OtakuBoards

What are you good at?

2010DigitalBoy

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Everyone's good at something, so what skills do you got? Great artist? writer? Good at your job? Salesman? Know how to punch in combos on your controller faster than you can blink? Tell us here!

If I have an excess of any skill, it's thinking. Most of my time is spent pondering the great questions (and falling in and out of stress with it). I'm also great with psychology and understanding the thought process. I'm always looking for something that will stump me (and I'm honestly having a hard time finding it lol).

Also, I'm an okay writer. I lack the dedication to write anything and I'm bad at situation calculating (my stories are so boring sometimes...). My writing skill mostly lies in grammer. I say lotsa big words.

Other than that, I'm a dry well.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Tahoma]I rock at making amazing posts for the OB.

^Just [I]try[/I] to top that.

Also, I seem to be a pretty good editor. If something's spelled worng it bugs me a lot until someone fixes it. Or if something doesn't make sense, I can just feel it and I need to change it. Oh wait....that's called OCD...[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='2006DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']I'm always looking for something that will stump me (and I'm honestly having a hard time finding it lol).[/COLOR][/quote]

[color=crimson]Then finding something to stump you stumps you.

I'm an okay writer, a pretty bad satirist and a fantastic pillow. I have other skills I guess. None of them are that interesting though.

Well, I guess I should come clean and say I too happen to be a GREAT FANTASTIC THINKER LOL of our generation and spend [strike]tons[/strike] [strike]lots[/strike] [strike]some[/strike] [i]humongous[/i] amounts of time pondering the deeper underlying questions in life.

Hard out here for a pimplosopher. Gettin' harder every day.[/color]

[quote name='Lava Lamp][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Tahoma]Oh wait....that's called OCD...[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

[color=crimson]Oh noes.[/color]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][quote name='Lava Lamp][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Tahoma]I rock at making amazing posts for the OB.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
If only it were true!

I write pretty good, can crack out a webdesign occasionally, know PHP like the back of a hand that's missing a finger, and give great cunnilingus. These are my claims to fame.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]I'm typically good at everything. Uhmm...seriously. ^L^

Nah, i'm kidding.

I am good at....well, i can't think of anything i'm really great at, just a bunch of things i'm alright at. I'm pretty good with math, i'm an alright writer, most people think i have a decent sense of humor, i'm fairly sarcastic, i'm a decent guitarist, i draw better than most, and i'm good at DDR. Oh...and i guess i play bassoon and alto sax alright. I also love to think and debate. If anybody wants to debate with me then let's get this thing a goin'. ^L^

In my opinion i'm not that good at any of those things, but others seem fairly impressed when i show off with some of them. I just think people are easily impressed.

Oh...and i'm arrogant. ^J^
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=DeathKnight][color=crimson]Then finding something to stump you stumps you.

Well, I guess I should come clean and say I too happen to be a GREAT FANTASTIC THINKER LOL of our generation and spend [strike]tons[/strike] [strike]lots[/strike] [strike]some[/strike] [i]humongous[/i] amounts of time pondering the deeper underlying questions in life.

Hard out here for a pimplosopher. Gettin' harder every day.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Oh wow, mocking someone as they mock themselves. A double wammy :sleep: I apologize if I sound like I take myself too seriously, but honestly my intent was to imply that my skill is actually nonexistant as I have never progressed anything.

EDIT (to stay on topic): I suppose I am somewhat a skilled singer. There were a couple times where I was said to be good, and others (from the same judges, even) when I was told I am terrible. I wish I could get a straight answer cuz I really love singing, but if I'm bad then I'll stop.[/COLOR]

Ooh! This looks like fun!!

I can think. I can write and draw. I'm not a bad singer and a awsome actress. I'm awsome at fighting games(like soul caliber and Tekken.) I do, however, lack the discpline for learning an instrument. :animeswea I am a good fighter. And I too am a great pillow! Not toi mention, My weirdness and twisted-ness. I'm good at weird and twisted.Oh, yes and I can Daydream. I'ts so fun and I really am good at that.

[quote name='2006DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']Oh wow, mocking someone as they mock themselves. A double wammy :sleep: I apologize if I sound like I take myself too seriously, but honestly my intent was to imply that my skill is actually nonexistant as I have never progressed anything.[/COLOR][/quote]

[color=crimson]Dealing with Phaedrus' hubris has left me sour to all other would-be pseudo philosophers, skilled or not.

So it's not you. It's me. Let's be friends. *hugs!*

And to stay on topic, I'm actually an awesome cook. I can cook and bake numerous things that taste really good. Good food can heal many things. I usually stick with simplier recipes but I'm interested in trying to cook some more exotic, unique stuff.[/color]

[font=arial][size=1]I'm apparently known for giving people awesome hugs, and also for cheering people up right when they need it. I'm also aware of a few people who consider me the best artist at my high school, and I am not, this girl in my AP Art class beasts me, they just don't know her.[/font][/size]

[quote name='RiflesAtRecess][font=arial][size=1]I'm apparently known for giving people awesome hugs, and also for cheering people up right when they need it. I'm also aware of a few people who consider me the best artist at my high school, and I am not, this girl in my AP Art class beasts me, they just don't know her.[/font'][/size][/quote]

Oh ,yes, hugs. Well, that's more of marcus's, julie's and Hilel's talent. I am however somewhat random (Karina's better at that than I am).

[quote name='DeathKnight][color=crimson']Dealing with Phaedrus' hubris has left me sour to all other would-be pseudo philosophers, skilled or not.[/color][/quote]There's a reason I'm staying well away from the inanimate objects thread. Philosophy is what it is only when it stays attentive to the few basic and utterly crucial questions that have been there since the beginning: what is a being?; how are beings initially [I]given[/I] to me, that is, how does a thinking thing (the greek [I]noein[/I], which recently had an anime named after it, can translate as both thinking and perception) basically perceive beings in an immediate and unreflective way?; how is the thinking thing (e.g. human being) unique?; what is truth, as distinct from falsity?; what is the good, and how is it important to thinking?; maybe a couple of others that don't come to mind right now. In any case, declaring everything "subjective" is no longer doing philosophical work. It has ceased to approach these issues in a fundamental way. It is to use a philosophical determination [I]already arrived at[/I] to hammer every question into rubble, without at all having clarified the basic elements of [i]what a "subject" is, how we are to take the "chaos" that is the exterior world, and what this "mind" is that supposedly makes up all reality[/i]. Any "philosophy" that doesn't pay attention to the basic preliminary clarity of its terms and axioms - and that [I]always[/I] means attending to the few age-old questions above - is anything but philosophical.

Oh, the topic itself? Uhh, I'm not really good at very much. I know a lot of Star Wars trivia, if that counts.

[QUOTE=Fasteriskhead]There's a reason I'm staying well away from the inanimate objects thread. Philosophy is what it is only when it stays attentive to the few basic and utterly crucial questions that have been there since the beginning: what is a being?; how are beings initially [I]given[/I] to me, that is, how does a thinking thing (the greek [I]noein[/I], which recently had an anime named after it, can translate as both thinking and perception) basically perceive beings in an immediate and unreflective way?; how is the thinking thing (e.g. human being) unique?; what is truth, as distinct from falsity?; what is the good, and how is it important to thinking?; maybe a couple of others that don't come to mind right now. In any case, declaring everything "subjective" is no longer doing philosophical work. It has ceased to approach these issues in a fundamental way. It is to use a philosophical determination [I]already arrived at[/I] to hammer every question into rubble, without at all having clarified the basic elements of [i]what a "subject" is, how we are to take the "chaos" that is the exterior world, and what this "mind" is that supposedly makes up all reality[/i]. Any "philosophy" that doesn't pay attention to the basic preliminary clarity of its terms and axioms - and that [I]always[/I] means attending to the few age-old questions above - is anything but philosophical.

Oh, the topic itself? Uhh, I'm not really good at very much. I know a lot of Star Wars trivia, if that counts.[/QUOTE]

So that's why my thread is confuseing?

Star wars rules!! So does star trekk, Alien, Predator and My fair lady (no clue where that one came from.) I'm a good movie junkie too.

Hmm...I like this topic...

I'm good at something that society says is good to be at (that confused me) and that's kissing and somethin' else I ain't gonna say heh heh, but some other things that I'm noticed for at being good at are writing stories, I love writing them, and poetry because I'm constantly lost in thought, and my favorite relaxing because once you see me relaxing it makes you seriously think, "wow, he's good at that".

And just because I'm in a good mood something I'm bad at is computers...I'll never get a hang of 'em.

Guest Phaedrus
I'd like to think I am a decent runner. At this point, 4 miles is a cakewalk. Soon enough I will run half a marathon, then a full marathon of 26 miles.

I like to chase ghosts, the gistful essence that generates from the fabric of all things, haunting into our souls and geisting us in possesion.

I'm no writer of righters. . .I am a left-handed right-brained entity, an anachronism in this day and age, and I am befuddled and constantly in awe as to what I can never understand, but only get a ghost of. . .I'm no philosopher. I am Phaedrus, a lone wolf chasing the carcasses of dying dreams, with blood-stained claws and crimson teeth. I wander upon the chaotic plains of a lack of a belief structure, a carnivorous curmudgeon cessating all mens' stratified layers of belief and apparent "knowledge."

Watch your stay, or I might pounce upon you, in a beastly madness of frustration.

I look in the mirror and I am becoming a ghost myself. . .

I am actually quite kind and sincere, but my sincereity is taken for hubris, and my extrapolations of madness taken as pure madness, rather than a kindness.

There's much madness in love, and kindness is an aspect of love.

Yet, text is hard to impart intonations and CHANGE within anyone. CHANGE in general is a very hard thing, other than the kind which clinks and clanks in one's pocket, and which is obtained only to give away. But the type of change I speak of is not earned, but gained, and it is not given away, but kept.

What am I good at. . .well,

What is good, Phaedrus?
Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

I know what is good, and those are the things I do well.

[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=2]Well im not good at much but I do know I am good at correcting things that others have written, pretty good at drawing (although my skill deteriorated over the summer) and can make a pretty good lemon chiffon cake with a lemon glaze. oh and phaedrus I like your signature.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Hmmm....well, I guess there's only one thing i'm pretty good at, and that is bowling. I mean, i'm not a pro or anything, but i'm pretty close. I guess i'm good at bowling because I simply enjoy it. Oh, and I guess i'm good at being smart. And by that I mean that I am the Vice President of the Beta Club at my high school. Which happen's to be the most prestigious club you can be in, and it's only for smart people.:p So, yeah, that's about all i'm good at.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Once again (Just like I posted in 'What aren't you good at?") I'm good at a couple of things.

I'm good at video games. I've won a couple of tournaments and I've gotten second and third a couple of times also. My brothers and I play video games and we are actually going to a torunament this week going into next week. Its in Dallas, its on Saturday and Monday. Its only a couple of hours for the drive. So, thats one thing I'm good at.

Well, this might sound stupid and sad, but thats all I can think of - and I've sat here for about 10 mins. Ugh, thats very very sad.

Thanks for your time anyway,

Dae

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]I'm more of a artistic and creative person, so I'm good at certian things in that area.

I guess I should say what I'm known at being good for is writing stories or RPs, singing, drawing, GFX, talking while being funny and giving hugs to everyone. I'm one of those people that don't really care what anyone says and do what I love to the best of my ability to make great things. It's just the way I am... lawls.

I would say what I'm most awesome at is taking care of live things, such as puppies, babysitting, etc. I get a lot of recommendations and people call me all the time to babysit their kids. I love and adore kids and puppies because of how innocent and cute they are (well... sometimes maybe). But, just because I like taking care of other people's kids, doesn't mean I want any of my own when I grow up. >.>;

EDIT: Oh my gawd, I can't believe I forgot to say that I'm good at video games!! What the heck?! XD

Anyways, I'm pretty awesome at RPGs, fighting games and DDR. No one can beat me at the last two when they come over my house. It's so awesome cause they're all jealous and try to play me again.. but I lose. I even started the DDR fad at my school because everyone thought it was so awesome and wated to beat me sooner or later. Go figure. :P[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

All the things that I'm good at are poetry cause i love writing poems and I am good at rhyming. Also I'm athletic and goof at running, boxing, and basketball every thing but bowling and swiming i cant swim. :animecry: I forgot I'm good at advertising and everything in a buisness area thats about it.

I love boxing best sport ever :wigout:

[FONT=Tahoma]I'll try to keep this rather short so it dosen't seem like i'm boasting to anybody. Which typically happens when i go into deep detail about what i am good at.

I'm a great writer, whether it be stories, essays, poems, RPs, etc etc. I'm great at giving advice when people are open enough to try and understand my methods of helping them, as they usually seem cryptic at first though they vary from situation to situation. Hm, and...i'm awesome at video games :D, who wants some *makes punching motions*.

Sure...there's more. But these are what I'm most proud of.[/FONT]

Well I'm told I'm a pretty darn good writer. :animeshy: Come now. I figure I'm a mediocre writer at best.

Really though I can write some. I find it easier to write about people going out into the world and contributing to society by being a model citizen than taking part in this joy myself. The only challenge with writing is finishing what I started. Plus I can't write lyrics or poems or anything. Just stories.

And I can...I can...I suppose I can sing a little bit. I mean I'm far from being a professional but it's something I enjoy and I don't break glass with my voice, so I guess that counts for something.

*Sighs* I thought this would be easy but I really can't think of what I'm good at!

[SIZE=1]well, there's not too much.
I [I]was[/I] a good dj, but since I relocated to England
I've spent more time away from music and
more time playing video games [which I [I][U]think[/I][/U] I'm good at]
since I suffer from a mass of mental and physical disorders [ADD, clinical depression, short term memory loss just to name a few] I now have this giant well
of useless information, most of it retaining to video games.
oh, I'm good at running, and tennis. ^_^

-[STRIKE]Leon[/STRIKE] Dario[/SIZE]

Probably the only thing I?m good at is playing the Cello. I do fairly well in school, but I don't seem to have the knack for getting all A's like my friend Crystia does, but I get close enough to make me happy. Then I do semi okay in video games because I don?t have the patience for some of the racing and fighting games. And that about sums it up.