OtakuBoards

Otaku Idol 2: Who Wants To Be An Event Master? [Member Feedback & Interviews]

Shy

[quote name='Charles'] I would say that your abrasive attitude towards others when you constantly fly off the handle is more offensive than any of my images--and more frequent to boot.[/quote]

That, Charles, is a stinking lie. This thread is the [I]only[/I] one in a whole year that has made my blood boil, and for a very good reason I'd say.

[quote name='Charles']Maybe all this "crap" is being thrown your direction constantly because maybe, just maybe you bring it upon yourself. You claim to wonder why I'm allowed to post images without being corrected, so in all fairness I wonder why you're constantly allowed to flame others with your ****** attitude without being corrected.[/quote]

Who am I flaming? Who am I calling names? Who am I mean to?

Seriously, I'm a straightforward and honest person, not very tactful or humble, and if you or anybody else don't like it, then that's your problem, not mine. I'm sick and tired of having to make excuses for my personality to a bunch of anonymous, faceless people on the internet.

I am who I am, and you just have to deal with it. But please don't make false accusations that I am nothing but a flamer, which you know isn't true.

[quote name='Charles']The only difference is that White didn't sound like a complete dick, while you did.[/quote]

A completed dick? Because I [I]dared[/I] to single you out, instead of some less active moderator? My point may have not been as valid as White's, but I couldn't think of anybody else in the staff that wouldn't earn my [I]full[/I] respect (and I did say you did your job as good as every else).

I wasn't aware that we moderators were some sort of secret community or political party where you can't disagree with one another, or have to hold up a facade to show "how unified we are".

[quote name='Charles']You, on the other hand treat people like crap while not being funny at all. Try to be introspective here, pal.[/quote]

Again, how am I treating people? I have been on a defensive stance for the duration of this whole thread, so I've only been crappy to those who've been crappy towards me. And not nearly even in the worst possible way I could've be. To be "funny" is the last thing I've been trying to do.

I have [I]tried[/I] to remain calm and collected, but with all this baseless "ooh, Sandy is an explosive dickhead, he's no good for this place, the whole forum would come crashing down if he were to win" -mentality going on, who wouldn't be irritated?

[B]To Rachamanihoff and Tekkaman and, well, everybody else:[/B]

In my opinion my actions speak better that my words, so if you want to evaluate how good I am as an Event Master, please concentrate more on the two events I've hosted.

[center][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/kisu.jpg[/IMG][/center]

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][quote name='Sandy']In my opinion my actions speak better that my words, so if you want to evaluate how good I am as an Event Master, please concentrate more on the two events I've hosted.[/quote]
Yeah, your actions speak pretty loudly alright. They're not saying good things.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Sandy]That, Charles, is a stinking lie. This thread is the [I]only[/I] one in a whole year that has made my blood boil, and for a very good reason I'd say.

Who am I flaming? Who am I calling names? Who am I mean to?[/quote]

Sandy, what forum are you browsing? No matter if you had one outburst or several, the fact of the matter remains: your outbursts, even in this very thread, were completely uncalled for, just as your tone here is completely uncalled for. There was absolutely no "very good reason" for you to throw this hissy fit in this thread. Your doing so made a mockery of Shy's position, and I think you are the one who desperately needs to apologize to Shy and the memberbase at large.

Not only are you implying that I am a liar, when you can see by my lengthy history at this site that I am as honest and as polite as possible most of the time, but you are outright denying an indisputable fact that we all have witnessed. I do not know what you define as "a very good reason" but earlier within this thread when people were providing you with feedback for your event, you blatantly flamed them. Here's another thread where exhibit a nasty attitude:

[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=54615[/url]

Here is another recent example where you flew off the handle:

[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=55620&page=2&pp=15[/url]

Or how about when you called Americans arrogant for things that happened decades ago and then got upset when people refuted your posts:

[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=55509&page=4&pp=15[/url]

How about when you got nasty with me over my opinion in the death penalty thread:

[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=55283&page=5&pp=15[/url]

This one is over a year old, but who could forget such a beauty (since your attitude earlier in this thread mirrored the behavior in this link perfectly:

[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49490[/url]

It is not just me saying this, Sandy.

This is something the entire memberbase has seen. You have consistently exploded at the slightest provocation, and Otaku Idol 2 is concrete proof of your almost willingness to "play the victim." I find it laughable that you have the gall to sit here and accuse me of lying about this when I certainly have no reason to fabricate anything. Because the proof is in the pudding, to borrow a lousy phrase. My good buddy Papa Smurf, has been banned for far less than the crap you routinely throw around--and you're a staff member.

I question why you're in a contest which requires a good relationship with the community and I question why you're still a moderator at all when you treat people the way you do.

[quote]Seriously, I'm a straightforward and honest person, not very tactful or humble, and if you or anybody else don't like it, then that's your problem, not mine. I'm sick and tired of having to make excuses for my personality to a bunch of anonymous, faceless people on the internet.

I am who I am, and you just have to deal with it. But please don't make false accusations that I am nothing but a flamer, which you know isn't true.[/quote]

Straightforward and honest! Ha! You're nothing of the sort. You have no idea how to express yourself properly; your attempts at doing so often result in insulting and condescending tangents. It is possible to be honest and respectful at the same time. Again, look at White's reply to the question: in no way did White outright disrespect r2vq on a personal level. You, on the other hand single me out in a degrading way. Whether or not that was your intention, I don't know. The fact of the matter here is that in the context of this competition, your inability to relate to the memberbase in a respectful, friendly way is not my problem--it's [i]your[/i] problem.

Earlier in this thread you flamed people because they criticized [i]your[/i] event. Look at these posts:

[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=756327&postcount=25[/url]

[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=756415&postcount=47[/url]

[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=756470&postcount=57[/url]

I could have isolated more of your posts, but these should suffice as a clear example of your pretentious attitude and tendency to overreact. All the while, you kept dismissing criticism and flaming others, while insisting that Labyrinth is [i]your[/i] event when in fact, you're not supposed to make events for you--they're for the [i]community.[/i]

[quote]A completed dick? Because I [I]dared[/I] to single you out, instead of some less active moderator? My point may have not been as valid as White's, but I couldn't think of anybody else in the staff that wouldn't earn my [I]full[/I] respect (and I did say you did your job as good as every else).[/quote]

Well, I can't say that I care for your full respect anymore. I'm starting to think that you're trying to make a name for yourself by singling me out here just by your language (i.e.,"daring" to single me out). If you had said that you thought I did a good job but disliked my use of image replies I would have been fine with that. But, to publicly say that you don't respect me as much as other staff members? Ha.

Earlier in this thread you said that an event couldn't be made in the timespan you were given that involved everyone. Otakupedia sure proved you wrong. Hey, Otakuties looks like it's involving everyone. Perhaps you should learn from me instead of being a complete tool and picking on me for trivial things like image replies that I barely use.

[quote]I wasn't aware that we moderators were some sort of secret community or political party where you can't disagree with one another, or have to hold up a facade to show "how unified we are".[/quote]

We're supposed to be a team. You're free to disagree with me, but the way you're putting me down, a colleague, in front of everyone is just completely disrespectful and contradicts the team mentality that good staff members have. We're supposed to be a cohesive unit but here you are just insulting (not critiquing me) me for the boards to see. Instead of focusing on my image replies, maybe you should look at how poor of a teammate you are being and improve on that. And again, that's [i]your[/i] problem.

[quote]Again, how am I treating people? I have been on a defensive stance for the duration of this whole thread, so I've only been crappy to those who've been crappy towards me. And not nearly even in the worst possible way I could've be. To be "funny" is the last thing I've been trying to do.

I have [I]tried[/I] to remain calm and collected, but with all this baseless "ooh, Sandy is an explosive dickhead, he's no good for this place, the whole forum would come crashing down if he were to win" -mentality going on, who wouldn't be irritated?[/quote]

I think I've made my case clear. You're delusional and I don't know what kind of Finnish drugs you're smoking, but you're not on the defensive. You're the one who treats people badly, gets called on it, and then pretends to be a victim. You've done this before to me via pm and I've forgiven you because you suggested that there's a language barrier at the root of this problem, but I'm starting to think that it's an attitude problem on your side.

Before I was impartial but now I have to say it--for the sake of this site, I hope that if there's a winner here, it's White. Especially if category moderator powers are to be distributed.

[size=1]It appears that both Mafia and Labyrinth have been completed ahead of schedule. Congratulations to both Sandy and White for taking charge of these successful Events, and to the members who participated in them. Expect a final interview to be posted on Thursday, as well as one final twist.

Now more than ever feedback from the community matters in making this final decision. Please don't be shy in posting your own opinions and commentary.

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE=Sandy][B]To Rachamanihoff and Tekkaman and, well, everybody else:[/B]

In my opinion my actions speak better that my words, so if you want to evaluate how good I am as an Event Master, please concentrate more on the two events I've hosted.[/QUOTE]That?s just it Sandy, this is a message board and a huge percent of what I see is words, and many of them show someone who can?t handle criticism very well. I don?t doubt that you are good at following up on things which is why I said you were well organized, but beyond that it really looks to me that criticism that is given to you that isn?t worded politely is ignored in favor of being upset that the person giving it was rude. And some of the examples from the beginning of this thread didn?t even seem all that rude to me either. So it left me wondering as to why you even got upset.

I feel like even my input, which I tried to word politely, was ignored as well.

In my opinion, actions and words should go hand in hand, especially on a message board, as it?s an environment where words are essential to everything going on. It?s not like other aspects of life where you don?t have to say anything and can simply do what needs to be done.

I?ve no doubt that you?ve done a good job and that your actions speak well for you, but in the here and now of responding to criticism, most of which I felt was pretty open and nicely presented, you?ve pretty much lost any respect I might have had for you. Because it really sounds like you?re just throwing a temper tantrum instead of learning from what the others have to say.

[QUOTE=Sandy] To Rachamanihoff and Tekkaman and, well, everybody else:

In my opinion my actions speak better that my words, so if you want to evaluate how good I am as an Event Master, please concentrate more on the two events I've hosted.[/QUOTE][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Well now... your actions, in fact, do speak louder than words. They really do.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Sandy, by now you've seen that i'm a friendly person on the boards and I try not to get in any flame wars with anyone. Now... while Charles was giving out information about your previous 'flame-outs', I read the information with an unbiased eye. All I have to say to you that will definitely help you out in the future is this:[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]"Solely defending yourself despite what others may think isn't the best course of action; try and take others criticism as if they were right instead of sticking to your guns."[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]If you don't, you'll definitely lose in the end - trust me.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Charles'] My good buddy Papa Smurf, has been banned for far less...[/quote][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Boo was a friggin' icon here on the Boards, man; his name deserves to be remembered in the Nifty Fifty 2007.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Tekkaman][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Boo was a friggin' icon here on the Boards, man; his name deserves to be remembered in the Nifty Fifty 2007.[/color][/size'][/font][/quote][size=1]How my name gets connected with Papa Smurf's seems rather odd, but I can't disagree with that line.[/size]

[QUOTE=Boo]
Originally Posted by [b]Tekkaman[/b]

[i][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Boo was a friggin' icon here on the Boards, man; his name deserves to be remembered in the Nifty Fifty 2007.[/color][/size][/font][/i]

[size=1]How my name gets connected with Papa Smurf's seems rather odd, but I can't disagree with that line.[/size][/QUOTE] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Whoops. Well, I meant Papa Smurf, but I guess I had you on my mind all night. The cat's outta the bag now.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]*Flutters eyes at Boo*[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]XD Lol, you deserve to be remembered as well, seriously.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Shy][size=1']Expect a final interview to be posted on Thursday, as well as one final twist.[/size][/quote] Shy, homie, pour yourself some lemonade and just relax a bit. We know you like these twists and all, but... perhaps it'd be best for you to just take it easy for a little while. Would you like to talk to someone about this? *puts a concerned hand on your shoulder*

[center][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/mafiaspoof.png[/IMG][/center]

All I can do now is apologize for my past mistakes and beg forgiveness from anybody whose feelings I have hurt. I have been very abrasive in this thread, and in other threads as well, without really taking other people's feelings into consideration, and for that I am sorry.

However, I do believe I have some redeeming qualities, thus despite the fact I was very close to resigning from this competition yesterday, I have decided to see this through. May the best candidate win, White! ;D

[size=1]As I?ve stated before, congratulations to both of you for making it this far in the competition. Your devotion to the site, and to Community Events has been proven time and again by your participation in Otaku Idol 2. The community is very thankful to both of you for creating and running such enjoyable events, despite the obvious obstacles. We have one final interview to go, and some final twists. Let?s see if we can?t have some fun with this, shall we?

[b]Interview Five: The Final Interview[/b]

[b]1:[/b] How do you feel about your own performance throughout Otaku Idol 2? How has it changed, for better or worse, over the past two months?

[b]2:[/b] What have you learned about the OtakuBoards community during your time in the competition? What have you learned about being an Event Master?

[b]3:[/b] If you could go back in time using some sort of fantastical internet time machine, what is the single thing you would have done differently during your time as Event Master?

[b]4:[/b] What is the most positive thing you can take from your experience as Event Master?

[b]5:[/b] Looking over both completed events, which do you feel was the best? Of previous Community Events, which do you feel was the best and why?

[b]6:[/b] If you were given the power to decide the outcome of Otaku Idol 2, what would it be and why?

[b]Assignment One:[/b]

Write an open letter to the community, explaining why your competition would be a better Event Master than you would. Please highlight their personal and professional strengths in detail, while also describing how great their event (and ultimate handling of your event) was. Please spare no details in explaining your own shortcomings as an Event Master and staff member to the community. Your tone and candor are most important here.

[b]Assignment Two:[/b]

Using what you?ve learned from Mafia and Labyrinth, pitch another event to the community.

That's all. Thank you again for your time. The final outcome will be decided once this last round of interviews/assignments is finished.

-Shy[/size]

Alright, this new bunch of questions and assignments seem very interesting indeed. I just have to focus on my wording now more than ever...

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]
Using what you?ve learned from Mafia and Labyrinth, pitch another event to the community.[/size][/QUOTE]

This is actually something I was expecting, although I do have a question about it: [B]do the limitations about the lenght and amount of threads etc. that we had in the beginning of this competition apply to this as well or not?[/B] I'm guessing they won't, but gotta make sure...

[quote name='Sandy]This is actually something I was expecting, although I do have a question about it: [B]do the limitations about the lenght and amount of threads etc. that we had in the beginning of this competition apply to this as well or not?[/B'] I'm guessing they won't, but gotta make sure...[/quote]
[size=1]Nope. You are only limited by your own imagination, kiddo.

-Shy[/size]

If you don't mind, I'm going to post the open letter first, followed by the interview and then my pitch for a new event. That way I can create a nice little arch from why [I]not[/I] to choose me to why [I]really[/I] choose me. ;D

[center] ---------- [u]Assignment One[/u] ---------- [/center]

[indent][size=1]Hello, fellow OBers!

During these two months in Otaku Idol 2 it has become obvious that I lack both patience and humility that are required from an Event Master. My rival contestant White has demonstrated both of these qualities throughout the course of this competition, and he has treated everybody with nothing but kindness and respect they deserve, whereas I have been overly sensitive and needlessly abrasive in my responses.

The event that White started, Mafia, clearly outshines my Labyrinth in terms of innovation and intrigue. He successfully implanted a well known real-life social game into online message board environment, taking into consideration on how to keep the special identities given to some players a secret as well as how to keep the structure organized and clear to all players. It was quite easy for me to jump to host the game when the time came for a switch.

Although it bothered me to see another person taking responsibility for the event that I created, I was actually never afraid that White would mess up anything. He really tried his best to attract the somewhat alienated players of Labyrinth back to the game by implementing an unexpected twist to it as well as keeping contact to the players via private messages. White handled Labyrinth his way, which was quite different from mine, but I can?t say he did it any worse than I would have.

It should especially be noted that all the suggestions that White got, he treated with respect and really took it into himself to improve his event according to them, whereas I was overly confident about the superiority of my game and neglected a lot of feedback that I could?ve learned from.

Outside of the context of Otaku Idol 2, White is known as a friendly and trustworthy member and moderator of OtakuBoards who is dedicated to the wellbeing of these boards, and choosing him as an Event Master over me would be a secure choice.

- Sandy[/size][/indent]

[center] ---------- [u]Interview[/u] ---------- [/center]

[b]1. How do you feel about your own performance throughout Otaku Idol 2? How has it changed, for better or worse, over the past two months?[/b]

I started this competition full speed, full of excitement and will to win. My experimental event, Labyrinth, started out well enough, but frankly speaking I wasn?t prepared for the feedback I received. I had so much faith in Labyrinth that I couldn?t see its flaws, so I came up with an excuse after another to prove that I was a worthy candidate to this competition and that my event would indeed be a successful one. Things eventually settled down, and I was still confident of my talents. The switch to host White?s event didn?t bother me much, I was eager to prove that I could handle that challenge as well.

What I failed to see until just recently that very few people ever doubted my skills at organizing events and maintaining them ? I had already shown them in my Survivor RPGs. What actually bothered people was my constant defending pose and disability to take other people?s opinions as well as feelings into consideration. Like so many times in my life, things had to hit rock bottom until I finally realized the faulty of my way of thinking.

In all honesty, I let my temper and pride get the best of me during this competition, but now that I can finally see them as something I [i]really[/i] can hold back, I feel a whole lot more worthy for the title of Event Master than two months ago. My confidence about my own skills has changed into a respect of the responsibilities that the title of Event Master holds. I have come to realize that if I want to reach for a position as high as Event Master, I have to admit my own flaws so I can really start working on them.

[b]2. What have you learned about the OtakuBoards community during your time in the competition? What have you learned about being an Event Master?[/b]

I have learned that the people in OB are demanding, yet they are very open to new things as well. There are obvious cliques and tight friendships, and each member of the community holds certain kind of reputation that is quite hard to change. I wasn?t fully aware of my own (rather negative) reputation until now, but I really hope that as people have now seen both the best and the worst of me, I can be respected as who I am, with all my strengths and weaknesses, and not be judged by what I have said or done in the past.

I have also realized that being an Event Master is so much more than I initially thought. The qualification for the position is not all about organizational skills, great ideas or persistence like I have said in the previous interviews, but about being able to cater to the needs of the community as a whole and to be able to act as a role model. Events are meant for entertainment, but their true effect lies much deeper than just in having fun, and an Event Master has to make sure that his (or her) actions serve to that effect.

[b]3. If you could go back in time using some sort of fantastical internet time machine, what is the single thing you would have done differently during your time as Event Master?[/b]

I definitely wouldn?t have taken many things that were said so personally or tried to prove my opinions as the right ones so fiercely. I would?ve taken time to really think what made people say what they did. As a result of that, I probably would have posted lot less frequently and less people would?ve gotten frustrated with me.

As for the event I started, sure it could have been very different, but I feel it?s important that I got to test my wings (so to speak) with it and with White?s event as well. So despite the fact that it didn?t really cater to the community?s needs, I know now better what does thanks to the feedback I received.

[b]4. What is the most positive thing you can take from your experience as Event Master?[/b]

The most positive thing is that I have really grown as a person during these two months. I have learned so much, gotten many new friends and genuinely enjoyed entertaining people. But that?s listing many things, so sorry about that, heh.

[b]5. Looking over both completed events, which do you feel was the best? Of previous Community Events, which do you feel was the best and why?[/b]

As much as I would like to defend the event I started, I feel Mafia was more groundbreaking and more exciting, even if it wasn?t very inclusive to a wider audience. It could however easily be extended to include many more players, now that it has been tested to be working in online environment.

Out of previous Community Events, I would have to say that Nifty Fifty is the best in my opinion. The fact that it can reward any member, thread or phenomenon in OtakuBoards just as long as it?s ?nifty? ? a suitably vague condition ? makes it very appealing and entertaining, as opposed to the late Otaku Awards that I felt was all about popularity and competition. Going through its third time around currently, Nifty Fifty has also shown to have become a prominent part of OB?s annual cycle.

[b]6. If you were given the power to decide the outcome of Otaku Idol 2, what would it be and why?[/b]

Despite the danger of sounding egoistical, I would want myself to win. What this whole process has shown [i]to me[/i] (and this is only a subjective opinion, that could very well be untrue in somebody else?s mind) about the differences of me and my good rival White is that I want to become an Event Master with more passion than he does. I took the risk of making a complete fool of myself (which I obviously did) to try and prove my worth, even though in the end I realized I wouldn?t have had to. Just a few days ago I was extremely close to giving up, but then I figured this would probably be my only chance to redeem myself by making a public apology of my jackassery. Thus I was finally able to prove [i]to myself[/i] that I was worth winning this contest, because out of all the people in OB, it was actually me who doubted myself the most.

Now with (almost) everything said and done for this contest, all I can hope for is that my hard work will be rewarded and I get to make one of my dreams come true: to bring the members of this community closer to each other by hosting events.

[center] ---------- [u]Assignment Two[/u] ---------- [/center]

In the past, the members of OtakuBoards have tried to survive in a zany Freakshow, in the many worlds of the famed Final Fantasy ?series, and in the Ultimate Videogame Contest. Now it has come time to announce the fourth game of survival, which will be the greatest of them all. This is?

[center][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/4-logo.png[/IMG]

[i]Four Teams

One Message Board

One Survivor[/i][/center]

In [b]OtakuBoards Survivor 4[/b], four teams of players will face the challenges that OtakuBoards, one of the largest and best message boards on the whole internet, has to offer. Unlike the previous OB Survivor, the players won?t take any roles, but they will play as themselves in real time, writing in first person like they would do in any other thread outside the Arena.

I, Sandy, will [b]host[/b] the event and choose the players out of hopefully dozens of willing candidates. I will assemble the four teams and pit them against various [b]challenges[/b] inspired by the different forums of OtakuBoards. In order to survive these challenges, the players must show their talents in team work as well as in individual performances. These challenges test the teams? abilities in imagination, creativity, logic, writing, graphics, roleplaying, puzzle-solving, cunning and general knowledge. [i]However[/i], there are no requirements to what skills a single player must possess when entering the contest, except the ability to give all one?s got for the good of their team, and in the end for their own survival. This game is open to all members of the community, from newcomers to administrators.

What makes this contest about surviving is that after every challenge, the losing team(s) will have to vote out one of their own on [b]Team Councils[/b], but there are many twists and turns along the way, as already evicted players may make comebacks and new players might show up in the middle of everything. You can never know what to expect next in this contest.

Making return to OB Survivors are the [b]Team Captains[/b]. Each team will choose a leader for themselves, one who holds responsibility of the effectiveness of their team, and in the case of tie in voting, his or her vote will be the decisive one. Team Captain can be put on trial whenever one of the team members feels it?s time for a change.

OtakuBoards Survivor 4 takes place in a whopping amount of [b]seven different threads[/b]. One is the [b]Main Thread[/b], where most of the major challenges occur. This is also the place for the Team Councils.

Before the contest starts, there will of course be the [b]Audition Thread[/b], in which all members of OtakuBoards wishing to participate into this can answer to an interview with various questions. The most notable thing about it is that it will remain open even after I have chosen the initial four teams, because as said, anything can happen and one might find themselves participating to this event even if they weren?t on the original roster of players.

Then there are the four [b]Team Threads[/b], one for each, and these are private areas that no-one else besides the team members and I can write into them. These threads will hold planning for the challenges, personal interviews as well as any idle chatter that the team wishes to share with each other.

The seventh thread is the [b]Community Thread[/b], and it is open for everybody. Here people can post any feedback, questions or comments they have about the event. There will also be polls about various things here, making sure that all the people of OtakuBoards get a chance to affect the flow of the event.

Of course, winning the title of ?Survivor of OtakuBoards? wouldn?t feel that great if there wasn?t a [b]reward[/b] included. The winner will get the chance to plan and co-host a future event of their choosing together with me. Now isn?t that something worth surviving for? Of course, nobody?s [i]forced[/i] to use this reward if they don?t want to.

All this will take place next in the Community Events if I?m to become the Event Master, and if that doesn?t happen for a reason or another, expect a slightly toned down version of OtakuBoards Survivor 4 to appear on the Adventure Square.

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=black]Otaku Boards Survivior?[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=black]Seriously?[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=black]*Man-like Girlish squeal*[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]I'm a little baffled. Sandy, I [i]know[/i] you could come up with something more original than OtakuBoards Survivor [i]four[/i].[/color'][/size][/quote]

Well, actually it isn't so much "four" as it is four vertical pillars of different colors symbolizing the four teams as well as the rainbow-like diversity of this community. I just don't know how to shorten that... ;P

Besides, sometimes short is sweet.

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=black]Hey, let's keep in mind as well that certain people that are new to the boards...[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=black][b]*Tekka wakes up BK in light of the future RP of Sandy's*[/b][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=black]As I was saying - those who are new to the boards problably wanted to get into this RP and never got the chance to. I, personally, want this RP to take flight.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Tekkaman][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=black]As I was saying - those who are new to the boards problably wanted to get into this RP and never got the chance to. I, personally, want this RP to take flight.[/color][/size'][/font][/quote]

Don't worry, it will, despite the outcome of Otaku Idol 2. ;D

Just don't call it an RP, because the word seems to be a red cloth to some people. ;P There's not even any roles to "play" with, because the contestants will participate as themselves this time.

[QUOTE=Sandy]Don't worry, it will, despite the outcome of Otaku Idol 2. ;D

Just don't call it an RP, because the word seems to be a red cloth to some people. ;P There's not even any roles to "play" with, because the contestants will participate as themselves this time.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Tahoma]I shall indeed be looking forward to this, regardless of the outcome of Otaku Idol 2 as well =).

A question to Shy though, will the winner of OI2 be using this pitch as their next event, or is it just for the sake of OI2?[/FONT]

[COLOR=Teal]I?d like to voice a concern I have over Sandy?s response to Shy?s latest questions and assignments. The answer to assignment one and the questions were in my opinion excellently handled. And that's not what I'm worried about.

My concern actually lies with assignment two and how it seems to be just another Survivor RPG, something that Sandy has done in the past, and closely mirrors the idea of only one making it out just like Labyrinth did. I?d like to know how this latest event he is proposing is even original. Not in the sense of it took time to modify it to work online or how it?s different from the previous Survivor games, but in that it?s already been done many times here at OB.

James even specifically mentioned ideas on how we could have more variety in the events as you can see here: [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=756817&postcount=70][B][COLOR=Teal][U]POST[/U][/COLOR][/B][/URL] So my concern really comes down to this question, [B]Can [I]either[/I] contestant come up with something a little more original[/B]?

I'm not trying to mean here. >_< I think it's a valid concern, unless I'm the only one who thinks this. [/COLOR]

It's not just you.

Sandy, we've recently made amends and I want you to know that I am not being malicious here; I'm not trying to hurt your feelings. Lately you've been more pleasant and it's gone a long way into helping you get back into this competition. Even your latest reply was good--until the event pitch. This is just the reality of things: if you do not edit your post with a different event pitch, you're essentially handing the competition over to White on a silver platter.

Shy gave you a very open-ended question, he gave you the opportunity to leave your comfort zone and be truly ambitious. Although I'm sure that Survivor would be an ejoyable game, it's something you've done several times. You can choose to take this advice or not, but I suggest editing your post with a new event if you're serious at all about this contest.

Again, I don't mean to sound harsh, but "safe" isn't going to cut it anymore.

[QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR=Teal]I?d like to voice a concern I have over Sandy?s response to Shy?s latest questions and assignments. The answer to assignment one and the questions were in my opinion excellently handled. And that's not what I'm worried about.

My concern actually lies with assignment two and how it seems to be just another Survivor RPG, something that Sandy has done in the past, and closely mirrors the idea of only one making it out just like Labyrinth did. I?d like to know how this latest event he is proposing is even original. Not in the sense of it took time to modify it to work online or how it?s different from the previous Survivor games, but in that it?s already been done many times here at OB.

James even specifically mentioned ideas on how we could have more variety in the events as you can see here: [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=756817&postcount=70][B][COLOR=Teal][U]POST[/U][/COLOR][/B][/URL] So my concern really comes down to this question, [B]Can [I]either[/I] contestant come up with something a little more original[/B]?

I'm not trying to mean here. >_< I think it's a valid concern, unless I'm the only one who thinks this. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]you know, I agree too. But that's not the reason for this post.

Aaryanna, may I commend you on not forcing your poor tortured pet into a costume for your latest avi and banner. It looks much nicer when it's not being a christmas decoration. Honest.[/font][/color][/size]