OtakuBoards

"Protecting" Posts?

Momiji Love

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]There is that option to see all of a person's past posts.

I was wondering if there was a possibility of making some (or all) of your past posts private, like something you don't want others to read.

I know that sounds stupid,because thats the point of posting it...but yeah.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Momiji Love][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]
I was wondering if there was a possibility of making some (or all) of your past posts private, like something you don't want others to read.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Ashamed of your past, eh? ;P Don't worry, most of us have posted something utterly embarrasing in the past, and it is [I]those[/I] posts that have taught us what is good quality and what is not.

The only way you can prevent others from viewing your old posts is to delete them - but why bother?

[color=#b0000b][size=1]Yeah, you can find some great dirt on anyone who's been here more than a couple years. But aside from the humor in finding the early posts by respected members, no one really cares.

Unless you have a specific reason for wanting to delete your old posts, you might as well just let them lie.[/size][/color]

[size=1]Perhaps there could be an option to delete all of your post up until a date, for the party-poopers between us.

Though, I wouldn't like it. *loves to look at people's old posts every now and then*[/size]

[color=#4B0082]I have to ask. . . . If you didn't want just anyone to be able to see your posts here, why would you post them in the first place? This is a public message board, where anyone can read posts whether they have an account or not, so that just doesn't make any sense to me. If you want to keep a conversation private that's what PMs are for.

As mentioned, though, you can always go back and delete your own posts if you really want to. But I don't think we'll ever make an option to let members mass delete their posts. Every time someone deletes one of their old posts, they're removing a little bit of the site's history, after all.[/color]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Personally I'm in agreement with the majority of people here, if you're not happy with your old work, delete it, plain and simple. Like most Oldies from V3, I'll be chalking up by fifth year come September which means over the course of the last half decade I've posted a lot of stuff I don't relish looking back on. However regardless of whether or not I'm happy with those posts, they are my posts and I'm not going to go getting in a bunch because people can see I was a newbie just like everyone else back in the day.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]Yeah, you can find some great dirt on anyone who's been here more than a couple years. But aside from the humor in finding the early posts by respected members, no one really cares.[/size'][/color][/quote]

[SIZE=1]This is true, my good friend Bill, the current Moderator of the Underground takes great pleasure in digging up my old work to annoy me.[/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1][I]NUH-UH NEVA SED SO IN DA ROOLZ ABOUT IT SO NYAH![/I'][/SIZE][/quote]

actually I lost my passward. So I used to be the annoying GUNmanZERO7. I've even posted that before. Didn't get in trouble. The lost password did not help at all!!!

[color=#4B0082]Just to let people know, if you lose your password and the Lost Password thing doesn't work for whatever reason, you can e-mail me and I can reset your password for you. (My address can be found on my myOtaku page.) Or, if you've created a second account, you can PM me with the old username and I can merge the two together so all of your posts will be under the same name.[/color]

[QUOTE=Momiji Love][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]There is that option to see all of a person's past posts.

I know that sounds stupid,because thats the point of posting it...but yeah.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

The original post is sort of old to respond to, but it has to be said: you've been a member for over a year and only have 131 posts. I doubt that may people care enough about you to search through your posts. Anyways, it's not like you have a lot of posts to go back through and edit/delete, so no worries--OR IS THAT BECAUSE THE DEED HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE? Dun dun dun. I probably would like this option for myself though.