OtakuBoards

Has anime ever made you cry?

PaganAngel

And no, I'm not talking about the time they didn't have volume 3 of [insert series here] in stock. I'm talking about a series that just had you in hysterics by the time it was over. Ever happened to you? (by the way, just a friendly reminder: spoiler tags are your friend!)

For me, it was Chobits, even though it had a happy ending. No, it's more like because it had a happy ending. It was so cute how all the couples worked out their differences. Just the part when Hideki admits [spoiler]how much he felt for Chi, even though she was neither alive nor a Chobit... it was really ironic because Hideki was the one insisting all along how persocoms weren't the same as people, and yet he fell in love with one.[/spoiler] The story of Freya and Elda was pretty heart-wrenching, as was the story of Minoru and his sister. That series really makes a person think. Hard.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm well here comes my list I guess(im just a big baby)

-Chrono Crusade- Now this was an obvious one. [spoiler]When Rosette and Chrono died it was so incredibly sad that I wanted to cry all day not to mention when the red head died. I mean she died for no real purpose. Sigh so sad. :( [/spoiler]

-Ai Yori aioshi- Oh my god [spoiler]When I thought they wouldn't get together beacuse of her father I almost lost it.[/spoiler]

-Mohoromatic maiden- Wow from the very start I was a little sad to know that[spoiler] Mohoro was going to die soon anyway but when she actually did and by that scumbag oh I wanted to die. I was seriously never gonna watch anime ever again if it ended like that.[/spoiler]

-Angelic Layer- [spoiler] Well I cried when the little girl and heremother were reunited. You know you did too admit it. [/spoiler]

-Saber Marionette J and J-X- [spoiler] Well in J it wasn't so bad beacuse that the girls were sacrificing themselves for a good cause. But in J-X when he was just going to leave them just beacuse he thought they would be happy well that was probably the saddest anime moment of all time. [/spoiler]

-R.O.D the tv- [spoiler] When I thought anita was dead I sobbed like a woman.[/spoiler]

-Han Yori Dango-[spoiler] I almsot creid when I thought cute lil tsagushi was gonna leave tsukasa high and dry. That was just plain cruel.[/spoiler]

Yes no one saw me do any of this so it doesn't count so im not a wus yay!

[QUOTE=Avenged666fold]
-Angelic Layer- [spoiler] Well I cried when the little girl and heremother were reunited. You know you did too admit it. [/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/QUOTE]

As a matter of fact, I did. CLAMP sure knows how to make a person misty.

...While we're on the note of CLAMP...

In X, [spoiler]When Kotori died, I just started bawling. And I hated Kotori with a passion. But seeing Kamui all sad like that... I couldn't take it. It was too much. I was all, "Don't worry, Kamui! I'll cheer you up!" XD[/spoiler]

Chrono crusade - haven't finished it yet but so far it sad what's happening to rosette and chrono

Outlaw star - what happen to jim and hanmiho [spoiler] when jim and crew kill her without jim ever knowing the enemy was her.[/spoiler]

Pokemon the 1st movie [spoiler] when ash gets killed by mew and mewtwo psych blasts.[/spoiler]

Neon genesis evangelion- [spoiler]Asuka Mom hanging herself.[/spoiler] NEVER figured out why she did that but maybe she was just nuts?

Yugioh waking the dragons and Dawn of the duel -[spoiler]when you yugi turns his back on his monsters and the dark magican girl was crying in front of him also when Atem or the yami yugi finally said goodbye that was sad.[/spoiler]

Vandread- When gaushco sacrified herself to help the group[spoiler] you think she dies for good but later in the series you find out she ailve and even uses the alien ship to fight back with her friends.[/spoiler]

I must admit I haven't actually cried at any anime-related thing, but I've come close, so I hope that it counts. It takes alot for me to cry over books.

[quote name='PaganAngel]For me, it was Chobits, even though it had a happy ending. No, it's more like because it had a happy ending. It was so cute how all the couples worked out their differences. Just the part when Hideki admits [spoiler]how much he felt for Chi, even though she was neither alive nor a Chobit... it was really ironic because Hideki was the one insisting all along how persocoms weren't the same as people, and yet he fell in love with one.[/spoiler'] The story of Freya and Elda was pretty heart-wrenching, as was the story of Minoru and his sister. That series really makes a person think. Hard.[/quote]

I also have to agree. Not only was Chi incredibly cute, which added to the effect, but the fact that she seemed to know nothing and yet she knew everything was just sweet. The story of Minoru and his sister was also very sweet.

I also must mention Fruits Basket, where Tohru finds out about Kyo's true form. (Beware: this next part may or may not be a spoiler.) It was sweet how she kept on going back for him and begging him to come home. That was so kind of her, even though Kyo wasn't exactly at his best in that situation. Then again, it may just be my weirded out mind... but I loved that part and read it over and over again.

I have cried for a few anime, which is unusual since I rarely cry for anything.

Fullmetal Alchemist--When [SPOILER]Hughes was killed by Envy.[/SPOILER]

The ending of Cowboy Bebop made me tear up the first time I saw it, although now I'm fine with it. I never get tired of watching the ending, which is probably my favorite anime moment of all time. With the final song, Blue, and the last image with the [SPOILER]falling star that represents Spike,[/SPOILER] it all combines for perfection.

I also watched Grave of the Fireflies with my mom, and if you've ever seen it, it probably shouldn't surprise you that we both were in tears.

Oh I remeber one more tiem I cried to the naruto manga. [spoiler]When naruto found out that he was the fox and he was all sad . Then I thought iruka was gonna die boy I was actually bawling all ove my new graphic novel.[/spoiler]

[COLOR=Sienna][quote name='PaganAngel]And no, I'm not talking about the time they didn't have volume 3 of [insert series here'] in stock. I'm talking about a series that just had you in hysterics by the time it was over. Ever happened to you? [/quote]I have yet to see a series that has actually made me cry. Sad perhaps but to outright cry? I?m just not the type to cry over a show and it always seems a bit weird to see my friends cry. I?m always running into the watch this anime as I just know you will cry when you watch it, but so far I?ve yet to actually do so. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][quote name='indifference][COLOR=Sienna']I have yet to see a series that has actually made me cry. Sad perhaps but to outright cry? I?m just not the type to cry over a show and it always seems a bit weird to see my friends cry. I?m always running into the watch this anime as I just know you will cry when you watch it, but so far I?ve yet to actually do so. [/COLOR][/quote]That's me as well. I don't cry over stuff. I get really sad and feel like crying, but I don't actually cry. The closest I came to crying was in Yu Yu Hakusho when Yuske [spoiler]dies in the very first episode[/spoiler] But that sorted itself out fairly quickly. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna][COLOR=SeaGreen]The closest I came to crying was in Yu Yu Hakusho when Yuske [spoiler]dies in the very first episode[/spoiler'] But that sorted itself out fairly quickly. [/COLOR][/quote]
[COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]You know I have to admit that when I first read that, I couldn't help but let out a laugh at seeing how odd that must have felt.

Anywho, getting back on topic I really don't cry at all durring movies. Kind of like what Indifference said, I do feel all sad and such at some movies but to just go and cry? Just really isnt a moving enough expirence for me to cry.

If I had to say which anime has ever made me just completly depressed and just made me feel bad overall hat to be Grave of the Fireflies. I mean if you see the movie you would probaly get it [spoiler]Espically how through the hole movie the kid's lives are just "raped" in a sense of the word.[/spoiler] Other than that..I don't really think there has been an Anime that had made me sad in some parts or another.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Ikillion][COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]If I had to say which anime has ever made me just completly depressed and just made me feel bad overall hat to be Grave of the Fireflies. I mean if you see the movie you would probaly get it [spoiler]Espically how through the hole movie the kid's lives are just "raped" in a sense of the word.[/spoiler] Other than that..I don't really think there has been an Anime that had made me sad in some parts or another.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

It's the same for me, though Grave of the Fireflies didn't depress me so much as allow me to appreciate life just a little bit more. The story is definitely sad, however, and I'll admit to shedding a few tears while watching it.

And that's about it for me. With fiction, it takes something [i]incredibly[/i] powerful to get me to cry, and while I've watched some pretty great anime, I haven't seen anything that's gone straight to my gut so hard that I've felt the need to cry over it. That's not much different from other entertainment mediums, either, haha. :P

Not afraid to say it, I have to admit I can really get involved sometimes and i like immersing myself in the mood of the situation. There have actually been a few times i let it out:

Fullmetal Alchemist - [spoiler]Hughes's funeral scene. Not the moment he gets killed, but seeing his daughter hysterical asking why her daddy isn't coming back if he has work to finish and all that...it really sent me over the edge.[/spoiler]

Trigun - [spoiler]Wolfwood's death scene, which happens to be my favorite death scene in all of anime, it was done excellently and it was really tragic. Wolfwood who often contradicts his own religion because of his profession, and finally pleading to god to allow him to live out his changed life with those he came to care about.[/spoiler]

Naruto - [spoiler]The whole story between Chouji and Shikamaru after Chouji defeated Jirobou, and they made it look like he might have died. It was a touching story about friendship, which i'm glad was a stronger theme throughout the series than love or death. It just fit better.[/spoiler]

I'm sure there might have been a few more moments that made me feel close to it and really sad, but those are the real crying moments i remember.

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Trebuchet MS]It's been mentioned twice, but Full Metal Alchemist totally got me crying. [spoiler]Both when Hughes died (and then his funeral got me to actually SOB), and then at the very end.. when I was all like OH NOES, ED AND AL ARE SEPARATED. Plus I was just sad that it was over. Yes I am very cool.[/spoiler]

Spirited Away also made me cry at the end, [spoiler]when I knew Haki and Chihiro wouldn't be together. I got so teary as she ran towards her parents, trying not to look back. I'm such a sap...[/spoiler][/FONT][/COLOR]

I've cried in loads of anime, and generally in the normal places. But I think the wierdest time was in Naruto when [SPOILER] he was with Jiraiya, and he was training. All he wanted was some one to be there with him while he trained. He was so lonely. Then there was the scene when he was walking through the town and he saw a farther and child, and the dad was giving his child an ice lolly.[/SPOILER] I really don't know why it was so heart wenching, there so many other places that are more so. But I just couldn't stop crying. :animecry:

Guest Mythology
I've never really have cried but i get that sad feeling it happened on Wolfs Rain when the blonde girl(her name escapes me)[spoiler]fell out the car and went over the ice clife[/spoiler] just when her and the detective were about to start there life over again :bawl:

Cowboy bebop on the last episode and [spoiler]julia died,also when roy died(the guy who had the blind sister and took the venus plant),when the kid who lived for ever died and he turned all old and shrivled.[/spoiler] :bdance:

Fullmetal alchemist when i though that ed [spoiler]was dead,and when scare died,and when lust met up with that one guy who made her memorys come back and she killed him because he wouldn't make the philosopher stone [/spoiler]and all he wanted was to be with her so sad. :bawl:

yeah i'm muy macho
[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][INDENT]Mythology I've added spoiler tags to your post. When discussing things that would spoil the show for someone who has yet to see it, always use spoiler tags! If you need help, just check the sticky titled spoiler tags at the top of the section for quick instructions on how to use them. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest gaaraluver
In Chobits [spoiler]when Ueda tells Hideki the story of how he married a persocom, and how he cant see her anymore.[/spoiler]
In Fullmetal Alchemist [spoiler]the last episode, when ed dies, and some other parts like when Roy falls over after getting shot and Riza cries over him (i thought he was dead untill a magazine said he would be in the movie)[/spoiler]

Let's see. Three anime have made me cry. One anime made me cry twice. I shall put them in chronological order. XD

In Wolf's Rain, when [spoiler]Toboe died.[/spoiler] My gawsh, I was lying there, crying! First time an anime made me cry.

Twice in Fullmetal Alchemist, once at [spoiler]Hughes' funeral. Unlike the others, it wasn't his actual death that made me cry, but was Elysia asking her mother why her Papa was being buried. THAT made me cry.[/spoiler] The second time was in the final episode, when [spoiler]we see Ed at the Gate. Again, it wasn't WHEN he died (I had actually known it was gonna happen), but it was when Ed started to cry and said "Al?" in that uber sad voice.[/spoiler] It ran in my head the day afterward and I couldn't stop being all mopey. XD

Third time was in Elfen Lied, when [spoiler]Mariko's implanted bombs are detonated, and Kurama holds her close as they both...uh...explode. I started to bawl. I'm a sucker for Father and daughter moments. ;__;[/spoiler]

[QUOTE=gaaraluver]In Chobits [spoiler]when Ueda tells Hideki the story of how he married a persocom, and how he cant see her anymore.[/spoiler]
[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I left out that! Ueda and Yumi were my favorite couple in that story... I was so glad that everything worked out for them. [spoiler]And when Ueda said, "In your case, I'd be in love with you even if you were a persocom,"[/spoiler] I just lost control! They had me crying more than anything else in the series... possibly because of personal experience...

[size=1][u]Sad moments[/u]

[quote name='CoLoR_Me_EviL][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Spirited Away also made me cry at the end, [spoiler]when I knew Haki and Chihiro wouldn't be together. I got so teary as she ran towards her parents, trying not to look back. I'm such a sap...[/spoiler][/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

I totally agree here. I cried when I saw that, also being my first Miyazaki film.

[i]Naruto - [/i] [spoiler]When Sasuke 'died' in the match between himself, accompanied by Naruto. and Haku. The music in the background is called Sadness and Sorrow. It's so beautiful and helped made me cry. Another moment was when Zazuba died while looking at an already dead Haku. I LOVED Haku!! Lastly, was the huge fight between Sasuke and Naruto much later in the series - where Sasuke was going to seek out Orochimaru and had the whole Cursed Seal happening. I was like 'Noooooo!!'.[/spoiler]

I had a happy moment to add but I forget now. :animeswea[/size]

Guest demon_addict
[quote name='IrisDemented][COLOR=Purple']Fruits basket makes me cry when I see Kyo in his true form. And Kana and Hatori the thought of them makes me cry. :animecry: Wait that smilie doesn't do it justice... :bawl: [/COLOR][/quote]

Yeah i cried in Fruits Basket too. Mainly in the last Eppie when [spoiler]Torhu is lying at her mothers grave and Uo is trying to comfert her. [/spoiler] :(

And i also cry in Full Metal Alchimist when [spoiler]Nina and Alexander are made into a Camera. And at Hughes funneral; you know, when Alica's asking her mother "What are they doing to daddy?"[/spoiler] :crying: :bawl:

[COLOR=SandyBrown][SIZE=1][B]demon_addict[/B], Please remember when giving off infromation about a series that can be a spoiler to those who haven't gotten that far, try to remember and use spoiler tags. ~Ikillion[/SIZE][/COLOR]