OtakuBoards

Otaku Idol 2: Who Wants To Be An Event Master? [Member Feedback & Interviews]

Shy

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]Teehee, I should've seen this coming. :3

Sandy, I didn't try to tear you into bits and pieces (neither of you). This [i]was[/i] constructive, in a way. As I was one of those people who did not read the entire thread, I had a good reason to explain why I didn't do so.

Firstly, then obviously your RPG thing lacks. This is not supposed to be just an RP that may catch some people's attention and leaves the rest out of it. It's supposed to be a community event. That you don't even try avoiding people losing their interest, already proves that you failed at the event part.

Secondly, if this is just an RPG, why don?t you post it in your own section?

Thirdly, people are more easily attracted by a thread if it has more replies, since then they see the thread is somewhat interesting. Now you may say it's essential to the RPG thing that you made people PM you the profiles, but I still think it doesn't work out well. Period.

So, it was meant constructive, but if you can?t see it, it?s too bad. And I?ll still take that cookie while you?re asleep so don?t worry about that.

Gavin, this table makes the text stand out a lot more. My eyes are grateful. As for the banner, I just meant to say that it wasn?t very clear. Partly because at first I couldn?t even see what it was, and afterwards I didn?t really get the connection between Dragonball and a writing contest. Though I?m flattered, I?m not sure if you needed to take the banner off for me, I might be the only one who had that problem with it. I think there?s still some attention puller thing needed on top, but I?m not sure what it should be (my mind?s not really functioning well anymore). Perhaps someone else has an idea.

I?ll just shush now, before I get more people on my back. Just to repeat: it was all meant in a constructive way. Not just to smite your prides.

[quote name='John']Boo's criticism was hardly trying to "rip you apart". Quit being so jumpy, Sandy. :)[/quote]I guess it depends on what you're used to. :3[/size]

[QUOTE=Boo][size=1]Gavin, this table makes the text stand out a lot more. My eyes are grateful. As for the banner, I just meant to say that it wasn?t very clear. Partly because at first I couldn?t even see what it was, and afterwards I didn?t really get the connection between Dragonball and a writing contest. Though I?m flattered, I?m not sure if you needed to take the banner off for me, I might be the only one who had that problem with it. I think there?s still some attention puller thing needed on top, but I?m not sure what it should be (my mind?s not really functioning well anymore). Perhaps someone else has an idea.

I?ll just shush now, before I get more people on my back. Just to repeat: it was all meant in a constructive way. Not just to smite your prides.[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]On the contrary Boo, I'm very grateful for your feedback on the look of the event. And I'm happy that you find the new layout to be easier to work with than the previous one. As for the banner, I actually didn't take it down just because you suggested it, I felt that it actually looks better without it with the new background. Sorry. ^_^;

2600[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Boo][size=1]Teehee, I should've seen this coming. :3

Sandy, I didn't try to tear you into bits and pieces (neither of you). This [i]was[/i] constructive, in a way. As I was one of those people who did not read the entire thread, I had a good reason to explain why I didn't do so.

Firstly, then obviously your RPG thing lacks. This is not supposed to be just an RP that may catch some people's attention and leaves the rest out of it. It's supposed to be a community event. That you don't even try avoiding people losing their interest, already proves that you failed at the event part.

Secondly, if this is just an RPG, why don?t you post it in your own section?

Thirdly, people are more easily attracted by a thread if it has more replies, since then they see the thread is somewhat interesting. Now you may say it's essential to the RPG thing that you made people PM you the profiles, but I still think it doesn't work out well. Period.

So, it was meant constructive, but if you can?t see it, it?s too bad. And I?ll still take that cookie while you?re asleep so don?t worry about that.

Gavin, this table makes the text stand out a lot more. My eyes are grateful. As for the banner, I just meant to say that it wasn?t very clear. Partly because at first I couldn?t even see what it was, and afterwards I didn?t really get the connection between Dragonball and a writing contest. Though I?m flattered, I?m not sure if you needed to take the banner off for me, I might be the only one who had that problem with it. I think there?s still some attention puller thing needed on top, but I?m not sure what it should be (my mind?s not really functioning well anymore). Perhaps someone else has an idea.

I?ll just shush now, before I get more people on my back. Just to repeat: it was all meant in a constructive way. Not just to smite your prides.

I guess it depends on what you're used to. :3[/size][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]I think I love you, Boo.[/font][/color][/size]

I hope I word this right seeing that I?m new to this sort of thing online. But I?ll do my best. ;)

I read through all the events and in all honesty the only one that caught my interest was White?s event. Primarily because it reminded me of the game I use to play in High School, but also because I?ve been glancing at the signups for RPG?s and checking out the actual RPG?s out of curiosity. And in comparison the event White planned was nice and simple and didn?t require any background or experience in that respect. I don?t think you need experience, but it was less intimidating so to speak. It gives the player a chance to be part of something without needing to create elaborate characters or settings. And yet it looks like it will be quite fun.

Gavin, I honestly had a hard time reading yours for the same reason Boo already mentioned. And the new background is a definite improvement. I have issues with my vision; hurray for being able to change the font size on computers :) Otherwise it would have been unreadable for me and when that happens, I just move on.

I think your event is wonderfully structured and yet at the same time it feels overwhelming to one who simply has no RPG/event experience. It comes across as something that only one who is experienced would enjoy playing. That and I haven?t been to school since before some of the people on this forum were born and I never was very good with poetry to begin with.

Sandy, I think your event is nicely done as well. The idea of secretly competing against other players in a lethal labyrinth has a nice mysterious air to it. The only thing I didn?t care for was the idea of everyone controlling the characters. Mind you I understand why and it suits the games, but my lack of experience in any form of role-play is something I felt would make me easy to detect among the other players. Unlike the Mafia event where the hundreds of hours of watching cop shows is likely to help me out in being believable.

Beyond that I wouldn?t know what to suggest as I think all three have done an excellent job in creating their events. And both Gavin's and Sandy's are something that perhaps I would find interesting after I had gotten my feet wet so to speak. As they are interesting, but not in what I would consider a more broad sense.

I hope this makes sense, but White's event seems to accommodate all levels of members where the others seem to be more for those who have been here a while. Or rather those who have some RPG experience under their belt.

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][color=indigo]Aaryanna_Mom[/color] - because everything you just said is just too much to quote and all of what you said is true in relation to myself trying to empathise with other members on why White's RP is getting the most attention - I couldn't agree more.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]However, in [color=indigo]Sandy[/color] and [color=indigo]Gavin[/color]'s defense, their events were meticulously crafted and - after reading it in it's entirety - actually looks fun to play in; so kudos to you two. :animesmil[/color][/size][/font]

[font=tahoma]My view on this is pretty much this:

[b]White:[/b] It's been said already, what appeals the most about [u]Mafia[/u] is that it's pretty much universal, anybody can play it and it appeals more so to a wider crowd then both Gavin and Sandy's because theirs is primarily aimed toward the Arena inhabitants. Being one myself, they appeal to me (I will explain my hesitance in signing up for Kumite after this) but i know the importance of appealing to the masses when it comes to a [b][u]Community[/b][/u] event. The reason i have not signed up is because I don't want to commit myself to more of these 3 events than I can handle, since things with me are about to get pretty busy for me starting next month.

[b]Gavin:[/b] Contrary to most people that have already given their opinions, [u]Kumite[/u] was my favorite of the 3 on paper. While in places it can be a bit obscure, that has never personally bothered me but as I said above it's important to take a general audience into consideration. Yes the sign up is demanding, but the general part of it I don't mind much. When it comes to the spar character however, very little is provided for how this character should be formed. Now hear me out before any conclusions are jumped to:

Normally when a character is created for an RP, the story [b]or[/b] guidelines specified by the RP creator set the standard for how the participants should form their own characters. For instance, in my RP Sinister Nation...it was clear that characters would have to fit the model of the modern day mercenary, where as in Doublehex's CAF it was clear that our characters were to be versed in various types of magic. That made sure to pan out the acceptable sign-ups from the ones that wouldn't fit in. Concerning Kumite, you say that the themes of the spars would be specified later by yourself as well as the character is meant to be based off of ourselves...but this could be interpreted so many ways for different people.

When it comes to our skills and abilities, it's hard to envision what fits best or even what's fair. For instance, someone could create a character who's abilities are creating supernovas with his eyes and super speed. Someone else could simply be a gunslinger and have skills like sharpshooting, etc. This is clearly a mismatch, while it may not matter because writing will be in the hands of people who's character are the participants, it would prove to be more difficult and possibly awkward to write a believeable spar with the character at the collosal disadvantage holding his own. I think that has been what has kept most people from jumping at the sign up. They are waiting to see what other's are creating first so they know how to fit their character into the mix to make things more convincing. There are no real restrictions, and while in most cases this may be a good thing...it creates difficulties with even the beggining parts of this event, meaning the sign-up.

But again, I like the idea of a writing contest (in fact I thought Otaku Idol 2 itself was going to be one) and the idea of claiming "Best in the Arena" as a prize...it's just difficult to get into.

[b]Sandy:[/b] I believe [u]Labyrinth[/u] is a great concept and it most definitly appeals to me personally. But it's weakest point is White's strongest point...it appeals specifically to one type of person...the role player. As for the claim that an empty thread due to private sign-ups sets an undesireable atmosphere, that may be so in terms of visuals...but it is as you said, it's essential to the event's concept. Those who understand fully what Labyrinth has to offer will know why it is essential and will not be turned off by an empty thread. Labyrinth's strongest point I believe is it's mysterious atmosphere and may appeal to more possibly because of it, but ultimatley it is an event for the Role Players.

That's how I see it, sorry if it offends anyone.[/font]

I'll basically sum up what I said in my myotaku.

A lot of thought and effort went into the events, but I think that some of you were going so far out of your way to stand out and be impressive, that you overcomplicated things.

When I think of events, I think of fun activities that reflect the culture of the boards and bring the entire community together. It's also cool if they serve the community in some way. I don't think that an event should have a limited roster, lengthy sign-up process, or be mature rated. I realize that some may disagree with my criticism of mature rated events, but understand that it's just my personal preference.

[QUOTE=BKstyles]
...Concerning Kumite, you say that the themes of the spars would be specified later by yourself as well as the character is meant to be based off of ourselves...but this could be interpreted so many ways for different people.
[/QUOTE][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]I totally understand and agree with you [color=indigo]BK[/color]. That area specifically - creating the character for the future SPAR - took me the longest to complete; simply because [color=indigo]Gavin[/color] didn't set out a specific guideline for me to uphold in terms of creating a character. Not that i'm bashing or anything but i'm sure that by now [color=indigo][Gavin][/color][color=gray],[/color] you know that i'm just giving out constructive advice as others have and nothing more. Hopefully, though [color=indigo][And I say this with humour][/color], someone else will sign up for Kumite, otherwise i'll win by default - [/color][color=gray]and who wants to win that way?[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Charles]
A lot of thought and effort went into the events, but I think that some of you were going so far out of your way to stand out and be impressive, that you overcomplicated things.
[/QUOTE][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]So true. Nevertheless, they are all great events. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]Congratulations to the winner of [color=indigo]Otaku Idol 2[/color]! :animesmil[/color][/size][/font]

Okay, I think I get now that the most basic critique towards Labyrinth is that it is an RPG. However, I have to ask since when have RPGs been excluded from being events? Legionnaires was most certainly an RPG, and so were the OtakuBoards Big Brothers to a certain extend.

I don't think I agree with what you said in your MyOtaku page, Charles, about Labyrinth not standing out if it was transferred to Adventure Square. In my opinion it has many elements that common OB RPGs don't have, such as being a contest and the possibility to die in the game (hence the mature rating).

I apologize for not making an event for everybody, but in reality, it would be quite impossible to make in such a short amount of time. If I become the next Event Master, I promise you'll see more than Survivor-clones at the Community Event Section. I even have a few projects planned in my head. ;D

[quote name='Sandy']I don't think I agree with what you said in your MyOtaku page, Charles, about Labyrinth not standing out if it was transferred to Adventure Square. In my opinion it has many elements that common OB RPGs don't have, such as being a contest and the possibility to die in the game (hence the mature rating).[/quote]

[color=crimson]You seem to be under the mistaken presumption that those things make it more appealing.

Vote for [b]White[/b] '06.[/color]

[QUOTE][font=tahoma][b]Gavin:[/b] Contrary to most people that have already given their opinions, [u]Kumite[/u] was my favorite of the 3 on paper. While in places it can be a bit obscure, that has never personally bothered me but as I said above it's important to take a general audience into consideration. Yes the sign up is demanding, but the general part of it I don't mind much. When it comes to the spar character however, very little is provided for how this character should be formed. Now hear me out before any conclusions are jumped to:

Normally when a character is created for an RP, the story [b]or[/b] guidelines specified by the RP creator set the standard for how the participants should form their own characters. For instance, in my RP Sinister Nation...it was clear that characters would have to fit the model of the modern day mercenary, where as in Doublehex's CAF it was clear that our characters were to be versed in various types of magic. That made sure to pan out the acceptable sign-ups from the ones that wouldn't fit in. Concerning Kumite, you say that the themes of the spars would be specified later by yourself as well as the character is meant to be based off of ourselves...but this could be interpreted so many ways for different people.

When it comes to our skills and abilities, it's hard to envision what fits best or even what's fair. For instance, someone could create a character who's abilities are creating supernovas with his eyes and super speed. Someone else could simply be a gunslinger and have skills like sharpshooting, etc. This is clearly a mismatch, while it may not matter because writing will be in the hands of people who's character are the participants, it would prove to be more difficult and possibly awkward to write a believeable spar with the character at the collosal disadvantage holding his own. I think that has been what has kept most people from jumping at the sign up. They are waiting to see what other's are creating first so they know how to fit their character into the mix to make things more convincing. There are no real restrictions, and while in most cases this may be a good thing...it creates difficulties with even the beggining parts of this event, meaning the sign-up.

But again, I like the idea of a writing contest (in fact I thought Otaku Idol 2 itself was going to be one) and the idea of claiming "Best in the Arena" as a prize...it's just difficult to get into.[/font][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Thanks for bringing up that particular issue BK as it has been one to which I've been giving some considerable thought. When I created Kumite it was in the hope that each area of competition would be nearly separate in themselves, i.e. that someone who was proficient at role-playing would not be overly challenged by the poetry section of the competition as to give everyone a fair chance at winning.

The sparring section however was something I added simply because I considered it to have been a major part of the Arena at one stage. What I had originally hoped was that people would understand that the sign up for the spars was genuinely meant to be vague in that I had hoped to be able to give people the opportunity to create characters that really reflected their own skills and attributes. However I can see there was also a lot of room for god-modding so I'll have to go back and see how I can change that. Which I suppose leads on to the following question:

[b]How could the over-all application to Kumite be made more user-friendly while keeping the competitive nature of the competition intact ?[/b]

Any and all response to that would be most welcome.[/SIZE]

[quote name='DeathKnight][color=crimson]Vote for [b]White[/b'] '06.[/color][/quote]

[SIZE=1]¬_¬ Bah Ken you traitor.[/SIZE]

[quote name='DeathKnight][color=crimson']You seem to be under the mistaken presumption that those things make it more appealing.[/color][/quote]

It might not appeal to you, but the amount of sign-ups I've gotten proves that it appeals to at least [I]some[/I] people. So I'm not the one being mistaken here. Also, the basic concept for Labyrinth is actually taken from a board game called [url=http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/1899][B]"13 Dead End Drive"[/B][/url], where every player controls each of the twelve pawns, trying to kill off each other's pawns while not exposing own pawns to the other players. I personally, plus everybody I've played that board game with, have enjoyed it tremendously, so I wanted to bring that enjoyment to OB in a new form.

As I said earlier, I wasn't even trying to cater to everybody's needs, because I believe it can't be done in a single event. Again, Otaku Idol 2 is a contest, and I really want to win this, so I didn't want to try something I have never done before. This is not the place for full-out experimenting, at least not to me.

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][quote name='Sandy']As I said earlier, I wasn't even trying to cater to everybody's needs, because I believe it can't be done in a single event.[/quote]
Nifty Fifty, the Scavenger Hunt, the plain old Otaku Awards - everyone got behind those, they were for the most part accessible to everyone and had no crazy prerequisites for entry. On top of that, they were wildly successful - looks like events that cater to everyone have been created before to me. And what was the common attribute to all them?

[i]They weren't RPGs.[/i].

If you'd approached Otaku Idol 2 from a different angle, it would be entirely viable to do an event that everyone can get involved in, in some way. I mean, seriously - Event != RPG by default.[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Sandy]I don't think I agree with what you said in your MyOtaku page, Charles, about Labyrinth not standing out if it was transferred to Adventure Square. In my opinion it has many elements that common OB RPGs don't have, such as being a contest and the possibility to die in the game (hence the mature rating).
[/QUOTE]

To be fair, that's just my observation at this point and this is not my full judgement. I think it would be impossible to fairly say it's like an RPG until everyone sees how you run it. So, I don't mean to sound too damning or anything.

[QUOTE=DeadSeraphim][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]
Nifty Fifty, the Scavenger Hunt, the plain old Otaku Awards - everyone got behind those, they were for the most part accessible to everyone and had no crazy prerequisites for entry. On top of that, they were wildly successful - looks like events that cater to everyone have been created before to me. And what was the common attribute to all them?

[i]They weren't RPGs.[/i].
[/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

I wasn't implying that all events must be RPGs, far from it. I agree that Scavenger Hunt was innovative and appealed to everybody, but if I had created a quiz-type of event, everybody would now be putting me down for copying it. The same effect would've resulted from an award-type of event. It's a no-win situation.

Like I said, I created an event that I thought would have great chances to be successful from earlier experiences, plus one I'd enjoy making. I'm just a human being, you can't really expect for me to come up with a whole new and sparkling concept that would revitalize the entire OtakuBoards in just ten days.

Now I'll stop being on a defensive stance, because honestly I'm repeating myself, and you are provoking me to do it on purpose. You don't want to understand, DeadSeraphim, you just want to provoke like your habit is.

[B]Charles:[/B] I completely understand your point-of-view, and I respect your feedback. At least you know what "constructive" means.

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][QUOTE=Sandy]I wasn't implying that all events must be RPGs, far from it. I agree that Scavenger Hunt was innovative and appealed to everybody, but if I had created a quiz-type of event, everybody would now be putting me down for copying it. The same effect would've resulted from an award-type of event. It's a no-win situation.

Like I said, I created an event that I thought would have great chances to be successful from earlier experiences, plus one I'd enjoy making. I'm just a human being, you can't really expect for me to come up with a whole new and sparkling concept that would revitalize the entire OtakuBoards in just ten days.

Now I'll stop being on a defensive stance, because honestly I'm repeating myself, and you are provoking me to do it on purpose. You don't want to understand, DeadSeraphim, you just want to provoke like your habit is.

[B]Charles:[/B] I completely understand your point-of-view, and I respect your feedback. At least you know what "constructive" means.[/QUOTE]
Of course, I'm sure you can see where I could misconstrue your stance when you make bold claims like "I wasn't even trying to cater to everybody's needs, because [B]I believe it can't be done in a single event[/B]". [i]Honestly now[/i]. Also, I've not tried to consciously provoke you on purpose once, in fact this is the first time I've quoted you in weeks, if not months. But seriously, you want constructive criticism?

I think you shouldn't have tried so hard to be mysterious and secretive, because even if your sign ups haven't suffered for it, your events reputation has. I also think purposely focusing on one demographic (the RP types) instead of the entire forum (cause, you know, it's a [i]Community[/i] Event), was a bad move on your part. Apart from that, I'm just disappointed that all three events are essentially RPs - I could understand one or two, but we got a ****ing trifecta, man. My whole problem with OI2 has been that it all comes off as less epic, community involving events and more 'showcase your rp ideas in a different forum'. So yeah.

There's your constructive criticism, stop bitching.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Sandy]Also, the basic concept for Labyrinth is actually taken from a board game called [url="http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/1899"][b]"13 Dead End Drive"[/b][/url'], where every player controls each of the twelve pawns, trying to kill off each other's pawns while not exposing own pawns to the other players.[/quote]
Sandy, that's one of your major issues here. I'm a total freak when it comes to obscure boardgames (and general obscure games), and [i]even I've never heard of 13 Dead End Drive[/i]. I don't think anyone here has. So here you're basing your "event" on an obscure board game with a convoluted ruleset that is entirely better suited to a conventional, physical board with individual players right there, at a table, because those types of backstabbing situations are better orchestrated face-to-face.

That's why something like Fireball Island wouldn't work over the 'net as well as it does on a pool table in your basement.

[QUOTE=Papa Smurf]Sandy, that's one of your major issues here. I'm a total freak when it comes to obscure boardgames (and general obscure games), and [i]even I've never heard of 13 Dead End Drive[/i]. I don't think anyone here has. So here you're basing your "event" on an obscure board game with a convoluted ruleset that is entirely better suited to a conventional, physical board with individual players right there, at a table, because those types of backstabbing situations are better orchestrated face-to-face.
[/QUOTE]

It maybe obscure and convoluted as an idea, but I've done my best to thoroughly explain the rules that apply to my event, and they shouldn't be unclear to anybody who has read them. It's not like I directly copied the board game here, of course I had to do much formatting to make it both suitable for online purposes and original.

Besides, how can you claim that nobody has played the board game around here? Just because [I]you[/I] haven't? There's a link to a site advertising the game in the bolded name, unless you didn't notice.

What are you even trying to do, get me to drop out of this contest? No matter how much resistance I get for my event, I'm going to pull it through with people who are actually interested in it, and in the end it's [I]Shy[/I]'s decision if it was good enough or not.

Don't tell me it won't work before it has even started.

[quote name='Sandy']It maybe obscure and convoluted as an idea, but I've done my best to thoroughly explain the rules that apply to my event, and they shouldn't be unclear to anybody who has read them.[/quote] You're missing the point. I don't care how much you explained things. The level to which you explained the rules is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is [i]the idea of the game itself[/i] is an obscure and convoluted one, and even [i]pales[/i] in comparison to something like Clue. I don't get why you don't see that, man. The very fact that you'd have to require people to [b][i]private message[/i][/b] you with their sign-ups for a [b][i]community event[/i][/b] should immediately tip you off that your idea is not suited for this type of environment. I mean, honestly. That much is just common sense.

[quote]Besides, how can you claim that nobody has played the board game around here? Just because [i]you[/i] haven't? There's a link to a site advertising the game in the bolded name, unless you didn't notice.[/quote] Until I see other people chiming in and being all "Oh, man! I know that game! I've been playing it for years!!!" I have no reason to conclude otherwise, Sandy. Oh, and the suggested playtime for the boardgame is 45 minutes. You think that 45 minutes will translate into under 2 months, especially considering how these types of overcomplicated RPGs rarely get off the ground after two weeks? Be sensible, dude.

[quote]Besides, how can you claim that nobody has played the board game around here?[/quote]
Oh yeah, and by the way:

[quote name='Papa Smurf]I'm a total freak when it comes to obscure boardgames (and general obscure games), and [i]even I've never heard of 13 Dead End Drive[/i]. I don't [b]think[/b'] anyone here has.[/quote]
I bolded the important word there. Sandy, drop the dramatics.

[quote]What are you even trying to do, get me to drop out of this contest? No matter how much resistance I get for my event, I'm going to pull it through with people who are actually interested in it, and in the end it's [i]Shy[/i]'s decision if it was good enough or not.

Don't tell me it won't work before it has even started.[/QUOTE] Sandy, don't be a drama queen. It makes you look increasingly stupid and juvenile and does nothing to improve your standing here. I, like others, have offered you feedback and criticism that you [i]should[/i] be taking instead of throwing your usual pissy little tantrum.

[quote name='Papa Smurf] I, like others, have offered you feedback and criticism that you [i]should[/i'] be taking instead of throwing your usual pissy little tantrum.[/quote]

What is there to take, honestly? According to you as well as a number of others, my game sucks, so the only thing I could do is to change it completely, or just give up. And that is [I]not[/I] an option. You can psyche and provoke me all you want, I'm not giving in.

I don't understand where everybody has gotten this sudden urge to give me a piece of their "constructive" advice. Let me at least [I]start[/I] the game before you jump into conclusions.

Come what may, Labyrinth is [I]my[/I] event, and if it doesn't make me an Event Master, then so be it. But couldn't you people at least give me a chance?

[quote name='Sandy']What is there to take, honestly?[/quote]
How about advice from a significant number of significantly experienced writers that do know what they're talking about. Dude, don't be so dense.

[quote]According to you as well as a number of others, my game sucks, so the only thing I could do is to change it completely, or just give up.[/quote]
Point to where I and "as well as a number of others" have said anything of the sort. If you can't, then drop this drama queen persona.

[quote]You can psyche and provoke me all you want, I'm not giving in.[/quote]
Dude, what are you on? Since when did telling you how to improve your concept and improve your chances of having a successful [i]community event[/i] (as opposed to this whole square peg/round hole thing you're trying here) suddenly become psyching or provoking you? Are you [i]that[/i] trite or oversensitive that you can't even differentiate between mind games and actual criticism designed to help you?

[quote]I don't understand where everybody has gotten this sudden urge to give me a piece of their "constructive" advice.[/QUOTE]
Because it's obvious you don't seem to understand the most important aspect of a community event: [i]that it involves the community[/i].

[QUOTE=Papa Smurf]Are you [i]that[/i] trite or oversensitive that you can't even differentiate between mind games and actual criticism designed to help you?
[/QUOTE]

Then why don't I feel helped? I can't change my event anymore, I already have the players gathered for it and it'll launch full speed the day after tomorrow. I don't even [I]want[/I] to change it, I think it's great as it is even though you don't seem to like it.

It doesn't embrace the [I]whole[/I] community, I admit, but a significant part of it. Suck it up and see it through.

[quote name='Sandy']Then why don't I feel helped?[/quote]
Simple: because you're hypersensitive. Nothing of what anyone has said to you has been mean-spirited or negative. It's all been designed to help you. You don't feel helped because you're totally unwilling to see what others see. Why that is, one can only guess, but judging by what we consistently see from you, I have a feeling it's got a lot to do with an ego.