OtakuBoards

Has anime ever made you cry?

PaganAngel

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, well I was reading the last volume of Cardcaptor Sakura Master of the Clow and bursted into tears...it was sooo sad how Sakura had to say [spoiler]goodbye to Syaoran[/spoiler]...but I cried even harder when [spoiler]they were reunited.[/spoiler] :animecry:

Hmm...Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne...when Miako found out her bro had [spoiler]been possesed by a monster-demon-ghost[/spoiler] whatever lol

[indent][size=1][color=#007520]Mewprincess, your post was in need of spoiler tags. Posting spoilers without concealing them behind tags is against the rules. Posting lists without backing up the items on your list with reasons is also against the rules. Work on your post quality or future posts like this will be deleted. -r2[/color][/size][/indent]

[SIZE=1]I cry a lot during anime because I'm easily touched like that. XD

The most recent time was while watching episode 39 of Kaleido Star, which was definitely the lowest point in the series for Sora. (And she had already gone through some pretty depressing stuff at the time, so that episode was like watching someone get kicked when they're down.)

Though the last time anime really made me weep like a baby was the episode of Gankutsuou in which [spoiler]Franz died[/spoiler]. I wasn't expecting it at all, so I was kind of shocked into tears. Then the sadness set in, and I was crying all over myself.[/SIZE]

:bawl: :bawl: I'm too emotional, I guess, but anime makes me cry all the time. I cried in a few of the Miyazaki movies, bawled in Barefoot Gen (don't watch unless you want to have nightmares for months about war and your family getting killed), in Graves of the Fireflies (another bawl-and-nightmare-inducing one). I cry A LOT whenever I watch certain episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist, and Naruto. :animecry: :animecry: :animecry:
Maybe I should stop watching the realistic, touching anime, and go for a crazy, fun, nonsensical one that will make me cry with laughter instead.

Guest yumenokoyume
Anne of green gables made me cry.

[size=1][color=#af992f]Welcome to Otakuboards Yumenokoyume,

on the left hand menu of the screen there lies the Rules and FAQ page which informs you of what we find acceptable here at Otakuboards. Although it does follow the topic to know that Anne of green gables made you cry. It would be even better to know exactly why it made you cry. What part of this said anime was it that brough you to tears? Since just posting that would contribiute to spam and wouldn't help push the topic foward so to speak. If you have a question feel free to pm either myself or any of the other staff members. ~Ikillion[/size][/color]

The same anime made me cry twice. FullMetal Alchemist made me cry during Epsiode 7: "THe Night of the Chimera's Cry" and episode 25: "Words of Farewell". The thing that will always have be point to this show as great is that Words of Farewell was the first episode of this show that I saw and it had me balling like a child. You all know which scene I'm talking about. Truly a great anime.

I don't all out cry, but i do get really choked up and eyes water a little...
i am a real MAN...lol
I can't remember any specifics... but just about anywhere where the anime characters are crying or really sad... it gets to me.. :animecry:

i love watching romance animes it's my favourite genre...

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I also remember crying when I was watching the ending of Spirited Away...think it was when [spoiler]Chihiro and Haku had to separate[/spoiler]. And also in the middle when those two were in front of garden (?) after Haku went with her to see her parents[spoiler] (who were eventually pigs then).[/spoiler] When CHihiro started crying, I did too...and even harder than she was! and I'm not even starring the movie!! :animeangr [/COLOR]
[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]Mewprincess[/B], I've already told you that when revealing part of a show you need to use spoiler tags. Please take the time to read the sticky at the top of the forum on how to use them as members who continue to post without regard to the rules can end up being banned. So please improve your posts. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Daxcheese
Crying for an anime .......... come close only twice . Once ( which was really really very sad and depressing ) was the ending of Graveyard of the fireflies . Man that was just toooo sad . I guess I was tearing up a little ( I wasnt impressed by the movie mind , but thats the saddest ending I ever saw ) . The other one was Rurouni Kenshin OVA 4 . Except I didnt actually feel mushy cuz it was sad . Its probabaly cuz that was the most amazing 2 hrs( all OVAs ) of my life , and it ended really cool !

There probably aren't many people out there who will even know what this scene I'm about to mention is, seeing how [B]Generator Gawl[/B] is such an obscure title to most OB members, but there is one particular episode that just had me bawling. Episode 10, to be precise. [Spoiler] Natsume's suicide letter had my eyes starting to water, but the silent explosion is what really got me.[/Spoiler]

On a completly different note, here is a popular title that caused some tears in my household. [B]Samurai X: Reflections[/B]. The ending...I couldn't tell if mine were tears of joy or tears of sorrow. I mean,[Spoiler] To die right after reuniting[/Spoiler]...what tragedy...[Spoiler] But I guess it was happy that Kenshin's/Shinta's suffering was finally over.[/Spoiler]

[QUOTE=CoLoR_Me_EviL][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Trebuchet MS]
Spirited Away also made me cry at the end, [spoiler]when I knew Haki and Chihiro wouldn't be together. I got so teary as she ran towards her parents, trying not to look back. I'm such a sap...[/spoiler][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=slategray]YES! That scene gets me every time and I don't know why. It's just... the music... and just... argh. I always cry at the end of Spirited Away. Haha. But... it's more of a happy cry, I suppose. But I love that movie so much.

Cowboy Bebop, definitely. Man, the song "Blue" can get me to cry on it's own, the whole ending scene did not help me at all. I remember the first time I saw it, I couldn't stop crying. My sister threw a shoe at me to make me shut up... but it didn't work.

Oh, man... I always get teary when I read the last book or two of Kodocha, too. [spoiler]When Sana and Akito ran away before he has to move to America. Then he freaks out and starts bawling because she has that whole doll disease thing and he'll miss her.[/spoiler] That made me sad, because he NEVER cries. I was reading that in study hall one day and was trying really hard to hide under the table so no one could see me crying. Haha.

I get too emotionally involved in fictional things... damn, I get way worse when reading books, though.[/color][/size]

[B]Fullmetal Alchemist- [SPOILER]When Hughes dies...When Ed and Al's mom dies, when I found out that Shou Tucker used his own child and dog as chimera material.[/SPOILER]

Yuyu Hakusho- [SPOILER]First episode, Yusuke died...the funeral...got to me T___T [/SPOILER]

Vandread- [SPOILER]Gascone sacrifices herself...[/SPOILER]

Bleach- [SPOILER]Ichigo's mom was killed by a hollow... and the second and third episode with Hime's brother got to me T__T [/SPOILER]

Azumanga Daioh- [SPOILER]It ended too soon, but it was such a happy ending but I cried anyway...[/SPOILER]

Cowboy Bebop- [SPOILER]Spike diessss....[/SPOILER]

Trigun- [SPOILER]Vash killed his own brother...I feel bad for him...[/SPOILER]

Naruto- [SPOILER]How alone Naruto was throughout the series... And how Sasuke was dead, but didn't really die. But I thought he was dead...I cried so hard T__T[/SPOILER]

Tsubasa- [SPOILER]I can't believe that Sakura will never love Syaoran...She tries to...and then...she loses her memories of him, and thoughts of him...and goes back to never remebering him or even feeling the tiniest bit of love for him...[/B][/SPOILER]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]COWBOY BEBOP- [spoiler]Spike fell out of the building and I thought he was dead.[/spoiler]

NARUTO-[spoiler]Haku jumped in front of Zabuza when Kakashi attacked him losing his life.Then Zabuza started dying and Kakashi put their body's together so that Zabuza could be with him one last time.[/spoiler]

Inuyasha:Affections touching across time-[spoiler]Monumoru took control of Kagome's body and forced her to shoot I nuyasha with a sacrd arrow[/spoiler]

I cried so hard :animecry:[/FONT]

[COLOR=Lime]I cry in a lot of anime and the one time that just totally hit my heart was Fruits Basket. It was sad[spoiler] to see how Kyo loved tohru so much that he tried everything he could to get her away from him.[/spoiler]

Another time was when Hana and Uo met Tohru[spoiler] at Tohru's mother's grave and how Hana knew that Tohru had to do something that only she could do. It was a you can't comfort her but there's one thing that she must do.[/spoiler]

Also when they went to visit Akito.[spoiler] This is the part that made me just drop down crying. It was so hard to watch but I just wanted to see what Akito would do and how everything was going to turn out.[/spoiler]

In the end Fruits Basket was a great anime and everytime I watch it [spoiler]I still get teary eyed.[/spoiler][/COLOR]

Guest LyraScience
oh! Yes! There 's an anime that made me cry!
and the anime' s name is "Gankutsuou: the count of Monte Cristo"

btw glad to meet u everyone!

AIR TV made me cry the movie made me cry the most but over all they both have.

[spoiler]the death of Heughs (fullmetal Achelmist)
the death of Kazuma's best friend (s-cry-ed)[/spoiler]

and many more deaths pretty much that what alwas gets to me :animeswea
[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][INDENT]I added spoiler tags to your post [B]serenayasha[/B], please do not reveal aspects of a show that others may not have seen yet. When discussing key parts of a show, always use spoiler tags. Just take a look at the sticky titled spoiler tags for quick and easy instructions on how to use them. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I have only cried while watching anime once that I can remember, and it wasn't even that long ago. I was watching If I See You In My Dreams: OVA Series, and I guess I connected with the story of the guy and started to cry.

Guest Havoc234
Mmm...yeah the other day...I was watchin the first episode of Girls Bravo and when the guy's friend is kneeling in front of the bathtub sobbing...that made me tear up a little bit until she got mad at him XD. Plus, in Fullmetal Alchemist when [spoiler]Hughes dies...[/spoiler]and at the end of the series.
[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][INDENT]I added spoiler tags to your post [B]Havoc234[/B], please do not reveal aspects of a show that others may not have seen yet. When discussing key parts of a show, always use spoiler tags. Just take a look at the sticky titled spoiler tags for quick and easy instructions on how to use them. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

even thought its hard enough for me to admit it since for a girl i hardly cry, i cried while watching S-cry-ed when righ after [spoiler]Ryuho died fighting that one Alter and when sherrice gave up her life to save him cuz she lovedd him[/spoiler] i thought that was so sad cuz sherrice knew what would happened but she did it out of love. i would have done the same cuz i think ryuho is hot!!

I'd have to say the two animes that made me the saddest were

Voices From A Distant Star - [spoiler] at the end when the last thing they say to each other is I am here[/spoiler] it was just overpowering not to the extent of tears though but still sad.

Cowboy Bebop - [spoiler] when spikes been stabbed and he looks at the stunned guards raises his hand in the shape of a gun and says "bang" and then passes on [/spoiler] just sitting her talking about it makes me so sad :(

Guest PirogoethKamiya
The one anime that made me cry was Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai X. :animecry: I was rather depressed after watching Samurai X...

In Chobits I cried when [spoiler]Miss Hibiya at the end ordered to erase all memories of Chii and Hideki was all hysterical[/spoiler].

In FullMetal Alchemist, [spoiler]at Hughes' funeral, when Elysia said that his dad had too much work AND specially when his spirit was waving goodbye at Ed. That was messed up! You know, at that moment Ed had no idea of what had happened.[/spoiler]
I also cried when [spoiler] Riza was trying to wake up Mustang but she realized he was "dead". I still wonder how he managed to survive... but yeah, that scream she made just hit the climax of my pride.[/spoiler]
Also in [spoiler] episode 8 I think after saving Winry from Barry. Ed sadly mentioned that we weren't gods nor demons, but just humans[/spoiler]. For some reason that got my tears out too.

In X I couldn't take that [spoiler] Sorata died!!! he was cute, and funny...and didn't deserve to die![/spoiler]

Lastly, in Mai-HiME, [spoiler] near the end after Mikoto destroyed Shiho's child, Tate desappeared just when Mai was going to kiss him, and he couldn't hear Mai's true feelings for him.[/spoiler]

And that's all I remember for now, so sad... :(