OtakuBoards

Otaku Idol 2: Who Wants To Be An Event Master? [Member Feedback & Interviews]

Shy

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]Okay, here's your plot twist...

[b]Both of you are to take control of the other's event [i]immediately[/i].[/b]
[/size][/QUOTE]

I just want to say that I [I]knew[/I] this was the twist, so I secretly wished that my event would end before it came into effect, but of course it didn't. XP

Well, let's see what comes of this...

One [B]question[/B], though: will failing to complete the other participant's event mean [I]automatic[/I] loss in the Otaku Idol 2? I surely hope other things affect the decision as well... :/

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the entire duration of the event? I understand that they should show that they're able to run entirely different events with a high level of competence, but what makes it necessary to make it last from here on out? After all, either of the contestants might have had a lot more up their sleeves than they've revealed so far, and won't get a chance to show it now.

[quote name='Sandy]One [B]question[/B], though: will failing to complete the other participant's event mean [I]automatic[/I'] loss in the Otaku Idol 2? I surely hope other things affect the decision as well... :/[/quote]
[size=1]The final decision of who wins and who doesn't will be based on a variety of factors, so failing to complete your new event will not be a 'deal-breaker' in any regard. In certain circumstances, failure to complete the event will reflect poorly on the person who originally created it.[/size][quote name='john']For the entire duration of the event? I understand that they should show that they're able to run entirely different events with a high level of competence, but what makes it necessary to make it last from here on out? After all, either of the contestants might have had a lot more up their sleeves than they've revealed so far, and won't get a chance to show it now.[/quote]
[size=1]I'm aware that each of the contestants had more tricks up their sleeves that they may never get a chance to use. However, we are on Week 4 and it already appears that Labyrinth may be reaching completion soon. It was important to give each Jr. Event Master a chance to not only run the other's events, but implement new changes and improvements as they see fit. By giving them control for a longer period of time they will be able to see how their decisions directly influenced the final outcome of the events. If they had regained control of their event at some point it would be more difficult to gauge how their control influenced each event's success, for better or for worse.

I am well aware that this will create conflict among those participating in the events.

-Shy[/size]

[SIZE=1]Wow, I'm kind of glad I retired when I did given that fact I really hadn't been keeping up with what was going on with the other guys events. Still this should definitely turn out to be rather interesting at the same time.[/SIZE]

[size=1]We are a week into the Event Master's new roles, and the results are mixed at best. Labyrinth's activity seems to be suffering under White's control, whereas Mafia continues to be quite active. How much of this is a testament to the members participating in the events themselves, and how much of this is because of the new person in charge?

[b]Interview Three: New Event, New Challenges

1. What did you think were some of the biggest problems with your competition's Event prior to taking charge of it? Be specific and be honest.

2. What is your biggest concern regarding the Event you created being under someone else's control?

3. What are some of the challenges in running your new Event?

4. Do you feel taking control over this new Event has impacted its' activity or success in any way?

5. What are you doing differently with this Event that the original creator did not?

6. Will your new Event be able to see completion by the end of the competition, roughly three weeks from now?

7. What is your opinion of your competition's handling of your Event so far?[/b]

Also, I would like to ask active participants in Labyrinth and Mafia to contribute their opinions about the Event Masters switching roles. Do you feel that having a new person in charge of the Event changes your enjoyment of it in any way?

In addition, [b]I would also like to ask [i]all members[/i] to contribute their own questions for next week's interview. These questions must be PM'd to me, and will be posted anonymously.[/b] Feel free to ask whatever question you'd like (Even the Event Master finalists may contribute questions of their own!) Within reason, Sandy and White will be expected to answer every question I receive.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma][b]1.[/b] To be dead honest, I think it was way to much like an RP. He could have easily run that in the Adventure Square, Event Master or not. I also don't think Labyrinth involve(d/s) enough people. Mafia is pretty guilty of this too, but not as much.

[b]2.[/b] My biggest concern already became a reality as I was worried Sandy may mess up one of the steps. However it's not something that makes a huge difference so I don't really mind. I'm trying to concentrate on Labyrinth anyway.

[b]3.[/b] First of all was reading it. It was very boring and I got tired fast. After I did finally read through it and understand everything (with the help of Tekkaman), I was shocked to find that not only was the event almost over but there were only 4 people taking part! One of which who has now quit.

[b]4.[/b] No. It's true that for some strange reason the activity has dropped drastically but I don't think that is because of me. It's a bummer to because I've got a decent twist I'd like to throw in there.

[b]5.[/b] Nothing. [i]Yet[/i]. Since about the day we switched positions I planned out a nice twist. Unfortunately, I need to get through a certain part before I can implant it.

[b]6.[/b] No doubt. Unless this drought lasts for another 3 weeks, we'll be done within the week.

[b]7.[/b] So far Sandy has done a great job of following in my footsteps with Mafia. He's done (almost) everything just like I would and is moving things along smoothly. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[right][size=1][color=#ededed]Invitation'd! PM me.[/color][/size][/right]

[size=1][quote name='Shy][size=1']Also, I would like to ask active participants in Labyrinth and Mafia to contribute their opinions about the Event Masters switching roles. Do you feel that having a new person in charge of the Event changes your enjoyment of it in any way?[/size][/quote][/size]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Having [color=indigo]Sandy[/color] control Mafia doesn't change my enjoyment of the current event; he has done a great job so far of controlling the element of the game so that the members playing can continue to do so as if nothing has changed. Though, I believe that the majority of success belongs to [color=indigo]White[/color] for creating the event that we have all come to love.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]In Labyrinth, however, I was killed before the ledership positions were changed (I was Ayame and Keene for those Labyrinth members who wanted to know), so I don't have anything to say about [color=indigo]White's[/color] performance. I will say that I broke down the logistics of the event to him so that he could understand it better - other than that, I don't know what to say.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]While i'm speaking, i'd also like to say that while Labyrinth and Mafia were both extremely fun for me because they both included guesswork, there's just that little somethin' that contributes to Mafia which is still bringing in posts. be it more active members or more of a mystery to the game, I don't know.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Oh yeah, I remember [color=indigo]Desbreko[/color] saying that he couldn't understand the specifics of Mafia in this thread; hopefully, he has been watching and figuring out what's been going on. It's actually very simplistic, fun and mysterious.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]...Hey, I guess that's what differentiates Mafia from Labyrinth: [color=indigo]It's very simplistic, fun, and mysterious all at the same time[/color], heh. I answered my own question.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=tahoma]The switch, while indifferent with it has not really made it's impact on Labyrinth for me. The reason for it's slow down isn't due to either Sandy or White. It's the lack of attention from it's members, myself included. I say this because I didn't post until quite late in the week, but this shouldn't be mistaken for not being interested anymore. It seems someome has quite, and someone has still yet to post so it really can't be blamed on anything except out participation.

To be honest I actually liked the concept of switching up event masters, since versatility and adaptation is important to an event master. Eventhough whoever becomes Event Master ultimatley makes their own events however they want, and sticks to that. So adapting to another's event may not be a necessary feature to have.

As for Mafia, I havn't been keeping up with it religiously. I know a few people feel like it's slow and dragging and it seems like there's always some kind of OOC confrontation going on in the "Town" thread. It seems Sandy has adjusted nicely, but again I'm unsure since I don't know if it's where it's supposed to be in terms of advancement, or if it's behind.[/font]

[quote name='BKstyles'] As for Mafia, I havn't been keeping up with it religiously. I know a few people feel like it's slow and dragging and it seems like there's always some kind of OOC confrontation going on in the "Town" thread. It seems Sandy has adjusted nicely, but again I'm unsure since I don't know if it's where it's supposed to be in terms of advancement, or if it's behind.[/quote][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Bah, humbug.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Mafia may be moving slow to you, my friend, but I think it's a very good pace. Soon, the Mafia will be picked out and killed anyway if my calculations are right (And if they don't kill me, lol).[/color][/size][/font]

[size=1][color=royalblue]I've experinced nothing different in the change-up of event leaders, except for that the fact that Sandy may be missing a step or two. However, the way I've experinced Mafia is that it's extremely partipcant-based, where we're essentially given a timeframe and a subject and set to roam free. White isn't/wasn't there to keep it together, he was just there to call us back in when the next stage was set to begin.

Mafia is taking longer because, I believe, we have several different things occuring. There are debates and conversations as to who is what role, and we have to wait to accomodate certain things, such as timezones (Boo, for instance). If the event leader was to cut us off right when a person had a point to bring up, it could really kill the event. Therefore, when things have settled or when things are getting out of hand (look in the past at the Tekkaman v. Boo Case), the leader pops in to get things rolling.

Overall, I believe the "lack" of speed has been due to the fact that we're getting ourselves comfortable; not wanting the event to pass by in a flash. To be a good Event Master, I believe that the well-being of your people comes first. (There are such things, like The OtakuBoards Scavenger Hunt, that obviously needed a restricted timeframe, but that was much different than the events going on now.)

As to the whole "it doesn't appeal to enough members" aspect that's been going on for ages, I don't think it's really the [i]creators[/i] fault as much as it is the [i]person's[/i] fault. If you didn't sign up, then don't complain about how you're not able to be in it. If you don't visit the Community Events forum, don't whine about missing the chance. The aspect of "responsibilty" has been lost on many people recently, a sad fact of our day and age.
The counter-argument to that is that the events occuring only appeal to a certain number of people. Well, yes and no. But really, you can only accomodate so many people, and the final decision may not always be the one everybody likes.

(Yeah, uh, that was a recent essay question on a history test...)

I would like to say good luck and break a leg to whoever comes out to be the Master. After all the arguments and criticisms, you definetly earn it.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Tekkaman][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Bah, humbug.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Mafia may be moving slow to you, my friend, but I think it's a very good pace. Soon, the Mafia will be picked out and killed anyway if my calculations are right (And if they don't kill me, lol).[/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Alright, i'd just like to clear up that i did not say i thought it was moving slow. So nobody gets the wrong idea. I in fact said i am [u]unsure[/u] of where it is in terms of pace, as aforementioned in my previous post. It would be impossible for me to know for sure where it is since I also said i havn't been following it religiously. The only thing i know for sure is who had been killed already (lol@sakura being chopped up into pieces btw) :p . [/font]

First of all, this is the first time I've heard that I have skipped (purely accidentally, I assure you) some steps in the round process of the Mafia. I believed I did everything White had done in the previous rounds, but [I]please[/I], if you see me missing out on something, do tell me immediately. I really don't want to ruin the Mafia for you!

Then onto Shy's questions:

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1][b]Interview Three: New Event, New Challenges

1. What did you think were some of the biggest problems with your competition's Event prior to taking charge of it? Be specific and be honest.

2. What is your biggest concern regarding the Event you created being under someone else's control?

3. What are some of the challenges in running your new Event?

4. Do you feel taking control over this new Event has impacted its' activity or success in any way?

5. What are you doing differently with this Event that the original creator did not?

6. Will your new Event be able to see completion by the end of the competition, roughly three weeks from now?

7. What is your opinion of your competition's handling of your Event so far?[/b]
[/size][/QUOTE]

[B]1.[/B] I felt the biggest problem of Mafia is that it was hard for an outsider to fully comprehend, follow and enjoy, because there's so much going on in the background. It was also very difficult for me to jump into it in the midst of everything, but thankfully Allamorph saved me by explaining what had been going on, and I could take the reins from that on.

[B]2.[/B] Well, my biggest concern is that White would not understand the possibilities of the world of the Labyrinth, and thus wouldn't appreciate it as a potential event. He's a roleplayer like myself, but we do have different tastes.

[B]3.[/B] The biggest challenge I'm facing is to resist the urge to get into the discussion about who did what and to whom. In Labyrinth, I was as much of an participant as the other players, but in Mafia, I feel I'm just the organizer, watching everybody else having the fun. It's purposeful for the game, I know, but I have had to settle into this new role.

[B]4.[/B] There hasn't been any changes in terms of activity or success during this week, in my opinion. I'd like to think I'm moving things forward faster, but it's really the participants who are doing it, not me.

[B]5.[/B] I did add the picture of the hanged man, heh. But seriously, I'm thinking that I will be more open with who has died and who is accusing who and all that (I never got the point of the spoiler tags, really). All in all, I'm trying to think that the Mafia is [I]my[/I] event now, and not focus too much on what [I]White[/I] would do on each situation .

[B]6.[/B] I hope so, and I'll do my damned best to achieve that goal, but ultimately it's up to the players. I'm kinda sad to see the players of Labyrinth giving up on it, because I aimed to make it so short as well as intriguing that nobody would get bored. But it's out of my hands now. *shrug*

[B]7.[/B] Frankly, I'm not impressed. When I was running the Labyrinth, I would write into the game myself to keep the story moving on, and to add twists to it to keep the players interested. So far, White hasn't done any of that, which I can only assume is because Labyrinth isn't his type of event. According to what has come up in this thread today, he hasn't seemed to be very open with all the players involved. If somebody drops out, the others should deserve to know about it, in my opinion.

On the other hand, I sympathize White because he doesn't have the list of players and their respective characters I had, but I had to dig that same information from the players of the Mafia as well.

But yeah, to me it seems that White isn't even trying much. Sorry if that offends White, but it's just the way I see it, nothing personal. :/

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma][quote name='Sandy']Frankly, I'm not impressed. When I was running the Labyrinth, I would write into the game myself to keep the story moving on, and to add twists to it to keep the players interested. According to what has come up in this thread today, he hasn't seemed to be very open with all the players involved.[/quote]
I can't kill off a character because that would be unfair and I can't resurrect a character because everyone would know who the character belongs to (ruining the "mystery" aspect of the game). :(

And I have been very open to the players. I've talked to many of them numerous times about Labyrinth. :)

[quote name='Sandy']I can only assume is because Labyrinth isn't his type of event.[/quote] Only? I'm sure you could have assumed other things like I've been busy or I'm still waiting for the fourth person to post or I've already got a twist (which I've said before) in mind but I have to wait to use it.

Yeah, it's true, I didn't ask for the characters and their players. But part of that reason was because I don't need to know yet. Yes, I could have asked right away but I didn't think of it right away.

[quote name='Sandy']If somebody drops out, the others should deserve to know about it, in my opinion.[/quote]Duh. It wasn't even necessary to tell them until all four of them had made their posts. Besides, I was hoping that by the time the four posts were made, Eclipse would want to come back.

[quote name='Sandy']But yeah, to me it seems that White isn't even trying much.[/quote]I'm sorry you think that I'm not even trying. But don't you think that if I wasn't trying but it looks to me like that's just your way of insulting me without getting in trouble.

[quote name='Sandy']Sorry if that offends White, but it's just the way I see it, nothing personal. :/[/quote]Writing that final sentence to ensure that. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Well though I?m not participating in both events I'll give some feedback for a couple of White's responses.[QUOTE=White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma][b]3.[/b] First of all was reading it. It was very boring and I got tired fast. After I did finally read through it and understand everything (with the help of Tekkaman), I was shocked to find that not only was the event almost over but there were only 4 people taking part! One of which who has now quit.

[b]4.[/b] No. It's true that for some strange reason the activity has dropped drastically but I don't think that is because of me. It's a bummer to because I've got a decent twist I'd like to throw in there.[/font][/color][/QUOTE]Your answer that you found the event boring bothers me a bit as it has me wondering if you?ll only run events that you yourself actually like instead of trying to tailor them to catch the interests of all members.

The second ties into the first point, the activity may have dropped because you missed that Sandy was more proactive in keeping the event together by providing their own posts to help keep the story moving. And you also failed to notify the other members that one person had quit thus leaving them unaware that things had changed.

I?m not saying it?s the reason it slowed down, but I think that by allowing yourself to be bored with the event it was detrimental and on some level you failed to give it the attention it needed.

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]I said I was bored reading it. The basic idea of Labyrinth is actually very neat. I just think that the idea was created in the wrong direction. :)

"Tailoring it to catch others interests" is exactly what I'm doing with Labyrinth (which I didn't want to reveal...). I just can't do it yet because I need more posts. ;__;

Failing to notify the competitors that someone quit has nothing to do with the slow of the event in this case. The person who quit posted, therefore nobody can post anyways.*shrug* We're waiting on [b]Sakura[/b] to post before the others can post again. [b]Eclipse[/b] is the one who quit.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Failing to notify the competitors that someone quit has nothing to do with the slow of the event in this case. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Actually I disagree. You had one member that had quit, one that hasn't posted and other members who were waiting for the last one to post. In the end they didn't know someone was out of the game or that you were waiting for the final post. Leaving them in the position of not knowing what was going on. [QUOTE=White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Duh. It wasn't even necessary to tell them until all four of them had made their posts. Besides, I was hoping that by the time the four posts were made, Eclipse would want to come back.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]And to say it's not important that one dropped out? What if the remaining players used their death card on a member who had quit? By not clearing up this matter you left it open for them to kill off someone who wasn't even in the game anymore and thus waste their death card.

It's an imbalance in the event that as an event master is your job to correct. Not to just wait for the others to post and hope that the one who quits changes their mind. I?ve followed the event from the beginning and though others were waiting, once they posted without killing someone they could then turn around and post using their death card whether or not the others have posted or not. As can be seen here in this post: [quote name='Sandy]Each of you have one [B]Death Card[/B] to use this round, but [I]before[/I] you can yours you must provide [B]one more post[/B] without killing anyone.[/QUOTE]And this one: [QUOTE=White]So, the final round has begun and BKStyles, Eclipse, Sakura, and SunfallE are left fighting it out. I'm just going to remind you guys that before you can use your death card you must make one post without using it.[/QUOTE]So even though you say this here: [QUOTE=White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]The person who quit posted, therefore nobody can post anyways.*shrug* We're waiting on [b]Sakura[/b] to post before the others can post again. [b]Eclipse[/b] is the one who quit.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]This contradicts the instructions given to the members in the thread by both Sandy and then you. The players were waiting to perhaps get a feel for what the others were going to post, not because they couldn?t go ahead and use their death card once they had posted. The instructions only said they had to post without killing once. After that only one post would be required for them to turn around and use their death card. And the one post is only so they wouldn't be double posting.

Here's my opinion on the matter: (And keep in mind, I didn't have time to read all of those replies, so I'm ignoring all of them just give my own personal opinion. If anything has already been stated that covers what I say, just ignore it please.)

First off, I did get to read one of Boo's earlier replies about saying Mafia seemed like the better of the events. And I also got to read Sandy's reply. While Labyrinth is and RPG, it's like Sandy said, there's nothing wrong with that. And Sandy got all of the members that were required, so somebody must have been interested. As far as what attracts attention: I think Labyrinth is way more eye-catching. Sorry if that sound a bit rude towards White...

But then agian, this is all just my personal opinion. I'm more of a fantasy type person and others are all about guns and stuff... Labyrinth has a certain mysterious style to it. The first thing I thought when I read the title was, "This is either going to be about a complex internal labyrinth of the mind, as the characters entangle themselves in deeper trouble than when they started, or this is going to be a physical labyrinth that the characters cant' get out of." Either way, it was my personal opinion that led me to look at Labyrinth first.

Then, there's Mafia. Although based on a game, it doens't take away from the event since it's not required to know about the game to take part in the event. And just as I was attracted to Labyrinth, others types of people would be more apt to look at mafia first. I think it all comes down to a matter of opinion.

Either way, both events are both very well done, and addressing what someone said earlier, If someone can't read through the whole sign-up stuff, then they're ADD or they just shouldn't be in the Event to begin with. Both of the events are very well written and different in their approach. Which is why I think that it makes it so hard to choose between them. This is truly a great thing!!!

Now for the bad stuff (If that stuff up there qualifies for good?)

-Sandy: Have you ever read a book called Battle Royale? If not, you should. In fact, it seems like a lot of your story is somewhat based off of the book. There are some minor differences, but in the end, it comes down to a blood bath with only one survivor. I still love the story, don't get me wrong. I think that even though it seems like it was lightly based off of it, it doesn't take away from anything. I love the resurrections the most. It allows for people to continue playing the game even when all hope seems lost. And thus, the poll makes yours unique. It gets everyone involved, even if they arent' in the event. Anyone can vote for their favorite character and hope that it will keep them alive longer.

-White: Okay... Is your card strategy thing based off of Cry Wolf? Or have you seen that too. I'm sorry, in my brain, I try my best to make connections between everything like that and I just thought about how instead of using lipstick (like in the movie, if anyone's seen it) you randomly sent cards to indicate the mafia, townspeople, and detective. Also, the accusations and defenses seems based on Cry Wolf, as well as the steady eliminations. (one by one) What I like best about yours is that while Labyrinth involves people by rooting for their favorite character, Mafia keeps readers involved by using their detective skills to try and figure out who the mafia guys really are. It's a true mystery story.

So, I love both Fantasy and Mystery stories. And even though, Labyrinth caught my attention first, now that I've read both of the events, I couldn't begin to say which is better or who deserves to win. Sorry, that probably didn't get anyone anywhere. Both have pros and cons, so I guess the true winner will be decided by who has the better answers in the interview or who has more pros than cons... Or perhaps a vote. (That is, if Shy sets one up) IDK, but I'm excited to see the outcome of both stories...

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]I wasn't going to keep Eclipse quitting a secret. I was going to wait until the fourth person had posted and then if Eclipse had not decided to come back I would announce everything. It was to give Eclipse the final chance to change his/her mind.

And I was under the impression that all members had to post once before anyone could use their death cards. I must have read Sandy's rules wrong because I seriously though that and had I known they could just post, wait for one person to post, then post again with the death card I would have (obviously) told them Eclipse and her/his characters were gone.

Up until now, I thought we had to wait for Sakura.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Darren]

-Sandy: Have you ever read a book called Battle Royale? If not, you should. In fact, it seems like a lot of your story is somewhat based off of the book. There are some minor differences, but in the end, it comes down to a blood bath with only one survivor. I still love the story, don't get me wrong. I think that even though it seems like it was lightly based off of it, it doesn't take away from anything. I love the resurrections the most. It allows for people to continue playing the game even when all hope seems lost. And thus, the poll makes yours unique. It gets everyone involved, even if they arent' in the event. Anyone can vote for their favorite character and hope that it will keep them alive longer.

-White: Okay... Is your card strategy thing based off of Cry Wolf? Or have you seen that too. I'm sorry, in my brain, I try my best to make connections between everything like that and I just thought about how instead of using lipstick (like in the movie, if anyone's seen it) you randomly sent cards to indicate the mafia, townspeople, and detective. Also, the accusations and defenses seems based on Cry Wolf, as well as the steady eliminations. (one by one) What I like best about yours is that while Labyrinth involves people by rooting for their favorite character, Mafia keeps readers involved by using their detective skills to try and figure out who the mafia guys really are. It's a true mystery story.

So, I love both Fantasy and Mystery stories. And even though, Labyrinth caught my attention first, now that I've read both of the events, I couldn't begin to say which is better or who deserves to win. Sorry, that probably didn't get anyone anywhere. Both have pros and cons, so I guess the true winner will be decided by who has the better answers in the interview or who has more pros than cons... Or perhaps a vote. (That is, if Shy sets one up) IDK, but I'm excited to see the outcome of both stories...[/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]I am sure neither of your examples are the first to utilize the concept, and i believe Sandy has already stated that Labyrinth was based on another concept. The fact that you listed that both events seem to be based off a certain other event or book under the negative section of your post seems a bit unfair. Why should that have to be considered a negative?

Nowadays it's extremely hard to actually think of something that can be considered totally original. Everything, in some form or fashion will have aspects from an idea done elsewhere anywhere in the world, being in the 21st century that logically seems unavoidable. Not saying it's completely impossible, but who can possibly judge that unless they have been everywhere and seen everything?

Sandy's OB survivor was not only based off of another concept, but it was rather blatant. The name was IN the title. Yet those were wildly succesful (and i'm still waiting for my chance to get in one one *cough cough*). So whether or not it was your intention to deem the idea that both events were taken from an already existing concept as negative, i'm just addressing the fact that it was placed in the section you called "Now for the bad stuff". So if you didn't mean it that way, it's rather misleading considering where it's placed.

[QUOTE=White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]

And I was under the impression that all members had to post once before anyone could use their death cards. I must have read Sandy's rules wrong because I seriously though that and had I known they could just post, wait for one person to post, then post again with the death card I would have (obviously) told them Eclipse and her/his characters were gone.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

That's the correct interpretation. However what Aaryanna-mom was saying is that the posts can come in any order, it isn't neccesary for sakura to even post if myself or SunfallE want to post and use our death cards. There's no need for the wait, but if Sakura posted after my or SunfallE's second post, it would still be her first post and therefore she wouldn't be able to use a death card. Unless you meant it in a way of saying that nobody would be allowed to make their death card post unless all 4 had made an initial post. If that's the case, then i don't think that's it but i suppose only Sandy knew for sure when he posted it.

Least that's how i understood it (sorry to Aaryanna-mom & Sandy if i misunderstood as well)

[/font]

[QUOTE=BKstyles][font=tahoma]Least that's how i understood it (sorry to Aaryanna-mom if i misunderstood as well)
[/font][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Yeah, I understand that now. I just thought otherwise up until today. And yes, I feel like an idiot. >_>"[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue] [QUOTE=White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]I wasn't going to keep Eclipse quitting a secret. I was going to wait until the fourth person had posted and then if Eclipse had not decided to come back I would announce everything. It was to give Eclipse the final chance to change his/her mind.

Up until now, I thought we had to wait for Sakura.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Well unless the other remaining players thought differently, I too was under the impression that waiting was not required. And like Aaryanna_Mom said, I was waiting for the other post as I was hoping to get clues on whom to kill to better my chances in the game. So to just now find out that one of the players quit, well it was a wtf moment for me.

Oh and one other thing Sandy?s character was more to give other players a better chance since he couldn?t win the labyrinth, which is why he had no death cards. By having a character that was different it opened up the possibility of one of us getting to the end with two characters intact instead of just one, or leaving all of us with only one character. And the possibility of a twist where we all failed and his character was the person running the labyrinth from the inside.

I was expecting a post along the lines of they were all unworthy to survive should that have happened. I don?t know if this was his intent or not, but it?s what I thought it might have been.

Go back and re-read the thread and you?ll see that Sandy never killed off a single person. He just posted to help keep the story flowing. ^_~[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=BKstyles][font=tahoma]However what Aaryanna-mom was saying is that the posts can come in any order, it isn't neccesary for sakura to even post if myself or SunfallE want to post and use our death cards. There's no need for the wait, but if Sakura posted after my or SunfallE's second post, it would still be her first post and therefore she wouldn't be able to use a death card. Unless you meant it in a way of saying that nobody would be allowed to make their death card post unless all 4 had made an initial post. If that's the case, then i don't think that's it but i suppose only Sandy knew for sure when he posted it.

Least that's how i understood it (sorry to Aaryanna-mom & Sandy if i misunderstood as well)

[/font][/QUOTE]Thank you hun, posting order is exactly what I was trying to say. Not that everyone had to post first. Only that once say SunfallE posted, she only had to wait for someone else to post to use her death card and to avoid breaking the rules of the site by double posting. I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear on that, I knew what I was trying to say, but I don't think I said it as clearly as I wanted to. :animesigh

[QUOTE=BKstyles][font=tahoma]I am sure neither of your examples are the first to utilize the concept, and i believe Sandy has already stated that Labyrinth was based on another concept. The fact that you listed that both events seem to be based off a certain other event or book under the negative section of your post seems a bit unfair. Why should that have to be considered a negative?

Nowadays it's extremely hard to actually think of something that can be considered totally original. Everything, in some form or fashion will have aspects from an idea done elsewhere anywhere in the world, being in the 21st century that logically seems unavoidable. Not saying it's completely impossible, but who can possibly judge that unless they have been everywhere and seen everything?

Sandy's OB survivor was not only based off of another concept, but it was rather blatant. The name was IN the title. Yet those were wildly succesful (and i'm still waiting for my chance to get in one one *cough cough*). So whether or not it was your intention to deem the idea that both events were taken from an already existing concept as negative, i'm just addressing the fact that it was placed in the section you called "Now for the bad stuff". So if you didn't mean it that way, it's rather misleading considering where it's placed.[/font][/QUOTE]

Sorry, I think that because I was rushing a bit too much, I didn't even realize what I had done. I must have lost my train of thought. By no means did I intend to put the fact that they didn't seem totally original in the negative side. If that were the case, then I would have been contradicting myself in that post. Obviously there's no need to go back and edit what I said so I'll just sum it up in a few quick words since I'm still really really busy.

1) I like both events equally
2) I think that public attraction to the events are base on personal preferences. (Do you like fantasy more or is mystery up your alley??? Or both?)
3) And lastly, I like the concepts as they are. I never meant that any of it should be changed or that anyone should be shot because their idea wasn't completely orginal.

Like I said, I was in such a hurry, that I must have lost my trian of thought. Oh well, what are you gonna do, right? But now that I think about it, I don't even know why I put a negative and posotive side... I guess I was going to put something and forgot so I kept writing withought deleting the "negative" section. My bad! :animeswea

Lastly, I wouldn't know if Sandy had stated that the influence for Labyrinth was from elsewhere. I already said in my last post that I didn't have time to read everyhting. (Yes, I know, I should have made time) But since you said it, I'm curious as to what that influence was. I might like to read/watch/listen/ect. to it.
D!

[quote name='Tekkaman][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Oh yeah, I remember [color=indigo]Desbreko[/color] saying that he couldn't understand the specifics of Mafia in this thread; hopefully, he has been watching and figuring out what's been going on. It's actually very simplistic, fun and mysterious.[/color][/size'][/font][/quote][color=#4B0082]Meh? I hadn't posted in this thread (or any of the others) before this. You must be thinking of someone else.[/color]

Thanks, [B]Darren[/B], your posts were very insightful. ;D I actually haven't read or seen [I]Battle Royale[/I], but I've heard of it. However, I actually based the Labyrinth on the movie [I]Labyrinth[/I] (how orignal is that? ;P) and the boardgame [I]13 Dead End Drive[/I].

Hope what I'm going to say next line doesn't break the "no communication rule", but if it does, it's been broken many times already in this thread.

[B]White[/B], I'm sorry I offended you, but you have to understand that I can't possibly know what goes on behind the scenes because I'm an outside viewer now. So of course I can only assume.

I see now that there was a rather detrimental misunderstanding regarding the post order. I never meant it in a way that Death Cards could be used only after everybody had posted once. I expected the ending to be quick and swift, with everybody trying to eliminate each other's characters before theirs was killed.

But somehow, it just didn't happen. I don't know if anybody can be blamed for that, but of course it makes me feel bad that [I]I[/I] can't do anything about it. Seeing my invention in somebody else's hands bothers me, and it really [I]isn't[/I] personal, White; if you were anybody else, I'd be equally bothered.

And I figure you're just as bothered to see me running [I]your[/I] event, even though you said I'm doing a decent job. :/