OtakuBoards

Whose Line Is It Anyway

lee123

[color=blue][font=Verdana]lee123, please put more effort into your posts. As it stands now, your first post is not likely to generate much discussion. Try explaining why you find the show funny or what it is you like about it. That way, further posts will have something to go on.[/font]
[font=Verdana] [/font]
[font=Verdana]I'll leave the thread open for now but I ask that you edit your post to include some of the details I mentioned. I suggest you read over the [/font][url="http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?"][font=Verdana]rules[/font][/url][font=Verdana] and [/font][url="http://www.otakuboards.com/faq.php?"][font=Verdana]FAQ[/font][/url][font=Verdana] before you continue posting. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any other staff member.[/font][/color]

[font="Gill Sans MT Condensed"][color="#993366"][size="2"]Used to watch that show religiously. Stopped when I realized Drew Carey wasn't cool anymore.

That show was funny, though! I love it when they did the props. They think up the weirdest stuff. I also like when they do stuff like the three-headed opera, where each person can only add one word to the song. The result is often a very "wtf" experience.[/size][/color][/font]

[size=1]Ah yes... good ol' Whose Line.

There was a show similar to Whose Line in Australia not long ago. It was called 'Thank God You're Here'. Basically, some celebrities/improv comedians were put into situations they had no idea about. It was all very funny. The themed ones were the best. Ie. Pirates, Titanic, Jane Austen era.

Anyway, back to 'Whose Line'. My favourite parts were:

1. When Wayne accidently showed this poor woman's underwear on national TV. He was in the game 'Party Quirks' and his quirk was being basically 'An Old King Kong/Godzilla movie'. He picked the woman up and slowly the skirt inched up as well. Ryan made it all the more funny by doing not 1, not 2, but 3 parts of a Ho-down about it.

2. The 'Three-Headed Broadway Star' game with Ryan, Drew and Wayne. The musical was 'My Favourite Shoe' and the hit love song was 'You are My Sole-Mate'. Drew stuffed up lots of times, but the finishing touch was when he said 'me' in a very high-pitched voice at the end because he was laughing so much.

3. The Questionable Impressions game in the hospital. I was in hysterics.[/size]

I prefer the British version of Whose Line to the American version. The improvisers generally got much more leeway in regards to the kinds of jokes they could make, and Clive Anderson was a funnier host than Drew Carey (even though Drew participated in the game to a far greater degree).

For a while my favorite game was 'World's Worst,' but for sheer, ridiculous humor, I think that I enjoy 'Dead Bodies' the most. That game cracks me up every time I see it; I can't say that about any other game, except maybe 'Questionable Impressions.'

Love that show.
Used to watch it all the time when it was on.
Wayne Brady rules, and even Stephen Colbert was on it!!
And Stephen Colbert, my friends, is the "shizzle", as it were.

I remember having to do the same sort of thing in drama class, it's really fun!

In my school we used to have Improv Fridays, where everyone and anyone would come into the theater room to play Props, Questions and whole bunch of other Whose Line games.

Needless to say, it was hysterical, rather short lived but generated a lot of memories.

I love Whose Line, but I wish there were more episodes. I feel like I've seen the same episodes over and over again.
But the best was when Ryan accidently broke the light on Drew's desk with his head. (Does anyone else remember that?)
And Colin is my hero! =D

I don't remember that one, but do you remember the one and I think they were
doing a Godzilla thing or something, and Wayne Brady went out and grabbed an audience member and went to pick her up and accidentally lifted up her skirt and she flashed her undies LIVE!
It was sooo funny but horrible at the same time. Must have been so embarassing!
made for some good television though XD

[QUOTE=KatanaViolet]I don't remember that one, but do you remember the one and I think they were
doing a Godzilla thing or something, and Wayne Brady went out and grabbed an audience member and went to pick her up and accidentally lifted up her skirt and she flashed her undies LIVE!
It was sooo funny but horrible at the same time. Must have been so embarassing!
made for some good television though XD[/QUOTE]

I saw that episode just last week. Maybe a whose line game sometime? You know here.

[CENTER][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]I really love the show.
I mostly watch for Wayne Brady though. What a little cutie... :D

My little sister (age 9) watches the show with her two friends (ages 8 and 10) more than cartoons. I know they don't understand half of the jokes,but it is so cute when they laugh anyway.

My sister has even started making a "Whose Line" book. She has pictures of Wayne,Colin and Ryan and writes about the different games, such as Props.
So cute.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Guest Narroc
I thought the best episode was where they started making fun of Hitler early in the show and the director or someone, came out and said that they werent allowed to make any more jokes about him. Ticked Drew off for the rest of the show..it was histarical :animesmil

• 1 month later...
[QUOTE=UnemployedNinja]In my school we used to have Improv Fridays, where everyone and anyone would come into the theater room to play Props, Questions and whole bunch of other Whose Line games.

Needless to say, it was hysterical, rather short lived but generated a lot of memories.

I love Whose Line, but I wish there were more episodes. I feel like I've seen the same episodes over and over again.
But the best was when Ryan accidently broke the light on Drew's desk with his head. (Does anyone else remember that?)
And Colin is my hero! =D[/QUOTE]
lol that is funny

I used to watch that show on ABC Family. It can be quite hilarious. My favourite games were "Props," "Strange Newscasters," and "Two-Line Vocabulary." I never liked Drew Carey, though. I always felt bad for Colin because everyone was always teasing him for being bald.

[quote name='PaganAngel][font=Gill Sans MT Condensed][color=#993366][size=2]Used to watch that show religiously. Stopped when I realized Drew Carey wasn't cool anymore.[/size][/color'][/font][/quote] Oh, you are [i]so[/i] getting a few more decades in purgatory for that one.

[quote name='Inu-Hime']I used to watch that show on ABC Family. It can be quite hilarious. My favourite games were "Props," "Strange Newscasters," and "Two-Line Vocabulary."[/quote] Two-Line Vocabulary was hysterical, and easily my favorite game. Ryan was marvelous in it.

[b][size=1]I still watch every once in a while. My favorite games thus far are hats, irish drinking song, sound effects, and 3 headed broadway.

The events thay normally have me in tears are; Irish Drinking Song, well not occasionally, but the one I crack up at the most is the one where Drew didn't finish his line, and Ryan just said some mumble jumble. (That's where it starts, no body didn't say anything for a good while because they were laughing, and I would start laughing) And Collin ended it with "MEOW" I only watch Whose Line to catch that specific episode now. (I have the episode almost memorized. I know Collin was wearing red while Ryan wore blue and Greg was on there and they did Film dub which started the whole "MEOW" thing.)

Sound Effecst - I can barely explain this one. When they try to do sounds for Collin and Ryan, and just make random noises...... And I hear Drew cracking up in the background.... I'm cracking up. His laugh is contagious.

3 Headed Broadway - I don't laugh at everyone of them, but the one that brings me to tears is the one where David Hassellhoff (sp?) was on. Man, they're suppose to say 1 word, and David says 2-3 words, and have everyone looking stupid, and then Drew bust out laughing....... yeah, that's funny stuff.[/b][/size]