty pleasures... ever. You can't resist fake lesbian Russians and their catchy tunes. : D[/color][/size]

this is simple (for me anyway), Well I've always been a Metallica fan and probably always will be. I just love their songs they can pump me up or calm me down and the're usually consistant with good songs and albums, except I really could have done with out Saint anger. :(

About a half a year ago I was completly obsessed with the Slipknot offshoot band: Murderdolls. I did some background research into a few of the members and discovered Acey Slade. He played guitar in the band.
I than found his band: Trashlight Vision which absolutly rocks. They're a straight punk rock band. When I heard the demo song, "My ******* You To You I" was amazed. It sounded really good. Really trashy and still awesome. Acey Slade and this band have since become my favorite band.

Sadly though they don't get much attention in the states. They're real big in the UK though, just like every other punk band.

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=Sienna]My latest favourite band has got to be [B]George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers[/B] (GT&D for short). They're a great bluesy-rock band that has produced some of my favourite rock anthems, including the seminal "Get a Hair Cut (And Get a Real Job)," the classic "One Bourbon, One Scotch, and One Beer," and the infamous "Bad to the Bone." (Although to tell you the truth I'm not really a big fan of BttB)

They're also an awesome live act. I saw them at Bourbon Street North just a while ago, and it was wicked. They also had the incredible "50 States in 50 Nights" tour, in which they played more than 75 shows in 50 states in the course of 50 days. That's incredible, and a feat no one has been able to match. He also preformed my favourite version of "Johnny B. Goode" in St. Louis.

None of the songs will ever be confused with an epic or a deep retrospective ballad, but they're just so incredibly fun to listen too I don't really care. Just awesome, plain awesome.[/COLOR]

[color=darkred]I'm well into Metallica at the moment. I think a lot of their work is good, but really, nothing of theirs can compare to their awesome first three albums. I admit that I've always been into Master Of Puppets, but I'm becoming more and more fond of Ride The Lightning and Kill Em All, especially towards such great tracks as The Four Horsemen and Creeping Death.[/color]