OtakuBoards

Mafia [The Town]

Ellerby

[center][img]http://tinyurl.com/y2n6d3[/img][/center]
[FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=DimGray]
[CENTER][b]The Game[/b][/CENTER]

Based on the popular real life game "Mafia." This event will involve 13 members, not including myself or Shy.

Through the Private Messaging system on OtakuBoards, I will send each of the 13 members a "card." There are four cards in total: One Ace (the Detective), one King (the Priest), two Jokers (the Mafia) and cards 2 through 10 (the townsfolk).

[center][img]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/6274/cardshv4.jpg[/img][/center]

The aim of the game is, if you are not the Mafia, to get rid of the Mafia. If you [i]are[/i] the Mafia, however, the aim of the game is to kill off everyone in the town. To do this, the game will go through a one week process involving a few steps.

[center][b]The Steps[/b][/center]

[B]Day 1 and 2:[/B] The entire town "goes to sleep" and the Priest wakes up Private Messaging me with the name of someone they would like to "bless." If this person was the person elected by the Mafia then they do not die. The Priest goes to sleep and the Mafia wake up to PM me with the name of someone they would like to kill. This person will die when the town wakes up. The Mafia go to sleep. The Detective wakes up and Private Messaging me with who they think the Mafia is. If they are right, I will tell them they so. Detective goes to sleep. Town wakes up to find so-and-so dead (unless they were blessed that night).

[b]Day 2 - 4:[/b] The most interesting part of the game. This is the time period in which the town has to "discuss" who they think is the mafia. Only the Mafia, the Priest and the Detective can [b]lie[/b]. The townsfolk [b]may not[/b] lie. Once the time limit is up, the next step begins.

[b]Day 4 - 6:[/b] Accusations. Three members participating in the game will post one member they think is the Mafia and a reason why. Once three accusations have been made, everyone has 2 days to add onto the accusations and after that...

[b]Day 6 and 7:[/b] Defense. The three members that were accused will get one post to defend themselves, responding to the accusations. Once all three defense posts have been made, everyone will PM me with who they vote for and the most popular person is killed off. After this, everyone goes back to sleep and we go back to step 1.

The game ends when either the Mafia kills off all but 3 people (or 1, depending on the amount of Mafia left) or when both Mafia have been hung at trial.

[center][b]Extra Info...[/center][/b]
The nice thing about Mafia is almost anyone can play it and it's just incredibly easy to pick up on. The game still involves a lot of strategy, though. The Mafia must wield the ability to lie correctly or else they may end up screwing themselves over. If the Detective does find out who the Mafia is, he/she's still got to convince other townsfolk that he knows to get rid of them. But you've got to be careful because you might accidentally be trying to convince another Mafia person.

[CENTER][b]To Sign Up![/b][/center]
[CENTER]Simply fill out the following form. Just a few well-written sentences per question is fine.[/CENTER]

[b]Why do you think being Mafia would be the best?[/b]
[b]Why do you think being Townspeople would be the best?[/b]
[b]Have you played a version of Mafia before?[/b][indent][b]If so, did you like it?[/b]
[b]If not, why do you want to try it?[/b][/indent][/FONT][/COLOR]
[b][center]Please ask all questions in the underground! All sign-ups should be posted in this thread.[/center][/b]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I?ve never tried to be a part of one of these events/RPG?s before so I think I?ll give it a try and at least apply. This reminds me a bit of some of the cops and robbers games we use to play when I was in high school with secret notes and such through out the week. ;)

Who doesn?t want to play the bad guy? Especially when in real life the idea of killing someone is something you would never do. That?s the very magic of any form of make believe, pretending to be something you are not.

It?s a great way to try out a real life murder/mystery without any true danger. It?s also a good chance to see if you are clever enough to stop the killers before you are the next victim.

[b]Have you played a version of Mafia before?[/b] [b]If so, did you like it?[/b]

I would assume not as the game I was referring to from my high school days was similar, but quite different than what you?ve posted.

[b]If not, why do you want to try it?[/b]

Because I am curious to see if it?s as much fun and entertaining as the game I played with secret notes being passed around and such. This seems like it would be a variation of it only it?s all done online instead of on the school grounds.

Anyway, I assume that's what's needed for a sign up? If I missed anything just let me know and I'll edit my post. :catgirl:

[size=1][font=Trebuchet MS][color=#006400]Why do you think being Mafia would be the best?

[/color][color=gray]Because the Mafia member will be able to hide amongst his townsfolk assosiates and kill them off silently while turning the blame to someone else; and while I may be a bad liar in fact, I am great when it comes to telling half-truths. I believe I can pull off the Mafia role because I also love to be the 'unique' character - the one who stands out the most but not blatently, though, lol. [/color][/font][/size]

[font=Trebuchet MS][size=1][color=darkgreen]Why do you think being Townspeople would be the best?[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS][size=1][color=gray]Being the Townsfolk would be best because you could try and figure out who the Mafia is by using judgement, wit, skill, and previous knowledge of your allies and enemies. I believe that with the right judgement, an effective townsfolk could ultimately end the game before it begins; picking off the Mafia members one by one.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS][size=1][color=gray][color=darkgreen]Have you played a version of Mafia before?[/color] [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS][size=1][color=gray]No, I haven't.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS][size=1][color=darkgreen]If not, why do you want to try it?[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS][size=1][color=gray]Because [color=darkgreen]White[/color] is creating it, duh!!! =] That's my only reason.[/color][/size][/font]

[color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Its really funny, I was trying my hardest to stay neutral throughout all of these competitions. Yet after reading this you have been able to entice me, arg!

[B]Why do you think being Mafia would be the best?[/B]

Because to be a mafia member you must be able to entwine the townspeople in a lie. You must be able to think quickly on your feet and turn away accusations when someone may have figured out who you are. The only reason I would want to be a Mafia person would to be able to have a chance of being cunning and deceitful towards others.

[B]Why do you think being Townspeople would be the best?[/B]

Deduction my friend. Analysis and deduction would be what would be my driving force of being a towns person. They are presumably left in the dark about who the mafia members. It would be just like an old fashion mystery story -squeal-
[B]
Have you played a version of Mafia before?[/B]

No ;-;

[B]If not, why do you want to try it?[/B]

It just looks so easy and fun to play! What really brought me into it was that there was no need for long grueling posts to write or something of that sort so people who have little free time on their hands would be able to play as well.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]Heck, why not jump in?

[COLOR=DarkRed]Why do you think being the Mafia would be the best?[/COLOR]
Deception. You'd need to be quick on your mental 'feet' to keep your identity hidden and keep plenty of ruses in mind to redirect suspicion to the innocent townsfolk, or better yet, the priest. The detective can be dealt with gradually.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Why do you think being Townspeople would be the best?[/COLOR]
Deductive and intuitive reasoning. This is the part where you get to play Holmes, paying attention to every little detail, looking for fallacies, waiting for the Mafia to make a slip-up in a post. You have to try to anticipate the enemy's ruses and to stay one step ahead, not to mention to be actively looking for the detective (if you aren't It) so you know whose opinion to trust.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Have you ever played a version of Mafia before?[/COLOR]
Yes, and it was quite stimulating.
[COLOR=DarkRed]If so, did you like it?[/COLOR]
Very much so; it's kind of fun to mentally stumble around in the dark, looking for information, or to keep the others in the dark, depending on your 'occupation'. Even if I'm dead it's still fun to watch and root for my (former) teammates, even though I can't give any information. Dead men tell no tales.[/FONT]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple]Whee, OB Events~

[B]Why do you think being Mafia would be the best?[/B]
Honestly? Because it'll be a challenge. You have to lie, and be subtle at all times, never leaving even the slightest clues or connections behind lest you be discovered. I always get a thrill from challenges so this one will be no different really. Plus you have to get the Detective before s/he gets you.

[B]Why do you think being Townspeople would be the best?[/B]
A challenge on a different level of course. The task now being to try to find the Mafia before being killed, and obviously before they win by eliminating everyone. It takes a sharp eye and close analysis to look out for even the smallest clue left behind, which could be the clincher to the 'case'. Honestly, either position has its own pros and cons, both a challenge in its own sense.

[B]Have you played a version of Mafia before?[/B]
I think so, this seems awfully like the game "Murder in the Dark", though it wasn't really as complex, with just the Detective and the Murderer, everyone else was just "townspeople" I guess.

[B]If so, did you like it?[/B]
Yep, definitely. It's always good fun to play, though its only really good with a good sized group of people. But I've always been a lover of detective type games, and things that take analysis and logical thinking.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=#656446][b]Why do you think being Mafia would be the best?[/b]
Finding exploitable gaps in stories and filling them in with that one perfect lie is good exercise for the brain. Gives me a peculiar, if not perverse, sense of fulfillment ? part warm and fuzzy, and part devious. Besides, nobody loves a well-played ruse more than the slicker, yeah?

A gullible townsperson is an asset to the detective and the mafia. And I am an [i]extremely[/i] easy mark. Call me a paranoid turncoat, a craven ditz or just plain undecided ? I'll stick to the gullible girl strategy 'cause it just might take me far enough into the game.

[b]Have you played a version of Mafia before?[/b]
If it's that game where you follow people 'round the campus while looking out for other hitmen... nope, haven't played it.

[b]If not, why do you want to try it?[/b]
By the sound of it, [i]Mafia[/i] demands a fairly respectable amount of cerebration in exchange for a jolly good time. That alone compels me to take part in this Holmesian affair. Let me in on it, my good sir.[/COLOR]

[color=royalblue][size=1]Very nice, [strike]Larb[/strike] White, and certainly different. Fwa-cha!

It would give an excuse to test my writing skills, and see if I can be deceptive or not. It's a chance to lead people on and give the whole spiel of what side you are on, but be able to lie right through that smile. And there is nothing better than cackling when you've led somebody off the path and into the forest. Do you hear a chainsaw? No? Just me?

I actually don't because then you wouldn't be in the feakin' Mafia! But I digress. As a person in the company of the majority of participants, there's a more secure feeling coursing through you if you agree with a person or two. If you're wrong, chances are others are wrong as well. But everybody is different, and if you're right...then you're one of the majority that's right.

Yeap. Essentially, it was the same as this, but in real life in a basement with soda. XD

[b]If so, did you like it?[/b]

I was actually one of the few that wanted to keep on playing it, but the others went to go and play Dynasty Warriors...
But it was a bowl of fun since whenever the doctor (etc.) was killed off, that person would scream at the pedestrian who did so, going, "YOU JUST KILLED YOUR DOCTOR!"

And I really want to re-live that cracked up experince again. +D[/size][/color]

[b]Why do you think being Mafia would be the best?
[/b]More chicks.

[b]Why do you think being Townspeople would be the best?
[/b]If you're not given a specific profession like the other three character groups, you can be anything you want. I call dibs on ice cream man. 8D

[b]Have you played a version of Mafia before?
[/b]Yes, but it was somewhat short and un-fleshed out (which means I still don't have a great grip on the game), and not many people got into it, sadly.

[b]If so, did you like it?[/b]
See above. But the concept is great enough.

[quote name='Katana][color=royalblue][size=1]Essentially, it was the same as this, but in real life in a basement with soda. XD[/size'][/color][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Oh, wow. I can see interesting possibilities with [I]that[/I] scenario. (But not most interesting. [COLOR=DarkRed]Gavin[/COLOR] might eat me.)[/FONT]
[quote name='Katana][color=royalblue][size=1]I was actually one of the few that wanted to keep on playing it, but the others went to go and play Dynasty Warriors...[/size'][/color][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Heh. That's pretty sad. But then, it's a decent enough game. Except for the fifth one. No one should ever be cursed with that monstrosity of a name, Cao Pi.[/FONT]

[size=1]At first I didn't want to join any event, but this concept seems too interesting to let you not have enough enough sign-ups.

Because the whole game resolves around you. How great is that? Without the Mafia, the game would not be 'Mafia'. Logics, my friend.

You're less important to the game, and you have a smaller chance of being killed than the Mafia. Whenever you're killed, however, it doesn't really affect much of the game.

Well, yeah. Though in my version they were called werewolves. They'd awaken at night, kill some village people and then retreat. We didn't really add a detective and a priest, but that part doesn't seem to be a very difficult to understand thing.

[/size]

[color=#9933ff]Hmm... Today's the last day to sign up? Let's see if I can give this a go...

Who [i]wouldn't[/i] want to play the bad guy? Keeping secrets, having power, and deciding things is always fun. There's also something to be said about the excitement of trying to not get caught.

Trying to find out who it is. Everyone loves a good mystery. Being townsperson also involves using your wit and intelligence to determine who is who; who is lying to you and who isn't.

Nope. ^^;;

[b] If not, why do you want to try it?[/b]
It looks so easy, and yet a lot of fun. Even though OB events try to bring the board together, I feel like a lot of them require massive RPGs, and I've never really gotten into the huge roleplaying scene. This sounds pretty easy, kinda of like a party game if you will, and party games always go well.[/color]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma][center][img]http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/2372/mafialogo5copymo3.jpg[/img][/center]

A particularly dark and stormy cloud hung over the town of Ukato. It wasn't long before the sky punished the ground before it and the clouds spit at the villagers. Almost everyone ran into their homes immediately, not wanting to get wet.

Everyone's lights were out due to the strong wind and lack of electricity (save for the Priest, the Detective and the Mafia, who could all afford the expensive necessity). Since the lights were out, the towns people went to sleep. And so did the Detective and the Mafia. For now.

The Priest didn't sleep right away, though. The Priest always went on a nightly walk to check up on everyone and since they were all sleeping, he/she decided to bless one person for the night. And so the Priest sneaked into a house, blessed someone and went to bed.

[CENTER] [b][Priest, please PM me ASAP with who you have blessed. Just a name will do.]

[Person who has been blessed, I will PM you shortly after with the saying "You have been blessed!"][/b][/CENTER]

Then the Mafia woke up. They gathered their weapons and ventured out of their sleeping quarters. And then.. they did it. The first step to taking the town for themselves. They killed someone.

[CENTER][b][Mafia, please talk to each other ASAP and PM me with your victim. Only one of you should PM me. You can decide to take turns on deciding who should die each round if you like. That would make things faster]

[Person who has died. You will not know until the round ends.][/b][/CENTER]

Then the Detective woke up. He/She found the body first, gathered the needed evidence and sounded the alarm to wake up the whole town.
[CENTER]
[b][Detective, please PM me ASAP with who you think the Mafia is. I will reply to you before the round ends telling you if you're right or not.][/b][/CENTER]
[CENTER]
[I]And the town woke up. As soon as all three parties have PMed me, I will post again and the accusations will begin.[/I][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Once everyone was awake, rumors started spreading like weeds.

"Sakura down the street said she heard bustling from next door last night before the murder took place. And we both know who lives [i]there[/i]." Tekkaman said seriously to Katana, who glared at Tekkaman, giving him a "Are you serious?" look.

"It's a good thing the detective and priest keep their identities secret or else they would be the first ones to go." replied Katana. Tekkaman nodded in agreement.

It was around noon when the whole town had gathered in the court room. One of the townspeople, Ikillion, stood up and shouted.

"Something has to be done!" he yelled. "Poor [spoiler]...Delta...[/spoiler] has fallen victim to poisoning and the Detective can't figure out who's done it for the life of him!"

"Or her." noted MistressRoxie, inclining that the Detective could be a woman.

And so, everyone began discussing who they thought the Mafia was. This would continue until seven o' clock, when the accusations and defenses would begin.

[CENTER][i]And now, I leave it up to you guys to discuss for three days who you think the Mafia is. You can use the underground, PM system or whatever you like. But what I suggest you do is add everyone playing on AIM and/or MSN and talk to them whenever they come online. Cheers![/i][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR]

[right][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkgreen](I am making this post with the permission of White.)[/color][/size][/font][/right]

[font=Century Gothic][size=4][color=indigo]The Accusation:[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]I believe that the killer of Delta is, undoubtedly, [size=4][color=indigo]Boo[/color][/size]. Boo - the only one who didn't provide a substantial post whilst accusing me from the beginning - only agreed with Aaryanna_Mom on why I could be the killer and provided no original ideas of his own in the process.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Yes, it is true that lately - Namely, Labyrinth - i've been the crazed trouble-starting killer (Constance's head then exploded...) who's been trying to keep my characters in the dark whilst trying to get others in trouble; but because of my previous actions in another RP, everyone in Mafia seems to think that i'm going to follow suit again in this Event.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Not so, however.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]As i've stated in the Underground in small portions - and to MistressRoxie in it's entirity - I pointed my finger at a random townsfolk first in order to get some discussion out of others; what I did is no different than what debaters and lawyers do, to an extent, in order to get to the truth. When people started taking the bait and posting their opinions in order to counter my own, I started reading the posts of others one by one, hoping to flesh out the criminal.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Sure enough - like a moth to the flourescent lighting - Boo posted exactly what I wanted him to - an 'agreement' with no opinion of his own.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]People who are usually... evil - for lack of a better word - aren't the ones in the spotlight screaming out that they're evil and want to kill you. Events like that are usually what you see in the movies.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]In life, however, the killer hides amongst the innocent and happy people, placing a mask on their face in order to 'blend in' with their environment.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]But everyone slips up, eventually.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Boo made a non-substantial post and knew he did; that's the reason Boo hasn't posted in Mafia since - any counter-argument from himself would've threw the finger pointing towards him -[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]And he thought that the finger pointing was fine and dandy on me.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]This is all I have. Though, no one may think i've thrown hard proof out for examination, I choose to think otherwise; I also believe in my gut, and my gut figured Boo out as soon as he posted.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]That's it. Hopefully everyone will believe in what i've posted as true.[/color][/size][/font]

[FONT=Arial]All right. Since [I]no one[/I] seems to want to discuss [COLOR=DarkRed]T-Man[/COLOR]'s accusation publicly, or quite possibly [I]at all[/I], maybe if I say something here we can get going.

Earlier I posted the possibiliy that [spoiler]...Delta...[/spoiler]'s death may have been a random selection.[/FONT]
[quote name='Me, in Mafia - The Underground][FONT=Arial']What if this was a random murder? From where I stand, this could either be the result of inexperienced Mafia or a veteran player wishing to appear like a greenhorn.[/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]It was a possibility, but not very plausible when examined. In either case (veteran or rookie Mafia player), the most obvious choice would be to eliminate the players who most posed a threat to the Mafia. Looking solely at the sign-up posts (like I have a whole lot else to go on (V_V) ), it appears that we're all pretty evenly matched, so the major deciding factor would be veteran players, i.e., [COLOR=DarkRed]Me[/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkRed]Sakura[/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkRed]Katana[/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkRed]John[/COLOR], and to some extent [COLOR=DarkRed]Boo[/COLOR]. If this [I]were[/I] a random kill, I would have expected one of [I]us[/I] to bite it initially, and not [spoiler]...Delta...[/spoiler]. Also, [spoiler]...Delta...[/spoiler] would have been a valuable asset to the Mafia: sha was the only person who mentioned strategic survival.[/FONT]
[quote name='?????????][COlOR=#656446']Call me a paranoid turncoat, a craven ditz or just plain undecided ? I'll stick to the gullible girl strategy 'cause it just might take me far enough into the game.[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]That statement can work a second way. If the Mafia wished to remain covered, and to have the option for a possible easy scapegoat, they would have capitalized on [spoiler]..Delta...[/spoiler]'s "gullibility" and used her as an ally for as long as necessary. The fact that such an asset now lies poisoned in her own bed, along with the fact that she was new to the game, indicates that there was another reason for removing her from the event.

Over the past week, I've noticed a certain...reluctance to post on the part of the players. It seems to me that all involved are more concerned with surviving to the end of the game than with actually rooting out the Mafia, suggesting that the players consider Mafia a win/lose game. If we assume that suggestion to be true, then in all likelihood little personal grudges are allowed into the situation, and now the murder(s) may have underlying motives. As I was doing my thinking, I stumbled across a few items that may support [COLOR=DarkRed]Tekkaman[/COLOR]'s theory.

It is entirely possible that [COLOR=DarkRed]Boo[/COLOR] killed [spoiler]Delta[/spoiler]. [COLOR=DarkRed]Boo[/COLOR] was a participant in [spoiler]Delta[/spoiler]?s [HB!] (Handicap Battles!) event for graphic designers on the OB. Although [COLOR=DarkRed]Boo[/COLOR] managed to win a spot in the final three, he hated the handicaps, and was defeated by [COLOR=DarkRed]Ezekiel[/COLOR] in the pre-final match, in which there was only one vote (in [COLOR=DarkRed]Ezekiel[/COLOR]?s favor, obviously).
[quote name='Boo, in {HB!} White vs. Boo][SIZE=1']And I must say you did one hell of a good job to make this round as annoying as possible. My piece will be really bad, I'm hope you're happy with yourselves ;-; *sobs in a corner*[/SIZE][/quote]
[QUOTE=Boo in {HB!} Ezekiel vs. Boo][SIZE=1]Are you kidding?... You can't expect me to seriously make an entry again?.

There. Stupid round, even worse than the last one. I was hoping for some more fun handicaps for this one, but they're still a pain in the ***.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[quote name='Boo in {HB!} Battle Royale][SIZE=1']Bleh, I'm not joining. I'm sick of the whole HB! thing.[/SIZE][/quote]
Later, [COLOR=DarkRed]Boo[/COLOR] and [spoiler]Delta[/spoiler] were both participants in [COLOR=DarkRed]White[/COLOR]?s [OBWT] (OtakuBoards Worm Tournament)
[QUOTE=Boo in {OBWT} Underground][SIZE=1]Okay, I'll just try a competition again.

But don't you use lame handicaps! >:O[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[quote name='?????? in {OBWT} Underground][COLOR=#656446']Ah, how perfect. Since most of the members I love most/wanna pummel to the ground are here, I suppose the most rational thing to do now is join in the fun. Sign me up![/COLOR][/quote]
[COLOR=DarkRed]Boo[/COLOR] got his payback vs. [COLOR=DarkRed]Ezekiel[/COLOR] in [OBWT] Round Three, but in the final match, he and [COLOR=DarkRed]Retribution[/COLOR], teamed against [spoiler]Delta[/spoiler] and [COLOR=DarkRed]Kitty[/COLOR], failed to make the deadline and lost by default.
[quote name='White in {OBWT} Round 4: Retribution and Boo vs. ?????? and Kitty][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Well, looks like the round is over. Retribution and Boo have failed to submit their pieces in on time (and even a few days after the deadline) so that makes [spoiler]Delta[/spoiler] and Kitty the winners! Congratulations to you two and thank you for actually caring about the contest.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
Motive? Get-backing at [spoiler]...Delta..[/spoiler] for the hated handicaps and the [OBWT] defeat (and possibly [COLOR=DarkRed]White[/COLOR], what with that last comment).
Opportunity? Well duh. It?s Mafia.

I would like to point out that this little bit of reasoning was done independently of [COLOR=DarkRed]Tekkaman[/COLOR]'s accusation. I did no searching at his urging, so while my statement seems to ally us, it might be better to wonder if, in fact, he's right.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial]Over the past week, I've noticed a certain...reluctance to post on the part of the players. It seems to me that all involved are more concerned with surviving to the end of the game than with actually rooting out the Mafia, suggesting that the players consider Mafia a win/lose game. If we assume that suggestion to be true, then in all likelihood little personal grudges are allowed into the situation, and now the murder(s) may have underlying motives. As I was doing my thinking, I stumbled across a few items that may support [COLOR=DarkRed]Tekkaman[/COLOR']'s theory.[/FONT][/quote]I?m not sure if I can agree with the statement that a lack of involvement indicates a desire to survive. A person has been cruelly murdered and though survival is on our minds, I would imagine that the shock of seeing a fellow townsperson dead has rendered some people speechless as they just cannot imagine anyone having a motive for killing Delta.

Boo may have had a dislike for aspects of the graphics tournament, but Delta as you can see here: [QUOTE=Delta][COLOR=#656446][SIZE=1]My dear fellows, things are getting pretty boring around here. I propose we take on a new project. No, it's not another tournament; it's something that will be useful not only to us but to other members as well.

A series of tutorials for those who wish to learn and are interested in graphic design is what I have in mind. The essentials (making borders, image extraction, etcetera) will be covered first and then perhaps we could move on to more advanced and specific subjects like rendering objects from scratch.

Time to do a little public service.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Was all for helping graphic artists improve their skills so I find it hard to believe that Boo who put forth suggestions as you can see here: [quote name='Boo][size=1']What if you try gathering the tutorials to unleash a bunch them at one time and request an announcement for the whole idea? >:3[/size][/quote]In the very same project would then turn around and murder someone who they themselves supported in their endeavors.

Boo?s objections in the graphics contest were too spread out and not directly solely at a single member so I feel that the evidence is a bit too flimsy for a guilty verdict.

[size=1]At least Allomorph was inventive with his arguments, and Aaryanna_Mom with her counter arguments.

Tekkaman, you didn't give any valid arguments [i]at all[/i]. You just waited for the first person to agree with someone so you could try pin the blame on them (me in this case).[/size]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]So, are you suggesting that i'm the killer now because you say that I didn't provide information at all when I blamed you for the death? If you are, then, by all means, don't mind me laughing in the background.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]If that's not what you mean, however, then stop crying; because of the lack of evidence you had when you accused me in the [color=indigo]Underground[/color], I don't think you have a right to tell me that I had no evidence against you.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]I provided more than two paragraphs for starters...[/color][/size][/font]

[size=1][QUOTE=Boo, Mafia Underground][size=1]Aaryanna's Mom has shown us some strong evidence. I'd like to add to her story with a fact: Right after the crime Tekkamon was the first to point their finger at somebody. In this case Katana, who happened to live nearby.

It is clear that Tekkamon commited the crime at this place, so that they could put the blame on Katana. It was obviously all part of their master scheme. The plan was made in the mind of a person with an obscene liking towards evil. If this isn't enough proof, his evil laughter is.[/size][/QUOTE] [/size]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Oh, and i'm aware that we're 'playing' here, but I needed to answer your recent post.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]...And aren't you supposed you be building a defense - or was that it [color=indigo]([i]Another[/i] two paragraphs)[/color]?[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]You know I [color=indigo]<3[/color] ya, [color=indigo]Boo[/color]. :animesmil[/color][/size][/font]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma][center][img]http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/7240/boongbz0.jpg[/img][/center]

[center]It seems as though the majority of you have not been convinced enough to vote Boo guilty. We will now go onto the next accusation from [b]Sakura[/b] who will be accusing [b]Tekkaman[/b]. Please do not post until Sakura has posted. Sakura, please make your accusation post now.*[/center]

[SIZE=1]*Once Sakura does this, please talk all you want in the underground about what you think but only post in the town if it relates directly to Tekkaman being Innocent or Guilty. I will let this go on for three days before Tekkaman makes his defense post. Tekkaman you may not post until I tell you it is okay.

When Tekkaman's defensive post is up, I will give a one day period to take in votes. Since everyone was a little bit late last time during voting, I'm putting this time restriction on. If you think Tekkaman is guilty, you will PM me saying so. If you think he is innocent you don't have to PM me.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Navy]Hmm, I seemed to have put myself in quite a tight spot actually, because I don't know what to say and don't have a strong argument like others.

Firstly I'll just say that I personally don't have anything against Tekkaman, but this is how the game works.

Well....Tekkaman was a target of the group pretty much straight away after his first post. A reason that was mentioned was because he was first to post, but that will be discluded seeing as it isn't valid for a case since [I]someone[/I] has to speak first. But this also may have been an attempt to show that he's innocent by being first to speak up.

It could be a tactic that he's been very active in the Underground thread, trying to draw attention to others such as Boo. Of course trying to show yourself as innocent is allowed, but some of his reasonings behind suspecting others is weak. He even admitted in his Accusation post that he was just picking out random townsfolk.

The fact that he was [I]very[/I] defensive when he was talking. Again, it's ok to try to show your innocence, but the way it came out seemed like he was trying to hide something as if he were guilty and started panicking since people were getting on his trail.

The last reason is that he admits to it.

[QUOTE=Tekkaman][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]So what would everyone think if I said I [u]was[/u] the killer?[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Would you all believe me then?[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Sure, I killed [color=indigo]Delta[/color]; that's what everyone thinks anyway. So if my death proves otherwise - then so be it.[/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

Heh, it may have been sarcastic or whatever, but he still said it *shrugs*. And Townspeople aren't allowed to lie, seeing as he did, that means he's the Mafia, Priest or Detective, increasing the chances that he's the culprit.

There were also many others that made strong points in the Underground thread which lead me to suspect Tekkaman strongly. Though it could be someone that has kept quiet. For now we can only go on what we have.

It's really not much, but that's it.[/COLOR]

In thinking about it, I've revised my logic a bit. So before voting time arrives, let's consider a few things:

1) If you're on the fence about anything, you should vote innocent anyway. The bare odds that he's mafia are very low, so presumption of innocence applies here automatically.

2) Like Allamorph said, if Tekkaman was Mafia, he probably wouldn't have raised so much attention to himself, something which applies to all the positions of power in this game, really. (Not to say that the people who aren't posting very much are [i]much[/i] more likely to be a special player. Most of 'em are just lazy bastards, we all know that. :P)

3) When Tekkaman made the argument about him killing Delta, it was obviously only a "what-if" situation, not a confession. Much like OJ what's-his-face *badum-pssh!*.

Actually, it?s not at all uncommon for those who are the guilty party to get the others riled up by throwing out accusations left and right. I don?t know the name for it, but some people enjoy creating situations where they can enjoy the ensuing chaos.

So in that respect Tekkaman has really put themselves in the spotlight by being too random in their accusations and then shrugging it off as a simply means to drag the killer into light. And yet I wonder if the first person they accused was going to be hanged, if they would do anything to stop it? After all they knew their accusation was only to get the real killer to come forward.

And as Sakura said, they then fell back on the poor me stance in that now you think I?m guilty and joked about saying they did indeed kill Delta. A joke that was then quickly followed up by this statement: [quote name='Tekkaman][color=#696969][font=Century Gothic][size=2]If I do - in fact - get hung on my 22nd birthday tomorrow, i'm going to be really upset. :animesmil [/color][/size'][/font][/quote]Which is really a form of emotional blackmail designed to make you feel sorry for them.

So now I?m back to wondering if Tekkaman really is the killer after all.

[color=#9933ff]In regards to Sakura's accusation that Tekkaman is the killer, I would have to disagree entirely on this point.

Tekkaman's "confession" that he killed [spoiler]...Delta...[/spoiler] was complete sarcasm, even an idiot should be able to see that. :/ And if you still want to maintain that his statement should be taken seriously (*rolls eyes*), as Sakura pointed out it still leaves him as either one of the mafia, the detective, or the priest. He's still got a 50% chance of not being the mafia, and that's [i]after[/i] you've decided to ignore language and rhetoric.

I have to say, if the purpose is to keep talking to flesh out the criminal, Tekkaman has been a very active member of the whole game (probably the biggest poster), and he has yet to incriminate himself at all. You can look back at all his posts - they speak for themselves, IMO.

I'd also like to say that I've talked to him over AIM, and he's said enough to convince me even further that he's not the mafia. I've never ever thought of him as the mafia, but my conversation with him is just more proof that he's not. I don't feel I have any obligation to discuss the conversation word for word (private convos are private convos), but Tekkaman said a lot to me. And I mean a lot, and not once did he say anything that could make me suspicious that he's the mafia.

I find it interesting that even though he accused [i]me[/i], first, I was still able to come to the conclusion that he was innocent. I understand he was only eager to begin the game and hunt for the mafia, and chose my name at random, so that others would start posting. Just because Tekkaman posted first doesn't necessarily make him a killer. ;)[/color]