OtakuBoards

Easy and Fun Foods

Sara

[color=#b0000b][size=1]During the summer, I always find myself experimenting with food, and I'm always looking for new, easy snacks to make. Hopefully we can get an exchange of ideas happening here.

If you try the snacks posted here, or have your own to add, please post!
[b]Recipes posted here shouldn't take more than ten minutes to execute.[/b][/size]

[size=2][b]Cucumber Chips[/b]:[/size][size=1]
Possibly we could call these "instant pickles," but that seems like a contradiction in terms.

[b]Why you'd want to make these[/b]: They're like potato chips, only healthy. And by "like potato chips" I mean that they are crunchy and salty. YUM!

[b]You need[/b]:[indent]a cucumber
some salt
some dill (your mom probably has some in her spice rack)
cold water
a dish to put it all in[/indent]
[b]What you do[/b]: Cut up the cucumber (as thinly and evenly as you can). Put the slices in a bowl with some cold water, add salt and dill to taste. Neither salt nor dill is terribly pungent, so unless you dump your entire container into the bowl, you probably don't need to worry about overdoing it. (And if you do put too much in, you can always dilute it with more water.)

[b]Alternative[/b]: Sprinkle salt and/or dill on the individual slices as you eat them.

[b]Comments[/b]: This is really quick and really easy, and I happen to [i]really[/i] like cucumbers, so this is a great snack for me. It's also a good one for people who are unsure in the kitchen--if you put too much salt in, you can just rinse off the cucumbers and start over.[/color][/size]

Technically, this is supposed to take around 20 minutes to make, but it tastes just as good if you leave out a step.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=3]BLT[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Ever ant your own BLT sandwhich but don't feel like driving to Mcdonalds? If your fridge looks anything like mine, you can make one at home!

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Why you'd make this:[/COLOR] It's so awesome, you won't believe it was so easy!

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]You need:[/COLOR]

- Chicken in a can (or fish, whichever you prefer)
- Mayonaisse
- Parmesean cheese
- Bacon (precooked on the lunchmeat isle)
- lettuce
- tomato
- bread

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]What you do[/COLOR]: Take a bowl and pour in the can of chicken. Throw in some mayonaise and sprinkle in some parmesean cheese, then take the bacon, tear it up, and sprinkle it in. Mix it all up. (according to the recipe, your supposed to put it in the fridge for 20 minutes, but it really makes no difference.) Now put some bread in the toaster and when its done, apply the paste and slap on some lettuce and tomatoes.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Comments:[/COLOR] Tastes darn good and you get the satisfaction of knowing you just made your very own BLT!

[COLOR=maroon]Oh wow, that's really quite clever, and surprisingly enough, I DO have dill!

I was wondering, does the easy and fun foods have to be healthy in any sort of way? If not, then sinfully I've got a great mix of of [b]ice cream and pocky "chop" sticks[/b] fits the bill.

Make sure the ice cream is fairly solid, not too solid, but just the right consistency. Also, try to make the flavor of your pocky sticks contrast with that of the ice cream. So if you go for vanilla ice cream, grab chocolate covered pocky sticks, and vice versa.

Anyway, the name of the dish is pretty self-explanatory, but it's surprisingly good.[/COLOR]

Scrambled eggs in the microwave O_o My boyfriend makes it so I'm not too sure how it's done. All you have to do is mix a few eggs, some milk and a spoon of butter in a microwavable measuring jug (or another tall microwavable containing unit... object... thing) then pop it in for a few minutes till it's done!

Invite friends over and make shmores over the hob :3

Perhaps it's best no one takes my culinary advice anyway. I am capable of setting the house alight whilst trying to mix cereal with milk.

[size=1][color=slategray]These aren't really recipes. More like... suggestions. Of food combinations. Some people think I'm gross for even mentioning these, but, oh well. Their loss.

[b][u]Chocolate Chip Dip:[/u][/b]

You need:
Hershey's milk chocolate bars (or chocolate chips, whatever is available)
Potato Chips
Bowl

Okay. This is totally simple. You just unwrap your chocolate, throw it in a bowl, microwave it for about thirty seconds 'til melted, then stir it a bit. Then, dip in desired amount of chips about halfway. Let the chocolate harden. Eat the chips.

Salty and chocolatey. : D

Or, if you are too lazy to do that, just dip the chips in those Handi Snack Pack pudding cup things. Haha.

Also. Try using cottage cheese as a cracker dip.[/color][/size]

[size=1]I have a good one, that I call "Le Boo Royale"

All it takes is two slices of bread and cheese. You put the cheese between the slices of bread and you're done!

Sidenote: Others call this cheese sandwich or something.

[b]Variation tip:[/b] Try grilling it so you get "Le Boo Royale Grille", or the grilled cheese sandwich.
[b]Variation tip 2:[/b] Place a few slices of apple between the slices of bread with the cheese, and then grill it.

Serve with ketchup (preferably, when it's warm).

----

I love making waffles, as I have a waffle iron (the same device has the sandwich thing on it). At one of the local super markets here, you can buy instant waffle mix. You just need to add milk, shake it a bit and pour it in the iron.

[b]Variation tips:[/b] Put cinnamon in the mix.
[b]Serve tips:[/b] Whipped cream, sugar, powder sugar, jam, nutella (or whatever other chocolate stuff), cinnamon.[/size]

[quote name='Bláse][size=1][color=slategray]Salty and chocolatey. : D[/color'][/size][/quote]

You freak D:

We share the same foodly fetish.

Ever tried melting chocolate on salted pretzels? I'm drooling just thinking about it (I'm also gaining weight thinking about it X: ).

[size=1][b]Cream of Ramen Soup[/b]
Not only is this dish extremely tasty, but it's the pinnacle of camping delights.
[list]Ingredients:[/list]
?*One can of cream of mushroom soup.
? One package of your favorite ramen soup with seasonings.

[list]Directions:[/list]
? Cook the ramen until it's ready to be eaten. Then dump the can of mushroom soup into it. Cook for another minute or two and enjoy.
? Add the flavor packet (seasoning) if you want, but I prefer the taste of it without.[/size]

I'm a fan of English Muffin Pizzas, myself. (I've kind of been...living off of them in the past week, actually. >.>)

[B]Ingredients[/B]:
English muffin(s)
Marinara sauce (red sauce :p)
Shredded cheese
Other toppings

Firstly, you separate the English Muffin into halves, then dole out enough sauce to cover the top of each half. This point, before applying the cheese, is a good time to add such things as hot sauce or other flavoring that you'd like cooked right into the pizza. Okay, so. Then you apply the cheese, and whatever other topping(s) you'd like.

Oven times will vary, but 350-380 degrees for about 7-10 minutes has worked well for me. Basically, you want to wait until the cheese is melted together, but depending on when you take it out will determine how soft or crispy the muffin part is.

Enjoy. =D

(Oh, incidentally, this can also be made with a Toaster Oven; you don't necessarily need a regular oven)

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana][B]Microwave Rice[/B]

Get out your box of rice and follow the microwave directions. Add whatever to it.
I personally like a teeny bit of butter and soy sauce with those...crunchy things on the side.

[B]Sheepy's Trail Mix[/B]

You will need:
[B]white chocolate chips[/B]
[B]mini marshmallows (the colored ones are cuter)[/B]
[B]Rice Chex cereal[/B]
[B]raisins[/B]
[B]pretzels (any form is good)[/B]

Pretty much all you do it dump everything into a bowl and stir it around. Pick around the raisins, because they are just there to make it healthy.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Boo][size=1]I have a good one, that I call "Le Boo Royale"...
Sidenote: Others call this cheese sandwich or something. [/size][/QUOTE]

Damnits! You stole my idea! >_<

My suggestion is little more simple than most others and it's utterly beautiful when put in your mouth.

Pringle Sandwich! ^_^

Ingredients:
Bread
Pringles (Any flavour you so choose, but I highly recommend Sour Cream and Onion *drools*)

Easy enough, butter your bread with whatever spread does it for you, fold the bread and then place four Pringles in the folded bread and eat at your leisure!

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I?m sure others have already tried this recipe. It?s just called Chili Mac.

Basically you fix a package of macaroni and cheese, most brands take about 8-10 minutes to make even if you cook it the longer way on the stove with boiling water.

Then take a can of your favorite type of chili and beans, I like the hot and spicy type.

Mix it together and you have Chili Mac. Usually the heat from the macaroni and cheese is enough to warm the chili so you don?t have to preheat it, unless you like your food to be piping hot instead of just warm to hot. Even if you do decide to heat it, you can do that at the same time you are cooking the macaroni and cheese so it still takes about ten minutes.

If you haven?t tried it, it?s really good. Far better than just plain macaroni and cheese. [/COLOR]

Okay, so I'm a huge fan of experimentation (and I mean that in every sense of the word) and I decided to try all of the recipe I had the ingrediants for.

Cream of Ramen Soup: Being as how I don't like mushrooms, I decided to try this with Cream of Chicken. I gotta say, it wasn't half bad. The main thing I had a problem with was the pastiness of it, as one of the reasons I like ramen is because I don't like pasty soup, but that's just a personal opinion. It still tasted great. As a personal reccommendation, you should probably empty a little of the water befor putting in the Cream of Chicken.

Chocolate Chip Dip: Firstly, let me just say, I am not a big fan of chocolate, so I wasn''t really too big on this one, but as I said before, I love to experiment. So... I took a little mini-bowl and, because I have no chocolate bars, I just poured in some chocolate syrup. I then took 4 chicks and kinda dipped them in there. Before trying it, though, I decided to see what the chips tated like alone, and found them to be THE most disgusting chips ever XD. so I poured on a lot more chocolate and put it in the fridge in hopes it would harden. Anyway, about ten minutes later, I ate them and I gotta say, they were way better than the individual. Unfortuanetally, the aftertaste was destructive ^^;;

Le Boo Royale: Being as how I was full from eating ramen and drinking 3 cups of water to try and wash down the chocolate chip dip, I was happy it was so simplistic ^^;;

[COLOR=#656446][SIZE=1][QUOTE=Andrew]My suggestion is little more simple than most others and it's utterly beautiful when put in your mouth.

Pringle Sandwich! ^_^

Ingredients:
Bread
Pringles (Any flavour you so choose, but I highly recommend Sour Cream and Onion *drools*)

Easy enough, butter your bread with whatever spread does it for you, fold the bread and then place four Pringles in the folded bread and eat at your leisure![/QUOTE]I like using the spicy Pringles variant myself. And ah, I assume that's how you make them Pringles stick: butter!

+=+=+=+=+

Because I firmly believe that improvisation is the easiest form of culinary art, my contribution to this thread will be [b]Mystery Fried Rice[/b]:

[b][SIZE=2]Mystery Fried Rice[/SIZE][/b] = Wok + cooked rice + oil + [color=red]X[/color] + [color=red]Y[/color] + tomato + egg + oyster sauce

where [color=red]X[/color] is any meat dish we had the night before and [color=red]Y[/color], randomly selected flavors from the spice rack. Easy as hell and if you put it in a nice bowl, it looks almost good enough to share. Believe me, this beats Rachel Ray's meals by a mile and 20 minutes. And yes, because of the nasty things I put in, I consider it as junkfood, ergo snack.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I don't really know if this sort of snack has a name? I just call it what it is basically made of.

[COLOR=Red][I]Pepinos o Manzana con Chile[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Green]Cucumbers/Apples with Hotsauce[/COLOR]. hahaha Very easy to make. More for people if you like spicy snacks. ^_^ I sure do.

[U]Need:[/U]
~Cucumber or apples (whichever you prefer)
~Lime (I always get the two mixed up. It's the green one. haha)
~Salt
~Knife
~Hot sauce (I use mexican hot sauce [Valentina or Tamazula] can find it at any food store
~Peeler
~Plate to put on

[U]Steps:[/U]
1. Wash the cucumber or apple
2. Peel the cucumber or apple (or not your choice)
3. Cut the cucumber/apple which ever way you like it. Like chips or strips.
4. Cut the lemon and squeeze one half onto the cucumbers/apples.
5. Pour a little bit of salt onto them (decide if you want it way salty or just a little)
6. Pour either a lot or a little hot sauce onto the cucumbers/apples
7. Squeeze the other half of the lime onto them.
8. Mix it up evenly and you're set! ^_^

[QUOTE=Shi no Tenshi]Scrambled eggs in the microwave O_o My boyfriend makes it so I'm not too sure how it's done. All you have to do is mix a few eggs, some milk and a spoon of butter in a microwavable measuring jug (or another tall microwavable containing unit... object... thing) then pop it in for a few minutes till it's done!

Invite friends over and make shmores over the hob :3

Perhaps it's best no one takes my culinary advice anyway. I am capable of setting the house alight whilst trying to mix cereal with milk.[/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Dude! That is totally the best hangover cure ever. That, bacon and orange juice was what my mate made us all on Saturday morning.

Anyway, I'm quite partial to a chip sandwich, but that's been said. Dang. I have been known to make [i]muffinbar milkshakes[/i] though. Mum thinks it's disgusting, but what does she know. It's basically a chocolate chip muffinbar, three icecubes, milk, icecream and a tablespoon of chocolate powder, then you blend it till the muffinbar is relatively smooth. It has a weird texture [i]going down[/i], but it tastes like heaven. It's not quite chocolate milk, and not quite muffin - but a glorious and happy medium.[/font][/color][/size]

Guest Battousai9002
I discovered this about a month ago when I got all the metal put in my mouth (braces, expander, herbst appliance. Yeah, my mouth is more metal than flesh :animesmil ). Since I couldn't chew and I could barely swallow for like a week, I decided to take two of my favorite soft foods and mix 'em. This will probably sound REALLY nasty, but I live for ramen and pudding mixed together. You just cook the ramen (I didn't use seasoning for this), and since I like warm foods, heat up one of those chocolate pudding cups. Only heat it just enough to get it a little warm, though, otherwise it ends up exploding in your microwave... you can imagine my mom's face when I explained to her I was heating chocolate pudding to put in my ramem ^_^ ANYWAYS!!! Just put it in a bowl, mix it up, and voila! Something I find completely delicious. Of course, you probably won't ^_^

[INDENT][SIZE=4] [INDENT][B][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]Cheesy Mac[/INDENT][/INDENT][/B][/INDENT][/SIZE][/INDENT][/INDENT]
Seeing as the regular Easy Mac tastes quite like the stove top version (dull), I decided to spice it up a bit.
[INDENT][B][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][U]What You Will Need[/U][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/B]
Package of Easy Mac
Cheese (I prefer sliced of American, but any cheese wil do)
Milk
[INDENT][B][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][U] Instructions[/U][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/B][/INDENT]
Prepare the Easy Mac according to the label. As soon as you mix in the cheese sauce mix, break up a slice of cheese (or simply add shredded cheese) and turn the macaroni until the cheese is completely covered. Let sit for 3-5 minutes (varies). Mix up the now melted cheese and the macaroni. Add milk (about 2 seconds at half pour should do nicely). Stir and Enjoy!

Voila! You have created true Macaroni and Cheese!

[quote name='Tical Blue']Cream of Ramen Soup: Being as how I don't like mushrooms, I decided to try this with Cream of Chicken. I gotta say, it wasn't half bad. The main thing I had a problem with was the pastiness of it, as one of the reasons I like ramen is because I don't like pasty soup, but that's just a personal opinion. It still tasted great. As a personal reccommendation, you should probably empty a little of the water befor putting in the Cream of Chicken.[/quote]

[size=1]But see, when you're camping a little bit has to go a long way.
So it's perfect.[/size]