OtakuBoards

Has anime ever made you cry?

PaganAngel

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet.... there have been many times when good anime had made my cry. I'm such a sucker I tell you. XD

Fullmetal Alchemist- Yes I see that many people have cried at this series and I totally understand. [spoiler]Anyways, the moment in that series that made me bawl was Episode Three, "Mother". It was so sad when you see their mom die and they want to try so hard to bring her back... thus causing Ed's leg and arm to be ripped from his body and Al's spirit to be placed in armor. Damn that episode was so sad...[/spoiler]

Fruits Basket- The very last episode where [spoiler]Kyo finally transformed into the cat's monster. It was all so sad when he thought Tohru would keep her distance from him forever and that he should just run away. Needless to say, she stayed by his side and told him what he wanted to hear.. 'twas so sad.[/spoiler]

Howl's Moving Castle- Amazing and beautiful movie, I must say. The part that made me bawl was when [spoiler]Howl had died because Calcifer was free... and Sophie was so sad. Needless to say, when Calcifer, his heart, had come back... he was alive again and the first thing he did was say that he loved her. Daww!! XD[/spoiler]

Anyways, I have more but along with the comments about Spirited Away and Naruto... heck yes, those were such sad animes.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, actually it's made me cry several times. Apparently it's made a few other people cry as well. Good to know. I was surprised to find out that Roger Ebert admitted to almost crying when he watched Grave of Fireflies. [url]http://www.kaneva.com/asset/assetDetails.aspx?assetId=7277&communityId=0[/url]

Mainly the Studio Ghibli films, but in other series as well. I have to say Clamp is a well-known producer of good tear-jerker material. I was also surprised to find myself almost in tears in Trigun [spoiler] when Wolfwood gets shot by his mentor [/spoiler] . Wolf's Rain [spoiler] when they all meet with the Flower of the Moon and she comes with them [/spoiler] was another scene, almost needed a tissue. Of course, Cowboy Bebop [spoiler] when Spike is done fighting Vicious and staggers out, last word: "Bang" [/spoiler]. I think that any well-written series that has those dramatic moments is gonna find a way to effect the audience. You get so connected to the characters and their worlds that you start to feel for them. Thanks for starting this post! Bout Time! :catgirl:

Like Air TV, Cowboy Bebop, Wolfs Rain, .hack//sign, Magister Magi Negima, Shuffle!, Trinity Blood, Elfen Lied, Fullmetal Alchemist, and a lot more. It's kind of hard to explain which parts I cried about. Since it might be a spoiler for those who are watching the anime. Not only that, but some have too many reasons of why I cried.

Fullmetal Alchemist-(spoiler warning... don't know how to cover it)[spoiler] when Huges dies, his funeral, and the last 2-4 episodes... i dunno the last few were just a cry-fest.[/spoiler]
there have also been a few Inuyashas that made me tear up... Faithful Love song of before we met Part 2 was one... I know there are others, but i can't recall right now.

[COLOR=#99121c][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Spoiler tags were added ~Ikillion[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I'll never forget from Wolf's Rain when [spoiler] Toboe died. It wasn't the episode where he was shot, because I was sort of stunned sad, it was the week after (I was watching on Adult Swim) where he was dragging his bleeding back legs toward Quent and talking to him, after all the'd been through. And then the scene of him running and sitting with his grandmother...

The the way Blue sounded when she said, "Don't...go..." to Quent... The howling... Lets just say I was one blubbery mess, the wolf being my totem and all! I always get a lump in my throat when I hear that song they were playing on the soundtrack too... [/spoiler] I'm such a sap for them, man. =^-_-^= I think Mom shed a few too...

Then Last Exile, [spoiler] even though it was a happy ending, What happened to Dio's spirit, and Alex ripped me up. Even Sophia... [/spoiler] I felt so funny crying in front of my Mom, man oh man.

I'll albsolutly agree with everyone on the Fullmetal Alchemist, with [spoiler] Hughes death... and then when his daughter spoke... uwah! [/spoiler]

Things are usually fantasy for me, so it takes a while to really get me. You never know when someone will be revived or what... But it's the suprise that is definiently one of the aspects I like about anime.

Everyone's said Full Metal Alchemist. :animeswea I just thought the whole series in general was depressing. Especially the ending.

Pita-ten was sooo sad [spoiler]when Shia finally remebers and realizes that its too late and that Taru had died waiting for her and when Shia dies and Kotarou and Misha cry and then when Misha has to leave Kotarou and he asks not to be able to see angels again,[/spoiler] so sad!

• 3 weeks later...
I also almost cried when I watched episode eight of Fruits Basket, when Hatori tells about his relationship with Kana? It was so sad, and so sweet. I love it, and I almost cried. Fruits Basket is so emotional.

I also almost cried when I watched episode 24 of Tsubasa. I read the manga first, but when Seishiro [spoiler]"killed" Syaoran, [/spoiler]I thought I was going to die. And I even knew what was going to happen! I thought it was so sweet when Sakura wouldn't let him leave without her. I almost cried out of sheer joy. (Does that count?)
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]musical_kitten[/B], please do not reveal aspects of a show that could spoil it for those who have yet to see it. Always use spoiler tags. If you need help, just review the sticky on spoiler tags or pm one of the staff for assistance. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest rin2000
:animecry: yep.I was watching spirited away and at the end chihiro had to leave.And whaen she left haku and took care of him.I'm too sensitive!!!!!

[COLOR=Blue]I cry a lot, and I don't know why. I cry once, then read the same part again, then cry again... :animecry:
I cried in Pokemon's first movie.
I cried at the end of Sailor Moon's series.
I cried at the end of Yu-Gi-Oh! series.
I cried at the end of Dragon Ball GT series.
I cry reading the monthly comic book magazine Nakayosi.
I'm about to cry now remembering all those memorable moments... :animecry:

[/COLOR]

The one anime that had me sobbing was [B]Vision of Escaflowne[/B], and my goodness, how I loved it. Its ending is so horribly perfect, and I couldn't get it out of my head. Personally, I wish Van and Hitomi could've had a happy ending, but that was the only ending they could have had, for now...

[quote name='PaganAngel]For me, it was Chobits, even though it had a happy ending. No, it's more like because it had a happy ending. It was so cute how all the couples worked out their differences. Just the part when Hideki admits [spoiler]how much he felt for Chi, even though she was neither alive nor a Chobit... it was really ironic because Hideki was the one insisting all along how persocoms weren't the same as people, and yet he fell in love with one.[/spoiler'] The story of Freya and Elda was pretty heart-wrenching, as was the story of Minoru and his sister. That series really makes a person think. Hard.[/quote]

Yes! In Avatar, when Yuae[spoiler]dies![/spoiler] And then when Sakka see's her again in the swamp! And when It's It's just so..so. sad! And what about when Appa [spoiler]leaves in the Fury of Aang![/spoiler]
[COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]Waterbender[/B] I added spoiler tags to your post. Please do not discuss aspects of a show that would spoil it for others without using spoiler tags. Also it's not necessary to quote an entire post so I've shortened it for you. A good rule to follow is if your post is far shorter than the quote, you need to trim it down. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

NEON GENESIS EVANGELION is the saddest anime ever created if you haven't watched it your missing out, and if your philisophical it is just so much better.

[color=#007520][INDENT][SIZE=1]Hey NekoNikku, maybe you could help us out a little. Tell us [i]why[/i] NGE is the saddest anime ever created? Share the reason philosphers would enjoy it so much better? A little more content to help the flow of conversation would go a long way. ^^ -r2[/SIZE][/INDENT][/color]

I've never really cried much, but in FMA I did at the end a bit, no tears rolling own the cheek but the watery eyes :P

[COLOR=#007520][INDENT][SIZE=1]Once again, a little more content to help the conversation flow would be nice. I've already closed a thread of yours REGAMER-X for having no content. PM me if you have any questions. -r2[/SIZE][/INDENT][/COLOR]

I always think that cetain animes make me cry just from being soo good for example Porco Rosso, Laputa:castle in the sky and Howls moving castle are all so gut wrenching just from the expression and love put into them. Porco Rosso was one anime feature that really gripped me especially because of the setting. The sheer grandeur of environment was outstanding. I think at the end I cryed because i realised that such animes really are fictional and that they really couldnt come about and the world as portrayed by miyazaki and Takahata is not what it is today and that really upsets me. :(

Heck yes!!!! Lots of anime have made me cry. T_T Fullmetal Alchemist for one. The series finale and the movie. Naruto for another. Several fights in the Chuunin Exams made me tear up. And... more others than you can possibly imagine, such as Gravitation (Tohma's unrequeited love, perhaps?) and um... tears kinda welled up in my eyes in Gundam Wing when Quatre said he loved no one and was loved by no one. Yes, I am a sap. So sue me.

[SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkRed]Yes anime has made me cry. Specifically when one of my favorite characters die before the series is over. Like when Hughes was killed by the humonculi right when Mustang was coming to see him. He always brought the laughs and was the best fighter who couldn't use alchemy in the entire show. The way he slung his knives were great. And speaking of knives, I also cried when Wolfwood died in Trigun. I almost straight out bawled. I couldn't believe it. Some animes can be real tear jerkers but that's what makes the story unique and fascinting![/COLOR][/SIZE]

No anime has actually made me cry, but Cowboy Bebop came awful close. [spoiler]Julia dieing was just a sappy moment. I couldn't cry when Spike died because he didn't have Julia any more, so he had no real reason to live on. I think I would've cried if he'd lived though.[/spoiler]

I almost cried in Bleach too. [spoiler]When Renji and Byakuya are taking Rukia into Soul Society and she turns and tells Ichigo to forget about her....Oh, that was just so not right to poor Ichigo, as if he hadn't already lost enough by losing his mother.....[/spoiler]

Guest MetalMadness122
When I was little and watching Pokemon, I think it was the episode with the wild Pikachu herd, at one point my eyes watered up. I can't remember why, it was a long time ago.

Well, I'm sure there's about a million occasions where I've welled up while watching anime, but the only time I really full out cried like a baby was in FMA when [spoiler]Hughes was killed.[/spoiler] :( Hee hee, I'm not alone when it comes to that one.

theres one anime that made me cry and keeps making cry. FRUIT BASKET that manga just has sad story after sad story and i just cant help but feel bad for the sohma and miss honda. love hina got me all teary eyed at the end when all that crap is happening between naru and keitaro.....aww love..

then theres the other stuff that made me teary eyed but i forget them oh yeah i get teary eyed on some of the stuff that happens in the fighting spirit . man you gotta love these great story lines

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][B]Yes, actually. Plenty of times.

One of them was, for example, on one of the episodes of Naruto (I think it was Episode 80), that the [spoiler]3rd Hokage died,[/spoiler] it was just so touching. It was basically flashbacks of everyone's good and bad times with him. But it was touching.

Another was the ending of Dragonball GT. It was the last episode, when Goku was remembering all the good times he had with the people on Earth. It wasn't really all that sad, persay, but it was touching.

And the last one I am going to name was an episode of Full Metal Alchemist, the episode where Scar [spoiler]kills the Chimera that is Nina and Alexander.[/spoiler] I only cried once over it, though. I saw it a second time, and it wasn't sad. Probably just one of those one-time things.[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=deepskyblue][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]Demoness Satoe[/B], I added spoiler tags to your post. In the future, please do not reveal aspects of a show without using spoiler tags. Especially since there are others who have yet to see it. When ever you list a potential spoiler, be sure to use the tags. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]