OtakuBoards

The OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty of 2006 (Nominations Thread)

Shy

[font=verdana][center][size=5]The OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty[/size][/center][/font]

Welcome to the OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty of 2006. In this thread we will continue our grand tradition of awarding various aspects and members of our totally nifty community. Those of you new to the idea may have some questions...

[size=3][b]What is it again?[/b][/size]

To put it simply, it’s a list of the fifty members, threads, or things that have made the OtakuBoards community great (‘nifty’) in the past year. You, the members, are going to nominate your favorites here in this thread, and the fifty best nominees will be chosen for the list.

[size=3][b]So whoever gets the most nominations wins?[/b][/size]

No, it doesn’t actually work like that this time around. This particular event is about choosing the best, and sometimes the best don’t receive the recognition they deserve. While one thing may receive seventeen nominations, another might only get one. It’s about quality here, not votes. Make sure that your arguments are strong in your nominations, because that will be the deciding factor.

[size=3][b]Sounds incredibly subjective, don’t it?[/b][/size]

Yeah, it kind of is. But we’re an equal opportunity offender here at OtakuBoards. To make sure that members from every clique and segment of the site is fairly represented, [b]The Nifty Fifty Committee[/b] will be assembled to compile the final list, the OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty of 2006.

[size=3][b]Who are in this Nifty Fifty Committee?[/b][/size]

I’m sorry, that’s classified information. You can’t know that yet. They know who they are, and that’s all that matters for now. You’ll know when the final list is compiled. Fair enough?

[size=3][b]What kinds of things should be nominated?[/b][/size]

Anything, really. Members who really stood out this year, threads that had a big impact, great memories, current events that affected the boards in some way. Use your imagination, as I’d like a very broad spectrum of things to be present on the list.

[size=3][b]How do I nominate?[/b][/size]

I’m glad you asked. Here’s the simple form required for a nomination.

[quote][b]What is it?
Why was it nifty?[/b][/quote]
That’s it! Some of you may still be unsure of this, though, so here's a few examples. Please keep in mind [b]EACH MEMBER MAY ONLY NOMINATE UP TO TEN THINGS![/b]

[quote][b]What is it?[/b] [i]Team Hanzo Thread Ratings[/i]

[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] [i]Since 'Kill Adam' came out, many members have been trying to outdo one another in terms of graphic violence and sexual content in their RPGs. The thread ratings made it safe for minors to go back into The Arena. Also, the guy who made them is incredibly handsome.[/i][/quote]
[quote][b]What is it?[/b] [i]Bio[/i]

[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] [i]With less than 100 posts Bio became a moderator for the Arena Underground, and a darn good one at that. He managed to really give the forum some order, and the whole area has improved greatly because of him.[/i][/quote]
[quote][b]What is it?[/b] [i]"Having a Jessica Simpson Moment"[/i]

[b]Why was it nifty?[/b] [i]"The point of this thread is to ask if you've ever had one of those moments where your brain simply ceases to function for brief periods of time and it caused some slight emberassment..."[/i][/quote]

Your nominations can be as long or as short as you want. Any links or images you'd like to include in your nominations are more than welcome. Just try to make your case fairly compelling, because there's going to be a whole lot of competition! Best of luck to you, and I expect this list to be a great tribute to the past year at OtakuBoards.

For a look back at last year's nominations, look at [url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=44769]this link.[/url]

Any questions regarding the Nifty Fifty can be asked in this thread, or via PM.

[u]All nominations are due by January 31st. The final list will be posted a few days after.[/u]

[size=1]-Shy[/size]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][color=royalblue]First post, saweet. +D

Let's jump right in!

[b]What is it?[/b] The OtakuBoards Graphic Worm
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] The fact that graphic artists from all walks of styles could come together and make a harmonious piece simply made it something to behold. There's something about working together with others and having that strange feeling in your gut of [i]Is my piece going to work?[/i] that draws one to it. The OBGW was about blending pieces and styles, not standing out on your own, and to make something of unity that could be admired.

I have to leave now. Perhaps I shall continue this later. *bricked*[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]What is it? [/B] Boo
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] Because it's a Boo! No, really, Boo is one of the silliest, happiest people I have ever met on the Interwebs. He's really fun to talk to online, and he collaborated with me on a Discworld RP which - while it died rather rapidly - was fun to create.

[B]What is it? [/B] Vicky
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] Because Vicky is creative, and a great person to bounce ideas off of. She has wonderful writing talent, and very good ideas for both original projects and adding original twists to old RPG standards. Plus she likes Billy Idol. (+10 Cool Points)

[B]What is it? [/B] Dragon Warrior
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] He's silly, friendly and crazy, has great taste in hats, great taste in music and great ideas.

[B]What is it? [/B] The Pack
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] Where my pack at? It's nifty because they've lifted me from single-handedly defending the Square/Inn from the ravages of bad grammar to being able to do things other than check the Inn every forty minutes to shut things down. (Now I check the Inn every forty minutes for new signups. Vast improvement, I think.) So yeah! Blayze, Zeke, Sandy - Nifty is you and nifty is us. Bring on the next years' n00bs!

[B]What is it? [/B] The OtaKuties
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] Because it's a different kind of contest, one I haven't seen here before. It's more accessible than the planning and tough work necessary for the latest contests that have been going on, most likely because it's just for fun, but I like the looks of it a lot and can't wait for it to start. :)

[B]What is it? [/B] The Graphic Worm
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] I would like to quote Katana, and add that it is the best looking collaboration I have seen between so many people.

[B]What is it? [/B] [game] Draw my character!
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] Who doesn't like getting their characters drawn in different styles? Who doesn't like drawing already created characters? I know [i]I[/i] like it, and - by golly - when it comes down to it that's really all that matters. *thumps hand against desk* Seriously, though. It's a great idea, one that both gives you something to do and something to look forward to.

[B]What is it? [/B] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=52603&page=1&pp=15]Threads[/url] like [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?p=741364]these[/url] [Or, as a blanket, the fun-loving-members-in-general]
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] Because they show OB members at their best - being obnoxious and silly without really being mean. =D[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[b]What is it?[/b] Otakupedia
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] Because it was destined to happen. OB has brought anonymous people together and had them interact in such a plethora of intense and interesting ways over such a (comparatively) long period of time that it just might have one of the richest histories of any message board [i]in[/i] history. It's only natural that all this lore should eventually be compiled in a Wikipedia-esque format.

[size=1][font=arial][b]What is it?[/b] Jakehammaren
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] He's the most metal member on the the 'Boards and he keeps all the Nu-Metal members in check. He makes threads about bands with names you can't pronounce and if you don't like it, he'll give you a through blast beating.

[b]What is it?[/b] DeadSeraphim
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] The man's a comic genius, he alone accounts for nearly two thirds of my AIM quote away messages. When I'm down, he picks me up... and throws me down a flight of stairs. He turned me into the band Neil Perry, and then The Locust, and now apparently I'm a sexy RnB singer. I'm glad I have Alan around so I can be all these wonderful things.

More later.[/font][/size]

Is it this time of the year already? ;D

[B]What is it?[/B] New members with numbers on their names
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] Because everytime I've seen a new member like ElAlo4321, SasukeUchiha321 or mangamaniack21 posting something to the Adventure Square/Inn, I can always tell for sure that there's bound to be some action ahead. It's all in the numbers...

[B]What is it?[/B] Doublehex
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] This guy can create the most detailed fictional worlds, like Argo Arx Arcanum, the academy of war and magic in [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=55878][I]Citius Altius Fortius[/I][/url] and the fantasy realm of Areth in [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=55146][I]Summoners of the New Age[/I][/url], and I personally feel lucky to have been able to see them come to life in Adventure Square and OB Anthology. The amount of background information he comes up is overflowing, but very gratifying when you get to sink into those worlds.

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]This is my first time doing something like this and let me tell you, i've been waiting for the Nifty Fifty just so I could put in my input! Yay! [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]*Throws leftover confetti from New Year's*[/b][/color][/size][/font]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#808080][b]--------------------------------------------------[/b][/color][/size][/font][/center]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]1) What is it?[/b] BKstyles[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]Why is it Nifty?[/b] Because BK, with his constant planning for something new, his unblemished attitude, and funny disposition on and off the site, is a truly dedicated member of OtakuBoards. He always tries his best at whatever he posts and lets others know he's only there to help, even when the person he's helping doesn't want it. For these reasons mainly, he's truly Nifty on OB.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]2) What is it?[/b] Mafia [Event][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]Why is it Nifty?[/b] Mafia is the cornerstone of future events [and possibly RP's] in OB. The game is wicked inventive and it's simplistic, causing you not only to think and outwit your opponent[s], but allowing you to have fun at the same time. This game [unlike others] doesn't mean you have to go through the tedious process of 'creating' a character nor do you have to post in character. This event places you, the member, into the game with only your wits to survive. In the end, you'll be begging the creator of the game to create a new series of Mafia to follow in it's footsteps. Truly, truly nifty in my book.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]3) What is it?[/b] Citius Altius Fortius [RP][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]Why is it Nifty?[/b] Aside from the drawbacks of the RP (burn-outs, trying to fit character in the story, etc...) and the number of people who seemed to have stopped posting (Myself included), Citius Altius Fortius (CAF) was indeed masterful work by Doublehex. Till this day, I wouldn't be able to explain how his RP appealed to my eye because I thought it was going to be extremely complex to understand. However, I was one of the first to sign up for the RP.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Though it is unfortunate that both RP's died, CAF will never be forgotten; it was one of Doublehex's finest pieces of work and i'd love to see the RP be forever remembered in the Nifty Fifty.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]4) What is it?[/b] Papa Smurf[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]Why is it Nifty?[/b] He's Papa Smurf, for cryin out loud! His reputation on the boards for debating the point he believes in until he's blue in the face (*laughs*) has always been a high point for me. He never tries to be offensive but he does get caught up in his subject of origon a lot, thus, causing his ability to chop anyone down until the person he was talking to is left feeling like their parents just went missing. I loved talking to Papa Smurf and though he is gone, he will never be forgotten; he will always be Nifty.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]5) What is it?[/b] Pirates vs. Ninjas [Thread][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]Why is it Nifty?[/b] omg.... 'PvN' was that one particular thread where religion or weight sizes didn't matter and members were still at each others throats. Me, being in that firefight for quite some time, will never forget going against the 'Legion of Pirate Defenders' (Papa Smurf, Retribution, Shinmaru, White, etc...) with my group, 'The Ninja-esques' (Tekkaman, Big Boss, etc...). Let me tell you, that thread was war on beliefs and though i'm happy that Ninja's totally PWN Pirates in every category, I was heartbroken when I found out that the thread was closed. That thread, though, was the highlight of my year and if it's not Nifty, i'll hire some buddies of mine to make it Nifty.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]*Tekkaman and Ninjas hold wifflebats and wait*[/b][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#808080][b]6) What is it?[/b] Allamorph[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#808080][b]Why is it Nifty? [/b]Since Allamorph has joined OB, it felt like everything clicked for me; I couldn't have imagined a better person to talk to. If it wasn't for Mafia, I don't think I ever would've talked to him but now that I have, I know that he fits right in with the rest of us here on Otaku. Allamorph, in short, is the most down-to-earth, simplistic-yet-ingenious, realistic person i've met since BKstyles and i've only known Allamorph since the event of Mafia. =D[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#808080][b]7) What is it?[/b] Aaryanna_Mom[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#808080][b]Why is it Nifty?[/b] Because A_M, aside from the fact that she is a mod's mother, is as much a member here as me or you. Not only that but she has unflinching advice towards anyone she doesn't agree with and pulls it off with that 'motherly luv' type deal. Once again, I wouldn't've got to know her if not for Mafia.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#808080]Ha, Mafia is the (bleep!)[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#808080][b]8) What is it?[/b] Boo[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#808080][b]Why is it Nifty?[/b] Boo, in the beginning of Mafia (Mafia sooooo rules), was really rude during the beginning of the game but come to find out, he was really trying not to get killed in the event and instead playing towards his own strengths. Boo, since we've started talking, is a really [u]cool[/u] person - I cannot stress the word 'cool' enough - and throughout our talks I really understood his disposition as a person. It's too bad that he lives so far away though: I would really like to talk to him more.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#808080]Nifty man, that Boo.[/color][/size][/font]

[center][b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#808080]--------------------------------------------------[/color][/size][/font][/b][/center]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#808080][b]Edit #1:[/b] Added Boo, Allamorph and Aaryanna_Mom into my top 8/10[/color][/size][/font]

[font=arial][color=indigo][size=1][b]What is it?[/b] Shy [Member]
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] Shy's nifty because he's Shy. He cocreated the most successful and influential RPG in OB history, he actively created drama during Otaku Idol 2 just for the hell of it, and then he proclaimed me his favourite, thus putting me above [i]every last one of you[/i].

[b]What is it?[/b] Sara [Member]
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] She's just endearing and charming all at once. Also, she is about the best troll I've ever seen - trolling without anyone realising she's just doing it for the lulz. This makes her kind of awesome.

[b]What is it?[/b] Desbreko [Member]
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] This guy cuts me a lot of slack for my antics. Seriously. The fact I'm his favourite doesn't hurt either.

[b]What is it?[/b] Charles [Member]
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] He's done it all, created arguably the best rpg these forums have ever seen, the most heated suggestions topic, the most successful clique, partaken in the first same-sex marriage, ruled gaming and single-handedly began a cat movement that won't end.

[b]What is it?[/b] Lady Asphyxia [Member]
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] Because she's pretty, smart, and gives [i]great oral sex[/i].[/size][/color][/font]

[size=1]Here comes the Boo, dooweedoowee.

Nifty? Well?

- [b]It is:[/b] [Thread] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=54015&page=1&pp=15][I]The Complaint[/I][/url] and [Clique] [I]MAMA[/I]
[b]It?s Nifty because:[/b] The thread was plain ridiculous. This thread was the one where the group [i]Members Against Moderators[/i] and [i]Admins[/i] and all of their evil schemes were revealed. The whole thread started with a hostile atmosphere and as it went on, the group members started attacking each other, while the rest of the OtakuBoards community was tearing apart the thread starter(s). Altogether this thread was filled with irony, hostility and ridiculing (of both the complaints in the starter post and the whole existence of the group). If there?s one thread that really stood out this year, it?s this one. And along with the thread, comes the MAMA group.

- [b]It is:[/b] [Member] [I]Ozymandius Jones[/I]
[b]It?s Nifty because:[/b] She?s the moderator who almost solely had to control the Adventure Square for quite some time. While she was being criticized in ?The Complaint?, she never once openly lost her temper. She did one hell of a fine job keeping the quality in the Adventure Square high and she definitely is Nifty.

- [b]It is:[/b] [Thread] [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=52603&page=1&pp=15][I]What is this Clone?[/I][/url]
[b]It?s Nifty because:[/b] [quote name='Ozymandius Jones][size=1][color=orange]Because they show OB members at their best being obnoxious and silly without really being mean. =D [/color'][/size][/quote] The mere idea that this thread exists is Nifty already, but the replies it got were even better. This is one of those threads that prove that even the oldies of OtakuBoards aren?t all bad, but mainly people with a rather weird sense of harmless humour. Plus, the boards the thread starter is referring to, are pretty darn cool.

- [b]It is:[/b] [Thread][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=53499 ] [i][game] Draw my character! [image heavy][/i][/url]
[b]It?s Nifty because:[/b] The whole concept of the idea was cool. It drew a lot of artists, that normally wouldn?t post in the Art Studio, to show off their art to the community through a game kind of thing. The time limit kept the game rolling and it was no surprise that this thread would reach the amount of posts it has so far. Hereby I?d like to say that Sara did a very Nifty job by putting this very Nifty game on OtakuBoards.

I'll probably add more now that I'm busy.

- [b]It is:[/b] [Thread] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=55161][i]OtakuBoards: The Broadway Show! [PG][/i][/url]
[b]It's Nifty because:[/b] It's the product of two brilliant minds. Even though it didn't last very long (two whole broadway parodies.), the idea was great, and the result is great too. It's certainly one of the most Nifty Anthology productions from this year and it inspired other people to write stories. And above that, it was not even a crappy OB parody.

[QUOTE=taperson][B]What is it?:[/B] [Thread] The Game
How this thread did not get locked is beside me. [/QUOTE]
Desbreko created it, duh.

Hm, I think I'll have to add [i]ForgotteÑ-HerÖ[/i] to my list too. Not even because he posted my name, though that's a big plus and definately makes him more Nifty.

-[b] It is:[/b] [Member] [i]ForgotteÑ-HerÖ (a.k.a Splitty)[/i]
[b]They're Nifty because:[/b] If the old list from the Otaku Awards was still present, this fellow would probably be branded [i]"Most improved Member of the Year"[/i]. I have little to add to Tekkaman's post as he pretty much explained my nomination for ForgotteÑ-HerÖ. Even though he has gotten lot's of criticism for a lot things, especially his grammar (I'm pretty sure I've been one of the people to criticize him), he still continues to try and improve. Not once did I see him flip out over the criticism he got. Instead, he tried to use it to his advantage (though not [i]all[/i] of the time, which caused some serious stress amongst members). Plus, he featured me as Booberry in his (only) OB Parody. I might not've Niftified him at the beginning of the year, but he certainly proved himself.

'Split Keyblader' was a lot easier to write, though.
[/size]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Hey! I actually get to vote more this year because I was actually more active, how fun.

1.) [b]What is it?[/b]- The anime picture caption game thread:

[b]Why is it nifty[/b]- Despite nearly dying on numerous occasions, this thread has managed to stay relatively active for over a year now. Plus it's littered with crack up captions.

2.) [b]Who is it?[/b] Gavin

[b]Why is he nifty?[/b]- He's Irish for Christ Sake! That makes anyone nifty. Plus he made my banner and avi.

3.) [b]What is it?[/b] The Would you rather thread

[b]Why is it nifty?[/b]- Because it's always interesting to see what kinds of things people would rather do. And who would have guessed that being anti Barney was so interesting?

I'll have to add more later after looking through the site.

Ciao Bello[/color][/font]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma][CENTER][b]Charles[/b]
[quote name='Charles']I also nominate myself because I do not have to post to be nifty. My backlog of posts contains enough niftiness to last about a decade or so.[/quote]
QFT. He's still got about 9 more years before that niftiness wears off.

[b]Play It[/b]
I nominate Play It for keeping me at OtakuBoards during the hard times. Seriously that gaming drought at the beginning of '06 sucked hardcore and without Play It I don't think I could have made it. The few members that do post in Play It regularly [i]really[/i] know their stuff and I learn so much about gaming every time I view a post.

I just... I love Play It so much. *tear*

[url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=54085][b][color=dimgray]Pirates or Ninjas?[/color][/b][/url]
Go ahead and read through that thread. I dare you. It's filled with piles and piles of nonsense. However, it's probably the most fun I've had defending something ever. I wish dearly that Your Mother didn't ruin it for everyone because we weren't really doing anything wrong until he came along. However Pirates won in the end, anyway. I guess it doesn't help that the Ninja-Fanboys made it so easy.

[b]Clarity[/b]
Since it's mostly a secret between all of the (regular) moderators, you're just going to have to take my word for it when I say it's nifty.

[b]Shy[/b]
Creator of the Nifty Fifty, the Legionnaires and Otaku Idol 2 (plus more), organizer of OtakuBoards Scavenger Hunt. I think that right there is deserving of a spot on the Nifty Fifty. However Shy goes above and beyond simply organizing events. he contributes to the community regularly and makes sure things are in order. He's also fun to talk to and is very approachable (a trait that all mods should and do have).

[b][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=55451][color=dimgray]Hardwired Online[/color][/url][/b]
Hardwired Online was originally created with the name Play It Friend Codes (or something like that) and was made with the intention of being a sort of hub for OB gamers to share their friend codes so they could play their DS' together. It was sweet for a long time but there was something missing. Other consoles.

And thus Hardwired Online was born. Combining the idea of the WiFi friend codes thread along with 360 Gamer Tags and MMORPG listings. It now serves as a thread where you can fight, face, or fish with other OBers no matter what you play your games on.

[b]My Cat[/b]
First seen [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=761370&postcount=129]here[/url], after posting that picture I quickly got [i]a lot[/i] of comments from [i]a lot[/i] of members. She seems to be everyones hero, including [url=http://www.wiikitty.com/archives.php]non-OBers[/url]. Misty usually sleeps behind or on me while I visit OtakuBoards so I'm pretty sure that if she could read she'd know as much as I do about OB.[/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[FONT=Tahoma]Hm, and here I was thinking this wouldn't happen this year. Glad it is. So lesse...

[b]What is it?:[/b] Otaku Idol 2 [Event]
[b]Why is it nifty?:[/b] It's an event that marks history within the community of OB. It's the very first time a staff position has been openly offered to any member willing to participate in a certain event. Because this was the only requirement, it meant that any member whether they be new, old, or mod could have an equal chance. With their minds, dedication, and creativity as the only tools; Otaku Idol 2 initially saw 3 members attempt to face their events off for the position of new Events Master. It became 2, and the events come close to conclusion soon.

[b]What is it?:[/b] Citius Altius Fortius 1 [RP]
[b]Why is it nifty?:[/b] Despite it's being an elaboration on already existing concept, it brought a world of possibility within a widely common field of RPing that involved high school drama, action, and magic. To the members involved, it moved along quickly yet neatly as well. It captivated everyone's attention and we as the members took it to 140+ pages before it's abrupt death. Tis true it's death was as well due to it's popularity, but in either case it is noteworthy (or nifty) both because of it's success and failure. While it's second installment was not as succesful, it too drew largely. But it could not beat the original.

I shall add some more once I get them organized... [/FONT]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Kei posting outside Manga Workshop? [i]My God.[/i]

[center]***[/center]

[b]What is is?:[/b] Charles [person]
[b]Why is it nifty?:[/b] Not only has Charles been an excellent member since he became Staff way back when (and probably even before that), he's simply an incredibly cool guy that truly defines cAttitude (and niftiness). Charles has always been an A+ member to me, even though we haven't agreed on one or two things in the past.

Plus, he makes with the pictures and loves cats almost as much as I do. Us cat-lovers gotta stick together, ya know.

[b]What is is?:[/b] Otaku Idol 2 [Event]
[b]Why is it nifty?:[/b] Never has so much drama been in one place on the Internet [i]ever.[/i] It's better than soaps, ER and a paternity test episode of Maury put together.

[b]What is is?:[/b] Aaryanna_Mom [person]
[b]Why is it nifty?:[/b] Aaryanna_Mom can simply be declared nifty due to the fact that she's the first parent of a member to join and actually really become part of the community. But this is not enough. Aaryanna_Mom also provides good insight into everything she replies to and is all around a nice person. Yay, motherly insight.

That's all from me. For now.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=#656446][b]What:[/b] OB Nifty Fifty of 2006 [thread]
[b]Why:[/b] Obligatory vote. It had pictures and drama.

[b]What:[/b] OB Graphic Worm [thread]
[b]Why:[/b] Because it had even more pictures than OBNF '06.

[b]What:[/b] The Complaint [thread]
[b]Why:[/b] I always find it amusing when people put up straw men and bicker about minor technicalities such as [i]names of organizations[/i]. Effin' good drama right there. And I believe it's because of this thread that OB got new staff members. Kudos to the OP; the thread really made a difference.

[b]What:[/b]Mafia [event]
[b]Why:[/b] Excellent adaptation of an IRL game to a forum-friendly form. Sexy banner is a plus.[/COLOR]

[b]What:[/b] OB Scavenger Hunt
[b]Why:[/b] Along with the other nominations in this post, this was one of the most entertaining times I've ever had at OB. If enough riddles can be mustered up, I hope we can do it again next Summer.

[b]What:[/b] "The Complaint"
[b]Why:[/b] It reminds me of that part in The Truman Show where someone accidentally opens a false wall allowing Truman to see a group of secretive people with mysterious doings. Except in this thread, the wall fell over because one of the people in the room was bumbling around scratching his ***, then when it was open everyone started yelling at him and everyone on the outside saw it and started laughing until the ones on the inside started throwing hissy fits at them and finally just took off their paper hats and disbanded their secret club.

So you can see the similarity there, I think.

[b]What:[/b] Mafia
[b]Why:[/b] Another very fun event, and this game of it was almost only a test run. If done again, the game could be fantastic. It was also pretty interesting to see how something like this adapts from real life to the internet.

[b]What:[/b] "Motorola Razr"
[b]Why:[/b] Because it told Otakuboards that even if you've never even met a particular person, it's still worth it to pick up that phone, reach out, and touch someone. Good ***ing Lord, is it worth it.

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][QUOTE=John][b]What:[/b] "The Complaint"
[b]Why:[/b] It reminds me of that part in The Truman Show where someone accidentally opens a false wall allowing Truman to see a group of secretive people with mysterious doings. Except in this thread, the wall fell over because one of the people in the room was bumbling around scratching his ***, then when it was open everyone started yelling at him and everyone on the outside saw it and started laughing until the ones on the inside started throwing hissy fits at them and finally just took off their paper hats and disbanded their secret club.

So you can see the similarity there, I think.[/QUOTE]
[b]What is it?[/b] John [Member]
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] ^ that[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][B]What:[/B] [I]Delta[/I] [Member]
[B]Why:[/B] If you've seen just one of Delta's banners you know where I'm coming from. She's very talented and comes across as a really nice person who's always willing to help out. She also given me links to a couple of sites with hot Bleach fanart, but I'm sure didn't need to know that.

The 'Boards are so much brighter and creative thanks to her and her talent, and that makes her exceptionally nifty.

[B]What:[/B] [I]Raiyuu[/I] [Member]
[B]Why:[/B] He's one of those guys you just can't help but like. Again, a very helpful and approachable person who does his job with infinite patience and grace. I think he's a fantastic mod and very dedicated while still managing to be friendly. He definately deserves more recognition as a member.

[B]What:[/B] [I]The Mob/Pack[/I]
[B]Why:[/B] Ozy summed it up pretty well, but I'd just like to show my support. My fellow Arena mods are great to work with and do their jobs really well and frighteningly fast. I find myself wishing for someone to step out of line these days. Props to you, [B]Ozy[/B], [B]Blayze[/B] and [B]Sandy[/B]~

[B]What:[/B] [I]Kurayami Oji[/I] [Member]
[B]Why:[/B] To be honest, I haven't really talked a lot with this guy but I get a good feeling about him. Whenever we have communicated he's been very friendly and I think he's definately a promising, upcoming member of the 'Boards. He's also a Death Note fan, which is never a bad thing.

[B]What:[/B] [I]The Arena[/I]
[B]Why: [/B] Where else can you find such a varied (and often times amusing) selection of people? I mean, really, you see a lot coming through there--from the legions of dreaded number-members to the crazy imaginative and entertaining. I can't go long without visiting the Square or Inn, in fact it's probably the only thing that's kept me coming back for the last (nearly) three years. <3 [I]True love[/I].

I may add more, but this is it for now.[/SIZE]

[url=http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?userid=25558][b]Fasteriskhead[/b][/url]
Because he can send an otherwise staid and predictable thread spiralling off into the hinterlands of philosophy and existentialism, and because he actually says what he thinks in Anime Lounge threads. But mostly for the [thread=55418][u]Pumpkin Scissors drinking game[/u][/thread].

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][B]What:[/B] [I]Ezekiel[/I]
[B]Why:[/B] Well for one, she nominated me,:p and that one word signature is really something else. Tis' simplistic and creative at the same time.

[B]What:[/B] [I]The anime picture caption game thread[/I]
[B]Why:[/B] The quirky picture's and the imaginitive answer's that go along with them really get me. This thread will alway's have a special place in my heart. :p

[B]What:[/B] [I]DeadSeraphim[/I] [member]
[B]Why:[/B] Just the sheer amount of comedy in each and every one of his posts is enough to make him nifty.

Tis' all for now.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[B]What is it?[/B] Shy [person]
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] Shy is an incredibly dedicated staff member and is always professional when dealing with members. Their tireless devotion to running and maintaining events is definitely quite nifty.

[B]What is it?[/B] Mafia [event]
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] It was the first event I had seen that didn?t require lengthy signups or even a previous knowledge of a show or game in order to play. Making it a fun event that anyone could just jump right into.

[B]What is it? [/B]Tekkaman [person]
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] Tekkaman is one of those members who makes everything more fun when they are part of it. The way they just jump right in without hesitation is not only inspiring but also contagious in the sense that you just want to be a part of what ever they are doing.

[B]What is it?[/B] Allamorph [person]
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] Allamorph was one of the key members of the event mafia, drawing everyone into the game by his inventive posts, which were not only intelligent but also down to earth and easy to understand.

[B]What is it?[/B] Charles [person]
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] Charles is one of the most down to earth members on the boards who is not only open and friendly to all members, but has a fun if not questionable sense of humor. From those silly cats playing ping-pong to the more questionable would you like to buy a vowel avatar, to his tireless devotion to Otakupedia Charles is definitely quite nifty.

[B]What is it?[/B] Members
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] There?s no doubt that the members are what truly make OtakuBoards nifty. For without them there isn?t an OtakuBoards.

[B]What is it?[/B] Rachmaninoff [person]
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] The very name Rachmaninoff is nifty and the person behind the name is as well. For someone who has yet to even be a member for a month, their posts are insightful, witty and downright fun to read. Making them one of the niftiest new people I?ve met since I joined.

[COLOR=Blue]First I'd like to say a few things. My 1st year on the boards have been fun. I thank anybody on my buddy list. Your there for a reason.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]What is it?:[/COLOR] [COLOR=DimGray]Tekkaman [Person][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Why is it Nifty?: [/COLOR] [COLOR=DimGray]He's been a good friend since I met him. He shares much loe for my favorite game. But that's not why he's nifty. He can come up with cool things. His characters in the RP's he gets into are great. Why I've only seen about 2 sign-ups that he hasn't gotten. I've always wanted to RP with him. But I've never gotten the chance. Plus he's been in the army. So he's a great nominee for the nifty fifty of 07.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]What is it?:[/COLOR] [COLOR=DimGray]Otakupedia [Thread][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Why is it Nifty?:[/COLOR] [COLOR=DimGray]Well I havn't read the whole thing, but so far it's interesting. Some of the other members really caused a stir back then.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]What is it?: [/COLOR] [COLOR=DimGray]Moderators [people][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Why is it Nifty?:[/COLOR] [COLOR=DimGray]Well besides the fact that without them we'd have an internet D-day. They kept on nagging me about grammer. I know sounds like I'm being mean. But they helped me get in gear. I've found my 'word' and I've come to use it. Plus because of that my post quality has improved.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]What is it?: [/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray]Boo [Person][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Why is it Nifty?: [/COLOR] [COLOR=DimGray]Well he's the only one I've seen to report a post because its "way too sexy". But he's not only funny but he kind of makes me feel stupidier. So hat's off to you, I guess.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]What is it?: [/COLOR] [COLOR=DimGray]What is this Clone? [Thread][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Why is it Nifty?:[/COLOR] [COLOR=DimGray]Well it gives us backsite on well, the site. I'm not going to explain how it started. Because i've explained my "past" on the boards. Remember one of most moderated members? GUNmanZERO7, why he was kinda dumb. Or shall UI say i. I'm going to PM either Dagger or Desbreko (unsure) if he/she can merge that profile with mine. But on another note. The clone was a little bit of a funny. I mean whsat I read a couple of people weren't completely sure on what they were posting. That's what I think personnaly.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]What is it?:[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray]Aaryanna_Mom [Mother/member][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Why is it Nifty?:[/COLOR] [COLOR=DimGray]Well lets see. As said before she's a great member. But also she's one of the coolest mothers I've heard off. A mother that posts on a message boards directed for anime loving nerds? How cool is that. (Sorry about that nerd thing. It's a medafor.) Aaryanna, you have a cool mother. So Aaryanna_Mom, keep on a rockin'.[/COLOR]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]9) What it is?[/b] Forgotten-Hero[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]Why it is Nifty?[/b] I don't care who agrees with me on this but Forgotten-Hero (Split Keyblader) was weak in the boards in terms of posting. Throughout his struggle to post better, he had plenty of help, i'm sure, from all the Moderators and plenty of encouragement from myself. The only thing I wanted Forgotten-Hero to do was to post more effciently and he managed, with all his determination, to do so in order to please everyone here on OtakuBoards. Forgotten-Hero, despite what others may think of him (Doublehex wouldn't let him join Citius Altius fortius for a number of reasons including posting), has tried his damndest (Excuse my language) to do his best everytime he posted while still keeping that calm disposition, taking others criticism with the smallest grain of salt. Despite the fact that he is still working on his grammar, Forgotten-Hero is one of the most constant, determined, and all-around-nice people here. I enjoy when he posts on any thread (Including making a thread) because he at least tries and rallies up the newer members here for action-packed fun that he tries to keep from dying. (The Keyblade Axademy, for example) For these reasons, Forgotten-Hero is definitely worthy of being Nifty.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray](Sorry for the length but I feel that Forgotten-Hero deserves the award of Nifty, if you ask me - I really do.)[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#808080][b]10) what it is?[/b] Big Boss[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#808080][b]Why it is Nifty?[/b] Big Boss, the original OG, is cool indeed. He backed me up in Ninjas vs. Pirates (I never said thanks for that) and i've tracked him in numerous RP's in the past (As a matter of fact, unbeknownst to him, reading some of his posts [along with Raiyuu's] actually inspired me to join OB in the first place). Big Boss, though I don't know him very well, deserves to definitely be Nifty for these reasons, if not more.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#808080][b]*[u]All done! My 10 nominees are officially filled![/u][/b][/color][/size][/font]

[FONT=Tahoma]Some more:

[b]What is it?:[/b] Sandy [Member/Mod]
[b]Why is if nifty?:[/b] In addition to being amongst the most active moderators on the board as a whole, Sandy has persevered through some pretty tough times as of late concerning Otaku Idol 2. Though all the comments, criticisms, and BS, etc etc he has never lost sight or faith in doing what it took to keep not only Labyrinth moving but now Mafia as well. The way he has reacted in the thread itself may be contraversial, and the fact that he felt the need to apologize for his actions shows that he is still willing to stick around and help the community as best he can. Whether you believe his post was facetious or sincere, it's irrelavent seeing as how Sandy's reaction [i]could[/i] have been to just say F it and abandon his duties completely. Whether you view this as being faithful and dedicated or just a contraversey magnet, I'd say it ranks up with nifty for 06.

[b]What is it?:[/b] Shy [Member/Mod]
[b]Why is it nifty?:[/b] There isn't really much to say here, Shy probably works the hardest amongst the other staff members by not only putting together all the events he has, but by his normal contributions as well. Also seeing as how i nominated OI2 for Nifty, it's only right that the person who is running it be nominated as well.

[b]What is it?:[/b] The Arenahabitants [Members]
[b]Why is it nifty?[/b]: Since I came to OB, the biggest effect on me has been made by the Arena and it's inhabitants. I've met most of the friends i've made on OB in the arena during RPs and have had endless good times over there. Because the Arena has been and is still going pretty strong thanks to it's dedicated participants (myself included =P), it is nifty beyond niftyness.

[b]What is it?:[/b] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=55064&highlight=Picture]"What Do You Look Like?" [/url][Thread]
[b]Why is it nifty?:[/b] No matter how you viewed it, this thread was wildly popular and quickly gained an extravagent amount of views. It broke the ice on a lot of subjects and confirmed or denied many of our ideas on what we looked like. Thanks to that thread we now have faces to go with names. During the short time it was allowed open, it was indeed quite nifty.

More to be added at another time[/font]

[B]What is it?:[/B] Raiyuu.
[B]Why is it nifty?:[/B] I first joined the forums in June, so of course my first [double] post was poor-quality. Raiyuu was the one to give me the "Welcome to the OtakuBoards" shpiel. Ever since then, Raiyuu has been kicking butt for new members' post quality to improve, and it makes me proud. :]

[B]What is it?:[/B] [Thread] What do you Look Like?
[B]Why is it nifty?:[/B] It was a nice thread with good intentions, but it did get to the point where it went a little too far. It was very interesting to finally see pictures of people who I had simply imagined online -- however, finding out that some were female instead of the males I had imagined [and vice versa]... well, that was creepy. The whole forum in itself let everyone get to know each other a little beter... but I do think that when it got more views than the "Rules" sticky, it was time for it to pass on.

[B]What is it?:[/B] Otakupedia
[B]Why is it nifty?:[/B] For new[ish] members such as myself [June 2006], this is a great way to understand the history of the OtakuBoards. I read and reread it so much it's crazy, and I've found myself searching for the threads mentioned in it [example: the meeting of Adam and masterfork]. It's a great reference for questions and overall curiosity!

[B]What is it?:[/B] [Thread] The Game
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]: Because I hate it. Everyone hates it, yet no one could stay away from it. It is 10 pages of "The Game" stories and even some posts simply saying, "Oh ****, I just lost it". How this thread did not get locked is beside me. But the point is, it brought about one common thing for everyone to be ****ed off at, and it is a truly entertaining thread to read when I'm bored.

[size=1][b]What?[/b] Delta's Signatures
[b]Why?[/b] Honestly, they're the sexiest things on OB since... a while. They always look absolutely stunning, unparalleled in beauty, and reflect her uniqueness and skill as a graphic designer.

[b]What?[/b] Boo
[b]Why?[/b] This guy's sense of humor is refreshingly original and blunt, and if you've ever chatted with him on AIM or MSN, you'd know that his [strike]Dutch[/strike] nonsensical antics and funny ideas (chain letter, anyone? ;D) are equally entertaining.[/size]